• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Gatomon had different coloured feet, one yellow and one yellowish green, tentomon was fine didn't notice anything else irregular. The boxes they come in suck so bad.

I don't even have space to display these figures but I still buy them ~_~
... Because they look awesome.

Yeah I'll get space when I move one day, but for now storage so they stay nice >_>

Didin't notice that with my Tailmon, but the boxes were terrible, yup. I accidentally completely ripped off the entire bottom of one because it came off so quickly. They used some really strong/thick glue for them.

There are translations up for the Famitsu scan.

More stuff about Digimon cooperation and how it's possible they might defend each other in battle. :3

Might be interesting if you can have an offense-based Digimon set to attack while having a defense-based Digimon protecting them.

There is also talk of a "Cheer System" in which the protagonist cheering on the Digimon, after they make a good move, can increase their power.

Stuart444

There are translations up for the Famitsu scan.

More stuff about Digimon cooperation and how it's possible they might defend each other in battle. :3

Might be interesting if you can have an offense-based Digimon set to attack while having a defense-based Digimon protecting them.

There is also talk of a "Cheer System" in which the protagonist cheering on the Digimon, after they make a good move, can increase their power.

1. I really like the sound of that. Seems like a good mechanic if you're getting 2 Digimon to come with you.

2. A cheer system seems like a good evolution of the praise/scold system. Also reminds me a bit of SAO games with it's praise system for the AI partner. Need to see how they handle it in this game of course though.

It will be interesting to see how far they take the two Digimon dynamic. I didn't realize how much potential it had besides the obvious jogress stuff. Of course, there is a lot of potential for the v-pet Digimon World games in general.

Edit: A Dualshockers interview with Kazumasa Habu (Cyber Sleuth producer) also came out today. I find it pretty interesting how much he has been referencing the petition in his interviews. It's hard to say how influential it was, but it's always nice to be noticed. :p

It seems like they want the Western sales to match Japanese sales (I think about 130,000?). He says there is a "high possibility" that more games would be localized if that were to happen.

Labadal

Cyber Sleuth will get a PS4 physical release in Germany, Italy and United Kingdom.

I don't know if more countries will be confirmed.

New details for Next Order in V-Jump. They revealed a new character (a girl named Rushu), showed Taomon in the game, and most importantly, revealed Dukemon Crimson Mode. So there's one notable absence from Cyber Sleuth resolved already.

New details for Next Order in V-Jump. They revealed a new character (a girl named Rushu), showed Taomon in the game, and most importantly, revealed Dukemon Crimson Mode. So there's one notable absence from Cyber Sleuth resolved already.

Not that I'm a master of Katakana or anything, but it looks like it might be a foreign name to me, considering that blonde hair and blue eyes are the mark of all Westerners. :p

But I can't puzzle out what the name would be... "Lucia"? Maybe I'm wrong.

Dukemon Crimson Mode (and maybe Beelzebumon Blast Mode) being in might be a good sign for Burst Modes.

Not that I'm a master of Katakana or anything, but it looks like it might be a foreign name to me, considering that blonde hair and blue eyes are the mark of all Westerners. :p

But I can't puzzle out what the name would be... "Lucia"? Maybe I'm wrong.

Dukemon Crimson Mode (and maybe Beelzebumon Blast Mode) being in might be a good sign for Burst Modes.

Yeah, the name could honestly be any number of different names, so I just went for a straight transliteration until we get some sense of what exactly they're going for. Hopefully they'll romanize her name at some point so we don't all sit around writing it out thirty-six different ways.

Burst Modes would be very welcome. Crimson Mode gives me hope that Next Order is going to give us a bunch more mode changes and extra forms compared to Cyber Sleuth.

^^Makes sense, I can't think of a 100% perfect translation for it. Maybe it's Rush, haha.

And along with adding Burst Modes, I would like to see X-Antibody Digimon make a return from Re: Digitize as well.

^^Makes sense, I can't think of a 100% perfect translation for it. Maybe it's Rush, haha.

And along with adding Burst Modes, I would like to see X-Antibody Digimon make a return from Re: Digitize as well.

Yeah, the lack of X-Antibodies was one of my biggest disappointments with Cyber Sleuth's roster. (that and only 3 armor Digimon, but I don't expect Armors for Next Order as a World game). I'd like to see a decent selection of them. It would seem to me like a relatively simple thing to do at least 20-30 X-Antibody Digimon, since the original models could at least be used as a base for a lot of them.

Hopefully if nothing else, we can at least get the X-Antibody versions for the main evolutionary lines of the four starters.

oti

Banned
So Netflx has something called Digimon Fusion and I'm watching the first episode right now and it seems to be TERRIBAD!

So Netflx has something called Digimon Fusion and I'm watching the first episode right now and it seems to be TERRIBAD!

Under no circumstances should you watch the dub for Xros Wars (Fusion), it completely ruins the show. Not saying you'll like regular Xros Wars, but the dub would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

This advice can also be applied to every other Digimon series as well.

Whether it be nostalgia or my respect for bad jokes, I find the first three (maybe four?) seasons' dubs to be ten times better than what Savers and Xros Wars got.

I don't think Savers is even coherent as a story in English.

Stuart444

Whether it be nostalgia or my respect for bad jokes, I find the first three (maybe four?) seasons' dubs to be ten times better than what Savers and Xros Wars got.

Not seen all of it but I found the Savers dub to be fine. Name changes excluded.

Never seen the Xros Wars dub but considering how boring I found the series, I doubt the dub will change my opinion on it for better or worse.

First 3 seasons dubs are the best ones (movies included). 4th is fine as well (I love the op theme <3 ).

Main thing I disliked about Savers was the op being brutalized. As in the visuals. The song was fine but the visuals felt too tacked together. :/

I hope the next season for Fusion gets old the old voice actors back. But seeing how they botched up Super Megaforce, I'm not optimistic

Generally with anime and games, a lot gets lost in translation, past the bad casting choices, certain tones+undertones are lost and with stuff like digimon which they aim at kids they take this to another level.
I liked the dubs up to savers, it kinda sounded weird.

The first two seasons dubs are probably some of the worst English language dubs ever produced. Tamers was marginally less terrible, but it still was pretty bad. I'm not sure that there's ever been a passable localization for this franchise.

The first two seasons dubs are probably some of the worst English language dubs ever produced. Tamers was marginally less terrible, but it still was pretty bad. I'm not sure that there's ever been a passable localization for this franchise.

You can think they are bad, but some of the worst? Nah, man, nah. There are some reaaaaally bad dubs out there.

Just the simple fact that the voice actors sound like human beings and don't make you want to rip off your ears could tell you that.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You can think they are bad, but some of the worst? Nah, man, nah. There are some reaaaaally bad dubs out there.

Just the simple fact that the voice actors sound like human beings and don't make you want to rip off your ears could tell you that.

As a dub? Not bad. As a localization? Pretty bad, but the movie still beats it out as my top worst localized anime ever.

But yeah there's definitely bad dubs out there. Trying to find that one infamous bad dub, but I can't find the language. I DID come across the Filipino english dub. Ok, I have NOT seen this before! Wow.... they kept the names and music, but those voices.... Yeah, the western english version is um not nearly as bad :p

EDIT: FOUND IT! Forget what language, but they all sound so bored :p

EDIT2: Ah Finnish, thought so. Here's another clip :p

As a dub? Not bad. As a localization? Pretty bad, but the movie still beats it out as my top worst localized anime ever.

But yeah there's definitely bad dubs out there. Trying to find that one infamous bad dub, but I can't find the language. I DID come across the Filipino english dub. Ok, I have NOT seen this before! Wow.... they kept the names and music, but those voices.... Yeah, the western english version is um not nearly as bad :p

EDIT: FOUND IT! Forget what language, but they all sound so bored :p

I still think Digimon is nowhere near the worst, even in terms of localization. The 80's and 90's are filled with other anime that would give it a run for its money.

Stiff writing, literal translations, and scripts that didn't even pretend to know what was going on plagued those decades.

I mean, we live in a world with Garzey's Wing people.

Yeah, the voice actors are competent English speakers, but everything else about the dub is just atrociously bad.

The scripts are some of the worst localized scripts ever produced. The movie takes the cake, but 02 is a close second. The name changes are gratuitous, the characters are all butchered beyond belief, and on top of all of that, they completely ruined the score.

I feel confident in saying that 02's dub is worse than 4Kids One Piece dub, and probably topped only by the Card Captor Sakura dub as far as terrible anime dubs in the US (for TV shows, obviously the movie tops everything).

Yeah, the voice actors are competent English speakers, but everything else about the dub is just atrociously bad.

The scripts are some of the worst localized scripts ever produced. The movie takes the cake, but 02 is a close second. The name changes are gratuitous, the characters are all butchered beyond belief, and on top of all of that, they completely ruined the score.

I feel confident in saying that 02's dub is worse than 4Kids One Piece dub, and probably topped only by the Card Captor Sakura dub as far as terrible anime dubs in the US (for TV shows, obviously the movie tops everything).

I watched all those as a kid... Other than one piece the others didn't seem bad to me, i guess they know how to market to kids, even if it means turning it into a shell of the japanese version.

AUS region is kinda PAL, but kinda not. I always get confused with it. Looks like they're getting it too.

That's good news. I know some Australians were wondering if they'd get it.

Edit: Bluefin announced WarGreymon (OWG) is being released May 2016 for $59.99. He comes with "Doramon Killer". Poor Doramon.

Next Order website updated, this time with more info on gameplay mechanics and the new character "Luche" (that's what the images on the website call her).

YppSyEN.png

Siliconera has an article up.

I really like the artsyle of these characters from recent Digimon games. Despite the fact I'm ok with Tri artstyle, I'd love if the upcoming anime had this instead.

That's good news. I know some Australians were wondering if they'd get it.

Edit: Bluefin announced WarGreymon (OWG) is being released May 2016 for $59.99. He comes with "Doramon Killer". Poor Doramon.

What's that? Are they talking about his claws? Why's that a feature... So many questions ~_~.
Yup this new art style is much nicer/unique. I prefer the new order designs to the RE digitized/Cyber sleuth ones though.

Also, does anybody know if they sell the crane game merch for reasonable prices in Japan? My brothers going in December so I'd like him to pic me up a shiton of merch, but i dont think he'll want to waste time+money on crane games.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Nice :) Still waiting on the other 2 releases which still have yet to get shown on Amazon...

Also, does anybody know if they sell the crane game merch for reasonable prices in Japan? My brothers going in December so I'd like him to pic me up a shiton of merch, but i dont think he'll want to waste time+money on crane games.

Crane games themselves are fairly easy if you know what to do, and are cheap if you're good at them :p I'm not sure if you can even outright buy them there. Online, definitely though. I'm not sure who makes the new ones though, but you can always try searching online too. Lots of import sites sell single crane items.

Nice :) Still waiting on the other 2 releases which still have yet to get shown on Amazon...

Crane games themselves are fairly easy if you know what to do, and are cheap if you're good at them :p I'm not sure if you can even outright buy them there. Online, definitely though. I'm not sure who makes the new ones though, but you can always try searching online too. Lots of import sites sell single crane items.

Banpresto according to the bokutachi blog , I don't think it's worth importing them since they don't seem like high quality items... The crane games, in the UK atleast only let you once after x amount of times of the machine being played on ... Are they actually fair in Japan? Also, any links on how to win at japanese crane games.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Banpresto according to the bokutachi blog , I don't think it's worth importing them since they don't seem like high quality items... The crane games, in the UK atleast only let you once after x amount of times of the machine being played on ... Are they actually fair in Japan? Also, any links on how to win at japanese crane games.

I eBay'd Banpresto and only found the 90's plush. For crane games, they are fair, but you do need still. I believe in Japan they do hand them out to you (if you spent enough money) after trying a few times.

As for how to with the cranes, it depends which one you do. Some are simply where you just scoop them, some you need to push them in, and the BIG claws I just learned how they work: when you grip an item, you hit the button again to tighten the grip. Saw someone do it recently and before, just thought they were rigged, but saw people winning from them!

The Advance Premiere for Tri is tomorrow. Hopefully, it is well-received. If a bunch of hyper-excited fans don't like it, that's bad news.

What's that? Are they talking about his claws? Why's that a feature... So many questions ~_~.

I didn't even know the original WarGreymon's Dramon Killers came off until I got him and read the instructions. Maybe they wanted to make it more obvious?

It also looks like this one doesn't come with Gaia Force (which, honestly, isn't much of a loss).

Amazon and Bluefin are still having issues it seems... you think they would have sorted it all out by now.

Looks like it's coming along nicely, weird lightning/colour issues seen agian on Dynasmon ~_~

The Advance Premiere for Tri is tomorrow. Hopefully, it is well-received. If a bunch of hyper-excited fans don't like it, that's bad news.

I didn't even know the original WarGreymon's Dramon Killers came off until I got him and read the instructions. Maybe they wanted to make it more obvious?

It also looks like this one doesn't come with Gaia Force (which, honestly, isn't much of a loss).

Amazon and Bluefin are still having issues it seems... you think they would have sorted it all out by now.

The d arts ones size is so dissapointing though. The gaia force looks bad as well.
Eh,sometimes the super fans don't have very good taste. Also, now we need to watch out for spoilers.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Blehhhh. Crunchyroll has the movie Wargreymon up already, but still waiting for them to get their Wargreymon stock in. Came out in August, so how/why are they getting shipmenrs in so late? Won't be getting through them again.

Top Bottom