• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I'm getting back into the grind with my monk and I'd like to play with some cool people who don't use exploits/cheats or any of that bullshit. Can't seem to play with anyone from public matchmaking who doesn't cheat.

I really enjoy doing bounties, but I'll do rifts as well. I'm also very sociable and easygoing. I can solo T5 and easily cut it in a group for T6. For a good time call: SolidChamp on PSN, PS4 version.

I live in Taipei currently, so I'll be online in the evening, usually between 8am-12pm EST.

Just send me a friend invite with "GAF Diablo"

Donos

Money for PS4 is put aside now. Waiting just for a deal (310-340€ just the console, germany). Looking at the prices of PS4 D3:UE right now, i should have bought PS4 Diablo when it was on sale (NA PSN).

What's the cheapest atm? Don't care if digital or retail. Retail only Europe though.
Maybe i should check ebay for a used copy. Does the PS4 use the disk much when everything is installed?

Raptor

Yo vato!! You look like a cartel member!!
lol just kidding man.

You'll def be bk before next month i'm sure.
I foresee patch 2.1.2 dropping within a few weeks and no way you gonna resist that :)

P.S: Why did you get ass creed unity for man??

lmao!!

Sup hommie!!

Yeah I will trade this garbage in, its not like black flag and the controls are atrocious seriously.

Need to buy Diablo 3 again though, I dont have it anymore since I traded it in for GTA5 that also got traded it for FC4 digital that I diodnt liked it either so Im back at Mordor again waiting lols.

My wife and I are playing this couch coop and we started on Normal, then Hard, and now Expert. We're level 28 and still Act 1. What difficulty you think we could get up to that would be appropriately challenging?

Picked this up on PS4 the other day cuz it was a good price digitally.

I don't consider myself a huge Diablo fan, but I've actually triple dipped on this game. I bought the PC version when it came out, and played it for maybe 20-30 hours. Then I tried the demo for the PS3 version and I loved the controller support so I bought that. Played another 20 hours. And now I have the PS4 version. Ha ha.

I played as a Wizard on PC and PS3; it was cool. Decided to try a new class for PS4, so I rolled a Demon Hunter. Pretty cool so far- level 20 at the moment.

What class do people tend to prefer with D3? I tend to always play ranged classes with action RPGs, wondering if I should expand and try a Monk or something. What's the new Crusader class like?

Raptor

Picked this up on PS4 the other day cuz it was a good price digitally.

I don't consider myself a huge Diablo fan, but I've actually triple dipped on this game. I bought the PC version when it came out, and played it for maybe 20-30 hours. Then I tried the demo for the PS3 version and I loved the controller support so I bought that. Played another 20 hours. And now I have the PS4 version. Ha ha.

I played as a Wizard on PC and PS3; it was cool. Decided to try a new class for PS4, so I rolled a Demon Hunter. Pretty cool so far- level 20 at the moment.

What class do people tend to prefer with D3? I tend to always play ranged classes with action RPGs, wondering if I should expand and try a Monk or something. What's the new Crusader class like?

Monk is the master of swiftness, he goes all in melee and killas as fast as all hell, my fav class and the one I can go up to GR39+

Crusader is the horse master lol, nah but is really fun with some variety of builds but if you want to be all up there on the grifts you should soak yourself on pony build info meaning on stampede builds info.

BUt the sexiests and badass is the female demon hunter, not only she has the greatest ass in the game she is pure ranged badass she is the master of ranged and sentries, so you put up a few of them and enjoy the carnage.

Really awesome game, oh why I sold it :(

Krayzie

BUt the sexiests and badass is the female demon hunter, not only she has the greatest ass in the game she is pure ranged badass she is the master of ranged and sentries, so you put up a few of them and enjoy the carnage.

Really awesome game, oh why I sold it :(

LMFAO!!! You'r a straight up pimp raptor ;p

I told you D3 is one game you sld never sell man. Unless of course you'r completely done with it. It's such an easy game to jump bk into (even for just a short bit) and the sporadic patches with its tweaks and additions always keeps things interesting.

Raptor

LMFAO!!! You'r a straight up pimp raptor ;p

I told you D3 is one game you sld never sell man. Unless of course you'r completely done with it. It's such an easy game to jump bk into (even for just a short bit) and the sporadic patches with its tweaks and additions always keeps things interesting.

I know man and I have learned my leasson, I miss playing with you guys a lot.

I will buy it again though is not all lost.

:p

h3ro

I know man and I have learned my leasson, I miss playing with you guys a lot.

I will buy it again though is not all lost.

:p
Buy digital so you don't make that mistake again!

I think it's still on sale in the NA PSN store if you're interested.

I tried out all the classes last night, levelled them all to level 5 just to get a feel for them.

I found Witch Doctor kinda challenging to play as in the early game, actually died once.

Surprisingly, I dug the Barbarian a helluva lot. I don't usually play these games as tank/melee characters, but I loved how meaty his hits felt, and it was cool to send enemies flying. May do a Barbarian playthrough alongside my Demon Hunter.

Donos

I tried out all the classes last night, levelled them all to level 5 just to get a feel for them.

I found Witch Doctor kinda challenging to play as in the early game, actually died once.

Surprisingly, I dug the Barbarian a helluva lot. I don't usually play these games as tank/melee characters, but I loved how meaty his hits felt, and it was cool to send enemies flying. May do a Barbarian playthrough alongside my Demon Hunter.

For me, the fun for all characters starts around lvl 20-30, where you have acces to most skills and a few runes. Crusader was good from the start. DH and Wizard got awesome around 25 for me. That's why i leveled all the characters with a second controller as coop player to lvl 20. They just follow your main character and even teleport to their position. First 5 levels are done in under a minute when main character (lvl70) is in Master or T1.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Is starting a seasonal character any good? Reason I ask is because I've already invested a lot of time into my reg DH, so unless the loot is entirely different...I don't see the point of the seasonal character.

Is starting a seasonal character any good? Reason I ask is because I've already invested a lot of time into my reg DH, so unless the loot is entirely different...I don't see the point of the seasonal character.

Seasonal is PC only. There are legendaries that only drop in Seasonal, and a ranking ladder as well. This thread is more for the console versions, though, which don't include that feature.

Laconic

Banned
Seasonal is PC only. There are legendaries that only drop in Seasonal, and a ranking ladder as well. This thread is more for the console versions, though, which don't include that feature.

We'd best get them in the next patch, and THAT best be a simultaneous launch with the PC, like they're threatening. ;)

Because I'm decked out too much to bother playing. ;)

quest

Not Banned from OT
Well blizzard gave more information on the time table of patch 2.1.2. Could drop as soon as Tuesday and still trying for release on all platforms at once.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699503837

Community Manager
As we prepare for patch 2.1.2 and the Season rollover, we wanted to share some important information regarding the timing of these two milestones.

Patch 2.1.2 And Season 1:

With respect to Seasons, our goal is to avoid implementing major balance changes towards the end of a Season. Ideally, patches and significant hotfixes will occur between Seasons or early enough in the Season that players have ample time to adjust to the new environment.

However, we discovered some technical risks in executing a simultaneous launch of patch 2.1.2 and the upcoming Season rollover, and it’s clear that trying to do both in tandem or close proximity would jeopardize both processes. This left us with two options:

A) We launch patch 2.1.2 after the Season rollover. In this scenario, Seasonal players wouldn’t have access to any new 2.1.2 items including updated Set items, updated Legendary items, and the new Seasonal items for at least a couple of weeks after the Season went live.

B) We could launch patch 2.1.2 before the Season rollover. In this scenario, this would impact Seasonal Leaderboard progression.

Not giving Seasonal players access to new items right away in Season 2 would take a lot of the excitement out of the start of that new Season. With this, we believe that by giving players a few weeks to adjust to patch 2.1.2 changes, and by allowing them to test existing changes on the PTR, the impact on the existing Leaderboards can be minimized.

After weighing both options carefully, we have decided to launch patch 2.1.2 three weeks prior to the Season rollover. This should provide players enough time to adjust to the patch changes before the Season ends as well as ensure that Season 1 is not prolonged further for those looking forward to Season 2.

Future Season Rollovers:

Season 1 has been a great learning experience for us and we aim to provide a smoother transition at the end of Season 2. In fact, our intent for future Seasons is to have the current Season end, the corresponding patch deployed, and then the following Season start—in that order. While we will not be able to do that for this inaugural Season rollover, this will be our plan for all rollovers moving forward.

For more information about the upcoming Season rollover, click here. To get a sneak-peek at upcoming patch 2.1.2 changes, click here.

Thank you for your patience and support. We hope to see you in Sanctuary and Season 2!

As mentioned previously, February 3rd is the earliest date that we would be able to begin the Seasonal rollover, which means the patch could fall as early as next Tuesday. It's important to remember, however, that this is just the earliest date it may fall, and that it may change if the need arises.

Our current goal is to release patch 2.1.2 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on the same day. This may change depending on a variety of reasons, but we are indeed hoping to provide a simultaneous launch (or as close to one as possible).

Just been back in to this game after having lost my PS4 save, rolled Crusader this time and currently 70(50) but was struggling on Belial T2 getting to a point of him just spewing constant green explosions I'm assuming this is an enrage timer? Not sure what else I can do given that in terms of getting through trash it's a breeze.

BTW if anyone wants to add me my PSN is AbandonedTrolley

quest

Not Banned from OT
So what does this update mean for console players? I'm confused, I thought seasons was a PC only thing.

Ancient Legendary items, greater rift changes and changes to some set gear like the M6. Those are the main changes with 2.1.2. Seasons have nothing to do with the patch except timing of when it goes live since the game revolves around the PC version.

h3ro

So what does this update mean for console players? I'm confused, I thought seasons was a PC only thing.

We get all the balance changes and Ancient items/legendary loot but not the Season 2 specific stuff.

I'm hope now that Season 1 is over that Blizzard adds the S1 legendary loot to consoles. I need that crusader shield so I can run Condemn build!

quest

Not Banned from OT
We get all the balance changes and Ancient items/legendary loot but not the Season 2 specific stuff.

I'm hope now that Season 1 is over that Blizzard adds the S1 legendary loot to consoles. I need that crusader shield so I can run Condemn build!

Season is not over yet they are shooting for feb 3 as the end date. Then the next patch after that season items added to non season pools. I am sure the next patch for the consoles after season ends we will get seasonal items. I am looking forward to the condemn build to.

Laconic

Banned

If they do not at least toss us THAT bone, I do believe that I am done with the game, fullstop.

Console players ought not be deprived of Seasonal Items for wont of Seasons.

It is already dumb enough and bad enough design not letting us have them during the Seasons they first appear in.

Please, no retarded baby gerbil comments about entitlement. (Not directed at you)

Wanting parity of content isn't entitlement; particularly since there was parity of purchase price.

piggychan

You set me up good with that Akkhans set so thanks man. I'm gonna be farming for the ring of royal grandeur so I start making builds work, so not looking forward to this.

I got one of those RRoG today from a Horadric Cache from a bounty run not long ago.

Wesleyt

Neo Member
anybody want to add me and power level me a few levels to 70? i'm on psn. Wesleyt is my username. after playing a couple thousand hours on pc leveling a new character just feels like torture anymore.

Hobbun

Ancient Legendary items, greater rift changes and changes to some set gear like the M6. Those are the main changes with 2.1.2. Seasons have nothing to do with the patch except timing of when it goes live since the game revolves around the PC version.

So what kind of greater rift changes are planned?

Okay so still having issues beating an enrage timer on Belial T2 any ideas why guys? I'm assuming I need to change my skill tree as I'm pretty sure my gear isn't that bad as I'm strolling through trash.

gXrvP3N.jpg

nE8iFTJ.jpg

7Xa3aNC.jpg

29FEEwf.jpg

pTIChAl.jpg

stn

Is the fastest way to level up a character solo to do the following:

-Equip experience+ gems from a different lvl 70 character
-Grind bounties starting on hard

I'm on Act 2 of my hardcore playthrough, wondering how to plan my other 4 new character so I can get all the achievements.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Trolley -

Your Critical Hit Chance is very low and you have a ruby in your weapon. Your defense is also very high for purposes of Torment 2.

Max CC per slot; Gloves, 10. Hat, 6. Amulet, 10. Rings, 6 each. Bracers, 6. Prioritize raising CC at the expense of defense, put an emerald in that weapon, and watch what happens.

stn -

There is a Level 22 Cain's set which gives an XP bonus. Leoric's Signet drops at Level 16. Hellfire Rings give an XP bonus and have no level requirement.

Is the fastest way to level up a character solo to do the following:

-Equip experience+ gems from a different lvl 70 character
-Grind bounties starting on hard

I'm on Act 2 of my hardcore playthrough, wondering how to plan my other 4 new character so I can get all the achievements.

It's more important to put a flawless royal ruby (+damage) gem in your weapon, and I'd focus on other flawless royal gems that help the class/build rather than XP gems.

Also, as you level up that first character, keep an eye out for weapons with lowered level requirements or strong options to re-roll to a lowered level requirement. I think lowered weapon plus damage gem (until +crit gem matters) is the fastest pre-70 leveling.

NoWayOut

Got this during the holidays with my new PS4 and I love what Blizzard did with the game. I played few hundreds hours on PC, now I have my 1st 70 crusader on PS4 and I'm looking for other legit players to do rifts and levelling up.

Feel free to send me a friends request on PSN: NoWayOut_2k

Okay so still having issues beating an enrage timer on Belial T2 any ideas why guys? I'm assuming I need to change my skill tree as I'm pretty sure my gear isn't that bad as I'm strolling through trash.

Your DPS is too low. As others mentioned, increase your crit chance and replace the ruby in your weapon with the best emerald you can craft. And maybe reroll the vitality on your weapon into +x% increased damage.

Green gem in weapon pls

Trolley -

Your Critical Hit Chance is very low and you have a ruby in your weapon. Your defense is also very high for purposes of Torment 2.

Max CC per slot; Gloves, 10. Hat, 6. Amulet, 10. Rings, 6 each. Bracers, 6. Prioritize raising CC at the expense of defense, put an emerald in that weapon, and watch what happens.

stn -

There is a Level 22 Cain's set which gives an XP bonus. Leoric's Signet drops at Level 16. Hellfire Rings give an XP bonus and have no level requirement.

Thanks for the advice guys. Sadly some of my stuff had already been rolled on so already chosen the slot and some don't have a chance of crit. Will keep an eye out for new equal gear.

Got up to 29.5% now though and changed the gem, rolled a few other bits too.

Almost a 200k DPS increase, obviously still needs work but it's getting there.

Your DPS is too low. As others mentioned, increase your crit chance and replace the ruby in your weapon with the best emerald you can craft. And maybe reroll the vitality on your weapon into +x% increased damage.

The socket was a re-roll so can't do that unfortunately.

Hobbun

It's more important to put a flawless royal ruby (+damage) gem in your weapon

Wouldn't putting a Flawless Royal Emerald in the weapon be better? The extra 130% crit damage should far exceed the additional 280 damage for a Flawless Royal Ruby. As long as you have a decent crit chance.

Unless I am misreading how that extra damage is instituted, but I just feel an additional 280 damage is not all that much, at least for a Flawless Gem. Bizz should raise that like they did with the healing (with Amethysts).

Edit: Just read your recent post, good call on the emerald. Almost 30% is good crit chance, but keep always trying to raise it higher. You want to work towards seeing more yellow numbers than white.

Raptor

Jesus christ why the fuck did I sold this game.....

...I watch streams fot his game on a regular basis now that I dont have it :(

Soon..

Hey Sil whats up man!

Still looking for any XBONE good Samaritans who want to help a poor Crusader with some Akkan set pieces. Have the shoulders and boots and need at least a few more (have a RoRG)....

sam777

So I completed the game as a Demon Hunter last night on Xbox One. What should I do next? Start with a new character or is there some type of new game plus as I want to max my character level that is 51 at the moment.

So I completed the game as a Demon Hunter last night on Xbox One. What should I do next? Start with a new character or is there some type of new game plus as I want to max my character level that is 51 at the moment.

Yes! There is a new game plus (adventure mode, rifts, greater rifts). This is where D3 really begins.

So is there anything to do with the blood shards besides the mystery merchant? I maxed out and went through using them all on her I hopes to get something cool but got nothing but crap I ended up selling/salvaging.

Jrmint

So is there anything to do with the blood shards besides the mystery merchant? I maxed out and went through using them all on her I hopes to get something cool but got nothing but crap I ended up selling/salvaging.
Nope that's what they're for. You'll get legendaries eventually.

Top Bottom