• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Yh, in TK's fantasy world.
Kari also married Daisuke, not even adult TK fantasises about TKxKari.
CI8VXUs.gif

Don't play with my heart, man. Does kari officially end up with daisuke or is it still up in the air

Currently...we dunno. But tri is playing with a lot of themes and they can easily pull a 180 for it to go either way.

Edit- Currently we only know sora+Matt & Ken+ Yolei... I haven't watched the epilogue since it originally aired so someone correct me.

Currently...we dunno. But tri is playing with a lot of themes and they can easily pull a 180 for it to go either way.

Edit- Currently we only know sora+Matt & Ken+ Yolei... I haven't watched the epilogue since it originally aired so someone correct me.
if they do not fulfill takari or not at least imply or make each of them end up with someone else... I will die
A LOT A LOT A LOT LIKE 99% OF ME SOUL
a little inside.

if they do not fulfill takari or not at least imply or make each of them end up with someone else... I will die
A LOT A LOT A LOT LIKE 99% OF ME SOUL
a little inside.

Haha, I prefer takari as well(i felt bad for daisuke and his noodle cart empire) but not sorato(sora+matt in english). Thus, TK is a fantasizer.

Stuart444

Hikari marries someone she met in College. A wonderful guy by the name of Takeda. They dated for around about 2 - 3 years before getting married. Like in the original series where she was the last chosen to join the group, she was the last chosen to get married out of the original 8 chosen.

They got married in April during Spring time. She never brings her husband to chosen gatherings though because he is almost always working during the times they gather such as during August the 1st aka the anniversary of the start of their digital adventure!

I have no idea why I started writing all of this. I just kept typing for the hell of it. Bonus points if you can figure out why I chose that as her 'husbands' name :p

Hikari marries someone she met in College. A wonderful guy by the name of Takeda. They dated for around about 2 - 3 years before getting married. Like in the original series where she was the last chosen to join the group, she was the last chosen to get married out of the original 8 chosen.

They got married in April during Spring time. She never brings her husband to chosen gatherings though because he is almost always working during the times they gather such as during August the 1st aka the anniversary of the start of their digital adventure!

I have no idea why I started writing all of this. I just kept typing for the hell of it. Bonus points if you can figure out why I chose that as her 'husbands' name :p

One of the guys who was responsible for some of the good animated episodes is named Yoshi-something takeda IIRC

I guess I'm alone as Daisuke's supporter :(

Takeru+Hikari are OT-P . Daisuke was way too desperate. I still remember that stupid rose picking scene he had.

Stuart444

One of the guys who was responsible for some of the good animated episodes is named Yoshi-something takeda IIRC

Haha, didn't know that.
It was a simple choice for me though. Takeda. :p

Also I don't have much of a problem with Daisuke. Just not with Hikari. Daisuke looks/acts like Taichi when he was younger. (Even Takeru sees this when he first sees Daisuke >.>)

So if Hikari picked him, it'd feel like she was dating her brother.

Also while not said outright, it seemed like Daisuke was over it more or less by the end of the series.

L95

Eeeee. I didn't even know this thread was here lol

You'll have to forgive me I only know dub names :x

I have Digimon Cyber sleuth all preorderd can't wait to play it ~( '.')~

Dub names are fine to use, we don't care. If you are confused on who someone's talking about, you can ask.

And Cyber Sleuth is so close now... I hope it does well.

Stuart444

The OP (which I promised myself I'd update before Cyber Sleuths EN release) has a lovely translation guide for people such as yourself :) feel free to use dub names of course but if you get confused by any names, check the OP first and if a name isn't there, feel free to ask :)

Hope you enjoy CS as well, it's a great game <3. I think most Digimon & JRPG fans will be happy with it. (Well I hope so anyway)

Hikari's kid is suppose to be a boy right? Can't be too sure knowing Sora's daughter.

I think so lol.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Because the one true pairing will never happen :^)

tumblr_lxflnxfEdg1r5nzlko4_r1_250.gif

I love how Ken just brushed his hair just so he could hear...maybe it's time for a hair cut.

Also I don't have much of a problem with Daisuke. Just not with Hikari. Daisuke looks/acts like Taichi when he was younger. (Even Takeru sees this when he first sees Daisuke >.>)

Other than then looking similar Daisuke acts nothing like Taichi.

Wellcom--

Get out.

Nah I am joking I find myself switching between the two.

Same, sooo hyped up to play it...though Pokémon day on the 27th February might take my attention away from the game.

Other than then looking similar Daisuke acts nothing like Taichi.

Wellcom--

Get out.

Nah I am joking I find myself switching between the two.

Taichi is Daisuke's role model, he says so a couple of times himself...Him getting the digiegg of courage,goggles,rashness - definitly early Adventure Tai.

Yeah I don't like some of the english names, but the same for some japanese names. Switching between the two is the easiest way.

Also, movie Daisuke and later 02 daisuke are pretty cool when they're not doing wacky shit.

Also, any word on when digital pre-orders go up for BN/Vita games?
I'm getting a PS4 physical as well but I need a digimon game on the go as well. Also the day1/pre order dlc will be up for a month on the PSN store, I read somewhere this was confirmed this week, but I'm drawing blank on the source.

Haha, I prefer takari as well(i felt bad for daisuke and his noodle cart empire) but not sorato(sora+matt in english). Thus, TK is a fantasizer.
Dude, I don't prefer takari, I LIVE and BREATHE Takari! I need these mothafuckers to get together!

I ship them harder than Jin Kazama+Xiao/Asuka, Bourne/Nicky, and Rick/Michonne, the latter of which is practically the most popular cable TV series.

TAKARI forever!!!!!

Also, any word on when digital pre-orders go up for BN/Vita games?
I'm getting a PS4 physical as well but I need a digimon game on the go as well. Also the day1/pre order dlc will be up for a month on the PSN store, I read somewhere this was confirmed this week, but I'm drawing blank on the source.

Digital Vita games don't go up for preorder, don't know what Bamco does for PS4.

The only free month of DLC thing I've seen is this that Bamco US put on Twitter last month. I haven't seen anything else.

oB72mUM.jpg

Stuart444

that tri special nico broadcast is this friday right? i probably be able to restream it since my net is repaired yesterday

Yeah.

Won't be able to watch it though, I've got a friends wedding to go to and based on the time it starts literally as I'm due to leave :(.

I hope to come back to a nice new PV though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Always Nico Nico >_> March feels soooooo long away!

Also, don't forget guys, if anyone has Amazon Prime and hasn't YET pre-ordered, Cyber Sleuth is $47.99!

the animation for tri is pretty great too, imo. way better than dragon ball super anyway. not that i watch it, i just heard about the controversies.

notaskwid

the animation for tri is pretty great too, imo. way better than dragon ball super anyway. not that i watch it, i just heard about the controversies.

Not that great imo, but maybe I clearly went with the wrong expectations. When they said they were going to do movies instead of series I automatically expected to have Bokura no war game and Diaboromon no Gyakushuu levels of quality... That's.. not really the case, budget constraints show in a lot of scenes throughout the movie. The artstyle is nice though, and there are brightspots, it's clearly a jump up from xross wars (a HUGE one from that damn 3rd season), and overall, even though disapointed I'm still.. satisfied that it exists and it is not REALLY badly animated.

Well tri is a set of movies,so I'd assume it has a bigger budget per minute etc. Western broadcasters split it into episodes for some reason. Dbs is really a mixed bag. One of the issues it has is trying to stay similar /true to the old animation style whereas tri is all new designs etc. Tri also has lazy animating at parts, blank faces. But the important parts are well animated, I hope they increase the speed of it though, too many long pauses with next to no animation.
Edit - this is present in the final battle sequence as well, alphamon & OMEGAMON basically take turns fighting rather than it being a fast paced battle which it should have been, they went for cool positions rather than actual fighting.
Hopefully reunions success gives the next films a better budget.

Not that great imo, but maybe I clearly went with the wrong expectations. When they said they were going to do movies instead of series I automatically expected to have Bokura no war game and Diaboromon no Gyakushuu levels of quality... That's.. not really the case, budget constraints show in a lot of scenes throughout the movie. The artstyle is nice though, and there are brightspots, it's clearly a jump up from xross wars (a HUGE one from that damn 3rd season), and overall, even though disapointed I'm still.. satisfied that it exists and it is not REALLY badly animated.

Well tri is a set of movies,so I'd assume it has a bigger budget per minute etc. Western broadcasters split it into episodes for some reason. Dbs is really a mixed bag. One of the issues it has is trying to stay similar /true to the old animation style whereas tri is all new designs etc. Tri also has lazy animating at parts, blank faces. But the important parts are well animated, I hope they increase the speed of it though, too many long pauses with next to no animation.
Edit - this is present in the final battle sequence as well, alphamon & OMEGAMON basically take turns fighting rather than it being a fast paced battle which it should have been, they went for cool positions rather than actual fighting.
Hopefully reunions success gives the next films a better budget.

super is its own problem, I got my reasons for not being into it but don't have to get into it here coz it's off topic. I'm confused about how Tri was supposed to be a movie but I've been watching it like it is a TV show. But if it is a movie then that would explain why the art's great. It's closer to the movies than the anime series, anyway.

Stuart444

Technically tri is OVA rather than Movies. The difference is the budget is higher than a typical Toei TV show but less than a Movie.

It is also the reason the OVAs are having limited theatrical releases with the BD releases being a month after (and hell they are selling special BDs at the theatrical screenings). (if it was a proper movie, it'd probably be more like the Persona 3 movies with one a year or something probably)

Also the animation and artstyle are both good, my only complaints are honestly some of the stills with the digimon. The section with Takeru talking to Koushiro has Patamon next to Takeru looking like a statue.

Same at the end with Tailmon being held by Hikari. (see below pic) She looks fucking weird and looks like a doll or something than a living creature.

Ignoring those type of scenes and I'm happy with it myself.

Stuart444

That's it, I was under a wrong assumption, it doesn't have a film's budget and it shows, but all things considered that's ok.

Yeah, a lot of people assumed it because it was getting a Theatrical release even though something like this has been done before (I think someone said a Gundam OVA had a similar treatment with a limited Theatrical release before a proper release via home media)

Iirc somebody said that it's somewhere between the two but the official statements were describing it as a film? This was when it was announced it was going to be a 6 part series rather than a new season. Also the point that ova's go straight to video was mentioned, but I didn't care what it was called. The budget definitely isn't movie level.

Stuart444

In quality and budget, yes usually. Many OVAs use the same quality animation as the tv show lately, though.

Pretty much, and like Movies, they aren't shown on TV first. Usually it's straight to BD/DVD though Tri and Gundam has done it slightly differently with the limited theatrical releases.

See the Gundam point I mentioned above. This type of thing has been done before with an OVA.

I think this sums it up best (though it is from a while ago), from Marc @ WTW:

http://withthewill.net/threads/1484...cussion/page30?p=268372&viewfull=1#post268372

It's listed as a movie on ANN+MAL and wiki+digimonwiki say the same, the guy even says that its based on the very little info they had at the time, but I don't really know enough about these things to argue it either way.

Stuart444

It's listed as a movie on ANN+MAL and wiki+digimonwiki say the same, the guy even says that its based on the very little info they had at the time, but I don't really know enough about these things to argue it either way.

Most of those are user-edited tbf and ANN has gotten things wrong before.

Like said though, most people jumped on the movie bandwagon just because of the theatrical release. Once a rhetoric is out there, it's hard to get rid of it.

But it's not really important now. What's important is... the next one is out in March so yay :D 2 months. (plus hopefully an PV on Friday)

I should really wait for the OT but one other thing currently that is bothering me about cyber sleuth, are that the digimon are not to scale. don't get me wrong; I think it sort of cute how they follow you around n shit but metal greymon is not supposed be able to fit inside a building.

Top Bottom