• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

I should really wait for the OT but one other thing currently that is bothering me about cyber sleuth, are that the digimon are not to scale. don't get me wrong; I think it sort of cute how they follow you around n shit but metal greymon is not supposed be able to fit inside a building.

Some are bigger or smaller, but they're obviously not completely to scale.

If you think MetalGreymon is bad, you should see GrandLocomon following you around.

Some are bigger or smaller, but they're obviously not completely to scale.

If you think MetalGreymon is bad, you should see GrandLocomon following you around.
whoa, damn. didn't see the digimon before.

but speaking of metalgreymon, I feel like he'd be a good fit for a psasbr reboot...he was one of the main attractions of dmw1 and 2, both of which were playstation exclusives and of course he was a pretty important digimon in the adventure series

whoa, damn. didn't see the digimon before.

but speaking of metalgreymon, I feel like he'd be a good fit for a psasbr reboot...he was one of the main attractions of dmw1 and 2, both of which were playstation exclusives and of course he was a pretty important digimon in the adventure series

All I know is that if Sony makes another PSASBR there need to be more Japanese game characters since the original I can only thing of Raiden and Kat (where is my Selvaria, Laharl, Garl Vinland >_<). Metalgreymon would need to be not too big but it could work as the new Big Daddy type of character.

All I know is that if Sony makes another PSASBR there need to be more Japanese game characters since the original I can only thing of Raiden and Kat (where is my Selvaria, Laharl, Garl Vinland >_<). Metalgreymon would need to be not too big but it could work as the new Big Daddy type of character.
the characters in that game already weren't proportionately sized, anyway. sackboy was child-sized but if it were to scale, he'd be tiny (like the size of your pinkie)

but I agree, metalgreymon would've worked perfectly as a big daddy replacement character. honestly, having him there made NO fucking sense given that he's the protagonist of a franchise that originated on the 360.

and also...man, even though there's been no hint of a psasbr, i also agree that we need more japanese characters (kazuma kiryu, hello) but I feel like adding a digimon like metalgreymon still feels farfetched :( it'd be a dream come true to have this dream roster and it hurts to imagine it, you know? how awesome it would be to have a true playstation smash game with all the characters that you want and would also be appropriate?

unless sony does pay attention to gaf and what the gamers want...like, please, look at this digimon OT, sony!!!
I've also been known to pop on by the Mass Effect Community Thread from time to time, too, yup. :)
yep, i've seen you there as well but I recognized you immediately coz of your avatar since you were the first response to my RTTP, I think

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
item_09_b.jpg

More figures to get! Another online exclusive, so I hope we get it here, somewhere :/

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got an english source :O? Can't seem to find info on them anywhere, are they part of another digicolle?

Google Translate from Figsoku:

Dejikore! Limited Edition
Agumon (Black) & Gabumon (black) set
price of 1,500 yen (including tax and shipping) from the collection figure series "Dejikore!" in "Digimon Adventure" limited set is appeared. Among Dejikore that appeared so far, the lineup, especially two bodies of "Gabumon" and the popular "Agumon" is now set. Appearing in the game, etc., making it a commodity that has been subjected to color the image of a black version. Wonder Festival venue selling goods to start accepting orders from 2/12 at premium Bandai http://www.megahobby.jp/event/wf2016_winter/#AKF_02

More info on Next Order.

Sounds like town-building is going to be more dynamic again. More pictures of areas, more pictures of Digimon, etc. I hope the emphasis on Susanoomon means Wolfmon is in.

Look at the babies. :3
g9EueIs.jpg

Still two months left until it comes out.

I'm loving everything they reveal about this. I'm glad the town-building will be more involved, especially compared to Re:Dgitize where you just had new Digimon show up and some shops open up or offer new services.

Still two months left until it comes out.

I'm loving everything they reveal about this. I'm glad the town-building will be more involved, especially compared to Re:Dgitize where you just had new Digimon show up and some shops open up or offer new services.

Yeah, this one looks like they're putting alot of effort into(+money&the vita having more power helps), seems like it's the same old file city as well!
Also, the camping+cooking looks fun as well. The finished file city looks waay different.

More screens for Next Order added to the website. I probably wouldn't have bothered posting anything since we already got a bunch of screenshots today, buuuut...

Turuiemon! :D (Huh, just noticed what looks like Pidmon too, nice.)
pc4eF4K.jpg

ah, that's another question I got with cyber sleuth; is the whole thing gonna take place in an urban environment? it'd be cool to traverse different areas like in uncharted and gta

It takes place in Tokyo and various places in cyberspace. There are different parts of Tokyo you visit (Shinjuku, Akihabara, etc.). Not really any where else though.

will there be a Ps4 port?

For Next Order? It depends. Japan probably won't get one. It goes without saying that if it manages to come westward, it will.

pls more english Digimon games, I didn't realize how starved I was for it until recently.

When I first saw Re: Digitize, I felt the same way. The fact we are getting Cyber Sleuth is amazing to me. It felt like a lost cause for a few years there.

We need to at least match Japanese sales to have a chance of getting Next Order. I will shill my hardest!

More screens for Next Order added to the website. I probably wouldn't have bothered posting anything since we already got a bunch of screenshots today, buuuut...

pc4eF4K.jpg

Pidmon was seemingly in that trailer, but with six wings. I guess they caught that mistake after that. I didn't even notice him until it was pointed out by someone else.

Seeing Turuiemon is pretty cool. Youkomon was in the screenshots on 4Gamer earlier, too. It's nice to be seeing a bunch of new models. Hopefully they can keep increasing the number of Digimon with each new game.

Pidmon was seemingly in that trailer, but with six wings. I guess they caught that mistake after that. I didn't even notice him until it was pointed out by someone else.

Seeing Turuiemon is pretty cool. Youkomon was in the screenshots on 4Gamer earlier, too. It's nice to be seeing a bunch of new models. Hopefully they can keep increasing the number of Digimon with each new game.

I sort of expected Wendimon to be the Lopmon evolution to get in, but I'm pleasantly surprised they got the purple martial artist bunny :3 (hopefully both are options).

Stuart444

ah, that's another question I got with cyber sleuth; is the whole thing gonna take place in an urban environment? it'd be cool to traverse different areas like in uncharted and gta

It takes place in real world Tokyo (Nakano Broadway, Shibuya, Shinjuku, etc) and Cyber Space.

You do get a nice change of scenery near the end though but that's a bit of a spoiler so I won't say anymore :)

Music is top notch as well <3

will there be a Ps4 port?

Of Next Order? Only if it comes to the west probably. That's the only reason Cyber Sleuth has a PS4 port.

Hopefully they can keep increasing the number of Digimon with each new game.

I suspect they will keep adding new Digimon with each game for as long as they are able to reuse models from previous games. If they had to start from scratch again, the number would probably go down again.

pc4eF4K.jpg

It takes place in Tokyo and various places in cyberspace. There are different parts of Tokyo you visit (Shinjuku, Akihabara, etc.). Not really any where else though.

For Next Order? It depends. Japan probably won't get one. It goes without saying that if it manages to come westward, it will.

It takes place in real world Tokyo (Nakano Broadway, Shibuya, Shinjuku, etc) and Cyber Space.

You do get a nice change of scenery near the end though but that's a bit of a spoiler so I won't say anymore :)

Music is top notch as well <3

Of Next Order? Only if it comes to the west probably. That's the only reason Cyber Sleuth has a PS4 port.
thanks for the info guys.

they better bring world over to the fucking west, then.

Two other things I noted from those screenshots now that I take a closer look. One is that RedVegiemon is in (not the most exciting inclusion, but hey, every little one counts).

More significantly, in the third screenshot the player's partners are Lopmon and Gaogamon. I think this is the first time we've actually seen different leveled partners.

It would be great if he got his full evolution line this time. It has to be one of my favorites.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. It would make sense, given that he probably won't just warp evolve in a world game.

Thanks, I toyed with the idea of staying up for it, but nah. Anything interesting happen besides the trailer?

Hmmm... they appear to be going all in with the nostalgia. Cool to see Rosemon and Vikemon in action for two seconds. Hopefully their battle lasts longer than the ones in Reunion.

And we already got Part 3's title (Confession) and a small voiceless clip. I thought they'd save the Takeru OVA for Part 4, but maybe not.

Thanks, I toyed with the idea of staying up for it, but nah. Anything interesting happen besides the trailer?

Hmmm... they appear to be going all in with the nostalgia. Cool to see Rosemon and Vikemon in action for two seconds. Hopefully their battle lasts longer than the ones in Reunion.

And we already got Part 3's title (Confession) and a small voiceless clip. I thought they'd save the Takeru OVA for Part 4, but maybe not.

not much... the only thing i remembered other than the trailers (tri ep 2 & old next order and linkz) is the 3 seiyuus drawing meikuumon

so is this supposed to be episode 5?
5,6,7,8 - it's a ova/movie so it's the second of the 6 to be released.

Moving on, was that tai in weird digimon kaiser/emperor esque clothing at the end?

Also, do we know what that white digimon is - the one that's caped in the first movie - I think that's it's evolution in the trailer.

Also there's the obligatory anime shrine visit scene as well it seems.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gomamon wearing a shirt was great :p But wait... was that... the Kaiser?? Is Ken made evil again?? I mean, they never really removed the dark spore, so maybe that's something...

Moving on, was that tai in weird digimon kaiser/emperor esque clothing at the end?

If Imperialdramon is the enemy, it makes more sense that it's Ken.

Gomamon wearing a shirt was great :p But wait... was that... the Kaiser?? Is Ken made evil again?? I mean, they never really removed the dark spore, so maybe that's something...

If Imperialdramon is the enemy, it makes more sense that it's Ken.
That's what I thought as well but ken's hair doesn't stand up like that. Although he is 3 years older. Maybe his digimon kaiser hair evolved as well.

I know someone else who looks similar but isn't nearly as cool. :p

I wonder if they'll do a bait and switch, making us think it's Ken, then it being someone like Daisuke.

Edit: Looking again, I see why you think it's Taichi... It might be just the change in art style making the hair look like that, but who knows.

Also, do we know what that white digimon is - the one that's caped in the first movie - I think that's it's evolution in the trailer..

Hackmon? I don't think so, BaoHackmon looks like this.

ymAsM8r.jpg

I know someone else who looks similar but isn't nearly as cool. :p

I wonder if they'll do a bait and switch, making us think it's Ken, then it being someone like Daisuke.

Hackmon? I don't think so, BaoHackmon looks like this.

ymAsM8r.jpg

I'm still feeling there's going to be an alternate world because of all that demiurgos stuff. If that's Daisuke I think that removes any chance of him getting with kairi, he has literally become tai. Wouldn't both of them need to be evil for Imperialdramon though, or is forced fusion a thing?

That Emperors hair style does resemble Tais, but it could be Ken or Daisuke just as well.

The Next Order Piddomon having 6 wings was lame mistake so Im glad that its fixed, but then again, fixing that wouldnt have been hard. Adding Turuiemon is cool, since it was one of the few missing links, missing from Cyber Sleuth. Also Redvegiemon is new character. Ummm I think someone may be happy for that?

Also we should tell Artisan that OVA 3, is called Confession and features Takeru. :V

Nahhhh no way it could be Takato. I was just going with the blue-hair thing and because it would be unexpected :p Still going with evil Ken, though.

I wonder what is up with the Patamon tease. He already died once, which was a big thing.

Patamon's no leomon. Although he could digivolve into Leomon in DW1...

Speaking of patamon, there's this plush which was announced of something which resembles him:

patamon_plush_march.jpg

Not like there's already 2 plushies currently on sale of him ~_~.

Also, pouches,microfibre cloths,totebags as is standard it seems now for every design they can think of announced for Digimon advenutre pixel art:

adventure_pouch_march.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Patamon's no leomon. Although he could digivolve into Leomon in DW1...

Speaking of patamon, there's this plush which was announced of something which resembles him:

patamon_plush_march.jpg

Not like there's already 2 plushies currently on sale of him ~_~.

So maybe he becomes the new Leomon? Hmmm that could be interesting... I'm sure it's just Leomon reborn, though.

As for that plush lol it looks like a bootleg! Besides the Megahouse/GEM line, I haven't seen any other Digimon merch that I've really liked/wanted. Some high-quality medium size plush would be perfect, but only a few crane game plush and that's been it.

So maybe he becomes the new Leomon? Hmmm that could be interesting... I'm sure it's just Leomon reborn, though.

As for that plush lol it looks like a bootleg! Besides the Megahouse/GEM line, I haven't seen any other Digimon merch that I've really liked/wanted. Some high-quality medium size plush would be perfect, but only a few crane game plush and that's been it.

The banpresto crane game plush is actually very nice and I was just kidding about the Leomon thing - I meant it as him dying again would be unlikely, but the angemon line is OP and he can end up using all of his power again somehow.

Stuart444

So about that stuff for OVA3...

"Goodbye Takeru"

Are they teasing a sacrifice like Angemon in Adventure?

Besides that, I liked the PV, can't wait for part 2 :D

Top Bottom