• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

kierwynn

Hey guys/gals

I really hate to derail the discussion going on here but I'm looking for a little input about this game. So if a few people could just chime in with some quick opinions that would be great.

I have never played a Digimon game before but from the first time I saw this game it peaked my interest. Is this a good game to jump into if I have never played any of the prior games? Does it stand on its own? Do to my own ignorance I sort of associated this series as another "pokemon" game, however the OP points out that its in fact closer to Shin Megami Tensei style games. How close is this comparison? I really enjoy the SMT games along with the variants and if this is similar then it should be right up my alley.

Finally, outside of the obvious graphical differences are there any other downfalls of the Vita version? I would prefer to play this on the handheld if everything works well there.

I've never played a single digimon game before (and really my overall digimon knowledge is pretty low as I only casually watched it when I was a kid), but I'm really enjoying it. The evolution system is pretty involved (in that there are a lot of different options) and it's really addicting for that alone.

Well since I'm in Chapter 7 how about getting Flamedramon and then when I'm later in the game go back and get him up to UlforceVeedramon? Is how is Flamedramon compared to AeroVeedramon?

So it could definitely be worth it even if I end up with UlforceVeedramon in the end anyways?

I looked up the skill. It's an attack that does 105 Physical Fire damage to one foe. If that seems worth it, go for it.

You won't be able to get UlforceVeedramon until around Chapter 19 anyway just remember. :)

And if you want to get all stuff in the field guide taken care of, you can always Digivolve him to Flamedramon and then De-Digivolve him.
Chapter 19!? Dear lord. What about wargrowlmon when can i megaevolve him, he's the only one on my team who needs a case done.

Stuart444

Just so people know, the Platinum Digimon and GoldNumemon both give you more EXP (Plats) and Yen (GoldNumemon) when you face them in battle as well. And I think the EXP USB is dropped by PlatinumNumemon in the final proper dungeon.

GoldNumemon seems to drop CAM USB which doesn't increase friendship like you might think. It increases the Combo Rate (Combo Rate + 10%) (I found him in Kowloon Level 4, base yen is just over 3000 from one fight and they are easy to beat with Vaccine types)

Just some small tid bits incase you come across them. I remember using Function Call 2 in the final dungeon to spawn PlatNumemon for the EXP USB.

Just some small tips for folk :)

Since it was the last post :) for the new page.

Chapter 19!? Dear lord. What about wargrowlmon when can i megaevolve him, he's the only one on my team who needs a case done.

All Royal Knight Digimon need to wait til then.

Can someone explain to me how I digivolve correctly?

My starter, Terriermon for example. I want him to be Cherubimon, so I went back to Lopmon -> Gargomon -> next should be Antylamon but my INT isn't high enough but the INT goes only up by 1 per level, which is a pain in the ass. What am I doing wrong? I made him now to Rapidmon (lvl. 30 atm)

My starter, Terriermon for example. I want him to be Cherubimon, so I went back to Lopmon -> Gargomon -> next should be Antylamon but my INT isn't high enough but the INT goes only up by 1 per level, which is a pain in the ass. What am I doing wrong? I made him now to Rapidmon (lvl. 30 atm)

Use the DigiFarm to increase Gargomon's bonus stats.

Get a leader with a Brainy personality and Train Gargomon.

T.O.P

Banned
BTW why do i read people suggesting Platinum Numemon over Platinum Sukemon? Just because of the 3 slot for exp items? or is there anything else?

Becaus getting Etamon to 65 for that is taking a while

Stuart444

Best you can do is level him as far as possible then De-Digivolve and level him to his new max level.

You can also use the DigiFarm for bonus stats. Leader and their personality determines what stats are gained via the training function.

(ABI / 2) + 50 up to a max of 100 bonus points total.

Another thing to note is, your Digimon will gain 2 bonus stats, the leader and their own I believe. So keep that in mind as well. (ie if the leader is brainy and the one you want to gain those stats is a Defender, it will get both INT and DEF bonus stats gained)

That may help though to get you to the right stats you need quicker.

What leader helps to increase INT?

Anyone with the Brainy Personality.

Well you can either use PlatinumSukamon and Tactician USBs to EXP farm up Gargomon enough to reach the INT, or use DigiFarm Training.

Make a "Brainy" personality digimon the leader of the farm, but Gargomon into it, then start training to raise INT. Or make Gargomon a "Brainy" personality with a patch item you can buy later in the game. This will give your Gargomon bonus stats in INT.

If you want Cherubimon you're also gonna need to raise your ABI score to 40. You raise that score merely by constantly digivolving forwards and backwards.

Stuart444

BTW why do i read people suggesting Platinum Numemon over Platinum Sukemon? Just because of the 3 slot for exp items? or is there anything else?

That and because the Megas will be tougher to use in battle and it makes it easier to fight with 3 PlatinumNumemon than 3 PlatinumSukamon though I personally don't recommend it til later in the game when you have better grinding options.

Also I recommend people only do it ONE at a time, so you have 2 PlatinumSukamons with 1 Etemon and then do the next one (which would mean you'd have 1 PlatSuka, 1 PlatNume and 1 Etemon) until all 3 are PlatinumNumemon.

if you only had one PlatSukamon and you Digivolved it to Etemon then yeah it will take a while, especially without the EXP USB equip item.

So that's why weregaruromon isn't getting any DEF because he was a fighter

what if the digimon is maxed out(lv99) will it get bonuses? in the farm?

Yes, level doesn't matter when it comes to bonus stats. ONLY ABI matters.

Big shoutout to the people in this thread btw. Alot of the same questions are being asked and nobody gets upset and alot of people are alil lost, alot of you have been a big help.

Wazzy

Banned
Current team is WereGarurumom, AeroVeedramon and GaoGamon. I've got Rapidmon and WereGarurumonBlk as my other digimon but my memory is too full so they're in farm right now.

The platSuka's are really helping out with levelling.

T.O.P

Banned
That and because the Megas will be tougher to use in battle and it makes it easier to fight with 3 PlatinumNumemon than 3 PlatinumSukamon though I personally don't recommend it til later in the game when you have better grinding options.

Also I recommend people only do it ONE at a time, so you have 2 PlatinumSukamons with 1 Etemon and then do the next one (which would mean you'd have 1 PlatSuka, 1 PlatNume and 1 Etemon) until all 3 are PlatinumNumemon.

if you only had one PlatSukamon and you Digivolved it to Etemon then yeah it will take a while, especially without the EXP USB equip item.

Yeah i'm going around with 3 Sukamons and 1 Etamon in the ch3 side dungeon atm

I guess i'll get that one Etamon to digi elvove then back to the main story

Just started ch8 btw, heard the story ramps up nicely in the next one, can't wait :D

silva1991

Yes, level doesn't matter when it comes to bonus stats. ONLY ABI matters.

Much obliged <3

I grew muscles grinding lol.

I'm gonna take a very long break from JRPGS after this for a while until Persona/FF15 comes out.

Yes, mainly b/c of PlatNume's extra slot. But also, since he's a Mega, due to his greater offensive and defensive capabilities--dude's a tank!

Stuart444

Much obliged <3

I grew muscles grinding lol.

I'm gonna take a very long break from JRPGS after this for a while until Persona/FF15 comes out.

Haha, most of the games I'm playing and will be playing are JRPG related. Maybe I'll get a break by May haha. (then again, my backlog has a few JRPGs... hehehe)

Maybe I'll take a break and play the Uncharted HD collection that I got at Christmas sometime. Give me a break from constant 40+ hour JRPGs haha.

Haha, most of the games I'm playing and will be playing are JRPG related. Maybe I'll get a break by May haha. (then again, my backlog has a few JRPGs... hehehe)

Maybe I'll take a break and play the Uncharted HD collection that I got at Christmas sometime. Give me a break from constant 40+ hour JRPGs haha.
There are no breaks for me this year lol theres like a new jrpg i want every month. Not the mention the Two that i bought the same day as digimon and haven't touched yet lol.

Current team as I'm working my way through some of the end game cases. Need Greatest Challenge Case 7/8 for Omnimon Zwart and Imperialdramon PM
hsEug7g.jpg

Stuart444

Current team as I'm working my way through some of the end game cases. Need Greatest Challenge Case 7/8 for Omnimon Zwart and Imperialdramon PM
hsEug7g.jpg

I think PM isn't available until you complete the game because of where he is. (Final Chapter/end of game spoilers)
Digital World

Also Lilithmon and UlforceVeedramon. Good choice :) max out Lilithmon's int if you can (need 100 ABI to give her 100 INT via the DigiFarm) and her Phantom Pain will do so much dmg to anyone weak to Virus Type Moves. (or Vaccines infected with Bug)

NEO0MJ

De-Digivolve. See the previous page for explanatons on what ABI is and how it affects the max level. But since Pabumon is a baby, Digivolve him to Motimon and keep Digivolving til you can't Digivolve anymore and the level is maxed... then De-Digivolve to up ABI and thus up max level so you can Digivolve some more.

And it's very very quick to get their scan to 200 for baby/in-training but personally I don't usually bother and just get them at 100% scan rate.

Thanks for the info.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I'd have to say Digimon World for the PS1 was my favorite game of all time.

The only game I can do countless playthroughs on my own, as in, not being asked to from family members (Star Fox Adventures and Resident Evil 4 I've played so many times).

If this game is even HALF what the first Digimon World was (or the also very amazing Digimon World 3), I think this could get me to buy a PS4 with the money I'm getting from tax returns and selling my old truck. Yep, I miss Digimon THAT much. I love Pokemon don't get me wrong, just look at my avatar, but I need me some of that Digimon again.

Jeez, how much party memory do you have?

235 with 208 of it being used with that party. Two of those PlatNumes also have Tactician USBs so I can level a Digimon from 1 to 99 in around maybe an hour most likely less and I usually level a batch of Digimon in a big group at a time.

Stuart444

I'd have to say Digimon World for the PS1 was my favorite game of all time.

The only game I can do countless playthroughs on my own, as in, not being asked to from family members (Star Fox Adventures and Resident Evil 4 I've played so many times).

If this game is even HALF what the first Digimon World was (or the also very amazing Digimon World 3), I think this could get me to buy a PS4 with the money I'm getting from tax returns and selling my old truck. Yep, I miss Digimon THAT much. I love Pokemon don't get me wrong, just look at my avatar, but I need me some of that Digimon again.

It's more like DW3 than DW1. A standard JRPG rather than a V-Pet Simulator that the first one was. (Digimon World: Next Order which is out in Japan next month is more like DW1 while the Story series is more like DW3)

So I'd suggest it then if you liked DW3 :).

Jeez, how much party memory do you have?

If he's near the end of the game, he could easily have the Max of 255. (edit: well close enough to max :p )

Does PlatinumNumemon have a greater EXP gaining ability than PlatinumSukamon? Or are they both the same?

The Same but PlatNume is a Mega and thus stronger in battle (plus more equip slots)

Stuart444

Man, Jimiken is off his rocker.

I could do a much better translation, Bamco! You know where to contact me :)

Well they are on the internet and considering the kind of nutso this guy is, it fits to me :p.

Still I hated the guy in both the JP and this version. He's so annoying >_<. But I guess he's meant to be so whatever.

So why is everyone using Platinumshitmon again?

Experience that stacks, Character Reversal for Bug status effect (reverses strengths and weaknesses) and because they are absolute TANKS with their defense.

JCX

Just bumped up the battle difficulty since I could auto through most fights. Now I'm stuck on a chapter 3 boss, but I appreciate the challenge.

Dont be so cold man lolz lmao, just rock with the music man you feel me lolz you picking up what im putting down.

You're pretty good, heh.

Well they are on the internet and considering the kind of nutso this guy is, it fits to me :p.

Still I hated the guy in both the JP and this version. He's so annoying >_<. But I guess he's meant to be so whatever.
I get that he meant to be annoying, but the localization really upped it compared to teh JP version :<

So painful to read it!

Stuart444

You're pretty good, heh.

I get that he meant to be annoying, but the localization really upped it compared to teh JP version :<

So painful to read it!

Haha, I know I know. It's painful to listen to as well. :p

Speaking of, it not being dubbed might be a blessing in disguise when it comes to him :p

Top Bottom