• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Speaking of

http://digimon-adventure.net/eng/

The website has been updated since last I looked at it (quite a while ago). Must mean good things for the west. Official sub by early next year maybe? (dub by end of next year?)

Not sure but we'll see.

It was updated earlier today. I went through the barebones version yesterday to get to the Japanese site.

Everything happens when Paper Sparrow is asleep.

Would be nice to have a good official sub for this. Note the "good" there.

Is today's screening the one that the Blu-Rays of the movie being sold? I want my Digimon fix and Cyber Sleuth is still so far away T_T.

Stuart444

It was updated earlier today. I went through the barebones version yesterday to get to the Japanese site.

Everything happens when Paper Sparrow is asleep.

Would be nice to have a good official sub for this. Note the "good" there.

Anything more consistent than the Netflix subs would be good. They were generally okay but consistency with terms/names was rather bad. (using BelialVamdemon in one ep and MaloMyotismon in another).

Is today's screening the one that the Blu-Rays of the movie being sold? I want my Digimon fix and Cyber Sleuth is still so far away T_T.

As was said above, that's next month along with it's release digitally on Itunes and stuff.

The official BD/DVD (available outside of the screenings) is due out in December.

The English website is weirdly inconsistent. If everyone is going by their Japanese names and the attacks are the Japanese versions (Baby Flame) why not have Piyomon and Tailmon? Why DigiDestined and not Chosen Children?

Just choose one dammit! :p

Anything more consistent than the Netflix subs would be good. They were generally okay but consistency with terms/names was rather bad. (using BelialVamdemon in one ep and MaloMyotismon in another).

It would be nice if the writing wasn't as wooden too. The official sub makes the kids talk like robots.

Stuart444

The English website is weirdly inconsistent. If everyone is going by their Japanese names and the attacks are the Japanese versions (Baby Flame) why not have Piyomon and Tailmon? Why DigiDestined and not Chosen Children?

Just choose one dammit! :p

It would be nice if the writing wasn't as wooden too. The official sub makes the kids talk like robots.

Probably just trying to be as direct as possible :p.

As for name changes, probably because most people are used to the localized names of the Digimon and the term Digidestined? While attack names are like "whatever"*

*That may be how they see it, I don't know, I'm just guessing. Also could be the people translating are choosing what they prefer rather than doing it all one way or the other lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not good...

We have been informed that Amazon will not be reinstating any cancelled pre-orders.
via Bluefin's FB

Well, that really really sucks... I feel like this is on Amazon's side of things from the FB messages we've been seeing, sounds like Bluefin had been trying to work with them. Huh... Guess it's time to go shopping at cons, where Bluefin has booths.

Amazon Germany has the Cyber Sleuth release date set as February 26th. Obviously not an official confirmation or anything, but it is in a reasonable time frame.

Bamco EU seems to have an interest in doing another Cyber Sleuth stream, maybe they'd announce a date there.

Probably just trying to be as direct as possible :p.

As for name changes, probably because most people are used to the localized names of the Digimon and the term Digidestined? While attack names are like "whatever"*

*That may be how they see it, I don't know, I'm just guessing. Also could be the people translating are choosing what they prefer rather than doing it all one way or the other lol.

As long as Gatomon stays Gatomon throughout the sub, I won't mind. >.>

Not good...

Well, that really really sucks... I feel like this is on Amazon's side of things from the FB messages we've been seeing, sounds like Bluefin had been trying to work with them. Huh... Guess it's time to go shopping at cons, where Bluefin has booths.

Blah.

It would probably be a good idea to preorder from other places for the time being, until they get their act together, but that Amazon shipping. ;_;

Stuart444

There's a thread over at WtW :

http://withthewill.net/threads/15377-tri-episode-1-Spoilers

Haven't looked at it myself.

Some pics form the event+new merch announced.

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/tri-advance-premier.html

Digicolle 3 is on the way and there's cellphone straps coming as well.

Just from the first page, I can see people will be freaking out about stuff with no context (not to mention seeing it in writing and seeing it properly are two different things)

Gonna spoiler tag this for people who didn't click the link :)

Tailmon not evolving disappoints me though.
Assuming Movie 4 to be canon, no one should be surprised about Omegamon >.>
Hikari and Takeru has changed the most? We'll see...
Taichi not being willing to jump in as much. Didn't we have an interview about that and how he thinks more than he did before? Due to being older.
Joe had to study. Who here is surprised? :p
02 Kids being teased for later?

Can't wait to see it myself. like the thread said, a lot of this will be interpretations and stuff anyway.

Not to keen on reading spoilers myself. Not that I mind being spoiled on Tri, but not only are you reading potentially out-of-context things, you are relying on translations being accurate.

I'm more curious about the general consensus of the movie. Would be nice to have fan reviews of it or something like that.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not to keen on reading spoilers myself. Not that I mind being spoiled on Tri, but not only are you reading potentially out-of-context things, you are relying on translations being accurate.

I'm more curious about the general consensus of the movie. Would be nice to have fan reviews of it or something like that.

Curiosity got the better of me, and they are pretty vague spoilers that don't tell too much really, but for those going dark on it all, then I guess you would want to avoid any info at all.

I am curious as to what fans viewing it thought though. Just out of curiosity... The wait for this to get subbed :x

Stuart444

I'm not relying on them or anything. I'm just curious to see what people will be freaking out about on tumblr/twitter/etc so I can laugh at people freaking out over out of context things.

Par for the course with the internet and all lol.

I'm saving my actual opinions until I've actually seen the OVA but I gather I'll see some random stuff on wtw or twitter before then so it's nice to know what out of context things people are talking about lol

am curious as to what fans viewing it thought though. Just out of curiosity... The wait for this to get subbed :x

Still got a bit to wait anyway. Next months the official release and I'm not sure if any speed sub groups will be interested. The best sub group (Ryuu) will hopefully do it at some point before the end of the year.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Still got a bit to wait anyway. Next months the official release and I'm not sure if any speed sub groups will be interested. The best sub group (Ryuu) will hopefully do it at some point before the end of the year.

SOMEONE WILL. It's always hard with older kid shows, since you only ever get the one group subbing them with little interest :/ Digimon as a whole has been done by a few groups, fortunately. Pokemon thankfully has the one (will take forever :p) because everyone else keeps dropping it when a new season starts, and it's another case of more people wanting to watch it, per people who want to work on it.

Stuart444

SOMEONE WILL. It's always hard with older kid shows, since you only ever get the one group subbing them with little interest :/ Digimon as a whole has been done by a few groups, fortunately. Pokemon thankfully has the one (will take forever :p) because everyone else keeps dropping it when a new season starts, and it's another case of more people wanting to watch it, per people who want to work on it.

I know someone will sub it but 'speed subbing' is another thing. It may get some attention because of the Adventure label but Digimon itself has never been a popular thing for speed subbing.

I'm happy to wait for Ryuu subs assuming they do it. It is a 90 minute thing as well so we'll see how long it takes for someone to sub it.

Stuart444

First 5mins of the first movie Reunion

Edit - better quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNsOo6xa0qQ&feature=youtu.be

HOLY SHIT THEY KILLED OF S02...Yeeeeeessss, but no Ken T_T,

^spoilers based on this preview, now to wait a month ;_;

So apparently that was shown on the Nico stream...

What a fucking TEASE ;_:

What the hell happened to the 02 cast and why are the original not involved with it. I'm guessing we'll be seeing the 02 cast come OVA2 or 3 and we'll find out what the hell happened.

Can't wait to see the first OVA now. :D

Regarding that spoiler from the first 5 minutes:

I've been out of the loop -- have they announced a reissue of the D-3? Really interested in their plans now that we've seen the 02 CC.

Stuart444

I've been out of the loop -- have they announced a reissue of the D-3? Really interested in their plans now that we've seen the 02 CC.

Don't think they have announced a reissue. That was probably a set up for the future OVAs but I still wonder why they are on their own in that fight. But again, will probably be answered eventually >.>.

I think there was a flyer of that a couple of months ago?

EDIT- Yup a remake was announced or something... I haven't seen it online though
http://withthewill.net/threads/15126-Zero-Two-15th-Anniversary-D-3-Pre-orders-on-July-29th

So apparently that was shown on the Nico stream...

What a fucking TEASE ;_:

What the hell happened to the 02 cast and why are the original not involved with it. I'm guessing we'll be seeing the 02 cast come OVA2 or 3 and we'll find out what the hell happened.

Can't wait to see the first OVA now. :D

I linked to the stream first,didn't know what it was,but it was at 360p so I updated the link to just the video.
They're not in their world anymore,seems like Alphamon took them out, maybe the original canon was a divergence or something which is why Alphamon took them out, there's something about two worlds becoming one at the start as well/becoming the true world.

EDIT- or it might be because d3 could open gates to the digital world?

We'll probably know in a couple of hours once it gets subbed.

EDIT 2 - Bokutachi have a post up about the stream,new merch announced and what happens in the preview:

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/tri-special-live-boardcast-contain.html

Don't think they have announced a reissue. That was probably a set up for the future OVAs but I still wonder why they are on their own in that fight. But again, will probably be answered eventually >.>.

I think there was a flyer of that a couple of months ago?

EDIT- Yup a remake was announced or something... I haven't seen it online though
http://withthewill.net/threads/15126-Zero-Two-15th-Anniversary-D-3-Pre-orders-on-July-29th

Thanks you guys. This is some exciting stuff!

If you would have told me that Digimon would have a heavily supported comeback in 2015 while I was scrambling to find episodes of Frontier on UPN or waiting for something post-Savers, I would have never believed you. This is a great time to be a Digimon fan.

Stuart444

EDIT- or it might be because d3 could open gates to the digital world?

Well according to early spoilers from before pre-screening,
Takeru and Hikari have their D3s so I think it's more than that...

But like I said, probably a set up and we won't find out what happened for months. Lovely ;_;

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh I really want to get the Our War Game figures, but... Crunchy... and I hate how they charge you immediately for pre-orders :/ There's not much choice though at this point... Hmmmm.... Rightstuf has carried GEM figures, but none of the Digimon Figuarts yet...

Edit - better quality

Yo, we finally got to see
Taichi wake up in the morning.

We've come a long way.

And the reason
the 02 team lost is because Miyako and Iori are useless without Hikari and Takeru,
lol.

Stuart444

Yo, we finally got to see
Taichi wake up in the morning.

We've come a long way.

And the reason
the 02 team lost is because Miyako and Iori are useless without Hikari and Takeru,
lol.

Hahahaha, yes we finally did. :D

And yeah, 4 vs a Royal Knight (assuming he's considered one in this...), a Mega level Digimon. Why are they facing him. And it really does look like they killed them off instead of just defeating them like you would expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEIu6-lciA

That sums up my feelings.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As much as I don't like 02 cast... too much pandering for me. Rather than write them properly we get that.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hope my order won't get cancelled :x I always see in Big in Japan that there is a "buy now, Paypal when item is out" option, despite every Bandai Tamashii pre-order saying "payment is immediately required". But order went through for Wargame Wargreymon. Hmmm >_> Anyone else done this before and have it be ok?

As much as I don't like 02 cast... too much pandering for me. Rather than write them properly we get that.

If they wanted Tri to focus on the first eight, they had limited options on how to handle the 02 characters.
Having them taken out fighting a strong enemy is better than having them just sitting around in the background for no reason, imo. I can see saving them being a plot point.

It does feel weird that
Hikari and Takeru aren't there with them.

Stuart444

If they wanted Tri to focus on the first eight, they had limited options on how to handle the 02 characters.
Having them taken out fighting a strong enemy is better than having them just sitting around in the background for no reason, imo. I can see saving them being a plot point.

It does feel weird that
Hikari and Takeru aren't there with them.

Like I said, pretty sure it is a teaser for the next OVA or something.
Plus it tells people "02 is canon, get over it and be glad we're not focusing on them for the first OVA people" >.>

Edit - better quality

Why aren't we in November yet, I need my Digimon fix T_T. I could be playing Digimon World: Re:Digitized if my PSP hadn't died... maybe I'll start watching Xcross Wars since that is the only series I haven't seen yet.

I saw the first three seasons in English and that's the only line I still remember so I guess in a way it also spoke to me. :p

I remember a line from 02 where Davis is encouraging ExVeemon to "put Cherrymon on ice!" Then he goes and drops Cherrymon onto an ice rink.

"THIS WHAT YOU MEANT BY PUTTIN' HIM ON ICE, DAVIS?"

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I remember a line from 02 where Davis is encouraging ExVeemon to "put Cherrymon on ice!" Then he goes and drops Cherrymon onto an ice rink.

"THIS WHAT YOU MEANT BY PUTTIN' HIM ON ICE, DAVIS?"

I just... I don't even know with that 02 script... Don't remember that part but geeze so bad!

NeonZ

And, according to the spoilers which had mentioned that scene before the clip popped up online,
the 02 kids aren't even mentioned in the movie afterwards.
So, it doesn't seem like setup for them to get some big role later, just a way to quickly explain why they aren't around.

Stuart444

And, according to the spoilers which had mentioned that scene before the clip popped up online,
the 02 kids aren't even mentioned in the movie afterwards.
So, it doesn't seem like setup for them to get some big role later, just a way to quickly explain why they aren't around.

Like I said, it's probably a set up for a big role in a later OVA. :) There will probably be a continuous story with different baddies throughout the OVAs.

Top Bottom