• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Stuart444

I hate to be that guy but... a new nade-nade has appeared for next order :
http://digimonworld-neo.bn-ent.net/sp/special/twcp.php?

You need to tweet for this one though -_-.

ナデナデしました

Nade nade ^_^

At least there is actual stuff and PVs for NO compared to the nade nade of the Tri announcement. How long it took, :(.

Speaking of NO, anyone importing it? Really tempted to pre-order it for the DW1 soundtrack that comes with it honestly. (was going to pick it up in Japan a few weeks later but damn, the latest PV and remembering about the DW1 soundtrack is making me tempted)

edit: also speaking of Fladramon. While I use the JP names a lot, I just never use Fladramon even when I'm talking about the Japanese version of stuff. Flamedramon just looks/sounds natural considering how flamey he looks lol.

ナデナデしました

Nade nade ^_^

At least there is actual stuff and PVs for NO compared to the nade nade of the Tri announcement. How long it took, :(.

Speaking of NO, anyone importing it? Really tempted to pre-order it for the DW1 soundtrack that comes with it honestly. (was going to pick it up in Japan a few weeks later but damn, the latest PV and remembering about the DW1 soundtrack is making me tempted)

edit: also speaking of Fladramon. While I use the JP names a lot, I just never use Fladramon even when I'm talking about the Japanese version of stuff. Flamedramon just looks/sounds natural considering how flamey he looks lol.
Yeah, same but paper sparrow used it so I did just for continuity.
I was going to order for the same reason but it's digital isn't it?

I actually prefer some of the 02 Digimon's dub names (Flamedramon, Pegasusmon, Raidramon, Armadillomon). Some things just sound better as an English speaker.

Mr-Joker

Banned

I am bad at spelling so it took me awhile to notice the different .

I actually prefer some of the 02 Digimon's dub names (Flamedramon, Pegasusmon, Raidramon, Armadillomon). Some things just sound better as an English speaker.

I prefer Omegamon over Omnimon, but that's because I was learning about omnivore around the time I watched Our War Games so I was just imagining Omegamon being an omnivore and I was like I am watching a movie where War Greymon Metal Garurumon just fused together and I here thinking about what kind of food it eats. ¬_¬;

Plus Omegamon just sounds cooler.

I am bad at spelling so it took me awhile to notice the different .

I prefer Omegamon over Omnimon, but that's because I learning about omnivore around the time I watched Our War Games so I was just imagining Omegamon being an omnivore and I was like I am watching a movie where War Greymon Metal Garurumon just fused together and I here thinking about what kind of food it eats. ¬_¬;

Plus Omegamon just sounds cooler.

I did as well o_O, omni is flows better, but omegamon makes more senseit sounds cooler.

I don't know why they needed to change Omegamon's name, but Omnimon evokes the same feeling, in a way. It wasn't until they started pushing Alphamon more that I cared about it. The fact that they kept it as Omegamon in the Tri sub seems to say that they want that connection to be recognized.

(Or they forgot, shhhh.)

Yeah, I've got it on pre-order. Those bonuses are just so sweet, and every trailer for this game has just made me unreasonably hyped.

Tusk

So, that gameplay video pretty much shows how to get Huckmon through Tokomon?
So excited for this game, he's one of the first Digimon I'll probably go for.

Also got an AD for the game up top lol. :b

Question, is it originally Huck or Hack? Seen it as both, but nothing saying what it originally is.

So, that gameplay video pretty much shows how to get Huckmon through Tokomon?
So excited for this game, he's one of the first Digimon I'll probably go for.

Also got an AD for the game up top lol. :b

Question, is it originally Huck or Hack? Seen it as both, but nothing saying what it originally is.

If you were to directly romanize ハックモン it would be "Hakkumon". On a piece of merchandise, Bandai used "Huckmon" (it's hard to say this is correct, because they've gotten names wrong before). I don't know if we've seen any other official English use (that's not the dub)? Tri might settle it.

Dub terms Cyber Sleuth is using Hackmon.

So both are right as of now.

I've been saying Hackmon, but either could work. I'm not really sure what the name is supposed to derive from, which would settle things.

"Huckmon" could be a typical Bandai fluff (hello Picklemon, Orgemon, and so many more), or it could be exactly what they intended.

I've been saying Hackmon, but either could work. I'm not really sure what the name is supposed to derive from, which would settle things.

"Huckmon" could be a typical Bandai fluff (hello Picklemon, Orgemon, and so many more), or it could be exactly what they intended.

One of the wikis says Huckmon might be a reference to Huckleberry Finn? But also says it's derived from the term "hack". Digimon names, man. I think you're right and this is an Orgemon situation.

I decided to look at the reference book to see if he was there, and it lists him as Huckmon, so that's probably the official Japanese name.

Stuart444

I'd say Hackmon as that's just hakku made more uhh 'English' I'd say. Huck makes me think of Huckleberry or something XD.

So I'm going with Hackmon regardless of what Tri uses in the subs (and hearing wise, we're going to be hearing "Hakku" anyway). It just sounds and looks right to me.

Also I never cared about the Omega/Omni even after I started finding out the Japanese names of Digimon/Characters/etc.

I only cared after CS with Alphamon and Omegamon and even more with Tri. The Alpha and the Omega! :D

I always thought that if it's supposed to connect to the Digimon in any way, it's that Hackmon is good at hacking things to death XD or something like that.

Simplistic but that's what I always thought since first seeing him (iirc I first saw him in the bonus dungeon in Adventure PSP and called him Hackmon back then)

Tusk

Oh, that all makes sense. I somehow forgot about that habbit of theirs to get things wrong from time to time.

Either seems fine to me, so I'll probably end up using whichever I see used the most often.

So Next Order has really increased the amount of recolors.

Doumon (Taomon silver)
Atlurkabuterimon Blue
Redvegiemon
Piddomon (with correct wing amount now :p)
GoldVdramon
Yuki/SnowAgumon
Growlmon Data (yellow)
BlackMegaloGrowlmon
WaruSeadramon

Some of these were already mentioned. I can imagine some would get disappointed by this.

Off note WOW at Toyagumon death animation hahaha

Stuart444

I'm happy with some of them as they were in the original Digimon World such as YukiAgumon and RedVeggiemon (both were not playable but were Digimon you could battle).

Also Interview with the Producer of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

So Next Order has really increased the amount of recolors.

Doumon (Taomon silver)
Atlurkabuterimon Blue
Redvegiemon
Piddomon (with correct wing amount now :p)
GoldVdramon
Yuki/SnowAgumon
Growlmon Data (yellow)
BlackMegaloGrowlmon
WaruSeadramon

Some of these were already mentioned. I can imagine some would get disappointed by this.

Off note WOW at Toyagumon death animation hahaha

Youkomon, the Kyuubimon recolor, too.

I don't mind it as long as they aren't cutting back from Cyber Sleuth. Recolored Digimon still have their own distinct personalities, appearances and roles, so I think it's fine. And there's a history of World games really featuring a decent amount of them, too.

We're just still missing the most important recolor. Where's Tsukaimon, Bandai? Huh?

LycanXIII

Finally got around to watching Tri. Went back to read opinions on it. Saw this.
Also episode 1 spoiler about the 02 cast:

KskvrUh.jpg

Have a look :)

Cody's on there twice.

The tri English site was updated with a synopsis, dunno if old.
Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2"Determination"Summary

Time has passed since Alphamon appeared, and restoration work has moved ahead little by little in the town of Odaiba.

"I had decided once I got back to Japan, I'd be sure to take a dip in a big bath!" shouts Mimi. Because of that and a desire to make their new members Meiko Mochizuki and Meicoomon feel welcome, the DigiDestined go to a nearby hot springs theme park. Everyone has a good time, but Joe doesn't show up.
Joe feels caught between the imminent reality of college entrance exams, and his responsibilities as a DigiDestined.
"Why do we have to do this again?"
Just then, another infected Digimon appears in Odaiba. It's that proud virus type, Ogremon... As a TV station helicopter relays a broadcast of his rampage, Mimi and Palmon spring into action.
"We'll show people that there are good Digimon, too!"
Mimi and Palmon ignore Koshiro's attempts to hold them back, however, and their battle brings about unforeseen consequences...
Joe and Mimi each have their own troubles. Then on the day of Tsukishima General High School's festival, that man appears before them...
Also, miyako >Cody.

Stuart444

So just pre-ordered both Seven (Tri Version) single + The theme song from Next Order. The LE CD + DVD version :D

Still not pre-ordered NO yet, waiting to see how funds are before March to see if I can afford it.

Stuart444

Ken's alright if you played or know the wonderswan games story.

Cdjapan has an english website and the other soundtrack if anybody else wants it as well but cba to navigate amazon jp like me.

Accentier conver art as well:http://images.withthewill.net/accentier_cover_small.png

Amazon JP has a english option for ordering stuff (only things in JP would then be titles of stuff).

Also I love AmazonJP since with their courier service, they take money for customs so it's built into the price of the order unlike with Play-Asia (who just recently got a more expensive option to do something similar to what Amazon does funnily enough) where I get it from FedEX and then get a letter later on asking for money for customs and shit.

I like it because I know roughly the cost at check out without worrying about import fees and stuff.

Also as for Ken, I liked him and I hadn't even read up on the Wonderswan games until uhh... 2006 or so? Something like that, just after watching Digimon Savers and getting back into Digimon. (I do wish those games got a remake or something and localized so we could play the story. It seems interesting with Ken/Ryo/etc.)

I also am pretty fond of his and Daisuke's friendship later in the series as well. <3. I hope it's shown well in Tri whenever we get to see both of them.

Oh,hey at least the game as deemed worthy of the playstation channel pushing it. This should give it a nice publicity boost.
I think the playstation channel usually always has videos for its exclusives though. I dunno. But the strange thing about this video is that it didn't open with the ps logo and end with it, like most playstation game videos go. This is also releasing the same day as gravity rush remastered :(

Bandai namco isn't exactly sega or capcom status in terms of financials, but still, in order for digimon games to continue being localized, they need to be bought!
That is true. :)
hey, you! OP! I recognize you by your name and avy now! You were in my kaz vs kaz thread rooting for kiryu! =3

Stuart444

Looks like the trophy list for Digimon Cyber Sleuth has been released. Spoilers of course.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4064-Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth

Yup, seems to be the same as the JP list:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-story-cyber-sleuth-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

If you want the plat in one playthrough, I highly recommended looking at this and this guide on gamefaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778

That way you won't miss the Victory Uchida guy every chapter (he has some things you can only get from him which is needed for plat)

If you don't care about the plat or won't play it til NG+ then it's obviously not too important :).

hey, you! OP! I recognize you by your name and avy now! You were in my kaz vs kaz thread rooting for kiryu! =3

:) Kiryu FTW

I can't really like any of the 02 kids. lol
tk and kari bruh...
Looks like the trophy list for Digimon Cyber Sleuth has been released. Spoilers of course.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4064-Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth
hm, do games typically have just one gold trophy?
Yup, seems to be the same as the JP list:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-story-cyber-sleuth-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

If you want the plat in one playthrough, I highly recommended looking at this and this guide on gamefaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778

That way you won't miss the Victory Uchida guy every chapter (he has some things you can only get from him which is needed for plat)

If you don't care about the plat or won't play it til NG+ then it's obviously not too important :).

:) Kiryu FTW

200.gif

i love using this kitty gif

Stuart444

tk and kari bruh...

hm, do games typically have just one gold trophy?

200.gif

i love using this kitty gif

Nah, it's up to the developer. The only thing that isn't up to them is the Platinum trophy. (some games, usually smaller digital games or DLC don't have plats though) I don't think any game has had more than one platinum trophy.

Also that gif is so cute <3

Nah, it's up to the developer. The only thing that isn't up to them is the Platinum trophy. (some games, usually smaller digital games or DLC don't have plats though) I don't think any game has had more than one platinum trophy.

Also that gif is so cute <3
i know haha

yeah I knew games couldn't have more than one platinum, the point of the platinum is being the ultimate trophy of the game. actually yeah now that I think about it, Mass Effect 2 (which is my one and only platinum) had 2 or 3 golden trophies I think. defeat on insanity, save everyone, and do the suicide mission. I'm guessing this game doesn't have difficulty options

Stuart444

i know haha

yeah I knew games couldn't have more than one platinum, the point of the platinum is being the ultimate trophy of the game. actually yeah now that I think about it, Mass Effect 2 (which is my one and only platinum) had 2 or 3 golden trophies I think. defeat on insanity, save everyone, and do the suicide mission. I'm guessing this game doesn't have difficulty options

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth has a harder difficulty mode just for the west. Wasn't in the Japanese release.

The trophies are the same as the Japanese ones.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth has a harder difficulty mode just for the west. Wasn't in the Japanese release.

The trophies are the same as the Japanese ones.
what's the harder difficulty all about? enemies have stronger attacks & more health? & i'm guessing there'll be another trophy for that?

I still consider them as 01 characters. I meant to say the ones introducted in 02: Ken, Miyako, Iori and Daisuke.
oh ok. in that case then yeah, I think i'm with you.

speaking of, is adventure 2 even canon to tri? or is it retconned out? i'd be fine either way as long as takari happens

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Ken felt old-hat to me not two episodes after his defeat. The focus episode on him just didn't work for me at all. It felt too melodramatic, somehow. He was dealing with a heavy subject, but... I don't know. It just didn't gel.

That was around the point 02 went off the rails for me. It never quite recovered. The duo of bumbling Digimon antagonists felt like stand-ins for Team Rocket levels of uninspired plot development, and then at the tail end there was a big battle.

02 joins Frontier and Xros Wars (first half of the main show) as the segments of Digimon anime I don't much care for. Which is a real shame, because it definitely has some strengths. Kari and TK are great. I love Davis, too. (Please don't bite my head off for using English names, I'm kind of a casual fan! :p) But Yolei was terrible and Cody wasn't far behind. And the second half just lacked energy for me.

My friend and I often joke that Davis was wronged. He's so fun, but he's stuck with 02. >_>

No offense to 02 fans intended. I see my favorite Digimon series thrown under the bus rather often, myself, so I know what that can be like.

Stuart444

what's the harder difficulty all about? enemies have stronger attacks & more health? & i'm guessing there'll be another trophy for that?

We don't know yet but my assumption: More health, bigger stats.

And nope, as far as we know (from the trophy list posted above), it's the same list as the JP list, no extra trophy for the harder difficulty mode.

We don't know yet but my assumption: More health, bigger stats.

And nope, as far as we know (from the trophy list posted above), it's the same list as the JP list, no extra trophy for the harder difficulty mode.
fuck that shit, then. that's one of the things that pissed me off about infamous first light. i played on expert and then realized after having beaten it that there's no extra trophy for beating it on the hardest difficulty.

Top Bottom