• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Strider

Season 5 is starting at the absolute worst time for me
facepalm.gif

Don't mind the two week period, but is the patch going up at the end of S4? Or is that still TBD?

Generally patches are applied as soon as the season ends. Makes sense too since they'll want to monitor things to maybe make changes before S5 starts(that's part of the point of having the delay, nerfing/fixing issues and potentially buffing some stuff).

Kalavaras

Banned
I skipped season4 completely and now I'm ready for some more D3. Gonna start a barbarian on season5 once again, my favorite class since the beginning. Gonna be exciting for a while at least since I've missed the cube and everything new.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I got Diablo 3 on PC after having played it on PS3 (barbarian) and PS4 (crusader) so this is my first time playing as a wizard. I'm at level 26 right now but i've just unlocked a skill (right mouse button. not sure the name of it) and it just absolutely destroys everything. i'm playing at expert which is the highest i can go until I finish Act IV.

i just find it a bit strange how over powered i feel this early on at the highest difficulty. i'm not really complaining. the quicker i can get through the campaign the better but i'm just mindlessly destroying everything and leveling up so damn fast.

^ Yeah I felt the same way when I first started playing. I thought, "Man, this game is pretty easy!" Then I got to level 70 and joined a clan and started doing higher-level Torment stuff. That was pretty eye opening lol. I recently did a level 50 greater rift and just got destroyed. Thankfully I had a crazy strong Witch Doctor in my party to carry, but I could still barely stay alive.

End of S4 and start of S5 announced:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19975528/season-4-ending-soon-12-15-2015

Dec 30 it ends and Jan 15 new season starts.

I'm gonna be making a Wizard for the new season. Wish me luck! I hope the final patch changes are Wizard-friendly.

This was my first season and I must say it was very fun. My Demon Hunter is a joy to play. I managed to complete all 4 of his sets and got some great legendaries. The Natalyas set is my favorite.

Jan 15th

😡

That is lame.

I think this season will be the shortest people play and if this is a trend then yeah... just adding a set with +1000+% dmg isn't going to bring longevity to the game. Not only that but seasons will give you a full set and items aren't bound to seasons, it's getting a wee bit too easy with everything. The content they add is nice but it's not something that is experienced at end game.

Dahbomb

Yeah I expect people to just finish the Season journey and then stop cold turkey. Blizzard did no fixes to the end game and it's even more rewarding to bot to grind Paragon levels, get higher GRs, get better gems, better exp and more gem upgrades to enchant items. Rich get richer etc.

Though there will be quite a few builds to experiment with this time around. I 100% believe that people are holding back god tier builds to avoid the stick in PTR (like the Heal Monk from S4).

Wallach

So they put up a 2.4 item & set changes blog post today, and the image for the Legacy of Nightmares set is at 400% per item instead of 100%. It's never been at 400% in any previous iteration, so I don't know if this is just from a never-seen internal build or if this is how it is going to ship. If it is how it will ship, it seems like it will push LoN pretty well into the spotlight for competitive S5 builds.

Part of me hopes they do ship it at 400% because LoN builds are frankly a lot more interesting to me at the moment.

IlludiumQ36

S4 is my first run though a season. When they say your season items will be "mailed" to your main account, does that mean I have to sort through what I want to keep in one session? What if I needed to access it again in the event of a disconnect or some other interruption? Would the remainder of the unclaimed stash still be available within that 30 day period?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
S4 is my first run though a season. When they say your season items will be "mailed" to your main account, does that mean I have to sort through what I want to keep in one session? What if I needed to access it again in the event of a disconnect or some other interruption? Would the remainder of the unclaimed stash still be available within that 30 day period?

there is a mail tab that becomes available. you loot from there everything as you make room in your stash and sort stuff out.

it stays there for like 30 days, yeah

So they put up a 2.4 item & set changes blog post today, and the image for the Legacy of Nightmares set is at 400% per item instead of 100%. It's never been at 400% in any previous iteration, so I don't know if this is just from a never-seen internal build or if this is how it is going to ship. If it is how it will ship, it seems like it will push LoN pretty well into the spotlight for competitive S5 builds.

Part of me hopes they do ship it at 400% because LoN builds are frankly a lot more interesting to me at the moment.

They confirmed it's at 100%. And I have no idea how 400% makes any sense, considering LoN is already competitive at 100%. Not for every class, but that's a problem with a general damage increase and classes performing differently. If you buff LoN, hell even to 200%, then WD and Crusader LoN are the only competitive builds. That'd make very little sense. Probably for other classes too.

Baliis

Hmm I should make a final push with my barb before the season ends. But what build to use. WW would probably be best, but I don't think I have the gear to really make it work, I needed gifts for my weapons, but never really got them. Might just do like a SS build and see what I can push out.

Firemind

That updated Might of the Earth might be really good for a SS build. Before, SS didn't really have a specific set so it got outclassed by HotA which did more damage with IK, but now? I'm not so sure... Wish I didn't salvage those Might of the Earth pieces now. :lol

Haven't played this in a while but thought about going back to it. Joined a game and I went from paragon 98 (which I earned) to paragon 1544 in a matter of minutes. Assume another player did something to cause this. What happened? I feel like I just screwed my whole game without meaning to.

Dahbomb

Haven't played this in a while but thought about going back to it. Joined a game and I went from paragon 98 (which I earned) to paragon 1544 in a matter of minutes. Assume another player did something to cause this. What happened? I feel like I just screwed my whole game without meaning to.
You were playing on console version.

Krayzie

Hopefully you have a backup save file on the cloud storage system which will allow you to revert your character back to paragon 98.

If not, create another account, mail your items over, delete your save file and start over.

Xanathus

Thinking of playing Crusader or WD next season. Need to check out how the new Invoker and LoN builds for both of them work out though LoN builds seem annoying to farm for on season.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really like Seasons are three months now. Feels like the perfect length.

Yeah, the shorter, the better. My friends list at the start of a season: 15 people online and active. My friends list 1 or 2 weeks after the start of the season: 2 people online.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just tell me

Is mah Sentry DH gonna be good?

ElyrionX

Didn't realize they were removing season exclusive legs from the game. Good move. I have always thought making some items season exclusive was stupid.

Didn't realize they were removing season exclusive legs from the game. Good move. I have always thought making some items season exclusive was stupid.

Well they're adding season exclusive stash slots, so people are whining even more now I think. You have to complete a certain amount of season journey objectives to get an additional stash slot. There is one for everyone with the next patch though, regardless.

The stash stuff is also not too easy, at least based on PTR. It's not like crazy hard, but it seems to be roughly the equivalent of being able to do GR50 in the current version, and other related stuff at that power level(obviously in 2.4, that's GR60 cause powercreep be crazy).

ElyrionX

Well they're adding season exclusive stash slots, so people are whining even more now I think. You have to complete a certain amount of season journey objectives to get an additional stash slot. There is one for everyone with the next patch though, regardless.

The stash stuff is also not too easy, at least based on PTR. It's not like crazy hard, but it seems to be roughly the equivalent of being able to do GR50 in the current version, and other related stuff at that power level(obviously in 2.4, that's GR60 cause powercreep be crazy).

Wait what? You have to play seasons to get a bigger stash? How many tabs are we talking about here?

Firemind

RIP me

For the stash unlocks, can always get them unlocked by someone, it doesn't take very long if you get carried. I mean you still need to do some of the stuff solo, so you'd still need to play seasons for a while, but assuming you get carried for the early farming and objectives and powerleveled, I'd say you could be done with the season stash stuff in 12-15hours or so? Like a couple of hours of grouping to get to 70 and do the stuff that can be done in a group, and then the rest on your own to finish your gear and such. Might be more or less depending on your luck and the class you play, some classes scale faster.

Not sure if they're gonna change the objectives or not, we'll see I guess.

Full list for Conqueror tier of season journey which rewards the stash tab is:

- Kill Diablo & Greed on T10. Takes about 3minutes to run with someone who's geared
- Reach GR50 Solo. That's where the bulk of the time will go I'd say, gearing up enough to run GR50 solo
- Finish T9 rift in 4 minutes. Can be done in well, 4minutes or so with someone else
- Level 3 gems to level 50. Can be done in about 1h30 or so by a high geared player running GRs for you. More like an hour with the new 4upgrade GR system if you have the money.
- Complete 2 Conquests. One of the conquest would be 50millions gold streak, easily obtainable with a greed gem in T10 large rifts I think, second easiest one is probably GR45 solo with no set, or if you want to play multiple chars, the set dungeon one. The speed runner one could also be done but it's pretty hard to do solo unless you play specific fast running classes(and like really fast running) and it's also kinda hard to carry in, but doable if you mostly stay in town doing turn ins. Last conquest is terrible for casual play since it requires solo GR55 with 6 different class sets(aka at least 2 classes).

Dahbomb

Next season that will be piss easy anyway. The power creep is real.
The power wasn't the issue... it was having 4 competent players who would be willing to not pick up anything, get a god rift with god enemies and have a player TP before the Rift spawned.

TX was already pretty easy last season but you had to have so many things line up to get that achievement.

The power wasn't the issue... it was having 4 competent players who would be willing to not pick up anything, get a god rift with god enemies and have a player TP before the Rift spawned.

TX was already pretty easy last season but you had to have so many things line up to get that achievement.

There wasn't TX in 2mins, it was 3mins, 2mins was a conquest which wasn't needed for the journey.

It's still there for the last step of the journey(which still only rewards better portraits past chapter 4) but with the power creep it should be a bit easier. Will still require a bunch of fishing if you're trying to rush it, but doing pubs T10 rifts I'd expect to get it pretty easy randomly with some of the rift changes(caves being less terrible) and everyone being stronger.

I did it solo last season though, it did take a couple of hours of restarting games constantly to find the right rift, and it was pretty shitty, but eh. At least there's no "cube 100 things". Which means I won't have to keep 2stash tabs for legendaries to cube and have to do so many stupid bounties.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so did the "melee DH" thing happen, and does it work?

It isn't really melee DH, it's a DH with a melee weapon, which is quite different, since DH skills are still DH skills. Mostly it means you can only use specific non ranged weapon required skills, such as Impale, Fan of Knives and Chakram and some more but those are the 3 people use for the builds although Chakram is apparently not good enough at higher GRs and is dropped in favor of utility bolas instead. It works ok, bit clunky at times but the power levels seem alright.

Gameplay is based around very very high burst on impale on the first hit on a given enemy, vault being "free" so you can move around constantly to avoid damage and position better and the fan of knives legendary dagger charging up your fan of knives so it does very high damage burst which you combine with convention of elements to finish stuff. You have perma shadow power with all runes and like every DH build in 2.4 you also have perma vengeance.

Dahbomb

It's more like a Ninja Demon Hunter than Melee DH. You only come in Melee range to use Fan of Knives, rest of the time you just snipe with Impale dagger.

Power level is OK but a couple other sets will out perform it.

ElyrionX

The stash tab thing seems like they are setting it up to be sold as DLC at some point which would be a terrible way to implement a freemium model.

Dahbomb

The stash tab thing seems like they are setting it up to be sold as DLC at some point which would be a terrible way to implement a freemium model.
Even if they do that, other games like Diablo have already done it like PoE and Devilian.

They aren't going to do it because they seem pretty adamant about adding stuff for free in D3 to gain the confidence of the fanbase.

Deadly

Even if they do that, other games like Diablo have already done it like PoE and Devilian.

They aren't going to do it because they seem pretty adamant about adding stuff for free in D3 to gain the confidence of the fanbase.
I think at this point everyone would rather pay for additional stash tabs. Especially if they gate it behind the harder/later ladder journeys.

Top Bottom