• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just got the PS4 version and it's so smooth, I've always had this stuttering issue on PC, ever since the original beta even though I'm on a completely different rig since then. No matter how stable my frame rate it never feels entirely smooth and I'm so glad the PS4 version doesn't suffer with this as well. I'm just taking it slow, enjoying the story again as I haven't done it in so long. Went with my original main The Witch Doctor for some Carnival fun later on.

Try RivaTuner (the MSI Afterburner package) to set a 60 FPS limit. It can help with the frame pacing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Try RivaTuner (the MSI Afterburner package) to set a 60 FPS limit. It can help with the frame pacing.

Yeah I've tried that and eveything else, nothing has ever fixed the stuttering for me sadly. I just finished A1 on PS4 and I'm loving it, the game works so well with a controller and it's just silky smooth, playing Diablo without that bloody stutter is heaven. Hopefully it holds up later on during Grifts. Only negative is no seasons, but for now I'm starting fresh anyway. Also I have no idea what the roll button offers? I've not used it at all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's great for mobility. Get out of targeted zones fast. Also, good for smashing barrels and stuff and through doors.

Yeah I guess I'm just so used to not having it I do without it, I'll try and use it a bit more, it'll probably be more useful when stuff can actually kill me.

JSoup

Banned
So apparently there has been a crashing issue with the Desolate Sands area for over a year and I'm just now having it pop up. Lovely.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Been praising the PS4 version all day but I have a few niggles now. A5 is dropping frames at times, not often but it's happening whereas it didn't A1-A4, and I really hate how gem bonuses are displayed, say you put int in your chest, instead of showing +int separately like on PC it just adds it to int value already on the item, it's the same with gems in weapons, it'll just show 100% CHD in the same color as the default stats, plus it says gems 0, which I assume means 0 gems missing which seems arse backwards to me. Oh and I'm not a fan of Nephalem Glory giving double damage on console, it feels absolutely mandatory to keep it stacked.

This is what I mean:

CeW6s99WEAAC8xX.jpg:orig

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about coming back and playing some in the near future.

How do most of you enjoy the game these days? Do you actively play in the ladder that resets every season or just continue in the standard game (or whatever it's called) and work your way through the Torment tiers?

I haven't played much since around a month or two after the expansion. Got a Paladin up to Lv. 70. Got Paragon Lv. 100 and kind of fell off the game for a while.

Ayumi

Thinking about coming back and playing some in the near future.

How do most of you enjoy the game these days? Do you actively play in the ladder that resets every season or just continue in the standard game (or whatever it's called) and work your way through the Torment tiers?

I haven't played much since around a month or two after the expansion. Got a Paladin up to Lv. 70. Got Paragon Lv. 100 and kind of fell off the game for a while.
Most of us only play season since it has new items and conquests to do, and such. For example you complete conquests and earn rewards like character portraits and pets (which pick up gold around you in-game now). I think I'm one of the few who stuck with non-season for a while (during season 2-3). In both, I guess most just do greater rifts for better gear, and to push up the ladder. The highest Torment is now 10, and is quite easy for most already. But sometimes people do a lot of TX (T10) to farm up on greater rift keys.

The game is a billion times better since RoS too, it's definitely worth jumping in again. S5 is almost done but you can play non-season until S6.

There is an infinite scaling with greater rifts, which makes gaining paragon levels extremely easy. You wouldn't believe how high people got during season 5 only.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn fuck these mobs from The Last of Us, their poison cloud absolutely tanks the frame rate on PS4, you can take your exclusive mobs back Blizzard!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I wasn't aware of a separate console thread.

eek5

Apparently season 6 is live on PTR.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48686-ptr-patch-2-4-1-s6-season-6-rewards

Set reward you get this time:

DH: Marauder set
Barb: Raekor set
Wizard: DMO set
WD: Zuni set
Monk: Inna´s set
Crusader: Akkhan set

At least 2 conquest seems easy to do, they might change it of course when it goes live:
Reach lvl 75 solo and level three legendary gems to lvl 65.

Other conquests are:
-Complete Rift on Torment X within 2 minutes
-Boss Mode: Kill following bosses on Torment X within 20 minutes. (Could be easy to as well) EDIT: Just checked PTR, it´s 16 bosses, all the main ones. Should be easy in group, maybe solo as well.
-Kill 350 monsters in a cursed chest event on Torment X

Boss mode was in last season IIRC. I did it pretty easily solo. Should be even easier now that TormentX is a joke

Wolfie5

Boss mode was in last season IIRC. I did it pretty easily solo. Should be even easier now that TormentX is a joke

Yeah, I don´t get this. Torment X is just loosing its appeal more and more for every new season. Soon you can play it in gold gear or something just to get some challenge.

Is there also an update patch with this season? Or is it just a wipe? I continue to be consumed by Heroes of the Storm...

There is a patch(not final of course):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20057106/patch-241-ptr-patch-notes-3-22-2016
and you can test it now on PTR if you want.

Sober

Hmm a lot of damage buffs are multiplicative rather than additive. Curious how the formulas work and which are buffs and which are nerfs.

Cipherr

I'm like Paragon 788 and I'm running out of steaaaaam. It's so slooooow even in group games I get like 1 level per run if I have golden pools and I get lucky and get a group running 68+.

I die sometimes in pugs at 70+ so that's always a balancing act too. Losing the pool bonus hurts badly but a GR75 is GREAT exp. I'm just trying to get to 800 before the end of the season so I can max out all the passive Para bonuses in the main sections. Kind of a self achievement.

After that I'm hanging it up for this season and going to fool around on PTR to decide whether I want to go DH or Crusader for next season. I have never played a Crusader and I've had RoS since launch, but it's also a class I dont feel like I would enjoy much.

Edit: Aren't there supposed to be new gems each season? If so when do they announce it?

Celegus

Hmm a lot of damage buffs are multiplicative rather than additive. Curious how the formulas work and which are buffs and which are nerfs.

Wouldn't multiplicative be straight up better than additive in basically every case? I wish there was a way to tell how things are being added together in game, it's always made stuff like that really confusing.

Cipherr

Wouldn't multiplicative be straight up better than additive in basically every case? I wish there was a way to tell how things are being added together in game, it's always made stuff like that really confusing.

Yes it is. And it's hilariously noticeable on PTR. You guys should install PTR and copy chars over and take it for a spin. Even legendary gems like Bane of the Powerful are hugely better because of making it multiplicative instead of additive now.

Sober

Yes it is. And it's hilariously noticeable on PTR. You guys should install PTR and copy chars over and take it for a spin. Even legendary gems like Bane of the Powerful are hugely better because of making it multiplicative instead of additive now.
GR100 sounds like the baseline for next season if that's the case lol

Cipherr

Nice to know a known botter got banned. Again.

Who was it? A streamer?

Edit: Wow every stream is talking about it, big ban wave. Good. ButtButt is in the NeoGAF clan and is rank 274 on Solo Wiz, wow. Hope he moved up some spots automatically when some cheaters got removed lol.

GR100 sounds like the baseline for next season if that's the case lol

Yeah the baseline definitely goes up, because of those buffs plus they lowered the damage the mobs deal in every rift level 70+. Those combined makes pushing a situation where it seems like you next season is going to be crazy.

Baliis

Who was it? A streamer?

Yeah the baseline definitely goes up, because of those buffs plus they lowered the damage the mobs deal in every rift level 70+. Those combined makes pushing a situation where it seems like you next season is going to be crazy.

Gabynator. Bunch of people in SoS got banned rofl

I'm like Paragon 788 and I'm running out of steaaaaam. It's so slooooow even in group games I get like 1 level per run if I have golden pools and I get lucky and get a group running 68+.

I die sometimes in pugs at 70+ so that's always a balancing act too. Losing the pool bonus hurts badly but a GR75 is GREAT exp. I'm just trying to get to 800 before the end of the season so I can max out all the passive Para bonuses in the main sections. Kind of a self achievement.

After that I'm hanging it up for this season and going to fool around on PTR to decide whether I want to go DH or Crusader for next season. I have never played a Crusader and I've had RoS since launch, but it's also a class I dont feel like I would enjoy much.

Edit: Aren't there supposed to be new gems each season? If so when do they announce it?
I tapped out bruh. After I hit my goal of solo GR80, I just lost interest. I may come back to hit Paragon 900 just to say I did (I think I'm around Para 890). Other than that, nothing I can achieve interests me, and even that goal is fairly contrived.

He's pretty infamous for it, admitting it in chats, having stuff like 23.5+ hours per day played the entire season, etc.

Wait is this the crew of all Para 3,100+ players I saw on Twitch? I was watching some Barb streamer that was at like 3,200 just yesterday. Even the idea of it is absurd. Like, do something else with your time other than sitting under Diablo 3 for 18 hours a day, please.

Baliis

I tapped out bruh. After I hit my goal of solo GR80, I just lost interest. I may come back to hit Paragon 900 just to say I did (I think I'm around Para 890). Other than that, nothing I can achieve interests me, and even that goal is fairly contrived.

Wait is this the crew of all Para 3,100+ players I saw on Twitch? I was watching some Barb streamer that was at like 3,200 just yesterday. Even the idea of it is absurd. Like, do something else with your time other than sitting under Diablo 3 for 18 hours a day, please.

Barb might've been Chainer who's in SoS, but afaik doesn't bot and didn't get banned. Dude just legit no life's Diablo all day every day and the only people that can keep up with him are the botters lol. But there's a ton that did get banned. Someone on Reddit said they went from 32 to 20 o think on the 4 player board just from all the banned people getting removed.

Gaby was 3500 already this season. I think?

I'm kinda sad I dropped off the sader leaderboards since I have no desire to go back and push more. My HC wiz is still like 679 though, might try to push him to GR70 before the season ends.

Barb might've been Chainer who's in SoS, but afaik doesn't bot and didn't get banned. Dude just legit no life's Diablo all day every day and the only people that can keep up with him are the botters lol. But there's a ton that did get banned. Someone on Reddit said they went from 32 to 20 o think on the 4 player board just from all the banned people getting removed.

Gaby was 3500 already this season. I think?

I'm kinda sad I dropped off the sader leaderboards since I have no desire to go back and push more. My HC wiz is still like 679 though, might try to push him to GR70 before the season ends.

icic.

But yea, leaderboards are impossible to maintain because at a certain point they become less about skill and more about sheer time devotion. As soon as I realized that (maybe around para 700), I stopped caring about the leaderboards and just set some personal goals using non-moving targets (like solo GR 80). Shooting for moving target goals (like top 100) is just a huge waste of time unless D3 is the only game you want to play and can spend 3-5 hours/day on it, repeating the same group gem and paragon leveling grind for a month. Because that's what your competition is doing and the only ay to keep up.

Me? I value my lifetime too much. Para 900 was a huge lift for me in a single season, spurred on by possession of one of the best wands (stats) in North America. But once I hit my goal...peace.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, with botters in the mix, any desire to stay near the top of the leaderboard is doomed as soon as you need to sleep.

Adnor

Banned
After 57 hours playing this game in the last few weeks I can think I can say that I like it.

I should have bought it earlier.

After 57 hours playing this game in the last few weeks I can think I can say that I like it.

I should have bought it earlier.

welcome. and yes, you will enjoy your stay. it's a great game that literally thousands of hours can be dropped on in pursuit of elite gear.

Sober

Yeah, with botters in the mix, any desire to stay near the top of the leaderboard is doomed as soon as you need to sleep.
Yeah chasing leaderboards is a bit of a waste. Personal goals is more than enough.

I think for this season I might stop at the silver frame. The gold season frame doesn't seem worth the effort and I don't sink enough hours even into the start of a season to get another stash tab?

It's also late and I only have one max level character so I don't feel like hitting the easier conquests like the set dungeons. Maybe I should try avarice again.

Xanathus

Anyone here playing the PTR and can give the rest of us a clue about how the top tier builds are shaping up with it? Thinking of going DH and/or WD and/or Monk next season so I'm curious about how they do now especially at higher GRs (75-80+).

Cipherr

Finally hit Para 800 so I'm done for the season, really wish PTR would stay up until the next season started, but oh well.

Edit: Kind of wild how hard the game changed since I last played prior to this season. Apparently my 160 paragon on live aint even worth one level when combined with my Season 5 para:

JvoQWgz.png

Damn.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Finally hit Para 800 so I'm done for the season, really wish PTR would stay up until the next season started, but oh well.

Edit: Kind of wild how hard the game changed since I last played prior to this season. Apparently my 160 paragon on live aint even worth one level when combined with my Season 5 para:

JvoQWgz.png

Damn.

If it's any consolation, my 621pl on non-season are worth only 56pl on my lvl 681 seasonal character... Meaning the two combined won't even get me to 800. Ugh.

Ayumi

Your combined Paragon level when the current Season ends will be 607
Your Paragon levels: Season: 506 | Non-Season: 515.

I'm amazed how fast leveling is now, compared to when I took a break back in 2014ish. It took me ages to get to p500, and now, with the infinite GR scaling, it only took a few weeks of very casual gameplay. :v

Wolfie5

Your combined Paragon level when the current Season ends will be 733
Your Paragon levels: Season: 637 | Non-Season: 664.

The hell...? I thought for sure I would finally have 800 both combined.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Your combined Paragon level when the current Season ends will be 733
Your Paragon levels: Season: 637 | Non-Season: 664.

The hell...? I thought for sure I would finally have 800 both combined.

You and me both, pal... You and me both.

JSoup

Banned
OK, so, question.
Are there any good guides out there on making the most of thorns damage?
I'm at the point in my season journey where the last thing I need to do is finish the set dungeon, but I apparently don't understand how to do that effectively.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
OK, so, question.
Are there any good guides out there on making the most of thorns damage?
I'm at the point in my season journey where the last thing I need to do is finish the set dungeon, but I apparently don't understand how to do that effectively.

Try putting "icy veins" in google along with what you are trying to build

Baliis

Patch has been PTR for a while.
New month.
New season in Hearthstone.

Just a wishful thought I guess! :)

And hopes for a more massive update/new season in june.

They'll give a two week notice before the season ends, then prob a week in between seasons

strafer

JvoQWgz.png

Damn.

What's the site that let's you check this?

Addnan

Season 5 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:

North America: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, April 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 6 will be starting about two weeks afterwards at the following dates and times for each region:

North America: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
Asia: Friday, April 29 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20077425

Top Bottom