• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Yeah, although that Kotaku list is a really strange mixture of dub names and Japanese names, with some of the more interesting official romanizations (hello there "Orgemon") thrown in for good measure. It's quite odd.

Yeah... I think the guy must have named the ones he recognized by their dub names and ones he didn't by the Japanese name.

They're preview images to show how the anime will look, doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in the anime but that's how the anime will look. Magazine scans aren't allowed here apparently so here's the with the will link :
http://withthewill.net/threads/15349-New-Digimon-Adventure-tri-Magazine-info-and-Discussion-thread

Mimi and Jou are part of a poster that will be included in the next issue of Newtype.

Edit: ^^ It's okay to post scans as long as they are from the company itself.

Thanks!

Gematsu Interview with Cyber Sleuth's producer - http://gematsu.com/2015/10/interview-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-producer-kazumasa-habu-nycc-2015

Something interesting =O :

In North America, and just recently confirmed for select European countries, there will be a physical release for PlayStation 4. Is there a possibility we’ll see a limited run physical release for PS Vita, as well?

(Habu signals to Bandai Namco PR rep.)

Bandai Namco PR rep: “Come to our panel on Sunday

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Stuart444

Just finished reading it, and if that's the case, I MAY even buy both versions... >_> I'm still more inclined to buy for PS4 (big tv, better picture etc) but on the go would be nice too... Especially if cross-save was implemented some how, even better!

Cross save was confirmed during the recent stream.

Look down the page a bit.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Cross save was confirmed during the recent stream.

Look down the page a bit.

That IS nice then :) Ah, what a year to live in where they actually have Digimon repected by fans, coming back, with TONS of merch! Maybe just maybe, we can get subbed DVD/blu ray sets out here too, one day... (I look forward to clearing out my HDD of episodes when that happens...)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did anything get announced? Looked like the Namco RPG panel happened 3 hours ago (with east coast time zones) but I haven't heard any news at all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So we have a date, but what about that Vita hint? If it was a "sorry no" they would've said so, but no news anywhere on physical Vita from that panel.

So we have a date, but what about that Vita hint? If it was a "sorry no" they would've said so, but no news anywhere on physical Vita from that panel.

I swear there was only one guy who went to this thing, lol.

nCtyQWW.png

I can't tell how accurate this info is.

To think we are living in the age of the internet, and can't find simple information like this.

This is the suffering of a western Digimon fan.

I would say its understandable if the usual guy who updates for them isn't working cause its a Sunday

I find it more hilarious that literally only one person actually reported what happened at the panel

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
How sad... Even Namco hasn't put it up, despite making posts on Twitter/FB all weekend. No Gematsu or Siliconera news either...

Pau

A few questions:

1) Is the sub for Tamers substantially better than the dub?
2) Online it says that Netflix has Tamers both subbed and dubbed, but I can only find the dubbed version. Was it removed?

A few questions:

1) Is the sub for Tamers substantially better than the dub?
2) Online it says that Netflix has Tamers both subbed and dubbed, but I can only find the dubbed version. Was it removed?

1) Yes, though, as far as Digimon dubs go, the Tamers dub is the best and most faithful.
2) They removed it back in September, which sucks, because that was the only legal way to see it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda dirty on the PR though, but it's nice to see quite a bit of DLC coming with it!

You guys better have your copies down and pre-ordered too! I sacrificed myself by getting the fighting game last year at full price pre-order for everyone :p

Kinda dirty on the PR though, but it's nice to see quite a bit of DLC coming with it!

You guys better have your copies down and pre-ordered too! I sacrificed myself by getting the fighting game last year at full price pre-order for everyone :p

I bought that thing at full price with no regrets and I have Cyber Sleuth preordered at 20% off (thanks BestBuy.ca for a well timed sale)

Stuart444

So did I and I enjoyed it somewhat :p it wasn't horrible (though it wasn't great). It's just not what Digimon fans wanted at the time which led to a lot of it's backlash imo.

But now we're getting this so it's time to speak with our wallets and show that we want Digimon games in the west :D.

Also exclusive Digimon? YES :D I was already going to purchase it but I feel a little better knowing that the new release will 1. be on a different console to what I already experienced it on and 2. Will have 2 new Digimon for me to get :D.

Makes it feel a little fresher. (plus it's so much easier to share pics via PS4, I am going to have a field day with it :D )

The exclusive Digimon is a crappy practice in my opinion, it's great for us in the West, but what if the same thing happens next year but Japan get the exclusives =/. Although it is nice to see BN caring about the western community.

Stuart444

The exclusive Digimon is a crappy practice in my opinion, it's great for us in the West, but what if the same thing happens next year but Japan get the exclusives =/. Although it is nice to see BN caring about the western community.

I think it's a fair price for having to wait :p I doubt it will happen in Japan without a re-release of a game. (ie DeCode but likely the only re-release of CS would be the PS4 port being released in Japan lol)

Plus it's good marketing to help try and sell it in the west.

Gotta try and make the best of it.

I think it's a fair price for having to wait :p I doubt it will happen in Japan without a re-release of a game. (ie DeCode but likely the only re-release of CS would be the PS4 port being released in Japan lol)

Plus it's good marketing to help try and sell it in the west.

Gotta try and make the best of it.

I'm happy, but I don't want Omegamon locked behind a pay wall *_*
The pre-order bonuses are a great idea - despite what some of GAF/online gaming communities say =P.

Stuart444

I'm happy, but I don't want Omegamon locked behind a pay wall *_*
The pre-order bonuses are a great idea - despite what some of GAF/online gaming communities say =P.

And he won't be ever I'm certain. Too popular haha. :)

Plus this confirms we're getting Omegamon Zwart which is awesome. I felt awesome getting him in the JP release, going to look forward to getting him again in the western release.

<3

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So did I and I enjoyed it somewhat :p it wasn't horrible (though it wasn't great). It's just not what Digimon fans wanted at the time which led to a lot of it's backlash imo.

To be honest, I haven't even had time to play it :/ I was planning on it last year, but personal life crap got in the way and I shelved it. Still want to play it. Just sucks to see it at $20 now when I have yet to touch it :p

If I were the betting type, I would say that they have making more models for future Digimon games ever since releasing Cyber Sleuth and decided to throw in these two for the western release just because.

I feel a little annoyed that there are two Digimon exclusive to the western release, but hopefully they'll at least be included in Next Order for sure.

But it would be nice if they threw these two on the Japanese PSN.

If I were the betting type, I would say that they have making more models for future Digimon games ever since releasing Cyber Sleuth and decided to throw in these two for the western release just because.
But it's being released for Japanese ps4 as well right? It just reminds me of how I couldn't have all the pokemon without buying a copy of another game, I like that they've done it, but would've been salty af if I was on the other fence. Mainly because bbmon is in my top 10 or 20.I don't even have an issue with digimon being pre order bonuses but locking them out of a whole region isn't good practice

I feel a little annoyed that there are two Digimon exclusive to the western release, but hopefully they'll at least be included in Next Order for sure.

But it would be nice if they threw these two on the Japanese PSN.

Yeah, and Taiwan should get them too. I have a feeling that it's because the game is releasing next year in the west, that we are getting them. It is closer to the Next Order release.

But it's being released for Japanese ps4 as well right? It just reminds me of how I couldn't have all the pokemon without buying a copy of another game, I like that they've done it, but would've been salty af if I was on the other fence. Mainly because bbmon is in my top 10 or 20.I don't even have an issue with digimon being pre order bonuses but locking them out of a whole region isn't good practice

No, Japan's not getting the PS4/updated version. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Digimon GEM boxsets came in today :) The box they came in is actually pretty nice, so I'm keeping it, along with the little boxes. Shame they don't open easy on the top, so I kinda wreaked one. Opened them from the bottom and only some.

They look great, but the paintjob varies... Tentomon unfortunately had paint flaws on his face and spikes :/ Some need assembly, like Tailmon who comes in 3 pieces!

Will get photos when I can (aka "free time")

cyber sleuth? nothing on japan side for ps4 version

Thought so, but I became unsure after realizing that I haven't been paying attention to any Japanese news on the game for awhile. I think Bamco's just going to be pushing Next Order for now.

I wonder if Japanese fans are upset that Taiwan and the west are getting a "better" version or if they even care.

My Digimon GEM boxsets came in today :) The box they came in is actually pretty nice, so I'm keeping it, along with the little boxes. Shame they don't open easy on the top, so I kinda wreaked one. Opened them from the bottom and only some.

They look great, but the paintjob varies... Tentomon unfortunately had paint flaws on his face and spikes :/ Some need assembly, like Tailmon who comes in 3 pieces!

Too bad about the paint job on some of them, but it's got to be cool to have all those Digimon together.

It would be neat if they do a release for the 02 Digimon next.

Stuart444

Isn't there some nico event this month? 21st or something I think (I forget, it was at the end of the latest Tri PV or something wasn't it?)

edit: From GAFs own RyougaSaotome's twitter:

Digimon World -Next Order-. New character. Himari Oofuchi and her partner Rikka. 3rd year at MC's school.

From weekly Famitsu.

Isn't there some nico event this month? 21st or something I think (I forget, it was at the end of the latest Tri PV or something wasn't it?)

edit: From GAFs own RyougaSaotome's twitter:

From weekly Famitsu.

On the 23rd there is an advance screening of Tri and on the 25th Nico Nico is having a "special live cast".

Stuart444

On the 23rd there is an advance screening of Tri and on the 25th Nico Nico is having a "special live cast".

Knew there was something. Wonder if we'll hear anything or get a final PV or something.

Not that I'm too bothered now, it's just about a month and a week until the Cinema/itunes/etc release.

Yeah, and Taiwan should get them too. I have a feeling that it's because the game is releasing next year in the west, that we are getting them. It is closer to the Next Order release.

No, Japan's not getting the PS4/updated version. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

cyber sleuth? nothing on japan side for ps4 version

Thought so, but I became unsure after realizing that I haven't been paying attention to any Japanese news on the game for awhile. I think Bamco's just going to be pushing Next Order for now.

I wonder if Japanese fans are upset that Taiwan and the west are getting a "better" version or if they even care.
Oh, that sucks. Apparently the digimon are PS4 exclusive so I dunno how to feel about this anymore. Apparently handheld is more popular in Japan than consoles so I guess only the die hard fans would care.

Mine are still in transit -_-

Knew there was something. Wonder if we'll hear anything or get a final PV or something.

Not that I'm too bothered now, it's just about a month and a week until the Cinema/itunes/etc release.
I wasn't counting the days... I am now lol, it's so soon ;_;.

Also, more Digimon merch announced...

Posters: - All of the S01 digimon have their tri art with the old/young styled digidestined. Pretty cool.
10bmwLixktds.jpg

Badges
I0HHzgoJ176R.jpg

Source: http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oooo more 02 stuff is trickling out! (Burn anything that ends up being Kenyako..) Would be great if we get to see Tamers popping up eventually :)

Oooo more 02 stuff is trickling out! (Burn anything that ends up being Kenyako..) Would be great if we get to see Tamers popping up eventually :)

I just want baby plushies for the three main partners in tamers.

This fanmade poster got me so hyped for tamers S02, maybe if Tri blows up.

Code:
[IMG]http://shotasekai.net/v2/wp-content/gallery/galeria-digimon/302.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, that sucks. Apparently the digimon are PS4 exclusive so I dunno how to feel about this anymore. Apparently handheld is more popular in Japan than consoles so I guess only the die hard fans would care.

I'm pretty sure that the digital PS4/Vita versions will get the DLC too, like other Bamco releases. If they don't, that would suck and cause a lot of anger.

If I was a Japanese Cyber Sleuth fan, I would be a bit peeved that I didn't get the NG+, change difficulty version of the game. The easiness was a big complaint over there too.

Who knows, maybe they'll get a Cyber Sleuth: Decode or something eventually.

If Tamers merchandise started coming out, it would kill my wallet.

I'd only be okay with a Tamers sequel if Konaka was writing it. Otherwise, don't even bother.

That's how I feel. Reading his notes about Tamers makes it look like he was very integral to its awesomeness.

Edit: SH Figuarts WarGreymon (Our War Game version) will be 5616 yen

owgfiguarts_wargrey2.jpg

owgfiguarts_wargrey4.jpg

Looks a lot better in these professional shots. Dat Taichi stand.

My Gatomon had different coloured feet, one yellow and one yellowish green, tentomon was fine didn't notice anything else irregular. The boxes they come in suck so bad.
I'm pretty sure that the digital PS4/Vita versions will get the DLC too, like other Bamco releases. If they don't, that would suck and cause a lot of anger.

If I was a Japanese Cyber Sleuth fan, I would be a bit peeved that I didn't get the NG+, change difficulty version of the game. The easiness was a big complaint over there too.

Who knows, maybe they'll get a Cyber Sleuth: Decode or something eventually.

If Tamers merchandise started coming out, it would kill my wallet.

That's how I feel. Reading his notes about Tamers makes it look like he was very integral to its awesomeness.

Edit: SH Figuarts WarGreymon (Our War Game version) will be 5616 yen

owgfiguarts_wargrey2.jpg

owgfiguarts_wargrey4.jpg

Looks a lot better in these professional shots. Dat Taichi stand.
I don't even have space to display these figures but I still buy them ~_~
... Because they look awesome.

Top Bottom