• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Ultimadrago

Just started using my Lilithmon, BlackWarGrey and GranKuwaga in real battle...

dish9.gif

silva1991

BlackKingNumemon (Ultimate, literally just got him which is who I found out XD)

Quick Question, anyone know who can become Gankoomon and Dynasmon?

Only 2 Royal Knights left outside of Paladin mode to become.

I had one of those before

sullmeramon/superstarmon = Gankomon

aeroveedramon/silphymon = Dynasmon

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

Silphymon and AeroVeedramon can turn into Dynasmon

SkullMeramon and SuperStarmon can turn into Gankoomon

Lexxism

Yeah they're permanent. But you can remove them with restraint chips.

Upload to twitter, open image in new tab on twitter and then add :eek:rig to the end of the .JPG bit.

You could also save the screenshot, take them off via USB and put them onto your comp to upload.

Just 100 total across all stats

Again, using the math: (ABI / 2 ) + 50. 100 total.

Yup, they are permenant. Although you can buy bonus stats reducing item called restraint chip from the shop at EDEN entrance to reduce unwanted bonus stats.

A digimon can have a maximum of 100 bonus stats to allocate where the total is calculated as (ABI/2)+50.

So a 50 ABI digimon will only have (50/2)+50=75 bonus stats to allocate.
I see. A digimon can only take a total of +100 bonus stats. thanks.

I usually just upload my PS4 screenshots to Facebook in an album that's only visible to me. Then you can just copy the image url directly from Facebook. It's super fast doing it that way.
that's actually a great idea. I think I'll just do that since I don't have a twitter. Thanks

SkullMeramon and Superstarmon can turn into Gankoomon iirc.

EDIT: aha very late

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I assume you just started the game? Because later on this is definitely not the case. Especially if you abuse platsuka/platnume and tactician usbs

Chapter 2

So quite early

I'm trying to figure out how to properly prep for my 3 PlatSukas and my Tactician USBs. I know Pabumon->Motimon->Hagurumon->PlatinumSukamon->Etemon->PlatinumNubemon is what I need.

Tactician USBs require a certain number of Builder personality Digimon, right? The only one I have is Agumon and I intend him to basically be my primary Digimon (Wargreymon DEF Pierce get). I need to populate the DigiFarm with (expensive) Developer Know-How times I can buy in the DigiLab, and I need to start a higher quality research and save just before there's 1 minute remaining? If you save too late then you'll always get the same item? And you just keep doing that until Tactician USBs show up.

Get 9 (6 now for the Sukas, 3 more when they become Numes), take them to the Chapter 4 Hagurumon case for optimal grinding. Am I in the ballpark here?

Does anyone have that image of the all the digivolutions? I tried going back to look for it but no luck. I've filled out most of the database through blind testing but I want to start finishing it up now.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

pixxxelz

Chapter 16. It's where I am now. I've learned its basically impossible on Hard without some of the Digimon you unlock in chapter 19. The last battle is just insane without some of the heavy hitting Data type Royal Knights. All the vids I've seen of the fight so far are using them. I've been trying to beat it without them and yea it's not happening. Gonna wait until I unlock some Royal Knights first.
Ah its gonna be a while before I get there then,I think I'm gonna switch the game to hard mode too, normal is not doing it for me.

does mirei just stop helping you after a certain point? she keeps telling me "out of time" now but before she helped you when you couldn't figure out where to go

Stuart444

does mirei just stop helping you after a certain point? she keeps telling me "out of time" now but before she helped you when you couldn't figure out where to go

I didn't know she helped us at all outside of the requests that tell you to go see her lol.

edit: Just got the Digimon Professor trophy, 200 Digimon registered in the field guide. :D

Zhao_Yun

It helps, but I started getting them at as early as Rank 2 (with 2 Dev-Know-How in the farm). As long as you have enough Builders to make the development time 20 min. I would keep doing it as you continue through the story getting more FarmExpansions.

You don't have to, just have all builders and as many Developer Know-How to increase the quality of goods. Save sub 1min and pray to rng gods, reset if you don't get it and repeat.

Thx, got myself 4 USBs with a Rank 2 farm and am now grinding a bit in the Hagurumon dungeon. I'll try not to overdo it though since I'd like the game to stay at least a bit challenging :p

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Digimon Level in the DigiFarm doesn't matter right? Can I cram a group of 10 babies and in-trainings in there with all Builder personalities?

demonkaze

You don't have to, just have all builders and as many Developer Know-How to increase the quality of goods. Save sub 1min and pray to rng gods, reset if you don't get it and repeat.

I tried doing this myself, saving about 30 seconds before it was complete and I was always given the same item. What time is the sweetspot to save the game at?

evilalien

If you are always getting the same item, you actually saved after the timer ended for the item development or you are supremely unlucky. The timer doesn't stop while you are in the menus trying to save, it does stop while you are in the farm menus though. Save a bit earlier next time and then resave on alternating slots every time you reload and get the wrong item to push the timer down as far as possible without going too far.

I didn't know she helped us at all outside of the requests that tell you to go see her lol.

edit: Just got the Digimon Professor trophy, 200 Digimon registered in the field guide. :D
yeah, in the past missions when I did shit and didn't know where to go next, you would go talk to her and she'd tell you (I think it was when I was looking for someone on kowloon level 1) but after that she hasn't been...so is she just not gonna help out anymore at all?

MongKey

yeah, in the past missions when I did shit and didn't know where to go next, you would go talk to her and she'd tell you (I think it was when I was looking for someone on kowloon level 1) but after that she hasn't been...so is she just not gonna help out anymore at all?
Curiously, what Chapter are you in?

For me, Mirei will usually tell me where to go in regards to story mission. When there is no story mission going on, she will just throw out a generic line.

Croc

Banned
fuck me this Great Challenge 7 is the first time in the game my whole battle team has died at once lol

I think I'll still probably win my first time but I actually got nervous for a second.

edit: who should I digivolve my DoruGreymon into? Alphamon or Examon?

Curiously, what Chapter are you in?

For me, Mirei will usually tell me where to go in regards to story mission. When there is no story mission going on, she will just throw out a generic line.
I have to check my trophies to figure that out, last one I unlocked was the one for chapter 6. but that's the thing though...after doing my last mission I didn't know what to do next, so I just picked up a new case.

speaking of which, when I first started playing I thought all the cases with the red pins were mandatory for campaign, but iirc there's one with a blue pin that was within the main story too.

EDIT: I literally just made it to chapter 7. i'm in that cutscene/convo with the businessman

I have to check my trophies to figure that out, last one I unlocked was the one for chapter 6. but that's the thing though...after doing my last mission I didn't know what to do next, so I just picked up a new case.

speaking of which, when I first started playing I thought all the cases with the red pins were mandatory for campaign, but iirc there's one with a blue pin that was within the main story too.

You can actually check what you have to do in a mission in your character profile. Should have a Case Details menu or something. That, and talking to Kyoko usually leads to unlocking main story quests.

As for Mirei I'm in the same boat. She always says 'I'm lost' and 'I'm out of time'.

You can actually check what you have to do in a mission in your character profile. Should have a Case Details menu or something. That, and talking to Kyoko usually leads to unlocking main story quests.
Interesting, thanks. So it's kinda like the journal in ME. But unless Kyoko has a ! on top of her head, she desn't usually unlock missions for me. Just either tells me that I should get busy, or wonders how my case is going.
As for Mirei I'm in the same boat. She always says 'I'm lost' and 'I'm out of time'.
that's how it is now but in the beginning of the game the first few chapters, she was able to point me in the right direction

EDIT: ah, I just finished my last conversation with Kyoko at the start of chapter 7, I went to the digi lab and Mirei says to go to the medal shop. So she does still help you out ;)

btw, I like how Mirei is a character in several of the Digimon games. Neat little way to connect the universes

huh1678

Banned
I tried doing this myself, saving about 30 seconds before it was complete and I was always given the same item. What time is the sweetspot to save the game at?

I usually time my saves til like 10-15seconds before but it should reset regardless whether you set it at 1min or 2 , that last second is when rng kicks in.

MongKey

EDIT: I literally just made it to chapter 7. i'm in that cutscene/convo with the businessman
Red pins quessts on the whiteboard are main requests that are mandatory to progress the story. Blue and yellows are side quests.

The progression of game is basically, story > red pin quests > story > next chapter.

If you are stuck in a chapter and have no more whiteboard quests to do then talking to Kyoko will reveal places of interest which when you go will have people with ! on top of their head. Talking to them will add a new red pin quest to the whiteboard. Completing all of the red pin quests will automatically progress you in the story. Mirei will give out directions in the story section and say generic stuffs during the red pin quests section. You can check the whiteboard quests objective in the player menu, under the case tab.

Hope this helps.

Croc

Banned
god I'm getting so annoyed at this last battle of the Legendary cup. Does Character Reversal just not work on any of them?

Red pins quessts on the whiteboard are main requests that are mandatory to progress the story. Blue and yellows are side quests.

The progression of game is basically, story > red pin quests > story > next chapter.

If you are stuck in a chapter and have no more whiteboard quests to do then talking to Kyoko will reveal places of interest which when you go will have people with ! on top of their head. Talking to them will add a new red pin quest to the whiteboard. Completing all of the red pin quests will automatically progress you in the story. Mirei will give out directions in the story section and say generic stuffs during the red pin quests section. You can check the whiteboard quests objective in the player menu, under the case tab.

Hope this helps.
thanks. yes, that helps and it's what I thought was supposed to be the way this game's campaign flows too. however, I think I recall opening a case with a blue or a green pin on it that was indeed part of the main story, I could be wrong though but up until that point (and still to this point) I haven't opened up any cases that I didn't have to.

Croc

Banned
It seems that they are immune to status effects. I couldn't poison them, lower their stats, or bug them.

That's really annoying that you don't get any kind of indication about that cause now I feel like I wasted my entire time fighting through that whole cup only to (probably) have to do it over again...

MongKey

thanks. yes, that helps and it's what I thought was supposed to be the way this game's campaign flows too. however, I think I recall opening a case with a blue or a green pin on it that was indeed part of the main story, I could be wrong though but up until that point (and still to this point) I haven't opened up any cases that I didn't have to.
Oh, I know that feeling. The blue and yellow pins side quests are pretty well done that they felt like a part of the story.

My guess is that the early ones are part of the story since its the tutorial and such. The only ones that I can confirm are completely filler are the green pins since you get them from the farm and they are never ending.

Anyway since you are not having any problem progressing the story, it doesn't really matter in the end :p

What is the best strategy for beating an eater?

I believe I am on Chapter 7. I'm fighting wisemon and then an eater shows up. I'm having issues with both.

Oh, I know that feeling. The blue and yellow pins side quests are pretty well done that they felt like a part of the story.

My guess is that the early ones are part of the story since its the tutorial and such. The only ones that I can confirm are completely filler are the green pins since you get them from the farm and they are never ending.
The fuck? How would you close the damn cases then?
Anyway since you are not having any problem progressing the story, it doesn't really matter in the end :p
I wassss having trouble last night and earlier today but it's all good now :D I love the fact that this thread has been so active. At first when I saw the January NPD thread and didn't see this game there I got upset...but then someone helped me come back to reality that this game came out this month, lol

Squishy3

The fuck? How would you close the damn cases then?
I wassss having trouble last night and earlier today but it's all good now :D I love the fact that this thread has been so active. At first when I saw the January NPD thread and didn't see this game there I got upset...but then someone helped me come back to reality that this game came out this month, lol
He means that the farm would keep spawning new ones.

Kinsei

Banned
What is the best strategy for beating an eater?

I believe I am on Chapter 7. I'm fighting wisemon and then an eater shows up. I'm having issues with both.

Get a Digimon that either ignores defense or does a set amount of damage. Devimon, IceDevimon, Lucemon, Plesiomon, Kirpymon (Vice), etc.

Top Bottom