• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

dog$

Hates quality gaming
They need a little something more for the end game.
Now all the more so since GR100 has been legitimately cleared. We can thank Seasons for giving the power creep that has brought us here, and the horse is out of the barn. Adjusting old loot and introducing new loot is not enough.

My two main ideas -

- Kanai Cube to be an infinite item sink. Diablo 3 has never had a proper item sink, and now is as good of a time as any to finally introduce one. Recubing items increases the potency of the static quantity value by a percentage amount, moreso if ancients are burned. Only hardcap limits to ensure 100% cooldown reduction cannot occur. Otherwise, rise it to the sky. For example, get a 0.1% bonus to Furnace's 50% elite damage with each recubing (0.5% if ancient). Now all the sudden, people care about every Furnace that drops, no matter how bad it is, and people may want to trade for Furnaces as well.

- New difficulty mode which has no static values. Torment XV and GR150 won't cut it. Think of rank from shooters. Envision play where enemies have a comparative GR level set when spawned, and based on how quickly you kill it and damage you take from it, enemies subsequently spawned have their levels adjusted on the fly. GF/MF/XP/&c. are adjusted accordingly as well. For Rifts, you fight for five minutes and then immediately face a boss. Perhaps items can be adjusted or created with properties that only apply in this mode.

Static difficulty levels will always be surpassed in this game.
Players need something more to do with items than either equip or junk them.
I can't imagine these things being terribly difficult to implement. It doesn't demand any new assets.

biaxident

What's in your opinion the easiest conquest after Avarice in SC & GR45 without Set Items in SC. I want to finish this damn season journey like I did last season so I can be done with it, lol.

6 sets to gr55 is what I did, pretty easy just requires an alt.

Cipherr

Wow, so Im now noticing the secret to gaining paragon levels post 650 or so is 4player games. Solo clearing 68's and 70s is nothing compared to the exp in groups. I should make my final goal of hitting para 800 pretty easy now that I know that. 1 month for the remaining 83 levels is pretty easy now that my DMO set is getting REALLY good.

What's in your opinion the easiest conquest after Avarice in SC & GR45 without Set Items in SC. I want to finish this damn season journey like I did last season so I can be done with it, lol.

Someone already said it, but its the sets clearing GR55. Hopefully you have been keeping set pieces for your class (even for the sets you didn't have plans to use) if so, time to put those previously thought pieces to use. You have to have the sets 6pc activated (Ring of Grandeur counts) and clear a GR55 in 6 sets. Every class has 4 sets I think. I did 4 on my main (Wizard even though the Archon set was a pain in the ass) then roll an alt and do 2 on that class.

Theres still another month left in the season too, so you have plenty of time. I made a DH alt and had max level and the sets done at GR55 within 3-4 days. Once you finish that, leveling a class to 50 on HC is a victory lap. I decided against getting a power level just to savor that shit.

- Kanai Cube to be an infinite item sink. Diablo 3 has never had a proper item sink, and now is as good of a time as any to finally introduce one. Recubing items increases the potency of the static quantity value by a percentage amount, moreso if ancients are burned. Only hardcap limits to ensure 100% cooldown reduction cannot occur. Otherwise, rise it to the sky. For example, get a 0.1% bonus to Furnace's 50% elite damage with each recubing (0.5% if ancient). Now all the sudden, people care about every Furnace that drops, no matter how bad it is, and people may want to trade for Furnaces as well.

This is goddamned brilliant.

biaxident

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/165821-2-4-1-new-dmg-xp-numbers-and-what-they-mean-for#c3

Interesting stuff, looks like xp gain next patch will be about cut in half for the really high tiers and solo players won't be as far behind. So we definitely wont see people pushing 3k paragon next season, probably closer to 1800-2k by the end of the season. Since I play mainly solo and haven't gone above gr71 my paragon should end up about the same. Although I assume power creep will mean gr 70 this season is equivalent to gr80 next season.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/165821-2-4-1-new-dmg-xp-numbers-and-what-they-mean-for#c3

Interesting stuff, looks like xp gain next patch will be about cut in half for the really high tiers and solo players won't be as far behind. So we definitely wont see people pushing 3k paragon next season, probably closer to 1800-2k by the end of the season. Since I play mainly solo and haven't gone above gr71 my paragon should end up about the same. Although I assume power creep will mean gr 70 this season is equivalent to gr80 next season.

As a solo player this is good news. Its hard to play long term knowing how handicapped you are for not grouping up 24/7.

Firemind

It's retarded that you can so easily level up after plvl 800. Every level up after can be put into main stat, while us peasants have to put it in gold find and life regen. They should do it like in D2 where lvl. 95-99 curved like crazy.

Ayumi

It's retarded that you can so easily level up after plvl 800. Every level up after can be put into main stat, while us peasants have to put it in gold find and life regen. They should do it like in D2 where lvl. 95-99 curved like crazy.
Paragon is basically a playtime stat by now, with main stat attribute points as a reward. That's why it sucks being <500 right now, because I can't pushas far as I want to since plvls matter in GR ranks.

Wolfie5

I finished years of war with my wizard alt and with that, I am done with season 5 journey :)

Think I will wait for season 6 before I play some more or maybe play a little on PTR.

It was fun playing as DH this season. Marauder build was my go to set and I reached GR70 pretty easy. Didn't push higher than 72 I think, not my thing.

Never used cube to convert gems to increase my main skill. I mean it wasn't hard to lvl gems from 0 to 60, but I never felt the need to do it.
I guess I might do it on an off season charachter some day, but I don't see myself do it in season 6 either. Specially since GR70 seems to be even easier next season.

Cipherr

• P4_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_027 Energy Twister damage is increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 58.

It says ring, but Im thinking this is them buffing the Twister sword from 5 to 8. Thats a lot better. I can still get to 9-10 I think solo, so its a nerf still, but this at least MAY not completely kill the build. Some of the stuff I have done in 4 man GRifts with those barbs collecting orbs feeding me infinite Arcane Power is obscene though. Good fucking lord.

I finished years of war with my wizard alt and with that, I am done with season 5 journey :)

Think I will wait for season 6 before I play some more or maybe play a little on PTR.

It was fun playing as DH this season. Marauder build was my go to set and I reached GR70 pretty easy. Didn't push higher than 72 I think, not my thing.

Never used cube to convert gems to increase my main skill. I mean it wasn't hard to lvl gems from 0 to 60, but I never felt the need to do it.
I guess I might do it on an off season charachter some day, but I don't see myself do it in season 6 either. Specially since GR70 seems to be even easier next season.

I think with as easy as GR70 is on PTR that next patch it might be like.... 80 for the achievement instead. Grats on the journey, it feels so good to finish that. Puts a cap on the season :D

Baliis

• P4_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_027 Energy Twister damage is increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 58.

It says ring, but Im thinking this is them buffing the Twister sword from 5 to 8. Thats a lot better. I can still get to 9-10 I think solo, so its a nerf still, but this at least MAY not completely kill the build. Some of the stuff I have done in 4 man GRifts with those barbs collecting orbs feeding me infinite Arcane Power is obscene though. Good fucking lord.

For whatever reason, legendary affixes are all rings in the data even if they aren't. That's obviously the twister sword yea.

biaxident

So taking the archon bonus from 300 to 30 still allows wiz to clear 100s, that nerf is about 7 grift levels. Crazy stuff.

Edit: Westmarch workshop going over tin foil hat stuff with D4. They plan 4 more stash tabs (or 3) to be added, every 3 months, so last patch of those around october/november which is perfect time for blizzcon and a possible D4 announcement ( which would still be at least 2 years out).

Wolfie5

I think with as easy as GR70 is on PTR that next patch it might be like.... 80 for the achievement instead. Grats on the journey, it feels so good to finish that. Puts a cap on the season :D

Thanks, feels good :)
You are probably right. 80 will be the new 70 and if they don't do anything about Torment difficulties, it will be even easier to complete everything.

biaxident

Finally put together my LoN sweeping wind cyclone build. Brings back memories and is fun, still need a few more pieces to make tx faster but solid start. They definitely need more glove options, I'm just using ancient frostburns cause I don't have a better ancient. I guess st archews gage is ok for it. I'm glad LoN exists though, just need more good items for it.

Cipherr

Just did a 4man GR75 with a Globe Barb as a DMO wiz and I remembered to cube reapers this time. Dear lord I can see why they are nerfing it. If you stack the nados and have infinite Arc power.

The dps.....

So do people play seasons almost exclusively? Is it more popular than regular mode?

Yeah, normal mode is a ghost town from what I have seen. Seasons give the fresh start on even ground to everyone and only lasts 3 months and has some exclusive items and achievements so its a lot more fun to play.

biaxident

People get tired of fresh seasons after just a few weeks, can't imagine playing non season since there's no goals to really shoot for. I can't even really play ptr, seasons fo life

This game is so cruel.
I beaten the first 3 tiers of objectives just to find out the 4 has a set dungeon objective.
How am i supposed to get a complete set in such a short time(even if i had an entire season to get it)?

Baliis

This game is so cruel.
I beaten the first 3 tiers of objectives just to find out the 4 has a set dungeon objective.
How am i supposed to get a complete set in such a short time(even if i had an entire season to get it)?

The season gives you a free set, plus it's not like sets are hard to get, it's very possible to complete a set even in the first day or two of the season even without the free one.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
People get tired of fresh seasons after just a few weeks, can't imagine playing non season since there's no goals to really shoot for. I can't even really play ptr, seasons fo life

non-season is on its own leaderboard system and its persistent.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any major differences between the PS4 and PC versions? I have countless hours on PC but I'm looking to get the PS4 version as I can no longer sit down at the PC due to a back injury. I know it used to be a fair bit behind but from what I've read it's basically parallel now, is that correct?

Addnan

Are there any major differences between the PS4 and PC versions? I have countless hours on PC but I'm looking to get the PS4 version as I can no longer sit down at the PC due to a back injury. I know it used to be a fair bit behind but from what I've read it's basically parallel now, is that correct?
Content is same but if you want to play with people you will end up in hacked lobbies and get paragon ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Content is same but if you want to play with people you will end up in hacked lobbies and get paragon ridiculous.

That was fixed in 2.4:

That said, we run some basic sanity checks on gear when a player’s character is loaded in,” the representative continued. “This is done to disqualify an item if it exceeds the legal boundaries of an item. Starting with patch 2.4 the Gem of Ease on PS4 and Xbox One will be capped to rank 100.

So it's safe to play in public again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck, I just found out there any no seasons on PS4, that REALLY hurts the replay value for me, I mean what's the point once you're fully geared? Seasons are the only thing that keep me playing on PC. I mean shit I still ordered it for something to do while I recover from my back injury, but the lack of seasons really sucks.

h3ro

Oh fuck, I just found out there any no seasons on PS4, that REALLY hurts the replay value for me, I mean what's the point once you're fully geared? Seasons are the only thing that keep me playing on PC. I mean shit I still ordered it for something to do while I recover from my back injury, but the lack of seasons really sucks.

The game is patched day and date with the PC version with all the content of the season patches so though you may be geared up for one patch season, the next patch may completely change the meta and render that gear useless. The loot hunt is always there, season or no season.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The game is patched day and date with the PC version with all the content of the season patches so though you may be geared up for one patch season, the next patch may completely change the meta and render that gear useless. The loot hunt is always there, season or no season.

Nothing beats starting fresh though, but at least I get to do that once when I first get the game. Blizzard have said they're revisiting their decision regarding seasons on console so there's hope.

robochimp

Seasons sans leaderboards might be coming to consoles per a Google search.

Just bought this game for PC. And the expansion. Im looking to power lvl up since Ive already finished the quest on PS4 and looking to playing this on my PC more. Anyone?

Dunfisch

Just bought this game for PC. And the expansion. Im looking to power lvl up since Ive already finished the quest on PS4 and looking to playing this on my PC more. Anyone?

Most folks have done their time for this season, and I don't really see much activity in the GAF clan anymore - on EU side, at least. If you're there, I can hop on some time and boost you. I'm also a moderator, so if you want in, just go ahead.

Cipherr

Yep, might wanna get some practice in on this season but its dieing down now. I think we should expect the next season in like a month or so, thats when action and activity will likely pick up again.

Most folks have done their time for this season, and I don't really see much activity in the GAF clan anymore - on EU side, at least. If you're there, I can hop on some time and boost you. I'm also a moderator, so if you want in, just go ahead.
How do I join the clan. Im on the Americas server. Also how do I add you as a friend?

Do you have any tips for improving DPS?
I'm stuck on 500k for a long time.
I'm trying to beat the fiery fiend set dungeonfor the season objective, and it feels like my dps is way too low.

Wolfie5

So much to improve. You should...
-Get Kanai´s cube and cube some items.
-Be able to get a better weapon than what you have now pretty quickly, preferably an anchient weapon. And try to get a socket(re-roll if you have to) and put an emerald gem in it.
-Have socket on your rings and amulet and put better legendary gems like Bane of the Trapped and Bane of the Powerful.
-Roll some CC and CD on your gear.
-Increase your int by putting flawless royal topaz gems on your chest and pants.
-Use flawless royal diamond on your helm.

That is a start. Don´t know much about firebird set, but I would advise you to check different builds at diablofans.com. That is if you want a better thought out builds, with skills that combine well together.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is this season still going to last for a while? I've barely started it yesterday, and I'm just hoping I have enough time to at least get the pet reward(and that's with lvling to 70 the normal way, no power leveling).

Cipherr

I think this season probably has another 2 to 3 weeks at least. It started around the second week of Jan and they claimed they want the seasons to last 3 months.... so by Blizzard logic that will probably end up being 3.75 months or something.

They will give notice about the seasons impending end on the website though, so you'll get notice.

IMO go for it.

Wolfie5

Apparently season 6 is live on PTR.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48686-ptr-patch-2-4-1-s6-season-6-rewards

Set reward you get this time:

DH: Marauder set
Barb: Raekor set
Wizard: DMO set
WD: Zuni set
Monk: Inna´s set
Crusader: Akkhan set

At least 2 conquest seems easy to do, they might change it of course when it goes live:
Reach lvl 75 solo and level three legendary gems to lvl 65.

Other conquests are:
-Complete Rift on Torment X within 2 minutes
-Boss Mode: Kill following bosses on Torment X within 20 minutes. (Could be easy to as well) EDIT: Just checked PTR, it´s 16 bosses, all the main ones. Should be easy in group, maybe solo as well.
-Kill 350 monsters in a cursed chest event on Torment X

Ayumi

Really wanna try the set dungeon, but I don't know if I'll be wasting my time if it isn't doable for me.

Tried looking for an updated build (all I found were outdated) that will work in favor of the mission points inside the dungeon, but I couldn't really find anything.

Any tips or suggestions from fellow Wizards who completed it? I don't have the Aether Walker, btw. Would it be fine with my current build, just remove the passive damage like my gems and stuff? Thanks in advance!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayumi-2458/hero/71681110

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the PS4 version and it's so smooth, I've always had this stuttering issue on PC, ever since the original beta even though I'm on a completely different rig since then. No matter how stable my frame rate it never feels entirely smooth and I'm so glad the PS4 version doesn't suffer with this as well. I'm just taking it slow, enjoying the story again as I haven't done it in so long. Went with my original main The Witch Doctor for some Carnival fun later on.

Top Bottom