• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

So I have Antylamon, and a new digivolution just showed up today, (that or I completely and utterly just forgot it) but it says a requirement is "DLC: Saved a punished Digimon!" is that a new digimon?

It's Dianamon. End game DLC missions unlock her.
She's been out for a couple weeks now. :)

So I tried the to digivole to Dianamon and I got some funky purple bunny looking guy. Not sure what's going on. Kerpymon is the name.

RexNovis

Banned
Yea i have him thats who I've been using any other suggestions? I keep getting wrecked. Hes just too fast

Use SUkayamon. Here ability can dispell his speed buffs. Makes things MUCH easier.

Oops nvm I see I was too late

Took him dowm made it all the way to what i assume is the last case..took down two of them...needless to say that final Knight crap is complete bs! Combined with omnislash it wrecks the whole team.

Get you a MarineAngemon and teach is Safe Guard. Use that to prevent 1 hit KOs on your active party and use MArineAngemon's special ability to heal and dispell status effects at the same time. MarineAngemon was literally my trump card for that fight. I'd also reccomend getting a jesmon and teaching it a bunch of status effect moves. They should be able to be poisoned, sleeped, and character reversaled if necessary and jesmon is a pretty great tank so he can survive long enough to stack status effects.

Use SUkayamon. Here ability can dispell his speed buffs. Makes things MUCH easier.

Oops nvm I see I was too late

Get you a MarineAngemon and teach is Safe Guard. Use that to prevent 1 hit KOs on your active party and use MArineAngemon's special ability to heal and dispell status effects at the same time. MarineAngemon was literally my trump card for that fight. I'd also reccomend getting a jesmon and teaching it a bunch of status effect moves. They should be able to be poisoned, sleeped, and character reversaled if necessary and jesmon is a pretty great tank so he can survive long enough to stack status effects.
I actually have a marineangemon how would i go about getting safeguard.

RockmanBN

That final fight was something.
Kinda disappointed that I one shot the Mother Eater in the second phase. Used Wargreymon's acceleration boost, then Omnimon with a 100% combo boost, then used Great Tornado.

RexNovis

Banned
I actually have a marineangemon how would i go about getting safeguard.

They should learn Safe Guard at lvl 80 but I would also recommend digivolving to Pixiemon then up to Hououmon for Status Guard as well as it is incredibly useful.

Edit: Beaten on all accounts haha <3 you guys!

Haha!! I did it!! Suck it special case 7!!!

Justimon,shinegreymon,miragegaogamon,marineangiemon,RustTyranomon,ulforceVeedramon,Titamon,Mastemon,Kerpymon(good), TigerVespamon and BanchoLeomon we did it!! It took all of you but hell we did it

RexNovis

Banned
Haha!! I did it!! Suck it special case 7!!!

Justimon,shinegreymon,miragegaogamon,marineangiemon,RustTyranomon,ulforceVeedramon,Titamon,Mastemon,Kerpymon(good), TigerVespamon and BanchoLeomon we did it!! It took all of you but hell we did it

haha congrats! MarineAngemon is a beast confirmed ;)

MechaX

Real talk, the last major RPGs I have played (Tales of Zestiria, Fire Emblem Fates), have had really shit stories.

But when Cyber Sleuth gets going... man. I wasn't expecting this out of a Digimon game of all things.

Shizuka

Real talk, the last major RPGs I have played (Tales of Zestiria, Fire Emblem Fates), have had really shit stories.

But when Cyber Sleuth gets going... man. I wasn't expecting this out of a Digimon game of all things.

I really liked the story. It feels like watching a season of the anime.

Those charts are legit, thank you very much! Would you happen to know why some of those portraits have a different color outline?

I think that's just to help follow which lines go where, they don't seem to have significance beyond that.

I lied. If the Digimon had a colored border, it's only included on that page as a technicality and you should check the image with the matching color to find its full line.

For example Gomamon appears in the chart with the red border, but he has a white border. His full line is in the chart with the white border.

Shizuka

Oh, that makes sense, thanks! Also, should I get to the max level before digivolving or can I digivolving if I already meet the requirements for the digivolutions I want?

Finally got lucemon...now I'm sad how da hell do I get his attack to 180!! Speed and intelligence I can make it way before level 99 but 180 attack? His base attack is 27. Put him in the farm?

Finally got lucemon...now I'm sad how da hell do I get his attack to 180!! Speed and intelligence I can make it way before level 99 but 180 attack? His base attack is 27. Put him in the farm?

If you managed to acquire a decent sum of money, use the stat-increasing items. Also, you might want to increase ABI so that you can get more points.

Put him in the farm with a Fighter Personality.

And clear out your bonus points completely.

80 bonus for Atk, 20 for Spd. Raise speed first.

Oh, that makes sense, thanks! Also, should I get to the max level before digivolving or can I digivolving if I already meet the requirements for the digivolutions I want?

Reaching max level will give you more ABI when you digivolve. However, it's usually not enough to be worth it unless you can reach the max quickly.

Shizuka

Reaching max level will give you more ABI when you digivolve. However, it's usually not enough to be worth it unless you can reach the max quickly.

Alright, thanks! Sorry for these newbie questions that have probably been asked to hell and back, but I just started the game this week and I'm really excited.

RexNovis

Banned
Ooooo when it says like +5 in () by the stat? So go to Eden and get items to reduce those to zero

Yep you want everything except your desired stats at 0.
Your max bonus stats are 100 points but that only happens if you have 100 ABI. The formula to calculate total possible bonus points is ABI divided by 2 plus 50. SO for example at 30 ABI it would be 15+50 or 65 total bonus points.

You might also wnat to change the Digmion's affinity to Fighter(ATK) or Nimble(SPD) by using a patch. You can buy the patches at the shop at the ENtrance area of EDEN.

RexNovis

Banned
I thought I did. Went and double checked and I never got the DLC. When can you get the quest? I'm currently on ch 16.

The quest unlocks halfway through CHapter 19. You can do a forced update check on PS4 to try and fetch the DLC since its free for everyone who purchased the game in February. SO long as you did it should find the dlc and auto download it all for you. Alternatively you can find all the DLC on the webstore on PC.

Edit: Sorry double post :-/

Qurupeke

I was impatient and got the PS4 game despite not having a console yet...

It says Day 1 edition, do I still get that extra content or I'm late?

Bishop89

is there anyway to increase the chances of getting the metalgreymon (Blue) medal case?

Cant believe its the only medal which is obtainable this way only...

Update is out! NA Vita
35MB

7 Digimon added
Fixed issue where some voice overs did not play

Rosemon BM has an INT-penetrating light attack
Gigadramon, BlueMeramon, and WarGrowlmon can digivolve to Darkdramon
Chaosmon has 268 Att at lv 1 (fighter), its 2nd special skill is INT-penetrating

25035281664_d455b47904_o.jpg
25665823765_e3cb31c65f_o.jpg

25639656396_b1d671f3df_o.jpg
25547087002_9f76e68249_o.jpg

25665826275_73944471e0_o.jpg
25036498444_7d5ab0c6f9_o.jpg

25036522924_cce49755a2_o.jpg
25366361830_748ca93b4f_o.jpg

MongKey

Update is out! NA Vita
35MB

7 Digimon added
Fixed issue where some voice overs did not play

Rosemon BM has an INT-penetrating light attack
Is her INT-penetrating attack damage based on her base INT without multiplier? Since the description didn't specify double or triple INT damage.

What does fluctuating damage mean on RavemonBM's special? And his special still does not receive benefits from his passive :/

cheesekao

What are the known VO bug issues up to chapter 14? I can try and remember if those scenes were voiced...
I don't know the specifics but there's the part where you you first enter the eden corporation website(chapter 4) and X greets you with purposefully bad acting. Apparently, the bug affects chapters 4-6.

X being the girl in black and white. I forgot her name already since I haven't played in a while.

twisteh

So I only managed to get a couple of hours in last night, but can safely say I love it like I thought I would, can't wait to play more.

The character designs are really nice and I&#8217;m enjoying the graphical style, this game must have been stunning on the VITA. Didn&#8217;t realise a game with a 12+ rating would have so many boobs though! (Not that it matters haha). The Japanese voices don&#8217;t really bother me, if it means we get localisations faster then I&#8217;m all for it, you get used to them very quickly.

Game has been standard JRPG so far which I&#8217;ve been looking for on PS4 :) bearing in mind I knew absolutely zero about Digimon before going in, I think they did a really good job of explaining to new players what the hell is going on as I feel like I&#8217;ve picked up and understand a lot already. Also how cute is Terriermon when you win a battle and he waves at the end with his hand and ears at the same time? Even my gf who hates when I play &#8216;stupid games&#8217; thought it was adorable haha.

Few questions:
(1) Is there any way of rotating the camera? Not a big issue just strange you can&#8217;t rotate the camera in this day and age, fixed seems a bit restrictive

(2) Am I being stupid or does it have the worst map screen of all time? Literally no idea where I am when I open the map lol :(

(3) Should I be waiting until scan is at 200% to convert the digimon?

(4) Is any grinding necessary on normal? Not sure if I should just be going around a dungeon a few times

Cheers

duckroll

I don't know the specifics but there's the part where you you first enter the eden corporation website(chapter 4) and X greets you with purposefully bad acting. Apparently, the bug affects chapters 4-6.

X being the girl in black and white. I forgot her name already since I haven't played in a while.

Oh I remember that scene. Can't remember if it was voiced. Are there more bugs later on? I'm in ch14 now (stuck grinding until I can digivolve units to pierce the shit out of that bullshit Eater boss).

cheesekao

So I only managed to get a couple of hours in last night, but can safely say I love it like I thought I would, can't wait to play more.

The character designs are really nice and I&#8217;m enjoying the graphical style, this game must have been stunning on the VITA. Didn&#8217;t realise a game with a 12+ rating would have so many boobs though! (Not that it matters haha). The Japanese voices don&#8217;t really bother me, if it means we get localisations faster then I&#8217;m all for it, you get used to them very quickly.

Game has been standard JRPG so far which I&#8217;ve been looking for on PS4 :) bearing in mind I knew absolutely zero about Digimon before going in, I think they did a really good job of explaining to new players what the hell is going on as I feel like I&#8217;ve picked up and understand a lot already. Also how cute is Terriermon when you win a battle and he waves at the end with his hand and ears at the same time? Even my gf who hates when I play &#8216;stupid games&#8217; thought it was adorable haha.

Few questions:
(1) Is there any way of rotating the camera? Not a big issue just strange you can&#8217;t rotate the camera in this day and age, fixed seems a bit restrictive
You can't but you can zoom out using the left stick.

(2) Am I being stupid or does it have the worst map screen of all time? Literally no idea where I am when I open the map lol :(
The map is pretty useless.

(3) Should I be waiting until scan is at 200% to convert the digimon?
Converting at 200% only gives the digimon an extra 5 abi which isn't really a lot so, no.

(4) Is any grinding necessary on normal? Not sure if I should just be going around a dungeon a few times
Not really but if it's necessary if you want to get some cool mons early

Cheers

Oh I remember that scene. Can't remember if it was voiced. Are there more bugs later on? I'm in ch14 now (stuck grinding until I can digivolve units to pierce the shit out of that bullshit Eater boss).
Quoting from an article from digimonworld.org

"Other scenes with removed dialogue include a confrontation with a major boss in chapter 6, and the player&#8217;s formal introduction to police detective Date Makiko."

There aren't any VO bugs outside of chapters 4-6 based on that article.

Top Bottom