• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Uthred

Do buffs stack? If they do a sequel I hope they add more info to buffs, duration alone would be great

So only physical attacks benefit from +Atk?

Voror

I say just play man. Like ik reading the thread and all these systems and powerful digimon are cool and all but as a first play thru? Eh i went with what i likd and seem tp be doing fine.

Yeah that seems the best bet. I actually have a number of megas now but feel I should just focus on getting through and not getting bogged down. Especially with these new digimon to work towards.

I guess I'm just worried about builds in regards to the fusions since it could be a bit of work to get that again if you De-digivolve.

Yeah that seems the best bet. I actually have a number of megas now but feel I should just focus on getting through and not getting bogged down. Especially with these new digimon to work towards.

I guess I'm just worried about builds in regards to the fusions since it could be a bit of work to get that again if you De-digivolve.

From the last tournament you get like 30 Friendship DX's , so fusions aren't really a problem anymore. Also you're rolling in money so you can buy that 5k or 10k meat and use that for cam.Levelling is as easy as before due to platmons+tac usb's.

If you could add any other Digimon, what would it be? Id consider some rookies and champions, but they wouldnt last long for end game and PvP sadly. Im curious to hear others opinions besides obvious Crimsom mode mentions.

If you could add any other Digimon, what would it be? Id consider some rookies and champions, but they wouldnt last long for end game and PvP sadly. Im curious to hear others opinions besides obvious Crimsom mode mentions.

Four Holy Beasts

Devas

BanchoLilimon

Apollomon and Mercuremon

Savers Agumon

Culumon

Those are the ones that come right to mind for me.

Mcdohl

Here's NamcoBandai's response about me being unable to play on PS4 due to having exclusive pre-order DLC on the Vita version only:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Bandai Namco Entertainment America's customer support department.

At this time the Digimonstorus DLC was offered in the Launch Bundle and select retailers for pre-order customers at the time of release.

Once any DLC for this game is applied to your save file, you wouldn't be able to load that save file without this DLC as DLC is only intended for the system it was designed for. Unfortunately, this content was exclusive to select retailers and all codes for this content were sent directly to participating retailers. As such, we would not have replacements for these items. If you would like to Cross-play, you will need to uninstall the DLC and restart the game without DLC.

We have escalated this information to our internal contacts but whether they make this content available separately or not is ultimately up to them.

Apologies,

Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Customer Support

Basically, there's nothing they can do, as expected :(

Four Holy Beasts
The rest of the Olympos XII
Alphamon Ouryuken (maybe Ouryumon along with that?)
Megidramon
X-Antibody
The rest of the Bancho group

Edit:
Here's NamcoBandai's response about me being unable to play on PS4 due to having exclusive pre-order DLC on the Vita version only:

Sorry man. :/
This really discourages double dipping for those who bought one version at launch. At least the rest of the DLC has been free.

SMK

Do buffs stack? If they do a sequel I hope they add more info to buffs, duration alone would be great

So only physical attacks benefit from +Atk?

Basically everything stacks, but I'm not sure what the cap is. The duration for buffs/debuffs is 5 turns and the duration is refreshed with each application. Also, the game tells you all this in the tutorials, and you can read them again through the Player tab.

That BanchoLeomon arm on Chaosmon looks reeeeally creepy.

Here is a long ass list so take your time reading it lol.

UlForceVeedramon Future mode

Arkadimon

Demon Ultimate mode (Arkadimon absorbed)

Megidramon

All spirit evolution digimons

NeoDevimon

MaloMyotismon

BlackGuilmon

KingEtemon

Apocalymon

TyrantKabuterimon

Dracumon to GranDracmon

Millenniumon to ZeedMillenniumon

Chaosdramon

Dracomon < Slayerdramon

I could keep going but then you guys would be here forever. Those are the major ones I want.

Dugna

Soo just tried (Chapter 19 spoilers)
Eater Arata/Adam
on hard mode but then turned it down to normal, beat em in under 5 moves while hard mode I barely got em to 10%. One thing I hope for in the next story game is that they tune hard mode alittle better.

Also new Digimon news is wonderful, I got max Abi Miragegaogamon, Shinegreymon, Rosemon, and Ravemon sitting in my bank ready to digivolve.

I have Mastemon. I am a happy camper. Now to finish Chapter 15. How long did it take people to finish the story anyway? I'm on 63 hours clocked.

Dugna

i feel like my etemons are taking a very long time to level up on the farm. is there a way for me to expedite this?

trying to get them platnumemon? if so just take them out of the farm devolve two of then to platsuka and boost the one etemon to platnumemon and rinse repeat.

trying to get them platnumemon? if so just take them out of the farm devolve two of then to platsuka and boost the one etemon to platnumemon and rinse repeat.
yes. and yeah, that's actually not a bad idea.

in general though, how long does it take for digimon to level up on the farm?

True Fire

SCREAMING at the post-launch support this far from its Japanese release. There are so many implications from this.

Do you guys think the success (?) of the Western launch affected their decision? Do you think the support this far out from its Japanese launch guarantees a sequel being in the works?

SCREAMING at the post-launch support this far from its Japanese release. There are so many implications from this.

Do you guys think the success (?) of the Western launch affected their decision? Do you think the support this far out from its Japanese launch guarantees a sequel being in the works?
gimme a (direct) sequel, gimme more localizations, gimme metalgreymon in a psasbr reboot

latest

Piers

The support is likely just an opportunity to recycle new models and animations made for Next Order -- the smartphone game Digimom Linkz is also utisiling the same assets.

True Fire

The support is likely just an opportunity to recycle new models and animations made for Next Order -- the smartphone game Digimom Linkz is also utisiling the same assets.

Of course they're recycling assets, it's Namco, but why would they go back to a year old game that has been virtually untouched before now?

I think it's safe to say that they're at least preparing for a sequel

I cant believe someone else thought MetalGreymon as best digimon character for psasbr even if thats impossible and stupid.
-He was on the cover of Digimon World, which was the first playstation Digimon game.
-He was also an important digimon in the sequel, which was also playstation exclusive
-He's also pretty much part of the most iconic digimon line (Greymon)
-He can be a Bowser type character and replace Big Daddy coz no offense to Bioshock...but it really did not make ANY sense for him to be in psasbr
-You think he'd be the best digimon candidate too?

-He was on the cover of Digimon World, which was the first playstation Digimon game.
-He was also an important digimon in the sequel, which was also playstation exclusive
-He's also pretty much part of the most iconic digimon line (Greymon)
-He can be a Bowser type character and replace Big Daddy coz no offense to Bioshock...but it really did not make ANY sense for him to be in psasbr
-You think he'd be the best digimon candidate too?
Well technically if Id have to choose a Digimon for psasbr, I would, but honestly Digimon would be low priority for psasb.

Im sure otherwise it would be some Agumon form. But for PlayStation, MetalGreymon has a lot of connections so it would make some sense.

Of course they're recycling assets, it's Namco, but why would they go back to a year old game that has been virtually untouched before now?

I think it's safe to say that they're at least preparing for a sequel

Because it did well in the west. At least, much better then they thought it would. They released the NG+ patch for Japan at the same time, so they're trying to get people's minds on Digimon again. " Hey, there's a new game out, i forgot about that, I'll get that sinces it's new,rather than playing this again" etc etc.

Agumon would be in PSASBR , Metalgreymon was only on the cover for DW1 because he was agumon's max digivolution at the time.

Takao

Banned

Bandai Namco just announced new DLC for Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 today. That's a Japan-only 3DS game that came out in 2014. In the case of Digimon CS, they get to celebrate the game's 1-year anniversary in Japan (there's a JP PSN sale as well) and can encourage more Next Order sales by showing they'll stand by their games.

It seems like groups are most popular wanted Digimon for this game, even in other places. Surprisingly most requested bancho is Bancholillymon. Apollomon for Olympians.

And I'll never understand love for ulforceveedramon future mode. Sure he was one of original super ultimates, but he looks so much the same and has grand usage of one time in a manga. I guess he was just that cool.

Voror

From the last tournament you get like 30 Friendship DX's , so fusions aren't really a problem anymore. Also you're rolling in money so you can buy that 5k or 10k meat and use that for cam.Levelling is as easy as before due to platmons+tac usb's.

I've actually already got 8 tac usbs from the farm and I read you get another given to you, so I'm good on that front. Thinking of digivolving my PlatSukas up to PlatNumes about now since I have the room for it now.

I cant believe someone else thought MetalGreymon as best digimon character for psasbr even if thats impossible and stupid.
He really encapsulates the design's associated with Digimon so he would be great. I would like to say Omnimon or Wargreymon but I do agree that a non humanoid Digimon would fit better on a game that would already have lost of human charactera... I also want Etna/Laharl, Selvaria, Garl Vinland/Lady Maria, Megaman X, a NieR character, Kat, and many many more :D.

Dugna

yes. and yeah, that's actually not a bad idea.

in general though, how long does it take for digimon to level up on the farm?

Farm takes awhile to lvl up digimon at a high cost of Cam, so overall its not really worth training them there till you need max stat of something. Like max int Lilithmon

I think its unlikely this was actually effected by the western sales at all. The game hasn't been out long enough in the west for that to be the case (but they could have decided to make it a global update based on western success).

These are likely models created for Next Order, and the timing is pretty obvious. Next Order comes out next week, and Cyber Sleuth is currently on sale on Japanese PSN to hype people up. So adding some new Digimon for Cyber Sleuth makes perfect sense.

I think a future Story game is a certainty, but I don't think that this move specifically says anything more about that. Although it does show that Bandai is going to be willing to support their games down the line with even more Digimon.

Dugna

a Question for chapter 19
how do you get partners to follow you around? I lost yuuko and Kyoko after beating leopardmon.

Collecting the medals is just a huge pain the ass. I don't mind the gachas, you can do them alongside doing other things. But even if you have them all there are still some bounded on cases or drops...

Are there any tricks to get specific property cases? I have two farms with 20 searcher and 10 sleuth goods in total but I'm getting SabreLeomons property case all the time. Also I don't get new cases if I have about 5-6 of these green cases unfinished. Do I have to do some to get new ones?

LycanXIII

Uninstalling the DLC wouldn't help, would it? The Digimon are already on your save file, wouldn't you have to start a new file for it to work?

Well technically if Id have to choose a Digimon for psasbr, I would, but honestly Digimon would be low priority for psasb.

Im sure otherwise it would be some Agumon form. But for PlayStation, MetalGreymon has a lot of connections so it would make some sense.
I know what you mean about digimon not being a priority, but I feel like in order to capture the full essence of a psasbr game, a digimon needs to be included. the franchise has a decent history in video games, and arguably playstation is the one identified with it the most. there's quite a few nintendo games but it seems like digimon isn't popular on that platform.
One problem: you got the wrong MetalGreymon.

OG Blue!

xAijzG2.jpg
haha, hey man, what if 2 people wanna use metalgreymon?! we need orange AND blue!
Farm takes awhile to lvl up digimon at a high cost of Cam, so overall its not really worth training them there till you need max stat of something. Like max int Lilithmon
WHATTTT. don't tell me cam goes down if you leave digimon on the farm....

Dugna

I know what you mean about digimon not being a priority, but I feel like in order to capture the full essence of a psasbr game, a digimon needs to be included. the franchise has a decent history in video games, and arguably playstation is the one identified with it the most. there's quite a few nintendo games but it seems like digimon isn't popular on that platform.

haha, hey man, what if 2 people wanna use metalgreymon?! we need orange AND blue!
WHATTTT. don't tell me cam goes down if you leave digimon on the farm....

No there are training regiments in the farm that decrease cam if chosen, but normal leisure training and just keeping them in there does not lower cam.

No there are training regiments in the farm that decrease cam if chosen, but normal leisure training and just keeping them in there does not lower cam.
i haven't really done much of that training stuff. i just let them roam around the farm. should I take advantage of that?

also, if you do train them will it say if CAM will be sacrificed?

Dugna

i haven't really done much of that training stuff. i just let them roam around the farm. should I take advantage of that?

also, if you do train them will it say if CAM will be sacrificed?

yes it will say if you choose said option, and yes you should put them in training if you want to actually level them up at all in the farms.

yes it will say if you choose said option, and yes you should put them in training if you want to actually level them up at all in the farms.
Ok thanks.

I'm in the Shibuya subway,
man, the dungeon crawling really is a puzzle. I saw a giant orb and I dunno whether to go there, or the two connection jump portals i also saw. and that's just the stuff I know about

Top Bottom