• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

What's the situation with the asian english language version regardin this missing dlc and dialogue thing? I might buy it from HK store if it's all good. But then again I'd like to support the western release...

Or does it even have the dlc stuff? Just noticed that it got released today same as EU.

Checked the HK store and there's no english version available. EU it is then.

Asian english version will release next week according to asian ps blog http://blog.asia.playstation.com/sg-en/2795/2016/02/whats-on-psn-this-week-2-feb/#comment-346

I'm really digging the game even though the game does a REALLY poor job of explaining certain things.

Like not once that I noticed did it explain how the max level works and why you would dedigivolve and how the majority of the Digifarm works.

It's all mentioned in the tutorials that pop up when you first use the services.

Really they push too much on you at once. If they gave you room to breath before learning how to use new things, the tutorials would be more helpful. I doubt that most understood the jargon they throw at you at that point.

seems completely sold out on amazon Germany and people are already taking advantage

.. glad I pre-ordered

6qfSoYX.png

Stalk

So I got a chance to play for about two hours last night, which lead me up to the hospital. Game is a pretty fun middle of the road JRPG, if it wasn't for the Digimon stuff I might be a little more negative potentially but the theme really adds to it. I may buy myself a Vita version on PSN just so I can play on the go as well.

The comments about hard mode, I did it from step one and people saying "don't until you have a full party" are pretty accurate. Went with Terriermon and got my shit slapped around like crazy for a while but spent some time in the tube in chapter 1 just scanning and doing a bit of levelling. I like the asthetic overall so far and as much as I can tell it was definitely a handheld title I think it looks pretty nice.

Will see how it goes when I get back from work / gym tonight and see how much further I can get.

alexein

i preordered at amazon de too but i canceled it and bought it at thegamecollection since it was 10€ cheaper .

What's crazy is that even on ps4 its less than 3 giga

Other than that Smash clone on OG Xbox I've never played a Digimon game, I'm really loving this game though! It almost feels like Persona X Digimon, lol.
So what other Digimon games have this combat system? And does the upcoming game have a similar combat system? I read that it's half automatic or something.

Other than that Smash clone on OG Xbox I've never played a Digimon game, I'm really loving this game though! It almost feels like Persona X Digimon, lol.
So what other Digimon games have this combat system? And does the upcoming game have a similar combat system? I read that it's half automatic or something.
The digimon world DS games(DS, Dawn/dusk, lost evolution) are what this games systems are based on. Digimon world 3 has turn based fights as well, Dw2 does as well but it's not that great imo.
Also rumble arena wasn't really a smash clone.
The new game isn't similar to this but has a better system imo. It's systems are similar to digimon world 1 and digimon world re digitize
seems completely sold out on amazon Germany and people are already taking advantage

.. glad I pre-ordered
Yeah, some of the online retailers in the UK don't have it in stock either. Including Amazon who hasn't had it in stock for a week+(it comes in and out of stock but hasn't been consistently in stock for a while).

No, Digimon World Next Order is different. The combat is real time and you technically have no direct control over your Digimon's actions except for a few commands.

MongKey

It seems they pushed an update Version 1.03 for the game, mine is the NA vita version.

The patch note says
- Country/region name displayed during network battle

Don't know if it fix anything else since its just a 9 MB patch.

Kalentan

I know I'm playing hard... but did they really need to have enemies that can nearly 2 hit you (in some cases, 2 hit because there's 2 enemies.) It feels kind of unfair.

Ricitor

So I am about 4 hours in and really loving it. Thanks to this thread I got some the digivolution system down but there is one thing I want to confirm. When I de-digivolve, is it worth getting the lower rank to full level again or should I just simple digivolve as I hit the requirements for next rank?

.. glad I pre-ordered
Noticed this too yesterday ... made me order the physical version in the first place. ^^ (Not for scalping, for collection!)

As of yesterday, the game was still orderable at the Media Markt online store ... though it's now listed with 4-5 work days delivery.
Ordered with in-store pick-up, curious wether i get it or the order will be cancelled.

I do wish this had copied the Blast digivolution and mid-battle DNA digivolution from Digimon World 3. It would given the first half of the game another layer of strategy

It seems they pushed an update Version 1.03 for the game, mine is the NA vita version.

The patch note says

Don't know if it fix anything else since its just a 1 MB patch.
US PS4 player Here: Got the exact same update.

Huh, Chapter 3's boss fight was a surprise jump in difficulty, mainly because I spent the whole chapter with a full team of Adult-levels.

I think the main issue with the game is the rather barren dungeon-crawling and sometimes backtracking to earlier areas, but Persona 4 had that problem as well.

Ken

Huh, Chapter 3's boss fight was a surprise jump in difficulty, mainly because I spent the whole chapter with a full team of Adult-levels.

I think the main issue with the game is the rather barren dungeon-crawling and sometimes backtracking to earlier areas, but Persona 4 had that problem as well.

I wouldn't mind the barren dungeons and backtracking of them as much if they had some nice music to go with them.

So I am about 4 hours in and really loving it. Thanks to this thread I got some the digivolution system down but there is one thing I want to confirm. When I de-digivolve, is it worth getting the lower rank to full level again or should I just simple digivolve as I hit the requirements for next rank?

It is generally faster to just evolve and de-evolve as soon as you can. I think Level affects how much ABI you get from digivolutions (like, +1 per 10 levels or something), but IIRC, it is negligible enough so it is faster to ignore it.

L.O.R.D

The patch note says

Don't know if it fix anything else since its just a 1 MB patch.

did it fix the glitch ?
also , it's 9 mb.

ViciousDS

Banned
What determines the wall crack level? certain types of digimon or just the number of digimons in my party?

Go to character and skills. It will have descriptions there

But to answer your question it's party size of rookie level or higher.

Wall crack level 2 is 4 rookie digimon or more in party

What determines the wall crack level? certain types of digimon or just the number of digimons in my party?

Both, I think. You can actually look up the requirements in the Player menu, but here's the wall crack requisites:

Level 2: Four or more Digimon which are Rookie or better
Level 3: Four or more Digimon at Champion or better
Level 4: Four or more Digimon at Ultimate or better

Having all the skills available requires you pretty much have a full party with a variety of attributes and at least four Megas.

silva1991

Go to character and skills. It will have descriptions there

But to answer your question it's party size of rookie level or higher.

Wall crack level 2 is 4 rookie digimon or more in party

Both, I think. You can actually look up the requirements in the Player menu, but here's the wall crack requisites:

Level 2: Four or more Digimon which are Rookie or better
Level 3: Four or more Digimon at Champion or better
Level 4: Four or more Digimon at Ultimate or better

Having all the skills available requires you pretty much have a full party with a variety of attributes and at least four Megas.

I can't believe I forgot to check the player's skills

thanx.

I need to stop grinding and start progressing. At the beginning of chapter 3 and am about to have 2 Champions which means I can only carry one other Rookie+ Digimon.

NMFried

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I increase max party count? (I.e. Being able to actually have three champions in my main line up)

If you de-digivolve a DNA digivolution do you still get both Digimon back? My paildramon probably won't get high enough stats until basically level 99 if he gets there or is there a better way to increase his stats? I'm only in chapter 7 after all.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I increase max party count? (I.e. Being able to actually have three champions in my main line up)

Use the Memory UP items that you often get from bosses

Syntsui

wow just saw the user score in metacritic 9.2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth

is really good this game?

surprise of the year for me

It's amazing if you love Digimon and Persona-like RPGs with that ''animayyyy'' touch. It's great if you only love Digimons. It's good if you like a simple and fun RPGs.

I'm loving it so far, but some of the dialogues are reallly bad and the characters are way too weaboo for my taste. The battle system is great and there's a huge selection of digimons.

One small thing that's bothering the hell out of me is how the female player character stands with her chest out and her arms behind her. I almost never choose a female character if given the option (have never done it in Pokemon) but I did it for this game and her posture just looks awful.

Ken

One small thing that's bothering the hell out of me is how the female player character stands with her chest out and her arms behind her. I almost never choose a female character if given the option (have never done it in Pokemon) but I did it for this game and her posture just looks awful.

Yeah it's pretty bad. The Yuuka girl does it too.

Her :mad: pose is worth it though.

NZerker12

I saw that you get Tailmon by getting Terriormon to lv16 but hit the cap, so I devolved it down to Nyaromon. To get it back to Terriormon I have to level it to lv8 but its cap is lv11.

Should I digivlove at lv8 or at lv11?

Top Bottom