• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny, because I don't even necessarily consider Heroes a "card game". The cards don't have stats, it's just a glorified "match these colours together" game :p The coloured objects just happen to be cards and you collect Digimon as "cards", but they might as well be portraits or whatever.

LycanXIII

Netflix had the first 3 seasons subbed and dubbed at one point but I'm not sure anymore. Don't think they ever had Xros Wars but I know Crunchyroll does (subbed).

Edit: Netflix only has the first season (dubbed) and fusion. Crunchyroll has the first 4 seasons dubbed and Xros Wars subbed. No Savers though. All of Savers subbed at one point (as well as basically every other episode of Digimon) was on YouTube which is where I watched it but it's gone now.

Nope, Netflix US has the first three seasons dubbed, they're just under the same label instead of Adventure/Tamers. Hulu also has them, along with Frontier dubbed and Tri.

Wonder why Savers/Data Squad isn't being streamed anywhere.
It's on Amazon UK, maybe nobody wants to pay the license fee in the US? Or however they purchase rights to stream stuff

The artwork is weird as hell, not that it's bad, I remember people hyping over the artwork due to the artist being famous. They've chosen some random digimon to put into it.

I downloaded Digimon Heroes pretty much solely based on hearing that it didn't use dub names.

It seems okay. I'll probably play around with it a bit and see what Digimon I can get.

right. But, at least when you DNA him with another mega, you'll get an ultimate instead of a champion.

True. Anyways now SkullGreymon is 27 and AeroVeedramon is 30 and they'll both level again at about the same time (101exp apart) which is nice. Looked up like 3 times who AeroVeedramon digivolves into but I forgot already lol.

Edit: AeroVeedramon digivolved into Phoenixmon and I DNA'd SkullGreymon and ShogunGekomon into Darkrizamon. The guide I'm looking at says his next digivolution (ExTyrannomon) can't digivolve to Mega. Is that true?

True. Anyways now SkullGreymon is 27 and AeroVeedramon is 30 and they'll both level again at about the same time (101exp apart) which is nice. Looked up like 3 times who AeroVeedramon digivolves into but I forgot already lol.

Edit: AeroVeedramon digivolved into Phoenixmon and I DNA'd SkullGreymon and ShogunGekomon into Darkrizamon. The guide I'm looking at says his next digivolution (ExTyrannomon) can't digivolve to Mega. Is that true?
yes. Some digimon just don't digivolve in that game. Other examples are Numemon, mega/gigadramon (one of the two) there might be a few more but not that many.

Damnit. Should have checked before I DNA'd them.
he's still got some pretty decent attacks though dunne? iirc he's got dark tyrannomon's fire blast, and then he's got...that attack that weakens all the data digimon on the field.

wait a minute...I might be getting him confused with warumonzaemon. Maybe he's the one with pretty attack or some shit like that that disables some of your digimon's best attacks?

he's still got some pretty decent attacks though dunne? iirc he's got dark tyrannomon's fire blast, and then he's got...that attack that weakens all the data digimon on the field.

wait a minute...I might be getting him confused with warumonzaemon. Maybe he's the one with pretty attack or some shit like that that disables some of your digimon's best attacks?

Yeah he has Pretty Attack and Pit Pelter.

Yeah he has Pretty Attack and Pit Pelter.
ah there we go! pit pelter

&& the thing about pretty attack, i'm pretty sure it doesn't even fuckin work on enemy digimon. that's one of the things that pissed me off about that game is that it disabled some of the perks attacks had on enemies. like, if your digimon has confusion power, it won't work on boss digimon. what the fuck. where's the fucking fun in that

Stuart444

The World games, at least 1&2 are "use a guide or get fucked" kind of games.

At least for Digimon World 1. A Digivolution guide is handy but not needed. At least for Rookie -> Champion.

As long as you know about care mistakes at least. If you don't and you overwork your Digimon a lot, you're fucked.

I always kept my Agumon's stats even which got me Greymon a good 9/10 of the time. The other time was when I train brains too high and get Centarumon.

It is funny however making your way to Toy Town on a new file as a Numemon, getting inside and then getting Monzaemon. (happened on my first or second playthrough when I was first played it as a kid).

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has done that without meaning too (aka not a challenge run where someone on purposely gets a Numemon to go through the game with :p )

For other Ultimates though, yeah best to use a Digivolution guide otherwise you're likely to waste a lot of time as you try and try and your Digimon ends up dying from old age (unless you're lucky and get Phoenixmon from the ashes of your Birdramon who died in battle - that was a fun day)

Stuart444

https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoEU/videos/1035290066532077/

A quick video with the Producer, of CS, Kazumasa Habu.

Nothing new in the video, just a quick video saying how they aimed the original Digimon Story (Digimon World DS overseas) at children while CS is aimed more at adults (aka their fans who have grown up now) and how the fan campaign allowed them to bring Digimon Story: CS over to the west.

Next week, he will be answering questions (according to the Bandai Namco FB page there).

L95

DW3 was slightly better in that regard, but you better be dedicated to that game. Good luck to you if you forget where your next objective is, or how to get there thanks to no quick-travel.

Took me the longest time to figure out how to get to the, uh, mountain? zone. I kept getting lost in the underground tunnels(circuit board). Hate the tunnels. They all look the same >:c

At least for Digimon World 1. A Digivolution guide is handy but not needed. At least for Rookie -> Champion.

As long as you know about care mistakes at least. If you don't and you overwork your Digimon a lot, you're fucked.

I always kept my Agumon's stats even which got me Greymon a good 9/10 of the time. The other time was when I train brains too high and get Centarumon.

It is funny however making your way to Toy Town on a new file as a Numemon, getting inside and then getting Monzaemon. (happened on my first or second playthrough when I was first played it as a kid).

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has done that without meaning too (aka not a challenge run where someone on purposely gets a Numemon to go through the game with :p )

For other Ultimates though, yeah best to use a Digivolution guide otherwise you're likely to waste a lot of time as you try and try and your Digimon ends up dying from old age (unless you're lucky and get Phoenixmon from the ashes of your Birdramon who died in battle - that was a fun day)
Getting Monzaemon that way blew my mind at the time. I remember being so excited that I could get a legit ultimate (not using those shitty items) who could help me beat the game.

Also, the Greymon and Airdramon fights forced on you after a certain point can easily end your game. They're so tough if you're unprepared.

I lost my Digimon World 1 disc a long time ago but I remember beating the game with Andromon, which I think most people got if they treated their digimon like shit. >_>

L95

I feel like I'm looking at the wrong thread, in the cyber sleuth release date thread people are asking how the game plays and stuff, I don't see much graphics talk.

what are you talking about? what's going on?

huh?
what's the reason?

I'm guessing this is the thread everyone's talking about; I've been in and out of it, not sure what the commotion is though

There were a couple of pages of people bitching about upscaled textures,performance etc... Like with every game ~_~.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The World games, at least 1&2 are "use a guide or get fucked" kind of games.

Yeah, I was sick of getting just Numemon so I brought the guide to figure what the heck I was suppose to do.

I tried so hard to get Agumon to evolve into Greymon, first he evolved into Centarumon so I just ran with that till he died of old age.

But I couldn't figure how to get him to evolve to Greymon as the guide said keep his stats even at 100, which confused me as I did that I end up with Centarumon.

So I said fuck it and aimed for Tyrannomon...ended up getting Greymon. ¬_¬;

I had no idea how I managed that but I didn't care as I had Greymon and I also unlocked the next rank allowing me to evolve him to Metal Greymon, I love him and had a happy face as I watched him tear shit up.

Then he died of old age and I was upset over that as I worked hard to get him and he was gone.

I thought about recreating him but I just didn't have the heart to do so and I ended up going with other Digimon before dropping the game.

Stuart444

Yeah, there IS a degree of randomness to that. Even if you do everything perfect (ie for Greymon, get all his stats and the bonus condition and 0 care mistakes), you can still end up getting a Digimon you don't want if it matches the conditions for another.

I think I once saw a speed run where someone manipulated the RNG by doing certain things and running a certain path that allowed him to get Greymon first time, no issues. I forget which video it was, it was last year or something I watched it.

I got into an argument with Amazon Customer Support trying to make sure Cyber Sleuth would come on the 2nd since I pre-ordered it before their recent Prime same day delivery. The person said they'd up me to 1 day shipping (had the standard 2 day Prime shipping) but they didn't even end up doing that. Eventually after I kept telling them it's suppose to arrive on the 2nd not ship on the 2nd, they said if there's a promotion that it'll arrive on time. I have little hope though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I got into an argument with Amazon Customer Support trying to make sure Cyber Sleuth would come on the 2nd since I pre-ordered it before their recent Prime same day delivery. The person said they'd up me to 1 day shipping (had the standard 2 day Prime shipping) but they didn't even end up doing that. Eventually after I kept telling them it's suppose to arrive on the 2nd not ship on the 2nd, they said if there's a promotion that it'll arrive on time. I have little hope though.

Yeah I noticed that mine also says that it's coming in on the 4th. Personally, I don't mind since I'm too busy this week to start on Tuesday anyways, but it does suck for people wanting to play day 1 :/

huh? why is that a reason a reason to bitch? upscaled textures = better product, dunnit?
Not really, since it's like stretching them.
But I dunno how much effort they put into the ps4 version.

@MrJoker

You needed a guide, my brother saw a guide in a magazine and that got used a lot over the years. Care mistakes, weight, not having stats similar to another digimon ,no. Of battles, happiness, discipline all played a part.
Also stuff like happiness /discipline affect life span for ultimates.

Also, cyber sleuth ot has been up for a while in case anyone missed it :
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1178277

Digimon Adventure 02 Bluray Set: Jogress Edition

XjTpPAF.jpg

via Bokutachi

Also, cyber sleuth ot has been up for a while in case anyone missed it :
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1178277

Thanks, forgot to post that here.

Is it worth it to argue with Amazon Customer Support about not getting Cyber Sleuth on Tuesday instead of Thursday since I had it pre-ordered over a month ago?

Is it worth it to argue with Amazon Customer Support about not getting Cyber Sleuth on Tuesday instead of Thursday since I had it pre-ordered over a month ago?

You could probably get something out of it, some people got one-day shipping when they complained. I wouldn't blame Amazon too much though, it seems like they didn't get the stock in time for release day shipping.

Top Bottom