• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

RexNovis

Banned
So does this game gets harder in the later chapters or should I just switch it to hard? (I always play my games on normal the first time)
I'm still in chapter 7 but so far its been ridiculously easy, the only enemy that was a bit of a challenge was flamedramon in the gold cup..

It's super easy on normal. Hard mode makes the bosses a bit more challenging. Just you wait until you get to the final match of the legendary cup.

TR_

See that's the thing my strongest Digimon (Lilithmon, Lucemon and GranKuwagamon) are all Virus types and they immediately remove the "bug" status. Is there some uber powerful Data type Digimon I could use? I've looked at the ones I've unlocked so far and none of them seem particularly powerful. Especially since these guys are immune to every status effect except bug.

Jesmon's Judgement blade does pretty good damage with Acceleration boost and he's has this move called weltgeist that is pretty much mandatory for the last greater challenge.

Metalgarurumon is good too since he has good speed so you can get a lot of turns since you can slap 2 or 3 Speed attach A on him.

NEO0MJ

MetalGarurumon is a giant robot wolf that shoots missiles out of his chest.
He wins.

He's also the epotime of this :p

r0xSUv1.png

Just kidding. There are worse offenders, lol.

wolf? my nostalgic heart doesn't except that

he is an armored tiger.

If only Boss Doggie was here to answer this.

Stuart444

Is it just me, or are there almost no Data Type Megas?

Almost all of mine are Virus, some vaccine, and Rosemon

Some of them are end-game ones (several of the Royal Knights).

Though if you look through all the Megas in game, they are probably the second lowest in number (lowest being Free type probably)

RexNovis

Banned
Jesmon's Judgement blade does pretty good damage with Acceleration boost and he's has this move called weltgeist that is pretty much mandatory for the last greater challenge.

Metalgarurumon is good too since he has good speed so you can get a lot of turns since you can slap 2 or 3 Speed attach A on him.

I haven't unlocked any of the Royal Knights yet. I only just unlocked the legendary cup. I'm guessing beating it basically requires you to use some of the Royal Knights because I've got legit the absolute best/strongest Digimon I've unlocked so far and I'm getting bodied repeatedly.

TR_

I haven't unlocked any of the Royal Knights yet. I only just unlocked the legendary cup. I'm guessing beating it basically requires you to use some of the Royal Knights because I've got legit the absolute best/strongest Digimon I've unlocked so far and I'm getting bodied repeatedly.

The reward for beating the master cup is 50 friendship DX so it's really not worth doing. But there's some interesting dialogue for the last boss and you get to face your true self in one of the battles like in persona 4.

silva1991

Where can I buy status boosting food? something like clever carrot... I'm at chapter 19.

after beating the game and not going to NG+ from the lab.

I've been watching Digimon Adventure recently, he's a wolf.

You can tell from watching his WereGarurumon and MetalGarurumon evolutions.

he also makes wolf howling sounds

but man this looks like a terrible wolf design

latest

it looks like a tiger to me lol.

Stuart444

It should be talk to a pair of digimon in Kowloon 1.

Might try that later after I beat the game.

Currently grinding out random Digimon such as most of the Royal Knights lol. It's addicting.

I even just got Lucemon SM, the easiest out of the 3 Lucemon's to get!

And Imperialdramon is ready to Digivolve but I need to do the post-game quest for him :(

MongKey

he also makes wolf howling sounds

but man this looks like a terrible wolf design

it looks like a tiger to me lol.
His special attack is called "Fox Fire" in the japanese version. Clearly he's a fox :p

As much as I love them, the X-Antibody variants are tacky as shit.

They also look like hell on earth to memorise and draw.
Sharp edges for days. Must be them trying to make Digimon edgier lol.
Sorry

silva1991

His special attack is called "Fox Fire" in the japanese version. Clearly he's a fox :p

And Gabunon looks like a dinosaur for some odd unexplained reason :p

Anyone know why DoruGreymon's Examon was blacked out in the digivolution screen even though we had faced him? Seems odd...

probably because the one we fight is deformed with all those eater spots and all

even chaosdukemon was darkened even tho normal dukemon wasn't.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh damn, that certainly looks harder what chapter do i unlock that?

Chapter 16. It's where I am now. I've learned its basically impossible on Hard without some of the Digimon you unlock in chapter 19. The last battle is just insane without some of the heavy hitting Data type Royal Knights. All the vids I've seen of the fight so far are using them. I've been trying to beat it without them and yea it's not happening. Gonna wait until I unlock some Royal Knights first.

RexNovis

Banned
The reward for beating the master cup is 50 friendship DX so it's really not worth doing. But there's some interesting dialogue for the last boss and you get to face your true self in one of the battles like in persona 4.

I'm trying for the platinum trophy so I'll need to beat all the offline cups. Does the difficulty in the cups scale with normal and hard or are the fights the same across all difficulties? If the former it'll be damn difficult to resist the temptation to lower the difficulty given the fight I've just been railroaded by.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I recommend these. Terriormon can become Tailmon which can become Ophanimon (Great healer), Agumon-Wargreymon (Def piercing attack and Vaccine), Veemon-Imperialdramon (Free Type), Guilmon-RustTyranomon (Easy to get Virus Mega) and Gabumon-MetalGururumon (fast Data type) and have a PlatinumNumemon/Sukamon (EXP and great Tank).

Having all these you should have a great balanced team, the only problem you will come across is Memory problems.

Mhmm ^_^

I plan on turning Terriormon into Ophanimon, Agumon into Wargreymon, Gabumon into MetalGarurumon, and Guilmon into RustTyranomon.

This Veemon, however, was going to go the Veedramon line to get AeroVeedramon/UlforceVeedramon. Both of them have the passive ability "God Speed", which always lets you go first if I'm not mistaken. In addition, Tentamon was going to be my main weapon against Eaters. Kuwagamon, Okuwamon, and GranKuwagamon all have DEF piercing attacks (Kuwagamon is like only one of two champions that do, the other being Gekkomon who has an INT pierce).

Dorumon and Armadillomon I will admit are filler, and thus lower priority. I need to realize how important Imperialdramon's Free typing is though, as that contributes to your hacking skills.

Khort

Crap I waited too long! game was 60 Canadian Dollars in digital (compared to 80 for the physical version)... I really want to support this kind of games but god 80 is too steep :(
hopefully there will be a sale to put it back to 60 soon

Stuart444

I didn't realize Leopardmon had a mode change into Leopardmon LM. Nice.

Not that I plan on using him but it's nice to see another Mode Change.

MongKey

Mhmm ^_^

I plan on turning Terriormon into Ophanimon, Agumon into Wargreymon, Gabumon into MetalGarurumon, and Guilmon into RustTyranomon.

This Veemon, however, was going to go the Veedramon line to get AeroVeedramon/UlforceVeedramon. Both of them have the passive ability "God Speed", which always lets you go first if I'm not mistaken. In addition, Tentamon was going to be my main weapon against Eaters. Kuwagamon, Okuwamon, and GranKuwagamon all have DEF piercing attacks (Kuwagamon is like only one of two champions that do, the other being Gekkomon who has an INT pierce).

Dorumon and Armadillomon I will admit are filler, and thus lower priority. I need to realize how important Imperialdramon's Free typing is though, as that contributes to your hacking skills.
Free type is only used for the Function Call hacking skill though. If you don't want Imperialdramon and still want to use Function Call (Lv.2) then bringing a low memory free type rookie like Wormmon is enough to use it.

it's been a long two weeks and I've had sooo much fun with this game. It may not be perfect and has its own issues but I don't care...it's been over 15 years since I played a Digimon game and I love cyber sleuth.

I wanted to say that the presentation is similar to dmw2, but it's really not; there's just a lot of conceptual similarities. Maybe it's something I haven't noticed because I don't play jrpgs much but it's a warm welcome for the familiarity. also, having heard that this game is similar to persona, it's another that it's great i'm able to play this as persona 5's one of my top 3 most anticipated of this year and it'll be my entry to the persona franchise.

but damn, i got a lot, a lot, a lot of questions to ask...at the moment, I think I got a megakabuterimon, a blue metalgreymon, and a blackweregarurumon in my fighter party. first question: how are you guys uploading screenshots? I know how to save them and upload them but on Ps4 the only options are on social media; how do you upload them to a direct url link?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Free type is only used for the Function Call hacking skill though. If you don't want Imperialdramon and still want to use Function Call (Lv.2) then bringing a low memory free type rookie like Wormmon is enough to use it.

Right, although Imperialdramon is pretty sweet too, at least Dragon Mode is. For some reason it feels odd to me to have both UlforceVeedramon and Imperialdramon as they are both clearly from the Veemon line. Although Ulforce and AeroVeedramon have a great passive, the former is late game only. I prefer Imperialdramon over Ulforce, actually.

Also that DLC woman came right out of nowhere, I had no idea she was going to throw items at me and tell me about the DLC Black Digimon that I can't have yet because I capped out at memory (which is a mechanic I know is going to bug me for a while).

Wait... Bonus stats are permanent? I thought they reset when they digivolve. Also, how many +100 bonus stat can you get?
Yeah they're permanent. But you can remove them with restraint chips.

Man, after tasting the sweet waters of 2 Tactician USBs combined with 1 PlatNume, I want MORE.

Stuart444

first question: how are you guys uploading screenshots? I know how to save them and upload them but on Ps4 the only options are on social media; how do you upload them to a direct url link?

Upload to twitter, open image in new tab on twitter and then add :eek:rig to the end of the .JPG bit.

You could also save the screenshot, take them off via USB and put them onto your comp to upload.

Wait... Bonus stats are permanent? I thought they reset when they digivolve. Also, how many +100 bonus stat can you get?

Just 100 total across all stats

Again, using the math: (ABI / 2 ) + 50. 100 total.

MongKey

Yup, they are permenant. Although you can buy bonus stats reducing item called restraint chip from the shop at EDEN entrance to reduce unwanted bonus stats.

A digimon can have a maximum of 100 bonus stats to allocate where the total is calculated as (ABI/2)+50.

So a 50 ABI digimon will only have (50/2)+50=75 bonus stats to allocate.

I would like to request that the OP be changed to include a recommendation to skip normal and start on hard. At least include a warning that normal mode is extremely easy similar to Blue Dragon on the Xbox 360.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
You'd think building maps would have a "you are here" location. It's an adjustment but I can get around. Broadway felt like a wee little maze at first

Edit: This game is addicting in terms of building Digimon teams. I have 3 teams, Aaron's Eleven (the main team), the R&D Department (used for farming up items, namely Tactician USBs), and the XP Cheerleaders (the Platinum Poops). This tickles all the nostalgia ticks for the Digimon World series.

giphy.gif

Croc

Banned
first question: how are you guys uploading screenshots? I know how to save them and upload them but on Ps4 the only options are on social media; how do you upload them to a direct url link?
I usually just upload my PS4 screenshots to Facebook in an album that's only visible to me. Then you can just copy the image url directly from Facebook. It's super fast doing it that way.

MongKey

Right, although Imperialdramon is pretty sweet too, at least Dragon Mode is. For some reason it feels odd to me to have both UlforceVeedramon and Imperialdramon as they are both clearly from the Veemon line. Although Ulforce and AeroVeedramon have a great passive, the former is late game only. I prefer Imperialdramon over Ulforce, actually.

Also that DLC woman came right out of nowhere, I had no idea she was going to throw items at me and tell me about the DLC Black Digimon that I can't have yet because I capped out at memory (which is a mechanic I know is going to bug me for a while).
I guess going for Imperialdramon early on is better since you can get both Stingmon and Exveemon CAM to 100% and raise one of them to 20 ABI for mega evolution. Stingmon having a piercing special is also a nice bonus.

You can keep a AeroVeedramon handy in the bank for tough bosses etc until he can evolve into UlforceV since he only needed to be alive at the start of battle for his support skill :p

I was looking at the pathways to get some of these OP Digimon and super strong ones and such that everybody seems to be rolling with, then I evolved Piedmon and then all my plans went out the window and I'm totally just making all my favorite ones even if it means I'm gonna fuck myself over later. You can't stop me from using a party of Dark Masters!

MongKey

BlackKingNumemon (Ultimate, literally just got him which is who I found out XD)

Quick Question, anyone know who can become Gankoomon and Dynasmon?

Only 2 Royal Knights left outside of Paladin mode to become.
AeroVeedramon and Silphymon for Dynasmon.

SuperStarmon and SkullMeramon for Gankoomon.

Top Bottom