• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Cyberpunk turn out to be the game you thought it would be after its reveal? If not, what is missing/different?

Remember how the game was supposed to have multiplayer, but they cancelled plans for it shortly after launch because of how buggy the game was?

Boggles my mind people consider this one of the best games ever, but I admit I haven't played since release day.

qbxwhi

was expecting gta level amount of quality, but of course that did not happen as thats tough for any game studio.

RAIDEN1

I never knew it would end up being as close to a new Deus Ex as we are likely to get for the next few years, I mean if you can put Keanu Reeves in it, then Adam Jensen would fit right in!!

Švejk

Banned
I had a blast playing it, but it didn't hit the deepness Deus Ex: HR hit. I guess I was expecting that for some reason. Nothing felt subterranean, just a few buildings or back alleys... Nothing like sneaking into a deep underground base. I wanted that but never got it.. If it was there, I didn't find it. Was hoping PL would have that, but haven't played it yet.

coffinbirth

giphy.gif

I thought the open world stuff would be better. It's still pretty lifeless and boring. It never manages to capture that living world feeling that makes playing GTA 5 so much fun.
The open world seems more like a backdrop like Mass Effect and less like a fully interactive RPG like Skyrim.

Nothing wrong with that when the story is good.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Release to completion was a 7/10 game for me.

Phantom liberty replay of base game and dlc was a 9/10 for me.

PL is one of my favorite stories I’ve recently played in a game too.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I honestly thought the world was more alive than GTA V. At least Cyberpunk actually had interiors. GTA V actually had bars and clubs open for certain missions but closed the rest of the time.

Not saying Cyberpunk is perfect by any means but it does do some things better than other games.
Yeah when people talk about the world not feeling "alive" they really just mean the NPCs don't do much and there isn't good driving or cop AI. That's all it is.

And those things have been improved a lot in 2.0, though driving AI in particular is still not up to GTA standards.

Top Bottom