• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Game has downloaded and my body is ready. Any tips for somebody just starting up?

Avoid hard mode until you have a full team. Use PlatinumSukamon if you want to grind EXP. Remember to de-digivolve to raise the level cap and ability.

General strategies for digivolving/devolving? I guess you don't want to digivolve everyone because of team space...it's confusing! Do you just kinda go with what works?

I always rotate my team to fit in the Memory Limit, don't know how others do it.

Much to my relief, the game is available digitally on PSN in Australia. BOUGHT. I apologize for my pre-emptive ranting, Bamco, all is forgiven.

Currently in the DigiLab for the first time, chose Terriermon as my starter. Also, I absolutely love the look of the DigiFarms this time around, the bordered pixel look is very striking, it has a bit of a 3D Dot Heroes vibe except with 'seams' between pixels of varying texture instead of borders.

Though, the lack of camera rotation and d-pad only being walking is a bit of a bother, though I suspect the former is to limit the amount of stuff on-screen in the overworld. Can't say I disagree with the results, the game is one of the Vita's best-looking titles, and looks even better in HD.

Wow, the intro is giving me huge Summer Wars vibes.

That's partly because the guy who directed Summer Wars also did Digimon: Our War Game, which Summer Wars was pretty much a spiritual remake of.

Bladenic

Oh man, I evolved the Terriermon palette swap to Wizardmon and now I really wanna keep him even tho I wanted Gatomon :(((( this is hard

Got two Platinum Sukamon going. Letting my party hop freely along the evolution chart. They're very distant now, haha. What was once MachGaogamon is now Sorcermon.

Is there anyway to boost GeoGreymon's DEF stat? RizeGreymon requires 90 DEF, but I'm close to GeoGreymon's max level and there's only close to 70 DEF.

Where are the items available?

There's a way to do that?

Put a Defender type as leader in DigiFarm and then train them. Depending on how quick you want the results you can sacrifice CAM for quicker stat boost. I would devolve and revolve him a couple cycles before doing that though. I usually aim for around 75 ABI if its a Digimon I want on my team long term

Okay guys; gonna pull the trigger. I really hope I like this. Never gotten into digimon or Pokemon but as a fan of SMT watching videos of the game is hitting all the right notes for me.

Bladenic

The fuq am I supposed to be doing for the broken AC quest? Lady said go talk to management but there isn't anyone for me to talk to.

I'm kinda worried, I've got 9 hours on the clock and I'm still in chapter 2. Yikes.

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
I've got a team of Wargrowlmon, Taomon, Rapidmon, Grapleomon, and a Gargomon that I'm going to evolve to Antiylamon. Andromon and Wizardmon are also in the DigiFarm right now.

I have to say, my biggest problem with this game so far is that I'm almost 20 hours in, and it feels like most of my encounters are still In-Training and Rookie Digimon when I feel like I should be regularly facing champions at least.

I'm still liking the game a lot though, moreso than the recent Pokemon games.

I'm very impressed at hard mode; it's actually difficult and accounts for grinding style play. Though I'm not exactly sure how you would beat hard mode without using PlatinumSukamon or Tactician USB strategies to actually build a strong team.

Ok I'm dumb, where do I go for the air conditioner quest in Chapter 2? I've been mostly skipping through dialogue so I have no idea where to go and the blonde girl doesn't give any hints.

Xenoflare

Ok I'm dumb, where do I go for the air conditioner quest in Chapter 2? I've been mostly skipping through dialogue so I have no idea where to go and the blonde girl doesn't give any hints.

Go to the
coffee shop where you got your beans during your very first quest

Yeah I know it took me a long time to find out too, if the game has an actual map, (as in not just a picture without any player icons) it would help dramatically

The "Train" option on the DigiFarm boosts the bonus stats of the Digimon depending on their and the leader's personality. I haven't played much because of lack of free time, so I don't know what the English defense personality is yet.

Thanks. Defender is the English option from what I researched. The Digifarm is a fantastic idea for stats considering I went from 70 to 88 in one shot.

Rewind

I got rekted by the first random battle I was in with 2 kuromon, used all my healing items and beat them with 12 hp left. Is there any way to heal without items?

silva1991

I got rekted by the first random battle I was in with 2 kuromon, used all my healing items and beat them with 12 hp left. Is there any way to heal without items?

In battle? lots of digimons will have healing spells

outside of battle? you heal in the digilab(costs money)

True Fire

I'm very impressed at hard mode; it's actually difficult and accounts for grinding style play. Though I'm not exactly sure how you would beat hard mode without using PlatinumSukamon or Tactician USB strategies to actually build a strong team.

I'm doing pretty well without PlatSuka. You have to make good use of Data/Vaccine/Virus, debuffs, and healing items. It feels very Shin Megami Tensei, particularly when a boss gets a type advantage and one shots you.

Normal mode until you have a team of 3. You'll find a shit ton of healing items within the first 20 minutes.

I only have cam boosting food :/

does stats bonuses from equipments count?

No, it doesn't.

If you get a Digimon leader with an attack boosting personality (I think it's Fighter) and Train in the DigiFarm, you could probably get him boosted in no time.

Thanks. Defender is the English option from what I researched. The Digifarm is a fantastic idea for stats considering I went from 70 to 88 in one shot.

Yeah, the DigiFarm becomes pretty useful as you head into Ultimate and Mega levels.

I'm doing pretty well without PlatSuka. You have to make good use of Data/Vaccine/Virus, debuffs, and healing items. It feels very Shin Megami Tensei, particularly when a boss gets a type advantage and one shots you.

Normal mode until you have a team of 3. You'll find a shit ton of healing items within the first 20 minutes.

Yeah, I'm really liking hard so far. There is actual challenge and planning ahead this go around.

Pau

Still can't get a good mix of vaccine/virus/data types. The only type where I have a decent spread of the secondary types is vaccine. Everything else is pretty much Fire. :p

Anybody seen Gametrailers' podcast GT Time this week? Apparently Ben Moore was also playing Cyber Sleuth as well, and Michael Huber was singing the Digimon theme song all week.

The vastly inferior but admittedly catchy English theme song, but a Digimon song nonetheless.

IbukiLordSA

Woke up to the game being put on PSN this morning, in my country it is almost R1000 for the physical copy which has been delayed till 18th February, so was nice to see it pop up on PSN this morning and to my surprise it was on PSN for R599 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the physical pre-orders. It is the equivalent to $37 for the PS4 version, vita version is $31 so went with the PS4 version.

Excited to get a team together.

Chapter 10

s8JlpMN.gif

Got wrecked by someone online with the name Roseknightmon, true to their name they were using a Rosemon and two Lillymon.

I was all ultimates so I thought I might stand a chance... Nope.

HotHamBoy

Hey, any of you out there fretting over which version to get, I'll say this: Vita version looks pretty great IRL. I was worried because the screens didn't look so hot, but in motion, in-person, it looks very crisp and nice. Portability + $20 saved is justified. I'm sure the 1080p60 looks fab, but this doesn't really feel like a compromise.

I didn't ever play Digimon as a kid, I played Pokemon Red and kind of never got into another monster collecting game. I returned to Pokemon with X/Y on 3DS and I thought it was pretty charming, but I grew bored after 15 hours or so and put it down. We'll see how I feel in 15 hours but so far this is looking like a game I'm going to have a much easier time sticking with. The plot is silly but it is much more engaging. Not that I care about the story but the world is over-all more interesting to explore.

Chapter 10

Hang on it only gets wilder

They weren't kidding when they said it picks up at chapter 10 lol

Yesssss, Chapter 10 is where it starts to get interesting...

Hey, any of you out there fretting over which version to get, I'll say this: Vita version looks pretty great IRL. I was worried because the screens didn't look so hot, but in motion, in-person, it looks very crisp and nice. Portability + $20 saved is justified. I'm sure the 1080p60 looks fab, but this doesn't really feel like a compromise..

Vita screenshots are compressed, which does it a disservice. It's a great looking game on both systems.

igor

Last time I had anything to do with Digimon was when I was 7 years old so this is exciting. Did my part and downloaded the game last night, and cant wait to get back home from work.

Are there charts or some sort of introduction to evolving Digimon in the game? Digimon evolution always seemed so confusing to me.

Yu Narukami

Dear amazon.de
Thank you for sending Digimon Story tomorrow even though the official release date is today.
Sincerely
Yu Narukami

PS: Fuck you

ReaperXL7

Game is so good, its one of those rare games that's got me thinking about it even when I can't play it because I keep thinking about how I want to build my mons/teams and I am getting pretty interested in the story.

If I had a gripe it would be that it's really easy to power up your digimon to a point where they exceed the amount of available memory you have to actually use them pretty early in the game. Its not a major issues because you get memory upgrades that will fix that but early on it makes it hard to decide when to digivolve and when to just wait it out until you have enough memory so you don't make your best digimon unavailable to use.

My current main team is GrapLeomon, Taomon, and Black Gatomon with Ogremon as my only backup until I can bring my memory up a bit. I have quite a few champions and ultimates in my farm ready to digivolve but I'm holding off for now since I only just started chapter 4.

What are the chances the vita version will receive a patch to fix the missing content?

If you are referring to the purple DLC quests, it appears the PS4 version does not have them either and it was a mistake made by people noticing them in review copies.

The voice clips missing in a couple of the Chapters could probably be easily fixed, but Bamco hasn't said anything yet.

Last time I had anything to do with Digimon was when I was 7 years old so this is exciting. Did my part and downloaded the game last night, and cant wait to get back home from work.

Are there charts or some sort of introduction to evolving Digimon in the game? Digimon evolution always seemed so confusing to me.

If you want to know who digivolves into who, I believe people have been using this guide. If you want the basics of digivolving, check the OP.

Trace

Banned
I'm really digging the game even though the game does a REALLY poor job of explaining certain things.

Like not once that I noticed did it explain how the max level works and why you would dedigivolve and how the majority of the Digifarm works.

Kalentan

I can't deny... as soon as the "EDEN" video began playing at the start, I almost thought I had turned on Summer Wars somehow. XD

Top Bottom