• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Drop

Hi everyone, it's the first time I post here, I don't have much to say but if I don't get started I'll end up never posting. >_>

I've been a digimon fan since I watched the first season of the anime as a kid and now I'm really hyped for Cyber Sleuth. I'm really hoping it sells well so that we might get Next Order localized.

Mirei is back for Next Order

I guess she's just going to be appearing in every Digimon game going forward?

Oh wow, that's interesting, I haven't played enough of Re:Digitize to know what role she had in that game but this seems really weird.

Hi everyone, it's the first time I post here, I don't have much to say but if I don't get started I'll end up never posting. >_>

I've been a digimon fan since I watched the first season of the anime as a kid and now I'm really hyped for Cyber Sleuth. I'm really hoping it sells well so that we might get Next Order localized.

Oh wow, that's interesting, I haven't played enough of Re:Digitize to know what role she had in that game but this seems really weird.
welcome! and i agree, I hope we get next order too.

i wanted to play some of the psp games but they were never localiezed

that doesn't necessarily mean you need more, you can just dna the capped ones that you have unless you want to keep them separate

Don't want to dna Pukumon or Seraphimon because of how strong they are and not going to dna an Ultimate with a Mega. AeroVeedramon is the only one not capped so I'm not going to dna him yet either.

Nightbird

Question

I need some Digimon-fix until Cyber Sleuth, and I found that Xros Wars is available on Netflix for streaming.

Is Xros Wars a good season of Digimon? Could you recommend it?

Stuart444

Question

I need some Digimon-fix until Cyber Sleuth, and I found that Xros Wars is available on Netflix for streaming.

I wouldn't. I know some others would though so try it I guess? If you find you don't like it after a few then just drop it.

Question

Is it the original Xros Wars?

The first Xros Wars is a good show, although it takes some time to get good.

The sequel, Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time, is possibly the worst thing ever put out under the Digimon name in Japanese.

Nightbird

Is it the original Xros Wars?

The first Xros Wars is a good show, although it takes some time to get good.

The sequel, Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time, is possibly the worst thing ever put out under the Digimon name in Japanese.

Yes, it's the first show. The second one hasn't been licensed here yet. :)

Xross wars sucks due to it having so many issues. Any digimon can fuse with anything it wants, you can't tell what the powerlevels will be like since there's no champion,ultimate,mega levels etc. Most of the story is similar and pretty bland; there's no actual charachter arcs, sure they grow up but it's not a huge improvement and it's predictable. The best thing that came out of those two seasons was the last few eps of boy hunters due to spoiler reasons. Xross wars seems like the concept was designed and then they said hey what if it was digimon. It seems it was developed with kids as the target audience.

Have you read the V-tamer,D-cyber etc manga's? They're pretty good. Also, have you watched all of the movies? X-evolution is great and was one of the last ones to come out.

CrazyDude

I have a test in federal taxation the day cyber sleuth comes out and a test in business law 2 on Thursday, so I won't have much time to play the game.

Drop

I have a test in federal taxation the day cyber sleuth comes out and a test in business law 2 on Thursday, so I won't have much time to play the game.

I'm on the same boat except I have exams through good part of February, it sucks but I won't be able to play the game for a while.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I liked Xros Wars, it brought out my inner 5 year old within me, plus Shoutmon is really cool.

Plus I got sad when Beelzebumon died.

Xross wars sucks due to it having so many issues. Any digimon can fuse with anything it wants, you can't tell what the powerlevels will be like since there's no champion,ultimate,mega levels etc. Most of the story is similar and pretty bland; there's no actual charachter arcs, sure they grow up but it's not a huge improvement and it's predictable. The best thing that came out of those two seasons was the last few eps of boy hunters due to spoiler reasons. Xross wars seems like the concept was designed and then they said hey what if it was digimon. It seems it was developed with kids as the target audience.

Have you read the V-tamer,D-cyber etc manga's? They're pretty good. Also, have you watched all of the movies? X-evolution is great and was one of the last ones to come out.

Actually there was a level system in the form of the Xros numbering. Like for example Shoutmon X7 is stronger than Shoutmon X2.

Re:Digitize did get a very nice translation patch released last year that's worth checking out.
i'm too lazy to back and check out the old games bruh. too many games coming out this year too
Don't want to dna Pukumon or Seraphimon because of how strong they are and not going to dna an Ultimate with a Mega. AeroVeedramon is the only one not capped so I'm not going to dna him yet either.
yeah, sounds like you gotta get some more. although, if you dna'd puku and seraphi you'd get something really strong.

i'm too lazy to back and check out the old games bruh. too many games coming out this year too

yeah, sounds like you gotta get some more. although, if you dna'd puku and seraphi you'd get something really strong.

Got a SkullGreymon and Giromon. SkullGreymon's ability is crap so I might DNA him before reaching his cap depending on how high it is (got him at 22).

Got a SkullGreymon and Giromon. SkullGreymon's ability is crap so I might DNA him before reaching his cap depending on how high it is (got him at 22).
yeah skullgreymon is cool looking but i'd imagine he's pretty useless. if i were you though i'd still max him out before dnaing, just rises the potential of the fused digmon.

Nightbird

Thanks for the information, and no I haven't watched all the movies or read all the Mangas yet. Maybe I should do this instead :p

Not if it's the american version. All my yes if it's the Japanese version.

It's based off the American version ;-;

Stuart444

Okay, thanks :)
What were your issues with the series?

Honestly? It was boring. 30 eps in and it felt too samey. It's rare for me to go that much through a series and not want to go onto the next episode but it just felt... too boring and samey each episode to me.

So I dropped it around ep 30. I will go back to it one day but that's just so I can say I've seen each series tbh.

Nightbird

The ost is completely butchered then. It's a huge part of the show too.

Urgh, this is what turned me away from the dub of the current Pokémon Series too, so that's not good.

Honestly? It was boring. 30 eps in and it felt too samey. It's rare for me to go that much through a series and not want to go onto the next episode but it just felt... too boring and samey each episode to me.

So I dropped it around ep 30. I will go back to it one day but that's just so I can say I've seen each series tbh.

And that sounds even worse. I will watch a few episodes though. I'll give it until episode 5

Actually there was a level system in the form of the Xros numbering. Like for example Shoutmon X7 is stronger than Shoutmon X2.

Yeah but how strong is Shoutmon X4 compared to metalgreymon etc , it was a roulette when a random digimon appeared. The show just seemed really messy early on and near the end it gained some consistency.

Thanks for the information, and no I haven't watched all the movies or read all the Mangas yet. Maybe I should do this instead :p

Yup, the xross wars manga is better from what I've heard. I've only checked out a couple of chapters due to the throwbacks they had, but apparently the story is different as well. But I'd still check out everything else before fusion/xross.

Stuart444

Urgh, this is what turned me away from the dub of the current Pokémon Series too, so that's not good.

And that sounds even worse. I will watch a few episodes though. I'll give it until episode 5

If you don't like it, I'd recommend checking out the last 2 episodes (aka the end of hunters) on youtube. Or at least the important parts (they do a team up with several of the main characters from previous series'! The most enjoyable part of the series to me >.> because I like team ups like that lol. it was fun to watch)

If you don't like it, I'd recommend checking out the last 2 episodes (aka the end of hunters) on youtube. Or at least the important parts (they do a team up with several of the main characters from previous series'! The most enjoyable part of the series to me >.> because I like team ups like that lol. it was fun to watch)
Spoilers! /jk
http://www.digimonworld.org/2016/01/online-botamon-evolves-to-koromon.html

That nade nade thing from the next order website apparently unlocks bonuses.

Spent a bit more time grinding in Digimon World 2. Skullgreymon is now 25, AeroVeedramon is I think 29. You earn money way faster than I remember. Might catch a few Ultimates and just DNA them right away. Couldn't find a guide on what level caught Digimon cap at just what level DNA'd Digimon cap at.

Edit: Huh I beat the game since I have Tera Domain unlocked but I don't remember beating the last boss at all.

Spent a bit more time grinding in Digimon World 2. Skullgreymon is now 25, AeroVeedramon is I think 29. You earn money way faster than I remember. Might catch a few Ultimates and just DNA them right away. Couldn't find a guide on what level caught Digimon cap at just what level DNA'd Digimon cap at.

Edit: Huh I beat the game since I have Tera Domain unlocked but I don't remember beating the last boss at all.

There ain't a last boss in Tera domain. That's just a post campaign level to train your digimon and catch the most powerful in the game (since they're all basically fuckin megas)

Edit: ah,
i smoked a little and
misunderstood your post. You meant you realized you beat the game coz you had Tera domain, but you don't remember beating Gaia. My bad.

Wild Ultimates that are caught at level 21 cap at 27. If you DNA two ultimates who cap at 27, the resulting digimon will cap at level 32, I believe

Hope that helps

There ain't a last boss in Tera domain. That's just a post campaign level to train your digimon and catch the most powerful in the game (since they're all basically fuckin megas)

Edit: ah,
i smoked a little and
misunderstood your post. You meant you realized you beat the game coz you had Tera domain, but you don't remember beating Gaia. My bad.

Wild Ultimates that are caught at level 21 cap at 27. If you DNA two ultimates who cap at 27, the resulting digimon will cap at level 32, I believe

Hope that helps

I caught SkullGreymon at 22. I'm hoping he doesn't cap until 28. Then I can DNA him and my ShogunGekomon whose max level will be 32. Otherwise I'd get the Mega but not learn its skill.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

30 is around when it got better, haha. The second season, so to speak -- the second arc of the show, which was only recently brought over to the West -- is a vast improvement over the first. The character lineup is stronger, for spoilery reasons. 30-56 (or whatever it was) is so much better IMO.

I watched The Boy Hunters subbed... first time watching subbed Digimon except some of the movies. The music really was such a huge improvement; damn. I wish the show weren't so episodic though, but yeah, the last couple of episodes was fantastic.

I got burned out after 50 hours in DW2 because of how little exp you get. I have a pretty good team with Myotismon as the skilled warrior, Jijimon as my healer, and I forgot who I had in the third slot. I know that they were a wild card.

I wanted to get VenomMyotismon again to get his new attack, but it takes so long.

It looks like Digimon Heroes is out (at least in the US). I don't think it will be that good, but I need a time waster until Cyber Sleuth.

hey digigaf
i'm joining you guys
who else hyped for CS

Welcome!

All aboard the HypeLocomon!

VZum0uR.jpg

I got burned out after 50 hours in DW2 because of how little exp you get. I have a pretty good team with Myotismon as the skilled warrior, Jijimon as my healer, and I forgot who I had in the third slot. I know that they were a wild card.

I wanted to get VenomMyotismon again to get his new attack, but it takes so long.

I think the team I had when I beat the game was Piedmon, MetalSeadramon and someone else. Maybe Metalgarurumon. Looked up how to get the most powerful Digimon. I don't recognize the name of the Data one (Baihumon).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Played some Digimon Heroes. It's pretty much Puzzle and Dragons but easier :p Had some Google credit that I had on me, so I put some of that in for a starter money pack. NO real money will be spent on this though! And I stand by that.

Welcome :)

Quite hyped here. Not long left, a week on Friday for us UKers :D

edit: can I just get confirmation from any Netflix subscribers (not subbed atm to it).

What versions of Digimon are up on Netflix? Just Xros Wars dub or anything more?

Netflix had the first 3 seasons subbed and dubbed at one point but I'm not sure anymore. Don't think they ever had Xros Wars but I know Crunchyroll does (subbed).

Edit: Netflix only has the first season (dubbed) and fusion. Crunchyroll has the first 4 seasons dubbed and Xros Wars subbed. No Savers though. All of Savers subbed at one point (as well as basically every other episode of Digimon) was on YouTube which is where I watched it but it's gone now.

Stuart444

Netflix had the first 3 seasons subbed and dubbed at one point but I'm not sure anymore. Don't think they ever had Xros Wars but I know Crunchyroll does (subbed).

Edit: Netflix only has the first season (dubbed) and fusion. Crunchyroll has the first 4 seasons dubbed and Xros Wars subbed. No Savers though. All of Savers subbed at one point (as well as basically every other episode of Digimon) was on YouTube which is where I watched it but it's gone now.

Thanks. It's just to update the Op when I get time. I put links to the subbed versions when they were on Netflix and all but I forgot to change it after Netflix took things off so just double checking what needs to be added, removed or changed. :)

They do? I'll have to quickly check since my prime runs out in a few weeks and I don't plan on renewing it (at least not til later in the year)
Yeah it's been there for a while.
You can check if you don't have prime,i watched a couple of episodes of frontier a couple of months ago. I can't handle the savers English dub after watching the original dub.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
It sucks that I have to wait a few weeks after launch to play Cyber Sleuth, but I'm gonna fill that Digi-shaped hole in life with a fast-paced rewatch of Savers. My friend and I love Savers so much -- and it's what brought me back into Digimon in a big way several years ago. I'm excited.

Might download that card game too!

Stuart444

It sucks that I have to wait a few weeks after launch to play Cyber Sleuth, but I'm gonna fill that Digi-shaped hole in life with a fast-paced rewatch of Savers. My friend and I love Savers so much -- and it's what brought me back into Digimon in a big way several years ago. I'm excited.

Might download that card game too!

Always good to have more Saver fans here :D

Top Bottom