• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

ReaperXL7

Does anyone know what the prerequisite is for Bancho Leomon? I thought it might be a DNA digivolve between GrapLeo and Panjayamon but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in GrapLeos digivolution list.

Ricitor

Just woke up, paid and the download has started. Was extremely happy to see the price for PS4 version at R600 (roughly $38) on PSN as I was expecting way worse.
It should be ready to play in about 5-7 hours.

Honestly most of it is confusing to me so far. Like the whole idea of needing to devolve and how you manage specific stat values in order to evolve into certain forms. I think its frustrating how they only show you sillhouettes of the different forms you can evolve until until after youve already evolved. I often end up evolving into something that looks dumb or not at all what I wanted to evolve into. Then theres that one option where you can basically feed on digimon to another to somehow increase the one digimon's power. I dont know man its all just a confusing mess to me right now. Maybe as I play more I'll learn more about it but for now I am pretty much baffled by it all.
Devolving is like doing a prestige or New Game + on a Digimon. Their stats decrease because they are weaker, but their ability to get stronger goes up!
Most monster games don't easily let you see what youre going to get when something evolves. At least with Digimon if you land on an ugly ass monster you can devolve it (thereby getting stronger too!) then try another route. It's very free-form and fluid after a bit of adjustment.

Feeding a Digimon to another is probably something most people won't use. I imagine if you wanted the Stat gains of one Digimon on another Digimon you could do that but otherwise? Not much need when it's so easy to just raise a new Digimon.

Wereroku

So I did an experiment if I start a new game without the preorder dlc installed the field guide is missing entries 18, 26, 70, 75, 153, 165, 195, 224 and 235. That corresponds to the DLC digimon. If I reinstall the DLC all but 195 become filled in question marks. So unlike the JPN version you don't see a greyed out entry unless you have the DLC installed so it appears as though the NA release does not contain the Dianamon DLC at all.

Ken

Any tips for fighting Eaters? I'm not losing to them but they're kind of boring to fight so I think I'm doing something wrong.

RexNovis

Banned
Devolving is like doing a prestige or New Game + on a Digimon. Their stats decrease because they are weaker, but their ability to get stronger goes up!
Most monster games don't easily let you see what youre going to get when something evolves. At least with Digimon if you land on an ugly ass monster you can devolve it (thereby getting stronger too!) then try another route. It's very free-form and fluid after a bit of adjustment.

Feeding a Digimon to another is probably something most people won't use. I imagine if you wanted the Stat gains of one Digimon on another Digimon you could do that but otherwise? Not much need when it's so easy to just raise a new Digimon.

So theres no penalty for devolving right after you evolve? I thought I needed to level up the evolved form for a while in order to get any sort of benefit from the evolution before devolving again. It is also not really clear what sort of evolutions you can expect further down on each path. Like I dont know if sticking with a stupid looking digimon like Armadillomon will net me some really awesome evolution forms later down the road or something. I imagine would know this if i was more familiar with the series but I'm not so I have no clue. A lot of the evolutions just dont seem to follow any pattern like there's no rhyme or reason to it. As a result I have literally no idea what to expect from any given digimon's evolutionary tree at any given time.

There are also items that you can feed your Digimon and I'm not really sure what those are for.

Also there's apparently some sort of impact that the leader of the DigiFarm's type plays in the progression of all the other Digimon in the farm but I'm unsure what role that plays or even what each type (Brainy? etc) means.

I feel like this would be much less confusing if I just had some sort of manual or something that I could read to explain all the intricacies involved.

Caim

Any tips for fighting Eaters? I'm not losing to them but they're kind of boring to fight so I think I'm doing something wrong.

Defend when they raise their attack power. Attacks that do fixed damage work best because they have absurd defense but very low health. Poison works wonders because they are susceptible to it and you can just guard til they die. I think Gatomon also has an attack that does a set amount of damage.

Ken

So theres no penalty for devolving right after you evolve? I thought I needed to level up the evolved form for a while in order to get any sort of benefit from the evolution before devolving again.

There are also items that you can feed your Digimon and I'm not really sure what those are for.

Also theres apparently some sort of impact that the leader of the DigiFarm's type plays in the progression of all the other Digimon in the farm but I'm unsure what role that plays or even what each type (Brainy? etc) means.

I feel like this would be much less confusing if I just had some sort of manual or something that I could read to explain all the intricacies involved.

Feeding the default digimeat gives CAM which is a condition for certain digivolutons. You get the stat from being in front in combat I think, so it's a way to get CAM % to digimon who you don't have fighting.

Caim

So theres no penalty for devolving right after you evolve? I thought I needed to level up the evolved form for a while in order to get any sort of benefit from the evolution before devolving again. It is also not really clear what sort of evolutions you can expect further down on each path. Like I dont know if sticking with a stupid looking digimon like Armadillomon will net me some really awesome evolution forms later down the road or something. I imagine would know this if i was more familiar with the series but I'm not so I have no clue.

Also there's apparently some sort of impact that the leader of the DigiFarm's type plays in the progression of all the other Digimon in the farm but I'm unsure what role that plays or even what each type (Brainy? etc) means.

When you train the stat that raises is based on the leader's personality. For instance if you had a Brainy digimon as leader then it will raise the INT stat of everyone in the farm.

Kouriozan

Going to wait until the Dianamon situation is fixed, it would hurt the completionnist inside me seeing it's missing Digimon number 195.

hahah holy shit

spoilers ahead, but NOT story spoilers. just a funny sidequest with no tie-in to the story.

just got done with a sidequest
where lilymon invaded someone's phone. she was taking selfies and pictures of her "flowers" in this guy's (aptly named "hot guy") phone, and she'd take more whenever he deleted them.

at the end she wants to know if he thinks she's cute and shit but then says she doesn't want to know, and will keep any women from calling him by instantly hanging up

he ends up being cool with it because he's gay

Caim

Does anyone know what the prerequisite is for Bancho Leomon? I thought it might be a DNA digivolve between GrapLeo and Panjayamon but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in GrapLeos digivolution list.

GrapLeomon, IceLeomon, BlackWereGururumon, and MachGaogamon can digivolve to Bancho. You'll need to be Level 55 with 120 ATK, 130 DEF, and 20 ABI.

silva1991

latest

yikesss

reload.

Delio

hahah holy shit

spoilers ahead, but NOT story spoilers. just a funny sidequest with no tie-in to the story.

where lilymon invaded someone's phone. she was taking selfies and pictures of her "flowers" in this guy's (aptly named "hot guy") phone, and she'd take more whenever he deleted them.

at the end she wants to know if he thinks she's cute and shit but then says she doesn't want to know, and will keep any women from calling him by instantly hanging up

That twist at the end shocked me hah.

Yasumi

Banned
hahah holy shit

I got through that, and the last line just killed me. Goddamn wasn't expecting that.

Good lord, you guys were right.

Hagurumon Dungeon + PlatinumSukamon = EZ Ultimates.

Just leveled up my first MetalGreymon.

what dungeon is that? does it have birds, greymon and and a guard guy
aka where he asks you to find his gear in a portal like place
sorry my digimon terminology is pretty uh nonexistent now lol

Ken

Defend when they raise their attack power. Attacks that do fixed damage work best because they have absurd defense but very low health. Poison works wonders because they are susceptible to it and you can just guard til they die. I think Gatomon also has an attack that does a set amount of damage.

What's the wording that denotes a move does set damage?

-----

Man, the localization is kind of rough. Having a hard time following a lot of conversation dialogue. Sometimes stuff feels like a machine translation. It wouldn't be as bad if quest objectives weren't woven into the dialogue and there was a way to reread the script.

hahah holy shit

Some of the cases are pure gold.

Caim

-----

Man, the localization is kind of rough. Having a hard time following a lot of conversation dialogue. Sometimes stuff feels like a machine translation.

I'm not sure I've only used Venom Trap which is a poison skill and I know that it does a set amount of damage that increases every turn. BlackGatomon's signature attack does a fixed amount of damage with a chance of Panic but I'm not sure how it's worded in this version.

-----

Man, the localization is kind of rough. Having a hard time following a lot of conversation dialogue. Sometimes stuff feels like a machine translation. It wouldn't be as bad if quest objectives weren't woven into the dialogue and there was a way to reread the script.

Really? It feels fine to me. No issues with flow or anything on my end...

Signed the petition back in the day and putting my money where my mouth is. Picked Palmon as a starter since I used to be Digimon Adventure nut. I'd imagine the mechanical one is by far the least picked starter.

Shit I can't decide between training my Tankmon up to Knightmon or just going YOLO and digiconverting the one I already have scanned but not having ANY ABI to evole it later.

Also Wisemon was a motherfucking mistake, my good my Wisemon gets fucking farted on and it dies.

Ultimadrago

Okay, I'm trying to hunt down one of the generic Hackers, but I looked all over the floor they told me to with no avail. Are they supposed to be invisible?

CazTGG

So i've played for a couple of hours and have been enjoying Cyber Sleuth (currently trying to get a team together that resembles Tamers)... however there's something about digivolving that's yet to be explained. I get the idea behind digivolving and de-evolving in order to get certain stat boosts or to up your maximum level in order to meet certain requirements for certain digivolutions, but is there a difference between, say, digivolving at level 10 as opposed to digivolving at level 40 like higher starting stats?

Kinsei

Banned
So i've played for a couple of hours and have been enjoying Cyber Sleuth... however there's something about digivolving that's yet to be explained. I get the idea behind digivolving and de-evolving in order to get certain stat boosts or to up your maximum level in order to meet certain requirements for certain digivolutions, but is there a difference between, say, digivolving at level 10 as opposed to digivolving at level 40 like higher starting stats?

I believe the higher your level the more your ABI stat raises. I know that's how it works for devolving at least.

silva1991

Can't wait to get Angewomon for the ultimate team angels

hqdefault.jpg

and this should be the third one in my party

latest

I always loved angle digimons.

dragn

So i've played for a couple of hours and have been enjoying Cyber Sleuth (currently trying to get a team together that resembles Tamers)... however there's something about digivolving that's yet to be explained. I get the idea behind digivolving and de-evolving in order to get certain stat boosts or to up your maximum level in order to meet certain requirements for certain digivolutions, but is there a difference between, say, digivolving at level 10 as opposed to digivolving at level 40 like higher starting stats?

you can learn more skills with higher lvl

sephi22

Amazon sent me my DLC code today. I downloaded something called a starter kit or something on PS4. I can't find the DLC digimon in my game? Where would I find them? Or do I have to start a new game and lose 8 hours of progress?

Kinsei

Banned
Amazon sent me my DLC code today. I downloaded something called a starter kit or something on PS4. I can't find the DLC digimon in my game? Where would I find them? Or do I have to start a new game and lose 8 hours of progress?

There should now be a woman standing outside the door to the detective agency that will give you the DLC when you talk to her.

sephi22

There should now be a woman standing outside the door to the detective agency that will give you the DLC when you talk to her.
Ah. Found DLC Distributor-chan <3. She tells me I don't have enough memory in my party. Of course. Hopefully I get memory expansion soon. Stuck at 20 and game required me to have 4 rookies to open a firewall

Lexxism

To get the DLC, you'll need to talk to the woman standing next to the Detective Agency's entrance in the game.
I can't see the woman standing? I'm at chapter 3 right now.

edit: Never mind. I think I know what's my problem.

Top Bottom