• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I disabled trophy notifications as soon as I could. Sometimes I almost wish I cared about them -- they seem to give folks lots of satisfaction -- but I'm just incapable of it. :p

I disabled trophy notifications as soon as I could. Sometimes I almost wish I cared about them -- they seem to give folks lots of satisfaction -- but I'm just incapable of it. :p
you don't care about trophies at all? that's a first :p

but hey yo, to each their own, you know

I also have no real interest in trophies. They don't really serve any purpose for me.
most of the time i don't actively pursue trophies when playing games, however, it is a nice feeling when earning them. Mass Effect 2 was the first time in a game when I decided to ump the ante (is that what they call it) and beat it on its hardest difficulty and get the platinum.

to this day, it's the only platinum I got and I sport it proudly. =]

Stuart444

I like trophies, I find them fun to go after, almost like a check list of things to do in games I find 'fun' enough to do them. If it becomes unfun, I don't do them.

I've gotten 2 platinums since the start of the year, I'm hoping to get 2 more but I'll settle for one (the one being Digimon Story CS :) )

Yeah, I don't like going for them unless the game's fun, I don't see the point in grinding 100 hours for any of them though, if they add on to the game I'll go for them. Having said that, I do check the guide out before if a game seems like it'll be fun. I'm going to try for cs' but all star rumbles were boring af so I didn't bother.

Yeah, I don't like going for them unless the game's fun, I don't see the point in grinding 100 hours for any of them though, if they add on to the game I'll go for them. Having said that, I do check the guide out before if a game seems like it'll be fun. I'm going to try for cs' but all star rumbles were boring af so I didn't bother.
should we expect lots of grinding with cyber sleuth?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Oh snap, Artisan, you got me on Mass Effect 2, actually, come to think of it. I got my only Platinum on that game, haha. It was the one time I cared. :p

Oh snap, Artisan, you got me on Mass Effect 2, actually, come to think of it. I got my only Platinum on that game, haha. It was the one time I cared. :p
holy moley forreal? you're only platinum and the one time you cared? that's makes two of us xD

I did try to platinum tekken tag hd and yakuza 3 but I pretty much gave up on both. Me2 shall remain my one and only
shiny platinum trophy

Sometimes it helps stop the temptation to buy other games when you're trying to save money :p

Oh yeah I can kinda l understand why others would do it, that and some people just enjoy some games more than I do. I think skyrim took me to 105 because of the dlc and I was a broke sixth form/college (high school in us) student. I was aiming it more at the heavyweights where they spend obscene amounts of time and I guess 100 wasn't a good number. What people do in their own time is up to them, but their time could probably be used better rather than going for trophies - although you could say that about anything tbh, so that's where I draw the line lol. If someone gets genuine enjoyment out off all that time then there isn't an issue though. But some trophies are such a chore. I enjoyed the sonic generations plat as well.
should we expect lots of grinding with cyber sleuth?
I dunno Ill look when I get the game, Stuart can probably answer this lol,I've only played like 30mins in japan on a display thing.

Stuart444

I dunno Ill look when I get the game, Stuart can probably answer this lol,I've only played like 30mins in japan on a display thing.

Haha, well I got a lot of trophies (not all but a lot) and the most grinding I did was when I was evolving/devolving Digimon but that becomes trivial by the end of the game. PlatSuka or PlatNumemon + EXP USB equipment along with items to increase friendship (ie meat you can feed them on the farm) and it's quite simple to get most any Digimon you want. Only a few are locked behind certain things (DLC, Digimentals (Digieggs), beating the Digimon that you want to evolve into (The Royal Knights))

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-story-cyber-sleuth-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

Like I posted before this guide is pretty good for getting the Platinum and the only missables is the medal collector since Victory Uchida gives you a unique item every chapter he appears in and a few of them are medals iirc.

It's not too difficult really. I just got lazy with the JP version after dying repeatedly to the DLC demon lord boss (Lucemon... damn you Lucemon). And that wasn't even for a trophy since it's a DLC boss. I just wanted to beat him and after a few tries, I felt burnt out.

English version will have me getting all the trophies this time :)

A fun CS fact: At one point, I Had every Savers Digimon partner in my team (Ravemon, Rosemon, Shinegreymon and MirageGaogamon. I just wanted them XD)

edit: Also if you are doing the DigiLine quizzes and can't figure out an answer, it's probably a JP Culture one in which case, use google or ask in the OT. I know a lot of them now when I see them so I can help if I see any posts about it :) You can also get it wrong and be told the right answer for the next time. This is just for people who want to get the (I think it's 30 quizzes you need to get right) DigiLine quiz trophy out of the way ASAP. :)

(One of the streams from Bamco EU showed that the DigiLine JP Culture quizzes are still in so unless they have taken that out, you might end up learning a few things either via google/from the OT or from getting it wrong and being told the right answer by the Digimon :p )

The 3 types of quizzes are:

Non-game related quizzes (Ie a math question or how many wards in Tokyo there is)
General Game related quizzes (ie questions about characters or where you've been in the game)
Digimon related quizzes (ie what is this Digimon (with a description of it) or what type of skill is this or stuff like that)

Just for the curious :)

Haha, well I got a lot of trophies (not all but a lot) and the most grinding I did was when I was evolving/devolving Digimon but that becomes trivial by the end of the game. PlatSuka or PlatNumemon + EXP USB equipment along with items to increase friendship (ie meat you can feed them on the farm) and it's quite simple to get most any Digimon you want. Only a few are locked behind certain things (DLC, Digimentals (Digieggs), beating the Digimon that you want to evolve into (The Royal Knights))

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-story-cyber-sleuth-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

Like I posted before this guide is pretty good for getting the Platinum and the only missables is the medal collector since Victory Uchida gives you a unique item every chapter he appears in and a few of them are medals iirc.
Oh, thanks I only cared about missables anyways. Hopefully battling is fast, I wasted too Many hours on the ds games devolving etc so I doubt I'll get burnt from platting this, the vita +ps4 crossave is such a great feature, props to Sony +bn for implementing it. I like challenges as well, I've heard about the demon Lord dlc, not looking forward to it ><. The quizzes seem interesting /fun.

Digimon is one of the few serious' where idgaf, I will no life this game. (un?) Luckily It's a weekend release in the UK.

Also, I noticed it hasn't been up for pre order on Amazon UK - for a couple of days at least - anyone knows wth is up with that?

Stuart444

Also, I noticed it hasn't been up for pre order on Amazon UK - for a couple of days at least - anyone knows wth is up with that?

I have no clue o_O I've got it pre-ordered on there as well. I don't want to but I'll switch my pre-order if it's not back up by the end of the month or we have an explanation.

I want this day one and all >.>

I wanted to love Digimon World 2 so much but some of the later dungeons are extremely annoying with all the traps. I might try playing it again if my disc still works.
I agree man, that game was extremely fucking flawed but for some reason I kept on going back to it over and over again, over the ages.

speaking of DMW2, I hope some of the game mechanics are retained. We (others in the thread) spoke about it before.

I agree man, that game was extremely fucking flawed but for some reason I kept on going back to it over and over again, over the ages.

speaking of DMW2, I hope some of the game mechanics are retained. We (others in the thread) spoke about it before.

I liked how breeding and leveling worked but catching anything above champion was so expensive. Think I'm gonna plug in my PS1 after Cardinals-Panthers ends and see if my disk still works. My team if I remember right was Metalseadramon, Piedmon and Metalgarurumon.

I liked how breeding and leveling worked but catching anything above champion was so expensive. Think I'm gonna plug in my PS1 after Cardinals-Panthers ends and see if my disk still works. My team if I remember right was Metalseadramon, Piedmon and Metalgarurumon.
endless grinding got you endless bits too. the problem was how annoying the traversing was. the digibeetle shit was cool, but all the traps - the spores, bugs, amount of levels in the domains and the digimon following you for fights all put together made it over the top fucking annoying to play the godforsaken game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I wanted to love Digimon World 2 so much but some of the later dungeons are extremely annoying with all the traps. I might try playing it again if my disc still works.

As a European I had no idea that Digimon World 2 existed heck we even got Digimon World 3 but it was aptly renamed to Digimon World 2003 giving no hints that it was a sequel, I only found out when I got the internet.

Not too cut up about it since it was a dungeon crawler and I am not too fond of that genre.

As a European I had no idea that Digimon World 2 existed heck we even got Digimon World 3 but it was aptly renamed to Digimon World 2003 giving no hints that it was a sequel, I only found out when I got the internet.

Not too cut up about it since it was a dungeon crawler and I am not too fond of that genre.

other than the theme and the common element of metalgreymon in the first two games, I don't think there was anything that linked them together.

Found my copy of Digimon World 2 and it still works. My current team is:

Level 38 Seraphimon (capped)
Level 32 Pukumon
Level 26 AeroVeedramon
Level 33 Metalgarurumon
Level 23 ShogunGekomon

Have no idea which dungeon I should grind in.

np. there's a glitch with the ram domain in that on one of the sub boss levels after you beat him, you can go and fight him again and again (or catch the digimon if you wanted to).

Interesting. Might head there next time I play. On my team, I combined Metalseadra and Piedmon into Magnaangemon who's now Seraphimon. Pukumon I can't remember but he was originally Gekomon and has a great offensive movepool (has an attack that hits everyone and lowers defenses). AeroVeedramon I'm confused with because he's named Veemon but only has attacks from Veemon, Veedramon and AeroVeedramon. Metalgarurumon I caught as him and only has 1 or 2 more levels before he's capped. ShogunGekomon I didn't really check.

Interesting. Might head there next time I play. On my team, I combined Metalseadra and Piedmon into Magnaangemon who's now Seraphimon. Pukumon I can't remember but he was originally Gekomon and has a great offensive movepool (has an attack that hits everyone and lowers defenses). AeroVeedramon I'm confused with because he's named Veemon but only has attacks from Veemon, Veedramon and AeroVeedramon. Metalgarurumon I caught as him and only has 1 or 2 more levels before he's capped. ShogunGekomon I didn't really check.
pukumon's attack lowers the defenses of everyone? I'm pretty sure you're thinking of okuwamon. Pukumon did hit everyone but I don't remember him lowering defense.

As for magnaangemon, I'm not sure how you got him from metalseadramon and piedmon because it's vaccine + data = data, data + virus = virus, and virus + vaccine = vaccine

pukumon's attack lowers the defenses of everyone? I'm pretty sure you're thinking of okuwamon. Pukumon did hit everyone but I don't remember him lowering defense.

As for magnaangemon, I'm not sure how you got him from metalseadramon and piedmon because it's vaccine + data = data, data + virus = virus, and virus + vaccine = vaccine

Pukumon's hits everyone but someone I bred him with had that. He also has an attack that hits everyone and lowers speed as well.

I might be wrong on Metalseadramon but I know for sure Piedmon was one of them since he has Trump Sword.

Pukumon's hits everyone but someone I bred him with had that. He also has an attack that hits everyone and lowers speed as well.

I might be wrong on Metalseadramon but I know for sure Piedmon was one of them since he has Trump Sword.
yeah you definitely bred an okuwamon somewhere in there to get it. i believe the attack is called duo scissor claw, yeah?

&&yeah, maybe your magnaangemon has some metalseadramon lineage but you probably got him from a vaccine with Piedmon.

yeah you definitely bred an okuwamon somewhere in there to get it. i believe the attack is called duo scissor claw, yeah?

&&yeah, maybe your magnaangemon has some metalseadramon lineage but you probably got him from a vaccine with Piedmon.

Will need to check what other mega level attacks he has. Only other attack I recognized on him was Metalgreymon's who sounds like Arnold Schwartznsomething.

Shit I need to get more Digimon. Four of my five are capped. Took me awhile to figure out how to do it and then I tried throwing an A grade item at Skullgreymon but didn't have another turn for another. Forgot they take multiple even though you get a guaranteed Metalgreymon for only one.

Shit I need to get more Digimon. Four of my five are capped. Took me awhile to figure out how to do it and then I tried throwing an A grade item at Skullgreymon but didn't have another turn for another. Forgot they take multiple even though you get a guaranteed Metalgreymon for only one.
that doesn't necessarily mean you need more, you can just dna the capped ones that you have unless you want to keep them separate

every digimon world game or just every digimon game overall

Well, she was in both Re:Digitize and Cyber Sleuth, despite those being two different series. So I imagine that they're looking at Mirei as being a character they can reuse in whatever Digimon game they make, especially given that she already has a penchant for dimension hopping.

Well, she was in both Re:Digitize and Cyber Sleuth, despite those being two different series. So I imagine that they're looking at Mirei as being a character they can reuse in whatever Digimon game they make, especially given that she already has a penchant for dimension hopping.
hm, interesting. so are the digimon game series a shared universe?

Not played it and I have no interest in it from what I've read on it. So I don't know.
arite. i played dmw1 very briefly as a kid and there is a jijimon on file island (isn't there also one in the tamers season?) and there's also one on file island in 2, so I think it's likely they're in the same universe

Nah he's not, but I thought the same until later in the game. Dw2 isn't as bad as 4 but is grundy and I wouldn't play it again.
grundy, lol

objectively...I think it's safe to say it's not a good game, but still. just because of what it was, I kept on going back to it again and again and a-fucking-gain.

btw, how do you know it's not the same?

Stuart444

arite. i played dmw1 very briefly as a kid and there is a jijimon on file island (isn't there also one in the tamers season?) and there's also one on file island in 2, so I think it's likely they're in the same universe

Nah, Digimon are Digimon. They can be different ones in different universes quite easily.

Is Shoutmon in Cyber Sleuth?

Nope, he's in Next Order if we get that though. But that depends on CS.

Nah, Digimon are Digimon. They can be different ones in different universes quite easily.
This is true, however, I expressed before that that's something that I never really liked; how they've been separating all the damn universes. And it's not just with Digimon, I don't like when any sort of fiction does it. Just a personal preference.

Top Bottom