• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hopefully you don't have to jump through that many hoops for those wings.

Cause I can't see myself ever acquiring the set dungeon pair.

Aye. I hope they're reasonable to aquire. But looking at the set dungeon wings and the cosmic wings (need rare rainbow goblin + rare spawn in Whimseydale), I'd guess not.

Looks like it's just a rare chest spawn:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aDBXQBd9OyOpf51AD6jInIWolidty_d6k8BWJZC1uAo/edit?usp=sharing
Bonus: they're actually called falcon's wings. (source)

moojito

The division has given me a hunger for loot, and my hunger for loot has brought me back to d3!

I have all classes at 70 on the ps4, but am trying to get my first 70 on the go on the pc. Such a nicely polished game.

I'm finding having to click click click on all the loot drops a bit unsatisfying. On the ps4 you just spam X a bit and pick everything up.
On the other hand, loving the inventory screen compared to the console.

Dahbomb

This will be first D3 season I will not be participating in.

I already have a lot on my plate and honestly they didn't add much in this patch. The last two seasons they added so much that I can't help but feel a little disappointed this time around.

Just really started playing this for the first time a few hours ago. It's my first Diablo ever.

Any tips for someone new?
Finish the story mode at least once.

Also, enable "elective mode" in the options to fully customize your skill bar. You may not understand its importance now, but it will help if you decide to check out the "end game".

Baliis

This will be first D3 season I will not be participating in.

I already have a lot on my plate and honestly they didn't add much in this patch. The last two seasons they added so much that I can't help but feel a little disappointed this time around.

If you're gonna take a season off this seems like a good one. Just balance changes really. I'm gonna try and focus on WD this season since I always wanna but then something else comes along. Still can't decode if I wanna focus on SC or go all in on HC this season though.

Lain

Took me 3 hours +/- to clean my mails. Next season I really need to stick to 1 character and 1 set... is what I'd love to say, but then the season journey will force me in the other direction.
Maybe I should give it up on normal, destroy most stuff and just clean space.

moojito

I got my wizard to level 70 this morning. I have 3 pieces of the firebird set + rrog. Ooft, melting stuff like nobody's business. I also have a chest that reduces disintegrate cost by 50-odd % and a belt that reduces damage by 50% when above 90% of my primary resource, so face tanking stuff like a boss, too.

Up to torment 3 with a couple of hours of hitting 70. Good times!

I got my wizard to level 70 this morning. I have 3 pieces of the firebird set + rrog. Ooft, melting stuff like nobody's business. I also have a chest that reduces disintegrate cost by 50-odd % and a belt that reduces damage by 50% when above 90% of my primary resource, so face tanking stuff like a boss, too.

Up to torment 3 with a couple of hours of hitting 70. Good times!

It's amazing how fast that happens. I just started playing again, rolled a seasonal character on Thursday morning and finished the 4 season chapters on Friday morning. Now, two days later, I'm up to GR45 solo and GR60 with some buddies and farming stuff on TX.

Wrecking shit is so much fun. :D I love Leapquake barb.

Cipherr

Took me 3 hours +/- to clean my mails. Next season I really need to stick to 1 character and 1 set... is what I'd love to say, but then the season journey will force me in the other direction.
Maybe I should give it up on normal, destroy most stuff and just clean space.

I found it easier to delete any secondary classes I played during the season and all of their gear (except gems). Non season isn't something I play, and I need the char slots. All I kept was my main character for the season, the crafting materials and the top 3 sets for the class I played. But I put the sets in the characters inventory instead of leaving it in the stash.

So when my wizard went to non season all his inventory was full of 2 other sets and his rings/gems for them. And the only thing I had to take out of the mail was crafting ingredients and gems. Took only 3 or 4 minutes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any information on what you need to do to unlock another stash tab in the next season?
(I assume that's something they are going to do every season now...)

Lain

Is there any information on what you need to do to unlock another stash tab in the next season?
(I assume that's something they are going to do every season now...)

Yeah there is a new one every season (though you can't exceed 10 tabs total).
No idea about the requirement.

Raticus79

Guess monks are actually in a pretty good place for this patch. Fast T10 builds with bells or rainment and the top leaderboard positions are generator builds, which I'm fond of.

MrDaravon

Got on and took care of stash stuff and whatnot. Still not sure what class I want to play next season; I always have this problem and then I always wind up playing DH again lol. That said though I need to look into specifics since I haven't followed PTR/patch notes in the slightest but people seem to be saying not much in the way of changes this season so I may run Monk or Wiz this time for once. Those were the two classes I enjoyed the most after DH but haven't messed with them much post-RoS, and when I did I wasn't a big fan of their current iterations at that time (not a fan of support Monk, and I'm not doing numlock bullshit for optimal Wiz play).

Raticus79

Overwatch preorder wings are live:
9AQXQHV148GQ1461010351781.gif

Not bad, not bad.

From http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/mercy/

Overwatch preorder wings are live:
9AQXQHV148GQ1461010351781.gif

Not bad, not bad.

From http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/mercy/

officially the best looking wings.

Got on and took care of stash stuff and whatnot. Still not sure what class I want to play next season; I always have this problem and then I always wind up playing DH again lol. That said though I need to look into specifics since I haven't followed PTR/patch notes in the slightest but people seem to be saying not much in the way of changes this season so I may run Monk or Wiz this time for once. Those were the two classes I enjoyed the most after DH but haven't messed with them much post-RoS, and when I did I wasn't a big fan of their current iterations at that time (not a fan of support Monk, and I'm not doing numlock bullshit for optimal Wiz play).

I'm not looking forward to stash management at all right now. It's going to take me at least an hour.

Cipherr

Guess monks are actually in a pretty good place for this patch. Fast T10 builds with bells or rainment and the top leaderboard positions are generator builds, which I'm fond of.

Really? Have any links to the generator builds or videos? I was thinking about Monk, I think the generator builds are awesome.

Raticus79

Really? Have any links to the generator builds or videos? I was thinking about Monk, I think the generator builds are awesome.

Here's an example:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/78505-generator-build-2-4-1-88

On PTR (non-season), the top spot's generator with 90 and runner up is Uliana's at 87.

The other classes are doing better all around though - around 95-100 in solo. (not sure how seasonal items will mix things up. Edit: not at all since they don't exist any more apparently)

Celegus

so what's being added to the next season to make people want to start all over again? Sorry; don't know where to look.

Some cosmetic stuff mostly? Maybe another stash tab? There doesn't seem to be any big features or huge shifts to any classes, just tinkering a bit to the numbers for some of the more lackluster builds. I'll probably play enough for the season journey stuff, but not much more than that.

Some cosmetic stuff mostly? Maybe another stash tab? There doesn't seem to be any big features or huge shifts to any classes, just tinkering a bit to the numbers for some of the more lackluster builds. I'll probably play enough for the season journey stuff, but not much more than that.

okay. I'll be doing the same, then.

Cipherr

Taking away the seasonal stuff really upsets me. There's not a lot of reason to want to play this new season unless you just.... feel like playing Diablo.

No new leg gem. like.... 1 new item? A terrible Mage ring? Just... damn

They had better have a secret expansion looming for October for S7 man, because this is some anemic nonsense.

Raticus79

Taking away the seasonal stuff really upsets me. There's not a lot of reason to want to play this new season unless you just.... feel like playing Diablo.

No new leg gem. like.... 1 new item? A terrible Mage ring? Just... damn

They had better have a secret expansion looming for October for S7 man, because this is some anemic nonsense.

One more stash tab per season, I guess... let's see, that means Diablo 4 for early 2017 confirmed.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I think the slowdown is in preparation for announcing a new expansion at Blizzcon or some other gaming convention this summer.

i cant imagine they are planning for Diablo 4 being released before 2020. expansions have to be more profitable at this point anyway since they spent so much time on the existing game.

i cant imagine they are planning for Diablo 4 being released before 2020. expansions have to be more profitable at this point anyway since they spent so much time on the existing game.

Absolutely. Diablo 3 definitely still has room to grow. Yea, stash tabs could become limited, but they could easily add more classes and new acts.

Sober

Honestly I don't mind a few slow seasons if they throw a bunch of big things into the mix every once in a while. I feel like you could even just have people pay for an entire other class or two, you might not even need a full blown expansion unless they're ready to basically add a whole lot of stuff in.

red731

Reinstalled the game because The Divison reddit pointed me to Road of Redemption talk from GDC last year.

When did destroying xx number of things, or killing x numbers of monsters yelded bonuses like faster run or exp rate up? That is amazing.

ed: Aaaah, patch 2.4.
ed: I have this game from beginning and just now reinstalled it on SSD. All the stutering is gone. That is awesome.

Wolfie5

I kind of think we won´t get another expansion, mainly because latest patches has been pretty big and there were stuff that they easily could have saved to an expansion, like Kanai´s Cube and new areas. And also because they are pretty open with their job listings saying a new Diablo game is in the works. Latest one:

Job Description
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate lighting artist to craft the mood and drama surrounding new characters and never-before-seen worlds in our next hit game!

We’re looking for artists who demonstrate a strong understanding of how light, shadow, and color set the tone of an environment as well as guide the player. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting based on gameplay, vision and conceptual illustrations. The ideal candidate shares our sensibilities and looks forward to the challenge of illuminating the dark medieval worlds of Diablo!

moojito

I just stumbled over a pack of those little loot goblins that usually scatter in different directions, while I had a conduit pylon active. It was glorious! I think I peed a bit.

mileS

I know its old news but it feels like this upcoming Season is feeling the burn of no seasonal items a little harder. Don't get me wrong, trying to balance all the gear sets was very much needed. I just feel they could have done both.

I'll still go HAM at first. I always enjoy that.

Those Overwatch wings are really nice. I'm at a rather odd place with that game though. I was hyped for it since day 1 but I eventually came to understanding my computer won't run it half decent at all with the beta. Shame because I think I would really enjoy it. Can't see myself getting a new computer for a while so my only other option is PS4. Not completely sold that it will play as good there.

Xanathus

I'm still gonna play on day 1 of season at least till I complete all of the Season Journeys, but the main draw of the next patch for me isn't the changes but the cosmetic items. Dunno why but I'm a sucker for collecting those.

Welp looks like Energy Twister Wizard is still king of the 4 man GRs just like last season, except that they use Tal Rasha instead of Delsere now. What a rocking change to the GR meta.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/4fgmbj/new_meta241_ptr_enjoy/

These are the reasons why I refuse to ever throw away well-rolled gear. Even if it's a set that never gets used. But yea, not playing another season of Energy Twister meta. Sorry, I didn't like it last season and I for damn sure am not going to run it for a second consecutive. I'll just work on improving my regular season toons or something after getting that stash space.

I'm still gonna play on day 1 of season at least till I complete all of the Season Journeys, but the main draw of the next patch for me isn't the changes but the cosmetic items. Dunno why but I'm a sucker for collecting those.

yea fuck that. keep those wings, just gimmie that stash space.

Overwatch wings will be best wings anyway. You couldn't pay me to burn lifetime trying to get those Journey wings. Grind on top of grind for me. ymmv.

Celegus

Same here. Probably the same reason I do so many achievements. Really curious how many there are and how you obtain them. That's something that could get me back in for a decent bit.

Top Bottom