• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

evilalien

So does the US version have the additional missions DLC included? I'm nearing the end of chapter 2 and I'm not seeing any purple missions.

Croc

Banned
Will we at any point hear about the sales of this game and what that means for chances of Next Order coming over? I'm really curious.

Logging into PS4 using my NA account I'm hoping it works. This is entirely guesswork of course, find out for sure tomorrow.

I guess it will not, because the "game id" changes between regions, so dlc and save games doesn't work
It happens to me with Fallout 4, and it was like this in ps2 and ps3 (I don't remember in psx)

Stuart444

I just posted a picture towards Bandai Namco EU and UK twitters about the DLC issue. Hopefully someone looks into it. :/ I was planning on raising Black Agu/Gabu.

Having a blast with this game, had no idea the combat was going to be as similar to p4g as it is.

Only hangup so far is that I feel like there's a lot left unexplained. I haven't gotten the hang of sizing up opponents (or how to know how strong they are/I am yet), nor do I REALLY understand the digivolving system yet

dragn

is there a guide to this game for all the evolve and stats stuff? like what will the maxlvl be when dna digivolving

Croc

Banned
I laughed too (Y)

-

I asked earlier, but I preordered from Amazon and have received no code for DLC. I'm in the US. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Same here. I did it on my brothers account so I can't check his email whenever I want, but I talked to customer service Tuesday night where they said they'd send me a code. It's been almost two days now though and my brother said he still hasn't received an email with a code, just one saying I talked to CS.

Dame

Anyone know if using two builder know-how's (1star) will suffice to get an experience USB? I only have 1 island. My leader is a builder, and
The farm has 10 guys in it.

Just got this game. Powering through the blatant otaku pandering and crappy overused anime tropes. Digivolving is oh so worth it though.

You make this sound like Senran Kagura, haha.
I haven't even noticed any pandering. I'm only on chapter 5 though, so maybe you're further than me?

Nah man. I'm a chapter behind you. Grinding that quest. I just rolled my eyes one too many times at the introduction of the detective, the shy girl, and the art direction for the girls, that and the "protect me senpai" vibes from Nokia. I guess anime just makes me way too cynical, but I try and speed through the story as often as possible. That part where they covertly slut shamed this woman wearing what's basically lingerie by referencing the number of guys she's slept with to make sure you know she's gunna be a bad guy later on made me almost fall asleep. Again, dogivolving and nostalgia slapping me in the face is worth the $60 admission.

Just got this game. Powering through the blatant otaku pandering and crappy overused anime tropes. Digivolving is oh so worth it though.
You make this sound like Senran Kagura, haha.
I haven't even noticed any pandering. I'm only on chapter 5 though, so maybe you're further than me?

Skulldead

Wooo Hard mode is really no joke for bossses... this is a really weird way to balance the game, random encounter are most of the time easy... but the boss have some difficulty spike in general.

Later bosses are probably going to be insane... i love this!

Wooo Hard mode is really no joke for bossses... this is a really weird way to balance the game, random encounter are most of the time easy... but the boss have some difficulty spike in general.

Later bosses are probably going to be insane... i love this!

Yeah, I'm trying to play on Hard as much as possible (because as people have noted, Normal is generally way too easy) but some of these bosses are really challenging. Mostly when they either A) heal or B) constantly apply status effects. At least it's strong motivation to spend time raising good Digimon!

Yasumi

Banned
If anything, they've been making fun of otaku lol
The otaku criticism is HARSH and hilariously accurate. Like the guy speaking with Japanese pronunciation of English words (Gureito), the stalker dude, the Jojo pose losers, and a bunch of others. I love it.

When can I start updating my party points? I'm already in chapter 2 and it's already a nuisance.
There's an early story mission that gives one as a reward. Or maybe it was a boss battle.
I've gotten most of mine from chests in areas so be sure to open all the chests you can in case they have the item in them. I've gotten at least two more that way.

Rnr1224

Any tips for just starting out? Only thing i'm seeing is to get platinumsukamon as soon as possible since he doubles XP.

Any idea how to complete the green pin cases? I have the medals for Poyomon and Kuramon, but I have no idea how to submit them to complete the case.

Caim

Any idea how to complete the green pin cases? I have the medals for Poyomon and Kuramon, but I have no idea how to submit them to complete the case.

The ones where you find an item for the Digimon who lost it? For instance, Gaomon loses an item in Kowloon Level 2. The item is usually called "Someone's Property" and those are what you use to finish the mission and as a reward Gaomon will give you his medal. The only other green pin mission type I've seen is going after other hackers.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Back to the missing content dilemma somebody here suggested that maybe Dianamon doesn't show up on the Database was because we didn't have access to the full DLC (on PS Vita) or because we haven't done all the required DLC Missions to unlock (on PS4).The thing is though that Japanese Players had at least her entry in the Database since Day one without Downloading DLC or patching the game with any Updates.

So the only thing left to check is for someone to see if she appears in the Offline Coliseum Master Cup in the NA version.If Dianamon doesn't show up that I will be convinced that she was removed on purpose but if she does show up than this is surely some sort of bug or delayed DLC release.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I might try this.

A little surprised by the art though. I somehow know literary nothing about this property, always assumed it was generic Pokemon for little kids. So the screens of characters in lingerie and stockings definitely was a bit surprising. lol.

Still, been in an rpg mood lately.

Back to the missing content dilemma somebody here suggested that maybe Dianamon doesn't show up on the Database was because we didn't have access to the full DLC (on PS Vita) or because we haven't done all the required DLC Missions to unlock (on PS4).The thing is though that Japanese Players had at least her entry in the Database since Day one without Downloading DLC or patching the game with any Updates.

So the only thing left to check is for someone to see if she appears in the Offline Coliseum Master Cup in the NA version.If Dianamon doesn't show up that I will be convinced that she was removed on purpose but if she does show up than this is surely some sort of bug or delayed DLC release.
But why would they cut a single Digimon? Are Dianamon's preevolutions in the game at all?
It just seems weird that this might be intentional cause all they've done is add content for the Western release AND we've had Dianamon in localized Digimon games in the past.

L95

Like, what if someone gets to the master cup fight and the game crashes or whatever l-lol

Reszo

Enjoying the game so far, on chapter 5. All my digimon are digivolving how I want them too.

Current Team.
Q2xwOeL.jpg

dzY3fVK.jpg

Yasumi

Banned
Isn't there a character who uses Dianamon as a support for you later in the game? I doubt they'd just remove it.

Enjoying the game so far, on chapter 5. All my digimon are digivolving how I want them too.

Current Team.
Q2xwOeL.jpg

dzY3fVK.jpg
Why isn't your Stingmon nicknamed Orca?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Like, what if someone gets to the master cup fight and the game crashes or whatever l-lol
I'm wondering how her Digimon Scan will turn out if she is in the game considering that her Database Entry is missing.

But why would they cut a single Digimon? Are Dianamon's preevolutions in the game at all?
It just seems weird that this might be intentional cause all they've done is add content for the Western release AND we've had Dianamon in localized Digimon games in the past.

I don't why they would do that if it was done on purpose but my experience in localized PSP and PS Vita games has showed me that this is not surprising.

As for the two extra Digimon I have suggested that maybe they are a consultation prize for removing her in the first place but I really hope I'm wrong since I wanted her in my team.

Top Bottom