• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Well for now, everyone gets one more stash as soon as 2.4 launch(so probably next tuesday).

On top of that you can get one more every season. The current season one is gated behind a fairly late objective. They might gate the others to an easier objective, or have a delayed unlock for everyone so the season thing ends up only being a timed advantage. Don't really know their plans in the future other than they'll keep adding stash tabs to seasons as a reward. They might also be working on an expansion that'll add a bunch of microtransactions stuff and what not, again we don't know much about their future plans, since they haven't talked about much of anything at the last Blizzcon.

Mostly I think at this point they've been very reticent about adding more stash tabs because realistically, a lot of people don't "need" them, but if they add stash tabs they need to increase the size of the "saves" for each account, which is a huge waste of ressource if people don't actively use them. That's why I think they tie it to seasons. This way, a lot of people who might just check the game out randomly won't just see "oh new stash", open them, then never touch them again for several months, just wasting space.

I guess they're also against microtransactions at this time. Maybe the scar of the RMAH results and stuff. I personally think it'd be very reasonable to ask people to pay like 5$ per stash tab or something, and then add other random cosmetics like wings, portrait frames and pets like they did on the chinese version, as long as they keep the prices pretty low. They could even maybe make D3 F2P(but RoS would still require a box), to make it less offensive to some people. Although tbh they've been doing microtransactions at fairly ridiculous prices for years in wow, a game that both requires a box AND a sub on top.

That's also why they're gating them behind harder season objectives I think. Wether or not they'll keep it that way, I guess we'll see, it seems it won't change for this season but if a lot of people complain, it could change next season.

TSM

I stopped playing last season because I felt like I was headed towarda an RSI. I ordered a steam controller and will be diving back in next season.

eek5

I stopped playing last season because I felt like I was headed towarda an RSI. I ordered a steam controller and will be diving back in next season.

i always play the builds that require the least amount of input because of this

i can't imagine the stress put on by people who played wiz/cru without macros

brau

oh nice.. people still playing. i am thinking of booting this up right now. anyone up for some looting?

ps4 or pc. i don't mind.

TSM

I should probably dive back in and finish my season journey. Think the only thing I had left was tx in 3 minutes. Maybe someone in the clan would help with that.

Edit: Ah, and solo 60. Not sure if I care to get back into it that hard until my controller shows up. Amazon says 1/4 or 1/5 which is after the season ends.

TSM

holy cow.. just leveled up from paragon 40 to almost 2k in like 10 mins. wth? playing on ps4. lol.

From what I gather on the Xbone/PS4 if you care about the integrity of your progress you can't play online with randoms.

brau

From what I gather on the Xbone/PS4 if you care about the integrity of your progress you can't play online with randoms.

so all modded huh? i was reading about it. Shame. I guess i'll just use this to boost up friends or whatever. I guess i'll have to start playing non public... but not too many friends play this so it gets boring.

TSM

so all modded huh? i was reading about it. Shame. I guess i'll just use this to boost up friends or whatever. I guess i'll have to start playing non public... but not too many friends play this so it gets boring.

Unfortunately D3 is pretty much PC only if you intend to play with randoms.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
holy cow.. just leveled up from paragon 40 to almost 2k in like 10 mins. wth? playing on ps4. lol.
Three reports of this within the last 13 days and 78 posts of this thread, and yours comes with a before and after account of the tale.

Incredible. At least you're not angry about it.

Yeah, the Rebirth function better be coming.

brau

Three reports of this within the last 13 days and 78 posts of this thread, and yours comes with a before and after account of the tale.

Incredible. At least you're not angry about it.

Yeah, the Rebirth function better be coming.

so this has been going on for a while? i didn't know what was happening. until i closed the rift. haha

no point in getting angry. i can always delete the char or whatever. on pc is fun to play with randoms... too bad its not the same on ps4.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah, since vanilla on PS3, though non-hackers weren't affected nearly as much then compared to now.

At least on PS4 it's easy enough to find legit players through the communities feature.

Oh, since I'm here, I'd also chime in on seeing a potential for paid unlocks for stash tabs being acceptable. It's just a convenience which doesn't directly affect a character's ability. If that's worth a few bucks to people, let them pay.

brau

Im kinda sad now... its a fun game to play with the controller and be casual about it. The more i think about it the less i want to play some more without other people. I guess it'll just be a couch coop for when friends or fam are around. Shame.

Dahbomb

i always play the builds that require the least amount of input because of this

i can't imagine the stress put on by people who played wiz/cru without macros
Yeah I played the OG SWK Holy Monk build back in the day with no macros.

So glad they reworked that shit.

Nokterian

Not modded it is all hacked on PS4/Xbone avoid public games at all costs it ruins everything.

Will be playing when patch 2.4 hit and season 5 is going to rob me of my time again.

nubbe

Is this good?
XQ4h4J0.jpg

Dahbomb

Man they added Legendary affixes to so many items in 2.4 that it's surprising that there are still many items left in the game with no affixes.

Most specifically Monk fists. I think at least 6 of them don't have anything still.

Fleshrake, Rabid Strike, Scarbringer, Logan's Claw, Demon Hand, Crystal Fist etc.

Lain

Didn't manage to complete a GR60 solo for 30-40 seconds. Feels bad. Although I only tried to get to it between yesterday and today as my last best before was GR51 solo.
Now to wait for the patch.

They actually haven't said anything. I assumed the season ended on tuesday so they'd do the usual patching process on tuesday but I was off one day apparently. They don't have a pending maintenance announcement that I can see, so it's possible they won't patch until next week? Seems like kind of a waste to not patch right as the season ends.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I haven't played D3 in a VERY long time. I got pretty hooked on Devilian (another ARPG), but the grind is really unbalanced and I'm starting to lose interest. One thing that game did that was super fun was that it had dungeons that you could run like an MMO. Bosses had some basic mechanics that you had to deal with that really made things interesting. Has D3 added anything with that similar feel, or does it still feel mostly like an eternal tank and spank?

Dahbomb

So I haven't played D3 in a VERY long time. I got pretty hooked on Devilian (another ARPG), but the grind is really unbalanced and I'm starting to lose interest. One thing that game did that was super fun was that it had dungeons that you could run like an MMO. Bosses had some basic mechanics that you had to deal with that really made things interesting. Has D3 added anything with that similar feel, or does it still feel mostly like an eternal tank and spank?
That depends on what you mean by long time. They added Greater Rifts which have an end of level boss and at higher difficulties you sort of have to dodge their abilities when possible or you die fast.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That depends on what you mean by long time. They added Greater Rifts which have an end of level boss and at higher difficulties you sort of have to dodge their abilities when possible or you die fast.

Way before RoS and before they added the new difficulty system. But one thing I don't love is boss tank and spanks. I like the idea of having to dodge and avoid attacks and other hazards to keep bosses engaging.

Xanathus

Way before RoS and before they added the new difficulty system. But one thing I don't love is boss tank and spanks. I like the idea of having to dodge and avoid attacks and other hazards to keep bosses engaging.

Bosses and elite mobs have had environmental effects which require you to move and dodge out of them for a very long time, even before RoS. You possibly did not need to dodge them if you played on lower difficulties but now with the scaling GR system you can just raise the difficulty high enough where you're forced to dodge it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bosses and elite mobs have had environmental effects which require you to move and dodge out of them for a very long time, even before RoS. You possibly did not need to dodge them if you played on lower difficulties but now with the scaling GR system you can just raise the difficulty high enough where you're forced to dodge it.

I should rephrase - I was running a mp9-10 WD build for a short bit. But bosses weren't worth running. Sure, some elite mobs were worth taking on for the NV buff, but more often than not, it was in your best interest to just run and kill more shit versus hard shit (especially with max NV stacks).

Maybe I should ask this - did they make it worth it to kill bosses and elite mobs every chance you get?

I should rephrase - I was running a mp9-10 WD build for a short bit. But bosses weren't worth running. Sure, some elite mobs were worth taking on for the NV buff, but more often than not, it was in your best interest to just run and kill more shit versus hard shit (especially with max NV stacks).

Maybe I should ask this - did they make it worth it to kill bosses and elite mobs every chance you get?

Yes and no, depends on what you're doing. But mostly yes.

When pushing for high GRs, you sometimes skip blues and elites, at the very least you drag them around so they die to aoes on whites. If you're doing normal rifts, there's isn't really a reason to not kill them cause they die super easily anyway. Unlike the old mp days, you can easily outgear the highest torment level at the moment, so you don't really need to not kill them. On top of that they drop Death Breaths which are super important for the cube recipes.

Also at the end of every rifts and grifts, you fight a rift guardian, which is a boss. They're not like all boss gimmick stuff like the end of act bosses(Azmodan, Butcher etc), but they have their own patterns of attacks and quite a few can be deadly when you're not overgeared yet(or in high GRs). You do want to kill them since in rifts they drop blood shards for gambling and rift keys to do GRs, and in GRs they let you upgrade legendary gems and also drop bloodshards and all the loot of the GR since the rest of the GR doesn't drop anything.

In some speed running situations you might skip the bosses but that's when you're farming xp only, which most people never bother doing since that's only relevant for leaderboards rankings.

So mostly yes you now kill elites and champions, and most of the content you do involve fighting a "boss" at the end that you also want to kill. So farming is quite different than back in vanilla with mp stuff and random grinding and what not.

RS4-

Well I'm ready for s5. Cleaned up my inventory. Haven't really paid attention to any of the changes or new things aside from...haedrigs cube or whatever?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Whew, this'll be the first one where I might have to be late on the season start. First baby arrived and my sleep schedule has been all over the map these last couple of weeks, heh.

Syntsui

Is the new update coming out for PS4 too? I stopped playing this after hackers ruined my account and I wiped the save, so if there is new content it would be a good time to start again.

Maledict

Is the new update coming out for PS4 too? I stopped playing this after hackers ruined my account and I wiped the save, so if there is new content it would be a good time to start again.

Yes, current consoles get patched at the same time as PC. They get all the features, they just lack the season stuff.

Nokterian

2 more weeks guys i am excited for 2.4 and season 5. First going to use my last season crusader to use it in season 5. After that i will start a Wizard.

Dahbomb

2 more weeks guys i am excited for 2.4 and season 5. First going to use my last season crusader to use it in season 5. After that i will start a Wizard.
I am going to be using the Demon Hunter and the Shadow's Mantle real quick using the new acquire set system.

Basically you should be TX farm ready in a few hours because of it.

Get to lvl70: Get 2 piece of set
Kill Zultan Kulle on Torment II: Get 2 more pieces of that set
Clear GR20: Get the final pieces of the set

None of these are hard at all which means you can get the ball rolling with a 6 piece extremely fast with no RNG involved.

Still think T10 will take a bit, you still realistically need to find F+R or Walk to have the damage multipliers to do T10. T8/9 would be super fast if you just gamble your class bracers/belt(which tend to be the slots that complement sets) but then for T10 you still kinda need the right weapon for your build and the right jewelry, including cubed CoE or whatever your build ends up using(pretty sure it's CoE for shadow set though for lightning procs on FoK high stacks). These take quite a bit longer, even though you'll farm them faster than before since you jump right away in good torments with good drop rates and blood shards and what not, but the difficulty jump between T9 and T10 is still gonna be there.

The power creep the patch brings is really only going to kick in later I think, since you need to run GRs, upgrade gems, then sacrifice the gems and use them on ancient gear. Thing is getting ancient gear is slow, and early on you really want to upgrade your good gems to use rather than to convert and you'll still need a bunch of GR keys before you can farm GRs and so on. So you won't see the impact of the new power creep until you're T10 ready either I'd assume.

Definitely faster than last patch, but not by massive amounts. Just reduces the tedium of farming T1/2 for a bunch of hours getting crappy drop rates and gambling for 2/4/6pc. I assume they figured this part was the least fun for everyone, and the luck in gambling the right set pieces made vast differences in enjoyment of the game once at cap.

Jedi2016

I think I'm still just going to be rocking my old whirlwind build. I think I read that Raekor's is viable again? This is one of those games I tend to want to play "my" way. I don't want to change up my playstyle to something I don't find fun just to do a teeny bit more damage.

ZenaxPure

I notice in this video that there are progress meters above each skill icon which shows the skill cooldown, and there is a green % number next to each stat on the items which show how high the stat has rolled out of the possible values. Are these part of the 2.4 patch or are they a UI mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6AmiBX-1s

Not sure about the stat thing off the top of my head but the green bar/golden frames around skills is part of 2.4. They redesigned the buff UI this patch since you know, it was terrible before.

Xanathus

Not sure about the stat thing off the top of my head but the green bar/golden frames around skills is part of 2.4. They redesigned the buff UI this patch since you know, it was terrible before.

I just double checked the video and the stat % thing doesn't show up in all of the items, just this particular one at https://youtu.be/8a6AmiBX-1s?t=234 . That's weird.
edit: oh maybe he's holding down the alt key and there's probably an option now to show the stat range in % instead of the actual numbers.

brau

I am here right now if anyone needs help or wants to play. I have nothing else to do for a few hours. On PC or ps4.

Top Bottom