• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

silva1991

This is the last form. That larva is in the big ball.

Lucemon_satan2.jpg

Oh that's better:)

Just as a warning this game doesn't have a safe zone so make sure your TV is pixel ratio 1 to 1 and not zoomed in. Understandably you can't fix this on older TV's so keep this warning in mind.

EpOgNIo.jpg

You can tell from the HUD that there is no leeway for any kind of zoom-in.

cheesekao

So I did an experiment if I start a new game without the preorder dlc installed the field guide is missing entries 18, 26, 70, 75, 153, 165, 195, 224 and 235. That corresponds to the DLC digimon. If I reinstall the DLC all but 195 become filled in question marks. So unlike the JPN version you don't see a greyed out entry unless you have the DLC installed so it appears as though the NA release does not contain the Dianamon DLC at all.
Thanks for the info. Looks like that person was wrong after all.

Okay, so I am on the fence about getting this game.

I loved Nocturne for the whole collecting and building demons system and the turn based battles, but I can't stand the social links/dating sim stuff in Persona 3 and 4 despite really enjoying the battles in those games as well.

Also I enjoyed the first two seasons of Digimon back in the day.

From comments it seems like this is right up my alley.
Is Cyber Sleuth probably a good fit for me or am I missing something?

I loved Nocturne for the whole collecting and building demons system and the turn based battles, but I can't stand the social links/dating sim stuff in Persona 3 and 4 despite really enjoying the battles in those games as well.

Sounds to me as if you would like this game.

You'll enjoy it. Nocturne world exploration with Digimon as demons and a better evolution system. It's fantastic.

buy, buy, buy

crud, been refreshing the ps store page on my pc for the entire day.

missed the release, should've just searched it up ><

Hold me gaf, I'm diving in!!!!

Thanks for the info. Looks like that person was wrong after all.

Yeah, the stream and other claims must have been review copies. I guess we might get the DLC later (hopefully)?

Good to know the Vita is not getting shafted when it comes to that, but I hope they plan on releasing it. I need hard mode Demon Lord boss fights.

L95

what was your strategy? I have my patamon with 90+ ability, I don't quite understand the best way to increase stats in the farm

Made a brainy digimon the island leader, and dumped a bunch of int increasing... thingys (bought from the island supplies) on the island. (and a SP increasing thingy)

I also had to go somewhere today so I left the game on to idle to get free exp for everyone in the farms lol when I came back they were good to go

Bladenic

Made a brainy digimon the island leader, and dumped a bunch of int increasing... thingys (bought from the island supplies) on the island. (and a SP increasing thingy)

I also had to go somewhere today so I left the game on to idle to get free exp for everyone in the farms lol when I came back they were good to go

Does the leader affect something?

nikos

So I'm about 3.5 hours in and I'm glad I picked it up. There's still a ton I don't know about the game, but I'm enjoying the story so far. Hopefully I'll become more familiar with the items and Digimon soon. Nothing seems overwhelming yet, which is a good thing.

I kind of want to play it on the PS4 now. I always end up wanting my Vita games on PS4 and vice versa, for some reason. I may have to double dip if the game holds my interest.

L95

Ahh, man, the whole where you talk to the NPC, they say they want help, you walk to the board to accept the mission, then back to the NPC is really annoying <.<

Ultimadrago

Okay, I've officially overwhelmed myself with all the options. Spent like three hours grinding (de-)digivolving while losing track of the Digimon I had before! Will need to write down a gameplan next time.

Well, at least I got Acceleration Charge on a soon-to-be BlackWarGreymon.

silva1991

IceDevimon is "cooler".

Heheh... heh.

8/10 :p

Well Icedevimon leads to Lillithmon sooo....

never heard of her, was she in that X somthing anime?

I might go with Devimon because I don't have anyone with dark attacks

what mega digimon does he lead to?

Back in DW2 I used think Icedevimon was so lame(he did look super lame in that game) but after seeing tamers he got so much more awesome. It helps that they don't use that garbage blue design from the older games anymore.

he really looks cool, but I've got plenty of digimons with fire/water/ice attacks. -__-

How's the story in this game? I never kept up with Digimon so pretend as if I don't know anything about it.

Just for point of reference, I like Persona 4 (not 3), some Tales of games (Zestiria, Xilia, Vesperia), Final Fantasy games, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1/2, etc.

Thanks!

Croc

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed that Bakemon and Phantomon aren't in this. I hope I'm thinking of the right names lol.

Stider

he really looks cool, but I've got plenty of digimons with fire/water/ice attacks. -__-

Piedmon and VenomMyotismon I think.

ReaperXL7

Anyone know who I need to digivolve to get Cyberdramon? It doesn't seem like Strikedramon or Devidramon are in this so I'm assuming its from one of the various greymons but I'm not sure.

IceDevimon -> LadyDevimon -> Laylamon

Devi -> BlueMeramon -> Barbamon/Boltmon/Daemon
Devi -> Infermon -> Beekzemon/Diaboromon/VenomMyo
Devimon -> BlueMetalGreymon -> BlackWar/Samudramon/WarGreymon
Devi -> Myotismon -> Barbmon/Piedmon/VenomMyo

I'd imagine the new Digimon World game reuses assets from this and any future Digimon game as well while adding new ones.

Yeah, we've already seen a decent selection of new Digimon for Next Order, and I would imagine that the next Digimon game after that (probably a followup to Cyber Sleuth, whether a direct sequel or just a successor) would continue to follow suit. There's still plenty of Digimon that I really want to see added.

I'd imagine Digimon World game reuses assets from this and any future Digimon game as well while adding new ones.

Yeah, Digimon World: Next Order has already added Digimon like Gallantmon Crimson Mode, Turuiemon, Shoutmon, Agunimon, etc as well as a ton of Baby Digimon.

I hope Cyber Sleuth does well and gets us that game.

Croc

Banned
Bakemon's in (I need to start taking PS4 screenshots.)
3QedtUy.jpg

Phantomon's not though. I hope tons of Digimon are added to the next Story game.

Oh, maybe the listing I was looking at was using JP names or something? I had searched somewhere before and didn't see him!

edit: god. Lilithmon is probably my least favorite Digimon design ever. So awful.

General strategies for digivolving/devolving? I guess you don't want to digivolve everyone because of team space...it's confusing! Do you just kinda go with what works?

L95

Chapter 10 spoils.

Yuugo....

.... damn it. Ahahahahah! I assumed the resemblance was just the art style! I knew there was something up with hi... him.

Top Bottom