• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Cipherr

Playing on PTR has shown me how annoying xfering mats to normal will be.... wow.

Im going to melt EVERYTHING that I dont absolutely need man. No way I want to spend an hour sorting all that stuff into softcore stash spaces. Probably will flat out delete my launch characters too. Im going to hit the limit on characters eventually.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does season 6 have a new portrait and pet rewards? New zones perhaps?

Nvm, saw the pennant and portrait by searching a bit.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Playing on PTR has shown me how annoying xfering mats to normal will be.... wow.

Im going to melt EVERYTHING that I dont absolutely need man. No way I want to spend an hour sorting all that stuff into softcore stash spaces. Probably will flat out delete my launch characters too. Im going to hit the limit on characters eventually.

I'd say rebirth them just so you can carry over the character's play hours. Not a big deal since the account's playtime is the same, but there's some sentimental value I guess.

Bisnic

When that rare moment happen and you're solo :
t7MV3gd.jpg
giphy.gif

Sober

When that rare moment happen and you're solo :

giphy.gif
Yep pretty much. Sucks even more since it's on the prison map. Most of the time I get a goblin floor it's open area.

Not sure what to think about S6 not really having much to offer other than a few new items and legendary powers. Don't get the impression like it's gonna be a huge shift in one direction over another. Even if they introduce another legendary gem or something. Seems like a good opportunity to roll a different class this time around.

At least we know how long seasons are gonna last from now on, but I guess that means that Blizz doesn't have to make up for dicking us around with new areas or stuff as often. I do hope they maybe revise the Paragon system something soon, that's sort of feeling outdated.

Picked this up finally. Running a Crusader on normal atm. In Act 3 and it is okay. I am trying to get those season thingies. The story is fairly flaky and I was already spolied.

I hope things pick up after I beat it and open up the multi.

Sober

Picked this up finally. Running a Crusader on normal atm. In Act 3 and it is okay. I am trying to get those season thingies. The story is fairly flaky and I was already spolied.

I hope things pick up after I beat it and open up the multi.
Yeah you just have to grind through the story. Afterwards you never have to touch it again if you don't want to, as it unlocks adventure mode and you just go to random locations to murder stuff for loot with no pretext (except loot). You could probably stand to turn it up to hard and not have any problems while leveling faster and getting more loot.

It's been a while but unless they changed everything leveling through the story on normal should maybe get you to 35, 40 these days?

Lain

If you're trying to get those season thingies, why are you playing in story mode?

Seasonal characters have access to adventure mode from the start and, despite it being your first time playing, I'd really suggest leveling up in adventure mode and only going in story mode afterward (and I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the story in D3).

I'll probably be back for S6, though I'm not looking forward to dealing with the stash space transition as always :/

I always like to push earlier leaderboards a bit and finish the journey, even if the game can't keep my interest in the long run.

Stellaris comes out on May 9th though, so that'll probably take priority for me when it releases.

If you're trying to get those season thingies, why are you playing in story mode?

Seasonal characters have access to adventure mode from the start and, despite it being your first time playing, I'd really suggest leveling up in adventure mode and only going in story mode afterward (and I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the story in D3).

I wanted to get the story out of the way. I just got to Act V. Avt IV was like D2 act IV, rushed. I am in the 40's now.

Diablo went out like a total b. He spent the whole time talking about how he was still going to win everytime I wrecked something. Total Cobra Commander type.

So what happens to all your season stuff wants the season ends?

My stash is pretty much completely full, does it all just go away? What about items I have cubed?

Do I start at 0 paragon points and 0 level when I start season 6?

Bisnic

So what happens to all your season stuff wants the season ends?

My stash is pretty much completely full, does it all just go away? What about items I have cubed?

Do I start at 0 paragon points and 0 level when I start season 6?

I think Blizzard made a post about it on Battle.net. Your character transfer to non-season. Cubed stuff and Paragon XP transfer to non-season characters too, and items are sent by "mail"(with the enveloppe icon in the bottom left corner).

And yeah, paragon points reset back to 0 when a new season starts. Same with gold and Jewelcrafter/Blacksmith/Mystic recipes & ranks.

I think Blizzard made a post about it on Battle.net. Your character transfer to non-season. Cubed stuff and Paragon XP transfer to non-season characters too, and items are sent by "mail"(with the enveloppe icon in the bottom left corner).

And yeah, paragon points reset back to 0 when a new season starts. Same with gold and Jewelcrafter/Blacksmith/Mystic recipes & ranks.

Awesome. I learned so much through my 1st season. Can't wait to start another now that I have idea about how to gear up, grind through rifts, and what to breakdown, and what items are absolutely worthless. Though the real questions, what character do I roll with?

Baliis

Accidentally beat my record on my HC wiz, was just trying to level gems.

AND IT DROPPED AN ANCIENT UNSTABLE SCEPTER AHH YEA 70 HERE I COME

robochimp

I was just going to play for the stash tab, and I just finished up guardian.

I think transferring over I'll just bring set items and any legendaries for those builds. Non season will be relegated to mastering set dungeons.

Baliis

Beat my goal of GR70 in Hardcore just now which im happy with, could push a lot more still with more ancients and enchanting stats, but maybe next season I'll just start out in HC and go all the way with it.

https://youtu.be/9488QhY5_7I
Had a great holy shit moment about 7:30 in, didn't see the frozen orbs and teled back in only to immediately proc to them lol. Also for forgot to enable sound, oops =/

Cipherr

Beat my goal of GR70 in Hardcore just now which im happy with, could push a lot more still with more ancients and enchanting stats, but maybe next season I'll just start out in HC and go all the way with it.

https://youtu.be/9488QhY5_7I
Had a great holy shit moment about 7:30 in, didn't see the frozen orbs and teled back in only to immediately proc to them lol. Also for forgot to enable sound, oops =/

Wow grats

My only real regret this season was never getting to try that DMO build with the arc orbs. I only finished GR71 with the Nado DMO set and thats on softcore.

Maybe ill flip over to test and try it out.

Wow grats

My only real regret this season was never getting to try that DMO build with the arc orbs. I only finished GR71 with the Nado DMO set and thats on softcore.

Maybe ill flip over to test and try it out.

I'm currently running it...it's fun though it lacks a lot of health regen/armor. You do a whole lot of damage but you are tanking everywhere so u need to be careful with damage.

One good thing though..
.DMO is the set that's given away for objectives for next season. So if you run a wizard, it shouldn't be too hard to get the build up and runnin.

Bishop89

If i stash away items, would I be able to use them in a 2nd playthrough?

Is there any point in hoarding lower stat weapons if you have a better one?

Ayumi

If i stash away items, would I be able to use them in a 2nd playthrough?

Is there any point in hoarding lower stat weapons if you have a better one?

The stash is account-wide, but softcore and hardcore characters don't share stash for obvious reasons. And seasonal character can't use your old gear until seasons end.

Bishop89

The stash is account-wide, but softcore and hardcore characters don't share stash for obvious reasons. And seasonal character can't use your old gear until seasons end.

oh cool,

Probably stash away items for different classes for any subsequent playthroughs :)

Cheers

Edit: Is it even worth storing old equipment for subsequent playthroughs?
Like just sell everything except legendary status items?

Lain

oh cool,

Probably stash away items for different classes for any subsequent playthroughs :)

Cheers

Edit: Is it even worth storing old equipment for subsequent playthroughs?
Like just sell everything except legendary status items?

Unless those are legendary or set items, most of the time it's never worth to keep old equipment around. Even then, you can remove level restrictions from items with a good amount of dedication, so you could just turn level 70 items in level 1 items should you feel like leveling another character with hand me downs.
Though, given how fast leveling goes (not counting powerleveling) I do wonder if there are people that make use of the item level removal.

Ayumi

Unless those are legendary or set items, most of the time it's never worth to keep old equipment around. Even then, you can remove level restrictions from items with a good amount of dedication, so you could just turn level 70 items in level 1 items should you feel like leveling another character with hand me downs.
Though, given how fast leveling goes (not counting powerleveling) I do wonder if there are people that make use of the item level removal.

My real Gem of Ease is my friends. :v

tuco11

Need some help. first time playing Local couch co-op (Campaign) last night wit step daughter. Can someone tell why she cant junk anything at the Black Smith? She walks over to him but the "X" button icon never pops up? (PS4 version) . she had to drop her junk and I had to pick it up. Maybe we werent far along enough in the story?

thanks.

Ayumi

Enter the Gungeon is looking really good. Recommend checking it out from an aRPG perspective. Similar high quality combat feel as D3 I'd say. Some streams are up for PS4 now, unlocks for PC tomorrow morning.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1204138
Ohh, looks good. I might actually try it since I won't have to use Boot Camp.

Need some help. first time playing Local couch co-op (Campaign) last night wit step daughter. Can someone tell why she cant junk anything at the Black Smith? She walks over to him but the "X" button icon never pops up? (PS4 version) . she had to drop her junk and I had to pick it up. Maybe we werent far along enough in the story?

thanks.
Silly question, but did she level up the blacksmith? I never played it on PlayStation, but I can't think of what else it would be.

Baliis

What does rebirth mean?

It turns a non season character into a level 1 season char with no gear. You can rebirth a character to keep playing the same one each season if you want to keep your play time continuous on one char rather than a new one each season.

It's a total pain though because you can't rebirth if you have mail, and I never clear out the gear in between seasons because I don't touch non seasons.

Bisnic

I love the Blessed Hammers set for the Crusader since it's very strong damage(elites last a few seconds at best), but I seem to always be out of Wrath, even by following Icy Veins build, not to mention being often low on health(yes i do spam Falling Sword as much as possible). And this is just GR45(TX).

What am i missing? It can't be just because my gems are only rank 25-30. Is it just normal for this build to be weak on defense and always out of Wrath, even with the Gabriel's Vambraces bracers and Provoke? Should I change all my rubies into diamonds for more res?

So I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

I finished the main campaign (on PS4) yesterday and started playing adventure mode. I'm currently a level 62 Witch Doctor.

I completed all 5 bounties in Act 1 and called it a night.
Today I come back into the game and no bounties are recognised as completed and All enemies are super super overpowered. I can barely scratch off millimetres from their health before dying.
No matter what difficulty I choose or wether it is adventure or campaign I cannot kill anything anymore...
Really bizarre and frustrating.
What am I doing wrong?

Another anomaly I have over a million coin in my wallet but no trophy for picking up 500k‽

So I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

I finished the main campaign (on PS4) yesterday and started playing adventure mode. I'm currently a level 62 Witch Doctor.

I completed all 5 bounties in Act 1 and called it a night.
Today I come back into the game and no bounties are recognised as completed and All enemies are super super overpowered. I can barely scratch off millimetres from their health before dying.
No matter what difficulty I choose or wether it is adventure or campaign I cannot kill anything anymore...
Really bizarre and frustrating.
What am I doing wrong?

Another anomaly I have over a million coin in my wallet but no trophy for picking up 500k‽

Ok, the bounty thing is normal. Every time you start and adventure game the bounties are reset. That is so you can replay bounties and get more gear and material by replaying that acts bounties. But probably not the exact same bounties since it is random which ones get picked.

The difficulty spike I can't be sure of, since you mention changing difficulties and so on it feels really strange. Check your gear. You haven accidently removed all gear have you? or is everything broken and needs to be repaired?

The trophy thing have no answer for. the is not for picking up 500k in one go perhaps? as in 500k in one single moneypile.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When the season rolls over and your stash items go to your mailbox, are they transferred as a single package that will just drop everything onto the ground, or as individual items that you can pull out of the post office one at a time?

I'm wondering if it would just be easier to shard all the unnecessary stuff now if I'm going to have to deal with sorting through 5 tabs worth of stuff while it's all sitting in a pile on the ground.

Celegus

When the season rolls over and your stash items go to your mailbox, are they transferred as a single package that will just drop everything onto the ground, or as individual items that you can pull out of the post office one at a time?

I'm wondering if it would just be easier to shard all the unnecessary stuff now if I'm going to have to deal with sorting through 5 tabs worth of stuff while it's all sitting in a pile on the ground.

The latter, you can pick and choose one or many at a time (thankfully). I usually cleared a bunch of non-season stuff out before, but it's up to you.

Lain

You have a menu with every item and a checkbox on the side of each item, you check the box and you can decide if the item should be taken out of the mail or destroyed.
Items are divided by rarity and you can check all the items of the same rarity if I'm not misremembering.

Anyone know when the season is starting again ?
April 29 according to this earlier post in the thread.

So I had a child which killed my D3 / video game time. However, babies are suppose to sleep more solid when they hit month 3-4, which means I sleep more solid. I'm hoping I can play some games again during my usual hours of 10PM-12Am or so. Any word on when season 5 ends and when season 6 starts?

So I had a child which killed my D3 / video game time. However, babies are suppose to sleep more solid when they hit month 3-4, which means I sleep more solid. I'm hoping I can play some games again during my usual hours of 10PM-12Am or so. Any word on when season 5 ends and when season 6 starts?

See link in the post above yours. April 15. Also, if you want a 6 piece set for your Monk (I think I remember talking to you before about Monk), it only took me 10 hours to level to 70, kill kulle on t2 and complete grift level 20.

See link in the post above yours. April 15. Also, if you want a 6 piece set for your Monk (I think I remember talking to you before about Monk), it only took me 10 hours to level to 70, kill kulle on t2 and complete grift level 20.

Fuck ... I was hoping for something later. She's only 6 weeks right now. I might be able to jump on during the weekend when she takes a nap, but my bed time is way earlier than it used to be since we have to feed her ever 2-3 hours and my sleep is a staggered mess. lol

I was gettin' dat D3 urge again too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Fuck ... I was hoping for something later. She's only 6 weeks right now. I might be able to jump on during the weekend when she takes a nap, but my bed time is way earlier than it used to be since we have to feed her ever 2-3 hours and my sleep is a staggered mess. lol

if you're waiting for her 3-4 month area, Season 7 should be around that time.

speaking of season 6, i think im going to go Demon Hunter for it. i want to blow things up with rockets.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Ha, congrats. Mine was just hitting 1 month when this season started back in January. Definitely puts a damper on things.
(MMO mouse + macroing the hell out of everything helped for plodding along with one hand while holding the baby)

Realistically, the power curve ramps up really early now, especially with the easy-to-get 6 piece set for the first season character, so you can make a good showing just putting in a few hours here and there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The latter, you can pick and choose one or many at a time (thankfully). I usually cleared a bunch of non-season stuff out before, but it's up to you.
You have a menu with every item and a checkbox on the side of each item, you check the box and you can decide if the item should be taken out of the mail or destroyed.
Items are divided by rarity and you can check all the items of the same rarity if I'm not misremembering.

April 29 according to this earlier post in the thread.
Awesome. THat's a little less pressure anyway.

Cipherr

speaking of season 6, i think im going to go Demon Hunter for it. i want to blow things up with rockets.

I think Im going DH too, but man playing one on test Im realizing how squishy they are. DAMN. Even my wizard this season felt like it had so many more ways to survive than DH's. Halo of Arlice in particular is pretty massive when paired with the bracers that provide damage reduction. But on DH I have a hard time finding sets that gel well with tanky items.

Gonna have to learn to play the game a totally different way, but thats sort of the fun part so oh well lol.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oh great, we get to do the backpack merger olympics again soon!
rage.gif

im looking forward to this one since i have a ton of saved up act mats. i'll be getting rid of a lot of my random legendaries. probably only going to keep ancients at this point.

I think Im going DH too, but man playing one on test Im realizing how squishy they are. DAMN. Even my wizard this season felt like it had so many more ways to survive than DH's. Halo of Arlice in particular is pretty massive when paired with the bracers that provide damage reduction. But on DH I have a hard time finding sets that gel well with tanky items.

Gonna have to learn to play the game a totally different way, but thats sort of the fun part so oh well lol.

theres a DH that hit 93 GRift, so i'm guessing whatever his spec is I'll be looking at for next season. i'm sure there'll be something on icyveins that gives the best ideas anyway

Top Bottom