• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

TSM

I decided to spend the hour I needed to finish up to get my stash tab. I'm ready to try the new client next season.

KarmaCow

Yes! Joined Boss Rush Conquest community and got that conquest done. It also happened to be the last achievement I needed to get stash tab.

I am done, bring on next season :)

How do I find and join that community? I also need it for the last achievement to get the stash tab.

edit: Nevermind, found and it just steam rolled through it. I didn't even realise this feature existed.

TSM

Another conquest that is easily doable is the kill 350 enemies during a TX cursed chest event. Keep restarting the game until you get 'Curse of the Peat' in act V 'Paths of the Drowned'. I completed it first try to finish my stash tab tonight.

Wolfie5

Well, season 8 is over. Time for some stash cleaning(for those few who played it that is) before season 9 begins next week.

Lain

I kept procrastinating on doing season stuff and ended up not having the time at the end (only leveled a mage to 18 this season lol). I wonder if I'll even try during 9.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I don't even wind up using the additional stash tabs any more. It'll still be fun to play through with the new client at least.

Think I'll go Monk again this time. SWK as the starter set is pretty strong.
First Look - Season 9

w4ttsup

Don't see much changing in Season 9 that will bring me back other than the new client (which is really a nice upgrade visually).

Guess I'm holding out for patch 2.5!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I don't even wind up using the additional stash tabs any more. It'll still be fun to play through with the new client at least.

I have yet to earn a single additional stash tab. I wish there was some other way to get them, some way that wasn't so terribly difficult. And yeah I know, for most of you in this thread you think it's easy to get the stash slots, well not all of us are great at min maxing and running GR80's like it's a walk in the park. I've never gotten higher than GR52 in D3, ever, and even that was terribly time consuming and difficult. I find the majority of the set dungeons impossible, I've only mastered one of them ever.

At this point since the requirements keep getting harder with every season (probably since Blizzard just assumes everyone has them all now) I'll most likely never get any new stash tabs. :(

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Can someone explain exactly what you do in a season. I know you start a new character but that's really it. Do you play through the campaign again, get to 70, and then start paragon levels? Are there new rifts/bounties to do like in adventure mode? I've seen mention it soft/hardcore...What's the difference?

I want to try join in with season 9 but don't know what to do.

Lain

Can someone explain exactly what you do in a season. I know you start a new character but that's really it. Do you play through the campaign again, get to 70, and then start paragon levels? Are there new rifts/bounties to do like in adventure mode? I've seen mention it soft/hardcore...What's the difference?

I want to try join in with season 9 but don't know what to do.

You play in adventure mode from the start in Season (no reason to play campaign mode really in season), reach 70 and then you start working on the journey to unlock the various rewards.
It's just a way to go through the game again and again from scratch. Probably, even if it wasn't the best, it might have been better before when there were exclusive season rewards until the season rolled over, though the +1 tab and some of the visual rewards are cool too.
No denying though that when a new season meant a new patch with reworked legendaries and set it was better.

Difference between hardcore and softcore is that in hardcore you only have 1 life. Once you die you lose your character.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
You play in adventure mode from the start in Season (no reason to play campaign mode really in season), reach 70 and then you start working on the journey to unlock the various rewards.
It's just a way to go through the game again and again from scratch. Probably, even if it wasn't the best, it might have been better before when there were exclusive season rewards until the season rolled over, though the +1 tab and some of the visual rewards are cool too.
No denying though that when a new season meant a new patch with reworked legendaries and set it was better.

Difference between hardcore and softcore is that in hardcore you only have 1 life. Once you die you lose your character.

Thanks! I don't think I will be doing the hardcore character lol. For some reason I thought you needed to play the campaign again. I would prefer just doing adventure mode so that's good. Does it take long to get to lvl 70 or is it much quicker than playing the campaign?

KarmaCow

Thanks! I don't think I will be doing the hardcore character lol. For some reason I thought you needed to play the campaign again. I would prefer just doing adventure mode so that's good. Does it take long to get to lvl 70 or is it much quicker than playing the campaign?

I'd say it's quicker, something you can do in a few hours. At the very least there is far less down time and you don't need to endure the story.

So, I picked up the PS4 version of this a couple of weeks ago. I just finished the main game and have done some bounties. My question is, what's the fastest way to get to 70? I'm mainly playing for trophies. I'm playing on master difficulty and playing by myself, so being power leveled is kind of out of the question.

I used to play on PC when it first came out, but I never really bothered much with it other than getting to 70 and running some rifts. The difficulty curve and gear curve was pretty stupid when I was playing during release.

Figure this is mostly a PC thread with the seasons and all, but I just wanted to post that Im glad to be playing a Diablo game again. I held off for so long and just recently picked it up during the PSN sale.

So far so good!

:D
BsRSi1tl.jpg

So, I picked up the PS4 version of this a couple of weeks ago. I just finished the main game and have done some bounties. My question is, what's the fastest way to get to 70? I'm mainly playing for trophies. I'm playing on master difficulty and playing by myself, so being power leveled is kind of out of the question.

I used to play on PC when it first came out, but I never really bothered much with it other than getting to 70 and running some rifts. The difficulty curve and gear curve was pretty stupid when I was playing during release.
power through the highest difficulty nephilim rift you can clear under i think 10 minutes(?) until you hit 70. Up the difficulty when mobs are dying so fast that you can clear the rift in 5 minutes ish.

Wallach

Figure this is mostly a PC thread with the seasons and all, but I just wanted to post that Im glad to be playing a Diablo game again. I held off for so long and just recently picked it up during the PSN sale.

So far so good!

:D

I actually love playing this game on controller, surprisingly. When seasons finally hit console in season 10 I may switch over for good.

So what are the best builds for Wizards to work towards? I'm trying a Wizard for the first time in ages. Never even played one in a season before (that long ago). I have a lot of Firebird stuff though... just not sure how best to take advantage of the set bonuses or if I should be trying for Vyr's or Tal Rasha intead.

Jedi2016

64-bit and uses DX11 so some improved visuals like better AA/SSAO and better support for higher framerates.
Read this today in the patch notes.. that's huge. I played for a bit just now, and it stutters like mad. Hopefully the new client can fix that up.

Jedi2016

Not this it won't.. it's not frame pacing or anything like that, it's loading stutters and slowdowns when big stuff happens on screen. I didn't realize the game engine was that damn old, it's probably not utilizing hardware anywhere near what it's supposed to.

TSM

I didn't realize the game engine was that damn old, it's probably not utilizing hardware anywhere near what it's supposed to.

I've played for hours without the game causing my GTX 1080 to spin it's fans up. Most of the stutters are either engine, streaming or network related.

Xanathus

I totally forgot/didn't know that next season starts this weekend, and there's probably going to be that Diablo anniversary event thing happening this week.

Tendo

Is this Darkening of Tristram event really only available for January? that seems an incredible amount of work on a dungeon to only be available for a month.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is this Darkening of Tristram event really only available for January? that seems an incredible amount of work on a dungeon to only be available for a month.

I think you might be expecting a lot more from this than it is.

I played the event at Blizzcon and it is a Greater Rift-like thing with a Pixelized filter and restricted movement.

I mean the filer is really cool looking (but you can turn it off, or at least we could) and I'm sure a lot went into it. And the movement does quite a lot to make the game a bit more difficult just because you can't run around as much. But in the end its a 15ish level rift with low level items that isn't going to affect max level characters at all. They recommend you play it from level 1 because it will be a steamroll and snoozefest if you don't.

That said, I have no idea why they would disable it after a month. Let players play in that mode all the time if they want, why not? But I'm not Blizzard so...

Is it sad that the most exciting part of 2.4.3 for me is that potions have been moved to Myriam? No more juggling dyes in my inventory!

That said, I have no idea why they would disable it after a month. Let players play in that mode all the time if they want, why not? But I'm not Blizzard so...

My guess is so that it incentivizes people that have left the game to actually come back this month instead of just saying, "Meh, I'll get to it when I get to it." It seems to have worked on me.

Like others, I got back into D3 after Blizzcon. Last week, though, the console version was on sale for $20 on the PlayStation store. Me and two other friends jumped on this and we've been having a ton of fun running our way to 70. It sucks we can't use our PC toons or, at the very least, share cosmetics and challenges.

Dare I say I love the controller better than the mouse for D3?

It seems the console edition gets parity for versions with the PC. Has Blizzard ever said if the consoles will be getting Seasons? And do the console versions get the old Season armor rolled into the game for drops, same as PC?

I'm getting horrible lag in this game even when my connection shows <100 msec. I have no idea how to fix it but it's damn near unplayable like this trying to vault around with rubber banding.

I got this for Christmas, and I'm really enjoying it. I played a bit of the second one back in the day, where I was a necromancer I think, but I don't remember much about it. This seems a bit more arcade-y than Diablo 2, but as I said, it's been a while since I played, and I could be getting bits of it mixed up with Divine Divinity lol.
I just have a few questions:
I have the Origins edition of Overwatch (that came with the coin and badge), and I think I got some Diablo III Mercy wings DLC with that. How do I access that, and is it class dependent? I'm playing a Witch Doctor, and I'm on PS4.
Can the Witch Doctor have more than 3 zombie dogs out at once, or is the passive that gives a chance of summoning them used to bring them back while waiting for the cooldown on the summon skill to end, or if I'm using a different skill than summon zombie dogs?
Do I need to keep old equipment, or should I just sell it?
I'm only fairly early on in the game (I just beat the Skeleton King in the cathedral, and found the Stranger who had fallen from the sky). Will I be able to access the Diablo 1 remake content, or do I need to be further in the storyline or at post game to access it?

The co-op is integrated really well though, especially the fact it auto allocates items to whoever is most suited to them. I remember playing through Dark Alliance and spending most of the time swapping weapons between ourselves and checking who'd benefit from everything the most.

I wish we could keep the low-fi filter and effects as a toggle, forever.

Loving the new DX11 client, SSAO is long overdue too. The Chroma support is a nice touch.

I have a question about Wizards and the Chantodo set.

When I have 20 stacks from Chantodo and I enable archon form, all those stacks disappear and I'm left with 1. Sometimes there's a few more though. Is that supposed to happen?

Top Bottom