• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

So the DW1 ost that is the preorder bonus is a code, right? How are those redeemed? Through PSN?

Also, I'm three episodes into Tri, and it's unremarkable. I'm watching because I loved Adventure back in the day, otherwise I probably would have dropped it by now.

For the Cyber Sleuth OST, you had to redeem the DLC code on the Cyber Sleuth website. I'm guessing this will be similar.

So I'm onto the final Demon Lord in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. Lucemon: Chaos Mode.

I got utterly annihilated by him. Toughest Demon Lord easily. I think it's his speed, if not for that, I'd have recovered easily in my first attempt but that speed combined with his attack power is deadly.

On the bright side, destroying Lucemon (before he goes Chaos) with Character Reverse (inflicts bug) and then Phantom Pain from Lilithmon killing Lucemon in one hit was hilarious.

I remember him being the toughest. It felt like the battle went on forever.

Stuart444

I remember him being the toughest. It felt like the battle went on forever.

The toughest up until now was... Lilithmon (see the video I posted before) mainly due to status effects.

Lucemon however is very fucking fast and has several attacks that hit everyone.

Might have to raise some more Digimon to beat Lucemon. My Lilithmon + Phantom Pain strat (which has worked very well until now >.>) only works if Lilithmon can stay alive long enough to use it a lot :(.

Still final 'boss' more or less, might actually get it done before the English version is out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did the Garurumon statue go on pre-order anywhere else other than BiJ? Was hoping Rightstuf would have it up but not yet. Probably the minute I import they will stick it up -_-

Tusk

Oh no. The next world game apparently has retailer exclusive bonuses. ;_;

Not too bothered by the MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon, but Chaos Dukemon and Omegamon Zwart I would've liked to get.

Not too bothered by the MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon, but Chaos Dukemon and Omegamon Zwart I would've liked to get.

Well, they're just evolution items, not actual exclusive Digimon, so I don't think it's really a problem.

sorry I meant: where is Maarch? :/
In our dreeeeaaaaaamsssss.

The exclusive is an evolution item that allows you to immediately evolve your Digimon, no matter the species, to those certain Digimon.

I don't think the Digimon themselves are exclusive.

Edit: ^^Beaten

March :)

Yup! And anything and everything else Digimon related.

Anime, games, merchandise, etc.

All things Digimon!
wordddd. i'm up to episode 4, is that all that's aired? the animation and art is great, imo. can't wait to see more
and i'm fucking dying for takari to finally hook up

wordddd. i'm up to episode 4, is that all that's aired? the animation and art is great, imo. can't wait to see more

Yeah, the next OVA/next four episodes come in March.

I think Takeru and Hikari have a shot. As with Koushiro and Mimi, their relationship isn't directly contradicted in the epilogue. (Though you could argue that Taichi's son not referring to Takeru as uncle is a contradiction, I suppose.)

The director might have also mentioned something about Takeru developing feelings for Hikari, but the translations for that interview were skewed a lot by shippers. I don't know if we ever got a better one.

Stuart444

Yeah, next 4 eps (aka the next OVA) is in March.

Yeah, the next OVA/next four episodes come in March.

I think Takeru and Hikari have a shot. As with Koushiro and Mimi, their relationship isn't directly contradicted in the epilogue. (Though you could argue that Taichi's son not referring to Takeru as uncle is a contradiction, I suppose.)

The director might have also mentioned something about Takeru developing feelings for Hikari, but the translations for that interview were skewed a lot by shippers. I don't know if we ever got a better one.

Must resist... :p
If Meiko stays with the group throughout the series and is considered part of the team (as much as Dai/Miyako/Ken/Iori are), I'm going to say her not being in the end contradicts it :p

I'm putting $10 down that whether we like it or not, Meiko and Taichi hook up.

I wouldn't mind that. We haven't seen much from her yet but I like her a lot. We'll see if that changes of course since she should be getting more screen time now with the other kids.

Must resist... :p
If Meiko stays with the group throughout the series and is considered part of the team (as much as Dai/Miyako/Ken/Iori are), I'm going to say her not being in the end contradicts it :p

Her not showing up could be because of a number of things. Heck, maybe she's late. :p

Besides, the orignal/02 group have known each other longer. They might have gotten together to talk about old(er) times or something.

Things like some new relationships and characters might make the epilogue seem a little unfitting, but it still "works".

Stuart444

Besides, the orignal/02 group have known each other longer. They might have gotten together to talk about old(er) times or something.

Yes like in 02 where the older kids invited the newer ones to talk about old times in the episode where mysteriously, Wizardmon shows up as a ghost somehow. o_O.
I almost wish they would use the same excuse to have Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon show up once more again since they died in the real world as well >.>
(had to mention it when bringing up that episode XD)

edit:

Listening to some of the German translated Digimon songs, the ones from Data Squad/Savers are legit good imo.

Opening

Insert

Opening 2

Pretty good really.

Also Tamers opening in German isn't that bad either.

Can we confirm that Digimon is craziest monster franchise that there is? I was looking up into Digimon history and found this.

tumblr_mpu28o2EIm1rv9gn7o1_1280.jpg

Yes this was in official Japanese release. Yes that is Hitler Agumon.

I dont know, I just like Digimons weirdness so much. Is there anything that is weirder than this?

And Hitler Agumon is really something. Final antagonist of tri., maybe?

”Taichi, now working in UN, faces his biggest challenge, when the Hitler Agumon creates the Agumon party, that threatens the relationship of real world and digital world.”

You know, this could actually work.

”Hitler Agumon, unpleased with Taichi’s Agumon, who doesnt want to join Hitler Agumon’s comrads, starts a revolution when his plans fail, which causes even more tension.”

And there just happens to be a newish Digimon, Gundramon, which is a mega/ultimate level mecha dragon that uses techniques named in GERMAN. A perfect evolution for Hitler Agumon.

Holy shit this could totally work lolol

I'm in Tokyo for two more days (I know someone asked for pics but I can't upload them atm and there's not much digimon love here atm), does anybody have any suggestions for any stores which might carry the new digimon stuff, the big name bar mandarake sucked and only had the key rings or rubber clips.
I found some of the stuff in smaller shops.

Juanfp

How is tamers? I have only watch adventure 1 and 2, but read that tamers is more dark than adventure and that make my curious to watch it.

I'm in Tokyo for two more days (I know someone asked for pics but I can't upload them atm and there's not much digimon love here atm), does anybody have any suggestions for any stores which might carry the new digimon stuff, the big name bar mandarake sucked and only had the key rings or rubber clips.
I found some of the stuff in smaller shops.

kinda hard to suggest which shops tbh... sometimes it is easier to find item that you wanted in random small shops compare to bigger shops. come to think of it, i don't recall seeing any digimon stuff when i went there in 2014 haha :')

kinda hard to suggest which shops tbh... sometimes it is easier to find item that you wanted in random small shops compare to bigger shops. come to think of it, i don't recall seeing any digimon stuff when i went there in 2014 haha :')

Yup but finding those shops outside of akihabara +nakano is hard. I'm pretty shocked at the lack of presence tri has a 1-2 months after release. Ah well, I got plenty of old stuff.

How is tamers? I have only watch adventure 1 and 2, but read that tamers is more dark than adventure and that make my curious to watch it.

Tamers is the best written season and is an example of "dark, gritty version" done right, imo.

It may not gel with with you, depending on taste, but you should definitely watch it.

Maybe she's just shocked that he found a girl who appreciates his level of hat fashion. :p

Tamers is certainly much darker than Adventure and 02, but I wouldn't ever really describe it as "gritty". It just generally has a darker world view than the Adventure universe, and it goes into some slightly more adult territory.

And it happens to be absolutely fantastic and well written. Plus the art direction is gorgeous.

Tamers is certainly much darker than Adventure and 02, but I wouldn't ever really describe it as "gritty". It just generally has a darker world view than the Adventure universe, and it goes into some slightly more adult territory.

And it happens to be absolutely fantastic and well written. Plus the art direction is gorgeous.

"Gritty" in the sense that it is a more realistic and harsh depiction of Digimon. Mind you the modern use of that word is a bit hyperbolic, so perhaps "dark, more realistic version" is a better description.

RyougaSaotome has done a Famitsu dump on Twitter with some Next Order stuff.

Not any new information from what I could see, but there is some new artwork with a pooper scooper involved.

Edit: New stuff up on the Tri website. Character art/bios for the new people and more info about the livestream on the 15th.

Meicoomon is also confirmed to be a Adult level, which (spoilers for evolutions maybe?)
considering the Nyaromon and Plotmon look-alikes floating around, as well as the intro to Reunion showing a YukimiBotamon egg, makes me wonder if her evolutions will fall in a similar line to Tailmon's.

RyougaSaotome has done a Famitsu dump on Twitter with some Next Order stuff.

Not any new information from what I could see, but there is some new artwork with a pooper scooper involved.

Edit: New stuff up on the Tri website. Character art/bios for the new people and more info about the livestream on the 15th.

Meicoomon is also confirmed to be a Adult level, which (spoilers for evolutions maybe?)
considering the Nyaromon and Plotmon look-alikes floating around, as well as the intro to Reunion showing a YukimiBotamon egg, makes me wonder if her evolutions will fall in a similar line to Tailmon's.

I swear to god if Meicoomon's evolutions are Angels...

Its pretty bad that its VERY much like Tailmon already. So so so lazy. I seriously hope Meicoomon evolves into something unique. At one point, someone said that name Meicoo, sounds a bit like Gankoo, so Id even take Gankoomon as Meicoomon evolution,as silly as name connection is. That would also explain why Meicoomon and Hackmon met. At the very least, we need something original... rather than copying old formula this much.

And actually...
I went to look up info on Gankoomon and noticed that not only is it connected to Hackmon, but also Sistermons. Sistermons have almost identical eye like Meicoomon, which is interesting since those eyes are unique. So there definately is a chance for some sort of connection to be made here.

I swear to god if Meicoomon's evolutions are Angels...

Its pretty bad that its VERY much like Tailmon already. So so so lazy. I seriously hope Meicoomon evolves into something unique. At one point, someone said that name Meicoo, sounds a bit like Gankoo, so Id even take Gankoomon as Meicoomon evolution,as silly as name connection is. That would also explain why Meicoomon and Hackmon met. At the very least, we need something original... rather than copying old formula this much.

And actually...
I went to look up info on Gankoomon and noticed that not only is it connected to Hackmon, but also Sistermons. Sistermons have almost identical eye like Meicoomon, which is interesting since those eyes are unique. So there definately is a chance for some sort of connection to be made here.

It doesn't bother me that she's another Adult level cat (I like my kitties) or that she possibly shares the same kind of egg
but yeah, the Nyaromon and Plotmon look-alikes just being straight-up recolors annoys me. This is supposed to be the new Digimon debuting in Tri, not padding for a video game. Maybe the fact she is a "corrupted" version will come in to play, but so far it just feels lazy. I think she will avoid having an angel Perfect level because of her and Not-Plotmon's lack of a Holy Ring, but a human-like is possible.

As for the similar name to Gankoomon, I think that's just coincidence. "Meicoomon" is a reference to the Maine Coon breed of cat. It probably sounded better than Meincoonmon. The connection could be there in the other ways you listed, though.

CrazyDude

I just remembered I cried at the end of season 2 because the show ended. I was 7 at the time and I remember my parents were worried as to why I was sad and being too embarrassed to say it was because a show has ended.

anybody else fucking hyped for digimon story cyber sleuth???

I just remembered I cried at the end of season 2 because the show ended. I was 7 at the time and I remember my parents were worried as to why I was sad and being too embarrassed to say it was because a show has ended.
aww, man.

Have been for a while :)
i'm fucking hyped as fuck, especially finding out now that it's just around the corner.

a few questions doe

1. I played digimon world 2 religiously as a kid, and pretty much the only one i ever played. i dabbled in 1. besides the fact that this game is turn based, is there gonna be anything like dmw2? I've seen only a few gameplay videos but I haven't seen the complexity in attacks like interrupt, confusion, assist, poison, paralysis, etc.

2. is this canon to any of the anime series?

3. is there multiplayer? i heard there is crossplay with the vita version which would mean there'd have to be mp but asking just to be sure

Top Bottom