• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

still nothing new right? i think i beat gr43 a couple months back and haven't felt compelled to jump back in unless there's new stuff to do.

Bladenic

Had this for a while but just started today. Playing on Hard with my Wizard imported from ages ago when the original Diablo 3 had a demo. PS3 here, just finished Act 1 and having shit ton of fun.

If anyone is also new to this and/or wants to play some, please add me

XxVpunxX

And invite or whatever not sure how multi works yet haha

Can't wait to try the other classes too, Wizard is mad fun but I'm really interested in Witch Doctor.

For all of you starting playing now, please enable the elective mode option. Basically this feature will let you map any skill to any button.

Please add me. My PS4 PSN is luizrobertsilva

Hobbun

Does the game tell you that you are receiving the 100% bonus XP?

Mine doesn't indicate it and the only reason I ask is prior similar 'special' events the game does say what bonus you are receiving when you are in the character select screen (lower right corner) and/or it's under your buffs.

But I don't see any indication of bonus XP.

Donos

Thanks to the 100% exp days i pushed my Witchdoctor from 40 to lvl 60 in hardcore today. Only playing at "Hard" which is too easy but i don't want to fuck up. Only 10 lvls till the trophy.
I already had one situation around lvl 58 where i slept on jailer elites, got surrounded and hit with nasty element attacks. Hit the potion button at the last possible moment. Would have raged all day if i had died.

Does the game tell you that you are receiving the 100% bonus XP?

Mine doesn't indicate it and the only reason I ask is prior similar 'special' events the game does say what bonus you are receiving when you are in the character select screen (lower right corner) and/or it's under your buffs.

But I don't see any indication of bonus XP.

That's where i can see it (and under the character details).
9f8pPyA.jpg

Maybe you have log in problems because of the PSN ddos thing?

Hobbun

That's where i can see it.

Yeah, I thought mine was missing. Not sure why mine is not showing up/not receiving it.

Does the network settings make a difference? I have it set to LAN, but I've always had it set to that and I have received Blizzard's other bonuses.

Hobbun

That's my issue, not signing into PSN for some reason. I never even notice it normally as I haven't had an issue yet in doing so with my PS4. Not until now, at least.

Edit: Just called Sony, PSN is down.

Fuck.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I am not happy about the attack and downtime. I was hoping to finish my last 5 levels or so to paragon 600 with the exp bonus. Hopefully it will be up sometime tonight so I can play Saturday. What a waste of a double exp weekend.

Bladenic

I can't link my PSN account to battle.net anyone else have issues? It always says error has occured

I also had to leave items after the skeleton King battle. I thought items stayed there so I could retire to pick them up after liberating my inventory. Nope, all gone. Fuck

I can't link my PSN account to battle.net anyone else have issues? It always says error has occured

I also had to leave items after the skeleton King battle. I thought items stayed there so I could retire to pick them up after liberating my inventory. Nope, all gone. Fuck

Odd. If you town portal back, drop stuff off/salvage/etc and then use thr town portal back, the items should still be there. Did you quit out of the game and then try to go back and retrieve them?

Any Xbone crusaders willing to help me with my grind for Akkan gear? After hundreds of hours, I've got two pieces - shoulders and boots. Ugh.

Add me if interested!

Korean B B Q

Awesome thanks for the reply. What's a good starting class for a newbie lol.

All the classes are well developed and easy to use even for a newbie. Just pick whichever class interests you the most.

Unrelated, I really wish PSN's servers would come back so I could actually enjoy this nice exp bonus...

-Mikey-

I'm not looking for Sony to give people a freebie because of what's going on, but I'd love for Blizzard to extend this till the 1st or 2nd. Haven't been able to enjoy that bonus at all.

Donos

Just finished my hardcore level 70 achievement. Only 1 more achievo before I 1000 it. 500 bounties is such a grind.

finished the lvl 70 hardcore trophy today too. Only monk and wizard left (pulled both with second controller to lvl 30 today while searching better gear with demon hunter) till all characters are 70.

Is there any indication how many bounties are left? Guess not. I think i'm probably in the 200-300 range so far.

finished the lvl 70 hardcore trophy today too. Only monk and wizard left (pulled both with second controller to lvl 30 today while searching better gear with demon hunter) till all characters are 70.

Is there any indication how many bounties are left? Guess not. I think i'm probably in the 200-300 range so far.

Yeah you can check your challenges under adventure mode and check the challenge for 500 bounties and it'll show you your progress.

Just finished my hardcore level 70 achievement. Only 1 more achievo before I 1000 it. 500 bounties is such a grind.

I've got 250 bounties left and honestly, ugh, not sure how I'll get through it. The faint glimmer of hope I do have is that somehow I'll get a treasure goblin portal to spawn. But that hope is probably misplaced. :(

To those who still have to do the 500 bounties, just put the difficulty on normal and repeatedly do the bounties for the hell rift, alcarnus, belial and fighting zoltan. I ended up finishing 100 in like an hour.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
I cannot drop a Frydehr's Wrath shield to save my life. I think I've been gambling with Kadala for about a week now and still no shield.

If you are on X1 add me. GT: JEERRRAAYYYYYYY

Donos

Holy shit, reading through all these challenges ... completing all of it is rather like 6 platinum trophies.

I only have 225 bounties so far ;_; but i still have to bring monk and wizard to 70 so that's at least 100 bounties more.

IHaveIce

Banned
Only have to do 2 achievements now.

6 chars to 70, which only one is missing and he is lvl56

And the one with destroying so and so many items, this is impossible to do solo right? never played online

Donos

Don't know if i'm really going to manage the platinum (PS3). Feel burned out on the game today. I only platinum games i still have fun grinding the trophies for.

Witch Doctor was not really fun to bring to 70 and Wizard feels the same. Liked playing Crusader and Demon Hunter. My DH even holds up pretty well on T1 with a rapid fire build.

Maybe i will wait till i get me a PS4 and play with gaffers.

Only have to do 2 achievements now.

6 chars to 70, which only one is missing and he is lvl56

And the one with destroying so and so many items, this is impossible to do solo right? never played online

Destroying the items trophy is easy. Go do rifts, and if you end up in the graveyard, you can do get it there.

SRTtoZ

Ok i'm quite the newb to console diablo but does this game have everything the PC games have? Does it get patched the same way too? Greater rifts etc?

I'm a PC player that put over 1000 hours into it and really want to try it on PS4/remote play. Does it work well with remote play?

sgb

So i have three 70's on pc and am around 120 Paragon, but will be picking this up tomorrow. Any changes I should be prepared for that different in the PS4 version to those that have played both?? Also is the same old normal mode for rift stones and t3+ for actual rifts still the usual playstyle for most??

So i have three 70's on pc and am around 120 Paragon, but will be picking this up tomorrow. Any changes I should be prepared for that different in the PS4 version to those that have played both?? Also is the same old normal mode for rift stones and t3+ for actual rifts still the usual playstyle for most??

There is a combat roll that you can perform with the right stick, and you can't aim spells at the edge of the screen like you could on PC. For example, on PC, you can place a Hydra at the edge of the screen, but on PS4, everything is cast at something like 30 yards away from you. It took me a short while to get used to, but it's not bad. As a Wizard, I can still solo T5, just have to kite a bit more (which is more exciting).

And there's shortcut buttons to mark loot as junk without going into the menus/backpack, which by the way have been modified to be console friendly. You might have to go into options to have menu tooltips reveal more info. Elective mode needs to be enabled, as it's of by default). L1 is always Potion and can't be changed. Oh, and there's no Ladder/Season stuff. Yeah, you can just do Normal in Adventure for rift keys, but RoRG has a higher chance to drop in T1.

Wait, what's the shortcut for junking items?

For items that you recently picked up and did not inspect in the menu, press up on the dpad to scroll thru them, then you can press square to junk, triangle to drop.

Really? Dammit I thought it said the 29th at midnight. I wanted to get my non-hardcore monk to 70 with it but it only worked for like 3 hours for me on ps4

I just played for an hour, and I had the 100% XP community bonus.

Three achievements left to get, one of which is getting my Hardcore Crusader to 70 before the experience buffs ends tonight. At level 53 now, hopefully I'll make it....

SRTtoZ

Good call.

With PSN going down I fell right back into this game big time.

Its great. And for some reason I can't understand why it runs the game BETTER than my 680gtx runs it. WTF! I get some shitty microstutter on the PC version that I can't solve but this version runs like a dream on my giant TV, its fabulous. Finally linked my Battle.net to it and started it up, money well spent.

Top Bottom