• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Weird, so I guess I got a glitch at Belial where he kept repeating his 'dig claws into ground and cause alot of random explosions' but it dealt absolutely no damage to me. He kept repeating it for a good 5 minutes. He died normally.

sathyabhat

Neo Member
Is 2.4 still supposed to be out this month? Awesome to finally get some crusader loving!

I doubt they'll push it out this month especially with the Holidays and all.

(sidenote: I picked up a crusader for s4..thought it'd be great but nope.. that didn't go well)

Syntsui

I just finished the Campaign and got to level 70 as a Wizard. I'm doing bounties at the moment and reading about what's left to do in the game.

I'm loving it so much, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a game. It seems the overall best gear available is Firebird, is that correct? How can I farm for it effectively? I read that the loot is 100% randomized, so it seems kind of a chore to do =x.

Isn't there a way to optimize the chances of getting what I want?

I just finished the Campaign and got to level 70 as a Wizard. I'm doing bounties at the moment and reading about what's left to do in the game.

I'm loving it so much, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a game. It seems the overall best gear available is Firebird, is that correct? How can I farm for it effectively? I read that the loot is 100% randomized, so it seems5 kind of a chore to do =x.

I want to say they implemented a system where if you receive a set piece, you have a greater chance of finding those set pieces.

If you grab the Kanai cube you can also transform one set piece into another.

sathyabhat

Neo Member

I'm loving it so much, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a game. It seems the overall best gear available is Firebird, is that correct? How can I farm for it effectively? I read that the loot is 100% randomized, so it seems kind of a chore to do =x.

Do rifts/greater rifts, spend the bloodshards on Kadala to find what you want. Once you have enough materials, you can craft/buy rare items(yellow items) from Blacksmith/vendor.

Kanai's cube has a recipe to upgrade the rares, that is the best targeted way to get specific legendaries/set items.

Breezy's way of transforming one set piece to another is also an option

Baliis

Firebirds will be great next patch, but right now on live its kinda shitty.

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now on the PS4, having played through the story on a Crusader and now I'm almost at level 70 on a Witch Doctor who I've been leveling in Adventure Mode. I played the original Diablo 3 on PC back when it was released, so this is the first time I've seen all the updates and expansion stuff they did.

Is this game fucking amazing or what? Like seriously, as a sort of casual player (in the sense that I'm not into perfectly optimizing my gear or calculating the best damage skills) I can't really think of anything to make this game better.

Skills. I think they pretty much nailed this in the original release already, the skill system is great. Every single skill (and rune) is interesting in their own way, so you're actually making meaningful decisions. And if you get an item that synergises well with another skill you can just start using that one instead. I'm one of those weirdos who likes rolling around with the default skill rules (no two skills from the same category), since I feel like it gives me a good balance of different kinds of skills. The classes are also very different, yet all that I've tried (I played Monk back at original release) are fun to play.

Items. Some of these legendaries are crazy. On my Crusader I was rolling around with a sword that had a chance of doing 2000% weapon damage AoE on hit and pants that did 300+% weapon damage per second whenever I was surrounded by mobs (i.e. all the time). I felt bad when I eventually outgrew those items.. and then I got through the game, found Kanai's Cube and had my mind blown. I can just passively have those properties on me? While getting other crazy stuff from my gear? Fuck this game. Fuck Blizzard. This shit is too good.

Endgame content. Diablo 2 and the original release of 3 basically had me play through the game on all difficulties and then stop caring, as doing pure boss runs etc. is something I just had no interest in. Now with Adventure Mode and Nephalem Rifts I find the endgame content really satisfying, and having just done my first Greater Nephalem Rift and getting my first legendary gem this seems like something I'll be doing for quite a while. I'm actually getting meaningful progress on my character!

I guess that's all I have to say for now, I really just want to go and play the game for a while. I want to level up all the classes.

The game is indeed a lot better than it was at release. Especially as a new player, don't have to replay the story 50times, adventure mode has better density and you're not tied to the stupid story progression so you can do whatever you like, Bounties are quite fun at first(once you've done a ton they get boring but otherwise they're kinda nice design for leveling imo).

Then you have several ways to augment your character and progress your gear with the cube and Kadala, you can remake meh gear into good gear with enchanting or rerolling with the cube and the GR progression offers relatively clear goals like having all gems then leveling the ones you want to 25 which takes a while but still feels like meaningful progression.

Then finally you get season journeys which imo really seals the meaningful progression stuff, like if you get bored of grinding, having clear seasonal objectives to reach to get a cosmetic reward is just a really good idea imo. Most people don't push GR for the leaderboards but the season journey is something that's tangible and accessible to most people. Consoles don't have these though, that's a fair downside I'd say, but you can kinda set your own objectives in that regard.

It's just a lot better nowadays to play D3, especially next patch once they make a bunch more sets viable.

As for wanting to lvl all classes, that's natural early on. I've lvled every class back in vanilla so less appeal nowadays and I only stick to the same classes; mostly DH and WD. I gave Crusader a fair try when they launched but they were so fucking bad, and I sometimes mess around with Monk and Wizard. Barb is the only class I don't like and the only class I didn't level to 70 for RoS release, I only did it in season3 when I rushed to get the rewards because Barb had the best early scaling and I'm probably not touching it ever again.

Dahbomb

New Datamine patch out.

God damn that DH Shadow Mantle 2PC nerf.

Raiment of a Thousand Storms
2 pieces: Spirit Generators have 100% (down from 300%) increased damage.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They added 2 new Wizard items:

Orb of Infinite Depth: Each time you hit an enemy with Explosive Blast your damage is increased by 4 - 5% and your damage reduction is increased by 15% for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times. (new!)

Fragment of Destiny: Spectral Blade attacks 50% faster and deals 150 - 200% increased damage. (added)

Wallach

Bah, dang Leniancy nerf. I'll probably just wind up back on the DH/WD for season 5.

One thing I hope they add with all these perma-steroid builds is an option to turn off model-changing VFX. It's way less fun looking at WotB or Vengeance all the time instead of your transmog.

Wallach

They buffed M6 and nerfed shadows. Ok, that's weird.

Well, the M6 buff is just moving the hotfix into data, that's been there since the 1st.

I'm surprised at nerfing Shadow though. I'm not sure how that is supposed to be competitive with M6 now.

Boyarsky's Chip: Adds 16000 (down from 30000) Thorns.
This changes almost nothing if the scaling remains the same (1500/level), but if they change the scaling they truly are trying to drive thornsader to the grave (heart of iron nerfed too, I probably won't bother using it now, rather cube something else)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah looks like they want the high end gr cap to be around 75 - 80 since they keep hitting the top builds with nerfs (looks like all builds that did over 81-82 got nerfed in some way, shape, or form). I ain't complaining though since the vast majority of barb builds were already in that 75-80 range. I was surprised WotW whirlwind wasn't getting any buffs when the avg. on the ptr was like 83-85, but I guess I got my answer now. Everything is slowly being nerfed down to that lower tier.

Addnan

Well, the M6 buff is just moving the hotfix into data, that's been there since the 1st.

I'm surprised at nerfing Shadow though. I'm not sure how that is supposed to be competitive with M6 now.

Oh, didn't realise. Just jumped into ptr quite recently. Still shows as 400% there.

The belt seems to be getting a buff. More toughness.

Baliis

New Datamine patch out.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol raiment nerf. Wiz items are interesting, but there's already so many weapons/sources how to even fit them in a build.

So I gotta say, the Natalya's set with Crashing Rain is incredibly fun and powerful. I can hold my own in Torment VII now, which is crazy to me. I used to barely survive T4. But when I start feeling cocky, things like this morning happen where my party does a level 55 Grift and I get slapped around like an amateur. I might as well have been throwing cottonballs at the enemies.

Dreavus

New Datamine patch out.

Was there ever a good wizard build that used spectral blades? Wizard was my first character and that skill was always pretty damn satisfying to use. Thinking about it for next season.

Dahbomb

Was there ever a good wizard build that used spectral blades? Wizard was my first character and that skill was always pretty damn satisfying to use. Thinking about it for next season.
With Delsere 6PC, the new Signature spells belt and this new item you can probably easily make a Spectral Blade Wizard that can do like GR60.

Donos

hey diablo gaf,
after putting d3 (ps4) to the side for a while i just decided to plat this game (only have soulsborne plats for ps3/ps4). Already have ~250 bounties but that will be the last thing i finish. Working on the 70 chars atm. already have 70 DH, 70 Bar (was not really fun) and a lvl 63 crusader (a lot of fun so far). So I'm missing Wizard, monk and WD which will be my HC lvl 70 char. I already did all this on ps3 but forgot to transfer the save when i sold the ps3 and it was not on the Ps+ cloud anymore :(
My question is if it is worth to lvl up the gem of ease to lvl25 for monk / wizard power leveling and make a lvl1 weapon/ring with good stats and a socket (kanai cube) to boost this process. leveling up a char from 1-20 is always rather slow till you get a weapon with socket and can put in the highest flawless ruby. from there it gets faster till ~lvl50.

On Ps3 i used my second controller to just run T5 rifts with my main DH char while the char i wanted to level up was just active with the second controller. Since i only have one DS4 controller now , this is not possible on my ps4 anymore (sold ps3).
I would guess the barb and crusader took me maybe 3-5 hours each to get to 70 / 63.

I don't know how long it would take my DH to bring the gem of ease from lvl 0 to 25. Have complete mauradeur set and around 600k dps which can do up to GR25-30 but if this takes 2 hours, i just level the wizard and monk up thw normal way likei it did before. Glad that you can at least jump directly into adventure mode after the latest patch now.

Sorry for confusing post bit i just got out of club and have drank a bit and hope the auto correct of the phone cleaned up most thinks. probably have to edit/correct/clean post up when i wake up :)

Baliis

hey diablo gaf,
after putting d3 (ps4) to the side for a while i just decided to plat this game (only have soulsborne plats for ps3/ps4). Already have ~250 bounties but that will be the last thing i finish. Working on the 70 chars atm. already have 70 DH, 70 Bar (was not really fun) and a lvl 63 crusader (a lot of fun so far). So I'm missing Wizard, monk and WD which will be my HC lvl 70 char. I already did all this on ps3 but forgot to transfer the save when i sold the ps3 and it was not on the Ps+ cloud anymore :(
My question is if it is worth to lvl up the gem of ease to lvl25 for monk / wizard power leveling and make a lvl1 weapon/ring with good stats and a socket (kanai cube) to boost this process. leveling up a char from 1-20 is always rather slow till you get a weapon with socket and can put in the highest flawless ruby. from there it gets faster till ~lvl50.

On Ps3 i used my second controller to just run T5 rifts with my main DH char while the char i wanted to level up was just active with the second controller. Since i only have one DS4 controller now , this is not possible on my ps4 anymore (sold ps3).
I would guess the barb and crusader took me maybe 3-5 hours each to get to 70 / 63.

I don't know how long it would take my DH to bring the gem of ease from lvl 0 to 25. Have complete mauradeur set and around 600k dps which can do up to GR25-30 but if this takes 2 hours, i just level the wizard and monk up thw normal way likei it did before. Glad that you can at least jump directly into adventure mode after the latest patch now.

Sorry for confusing post bit i just got out of club and have drank a bit and hope the auto correct of the phone cleaned up most thinks. probably have to edit/correct/clean post up when i wake up :)
Could probably just ask around and find someone to power level you

There was one with the fire blade and basically stacking the fire buff to stupid levels, but they just nerfed that when they added the belt, probably because it would have been too easy to get like 200stacks, which is ridiculous. They also added Spectral Blade to Delsere so it would have been even crazier.

Good thing about the legendary that I can see is the reworked shield rune on spectral blade, it's 4% of your max health as shield per attack, so you'd be like super super tanky with the massive speed boost on it.

The Shadow nerf looks kinda heavy handed. I don't think shadow was that far ahead? I mean 200% less maybe, but 400% seems a lot. I think their LoN change was right on, this one looks like too much, but maybe it's right I haven't checked the boards in a while. Hope they give the 2weeks warning next tuesday, they've been tinkering for a while on PTR now it should be about ready to go. Not sure how long until the season starts though.

Donos

Could probably just ask around and find someone to power level you

Good morning. Expected this answer but I'm getting a little kid in some days and gaming time will be limited to short turns whenever i have time so planning to lvlup with someone else would not be my first choice.
I also enjoy playing while leveling but doing it in half the time would be good too :)

And damn that was a long, bloated tl:dr post from me yesterday O_O. Don't write walls of text when not sober.

Will just keep playing and drop the gem of ease route.

Xanathus

Good morning. Expected this answer but I'm getting a little kid in some days and gaming time will be limited to short turns whenever i have time so planning to lvlup with someone else would not be my first choice.
I also enjoy playing while leveling but doing it in half the time would be good too :)

And damn that was a long, bloated tl:dr post from me yesterday O_O. Don't write walls of text when not sober.

Will just keep playing and drop the gem of ease route.

Might also want to take note that this is the thread for the PC version so you probably won't find other console players here. The thread for the console version is this
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639&page=385

Where would you suggest I go to find someone to do that? I haven't played since season 2 so I'm behind the times.

It will take longer than 5 mins, but I can powerlevel you. I'll just have you stand at the front of a rift while I clear it.

My ID:
Luapzors #1881

*Edit - My character is seasonal btw.

Syntsui

Guys, the strangest thing happened with me today and I have no idea if what happened was legit or not.

I was playing the PS4 version with my wizard doing rifts online, which was working wonders as I was able to clear the rifts much faster.

After a lot of sessions between yesterday and today, I gained a lot of paragon levels (like from 30 to 70) and a few legendary gems on Great Rifts. So far so good, I was having a blast.

I was feeling it was getting to easy, so I decided to play on T3, and there were a lot of powerful guys on the group. All of sudden, I started leveling up like crazy, it was ABSURD, like 1 level per monster. I blinked and leveled up HUNDREDS of levels. It was crazy and I had no idea what was happening.

I kept doing rifts and great rifts with these guys and became insanely overpowered. Then I noticed one of the guys was paragon level TEN THOUSAND (WTF). And the icing on the cake was a level 100 great rift which he soloed and helped me get to paragon level 2600.

Now please tell me, is there a item/skill or whatever the he'll that was that helps the group level up insanely like that? Or did the guy hack? (how the he'll is it possible to hack on PS4).

It was crazy and I don't feel like I will ever level up again or even need gold (I have like 890 million). Considering all this, was this thing legit? Is this how end game Diablo 3 is like?

I'm really new to this game so this event got me overwhelmed.

Taz

Guys, the strangest thing happened with me today and I have no idea if what happened was legit or not.

I was playing the PS4 version with my wizard doing rifts online, which was working wonders as I was able to clear the rifts much faster.

After a lot of sessions between yesterday and today, I gained a lot of paragon levels (like from 30 to 70) and a few legendary gems on Great Rifts. So far so good, I was having a blast.

I was feeling it was getting to easy, so I decided to play on T3, and there were a lot of powerful guys on the group. All of sudden, I started leveling up like crazy, it was ABSURD, like 1 level per monster. I blinked and leveled up HUNDREDS of levels. It was crazy and I had no idea what was happening.

I kept doing rifts and great rifts with these guys and became insanely overpowered. Then I noticed one of the guys was paragon level TEN THOUSAND (WTF). And the icing on the cake was a level 100 great rift which he soloed and helped me get to paragon level 2600.

Now please tell me, is there a item/skill or whatever the he'll that was that helps the group level up insanely like that? Or did the guy hack? (how the he'll is it possible to hack on PS4).

It was crazy and I don't feel like I will ever level up again or even need gold (I have like 890 million). Considering all this, was this thing legit? Is this how end game Diablo 3 is like?

I'm really new to this game so this event got me overwhelmed.

PS4 is offline so hacked items

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Fuck, is my character forever tainted? Can this harm my account in any way?
Those Paragon levels are permanent.

Delete your save and restore a save from the cloud; or, wait for the new patch to roll out to see how the upcoming Rebirth feature will be utilized on consoles. If it's provided, it will allow you to reset your level to 1 and keep all gear you have acquired.

Your account is fine.

Those Paragon levels are permanent.

Delete your save and restore a save from the cloud; or, wait for the new patch to roll out to see how the upcoming Rebirth feature will be utilized on consoles. If it's provided, it will allow you to reset your level to 1 and keep all gear you have acquired.

Your account is fine.

The rebirth thing is tied to seasons which consoles don't get though, so wouldn't they not get that either? Or are they added seasons to the consoles?

And yeah console pubs you often end up in a game with cheaters and you instantly get like 3000paragons, see people complaining about it pretty often, it's kinda dumb. I guess that's the price to pay for offline play.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
No, seasons won't be on consoles.

I just think it would be a nice gesture for them to do since there are several people (increasingly so by the day, going by that post alone and several others in the past) who would stand to directly use that kind of feature.

Still, nothing confirmed so who knows if it will even be there. Oh well. Getting back up to PL100 doesn't take all that long regardless.

Maledict

I guess I can save my gear and just make another character to still have fun...

Unfortunately not - Paragon levels are account bound, so all your characters will have the same number of ridiculous paragon levels.

It's the one thing Blizzard have utterly failed at addressing, and it's slightly mystifying why - surely they can just do a check on people who go online and auto ban characters who have values above a certain number? It's not possible in game to get +100000000000 exp per kill so just scrub all characters who go online with something like that?

Apparently if you completely delete all your save data locally and on the cloud, you can restart from scratch and not have the paragon levels, but that's your only solution.

Couldn't you also just not distribute your paragon points? Or only do a certain amount that's logical?

You can but it feels kinda bad. You can delete your save entirely, like by having someone hold your items(I think shit's tradeable on consoles?) and then restart, but yeah it sucks. They should just add a way to reset paragon for console, that and a thing to block paragon leveling if you level too much at once. There's no real situations where you gain paragons nearly as fast. Even if you're paragon 1 in a T10 game with a geared carry, you still only get paragons every like 5-10secs, while hackers get you 2000levels instantly. There should be a throttle with like a confirmation message to unlock it back that explains it's probably hackers, assuming they can't be bothered finding the hackers.

I can get that it's probably not a big concern for them since it doesn't really hurt that much, but it's a pretty bad experience. Pretty much every other day on the Diablo subreddit there's someone coming in to ask what happened(and it's a fairly slow subreddit, at least outside of the first 3weeks of a new season).

Syntsui

Unfortunately not - Paragon levels are account bound, so all your characters will have the same number of ridiculous paragon levels.

It's the one thing Blizzard have utterly failed at addressing, and it's slightly mystifying why - surely they can just do a check on people who go online and auto ban characters who have values above a certain number? It's not possible in game to get +100000000000 exp per kill so just scrub all characters who go online with something like that?

Apparently if you completely delete all your save data locally and on the cloud, you can restart from scratch and not have the paragon levels, but that's your only solution.
What the fuck man. This is outrageous... god fucking dammit. I will take a break from this and play other games.

MrDaravon

Two week window between seasons strikes me as a bit odd, maybe something to do with the holidays and not having enough staff on-hand to make sure everything runs smoothly maybe?

Have barely been following anything, just gonna wait for the final patch notes at this point.

ZenaxPure

Two week window between seasons strikes me as a bit odd, maybe something to do with the holidays and not having enough staff on-hand to make sure everything runs smoothly maybe?

Wouldn't surprise me. They are also bringing down the Overwatch beta and the Legion alpha for the holidays as well.

So I'm reinstalling D3 and I think I'm gonna try doing a fresh (non-season) wizard despite me alrdy having a wizard main. Is the GAF guild still up?

Top Bottom