• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Bogeypop

Just got to the infamous Chapter 8 boss on Hard Mode... Even after grinding a lot I feel I won't be able to beat him without a trio of Digimon that can do fixed damage... I guess it's back to grinding. Actually scratch that I might just drop the difficulty to Normal only for this fight. Even when I start doing decent damage against him he just one-shots my Stingmon and heals most of the damage I do or worse he attacks the guest Digimon and heals way more damage then I put out.

Lexxism

Which personality is for speed? Nimble?

Lively is for SP right? And is defender for HP?
Fighter= ATK
Defender=DEF
Brainy= INT
Nimble= SPD
Durable= HP
Lively= SP
Builder= better at making items in farm (all stats rise)
Searcher= better at investigation in farm (all stats rise)

edit: What level will PlatinumSukanom will learn the Character reverse? never mind. It's 25.

Ken

The game finally clicked?

Mmm, the digimon grind and going for TV show favorites yeah. I've kind of stopped caring about the story and dialogue though cause that's where I get kind of bored and disinterested. Still only chapter 7 though with 17 hours lol.

I think what grabbed me in Persona 4 was the story and not the persona grind, but here it's the reverse lol.

Xenoflare

How do I get Leomon,

The digimon wiki told me that I can go Tsunomon-Elecmon then Leomon but I don think Elecmon is a possible evolution choice here in this game

Mmm, the digimon grind and going for TV show favorites yeah. I've kind of stopped caring about the story and dialogue though cause that's where I get kind of bored and disinterested. Still only chapter 7 though with 17 hours lol.

The story gets more interesting in later chapters. I was in the same boat of not really caring about it but things started to pick up. The gameplay loop of Digivolving, DeDigivolving and ReDigivolving is the thing that is keeping me invested the most, though.

Ken

The story gets more interesting in later chapters. I was in the same boat of not really caring about it but things started to pick up. The gameplay loop of Digivolving, DeDigivolving and ReDigivolving is the thing that is keeping me invested the most, though.

Yeah I hear ch10 is where stuff happens but still feels like a ways off.

What is the max party memory? I'm on chapter 7 and I haven't found a memory upgrade in what seems like ages

I'm at 65 cap iirc.

I'm really confused, I'm trying to Digivolve my GeoGreymon and it says the only thing he's missing for this Digivolution is an attack stat of 120... but his attack is 122...
What's going on here?

MongKey

How do I get Leomon,

The digimon wiki told me that I can go Tsunomon-Elecmon then Leomon but I don think Elecmon is a possible evolution choice here in this game
Elecmon, Gaomon and Gazimon can evolve to Leomon.

Check this guide out. Just pick the digimon you want and check its devolution or evolution.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/faqs/71778?page=10#section703

I'm really confused, I'm trying to Digivolve my GeoGreymon and it says the only thing he's missing for this Digivolution is an attack stat of 120... but his attack is 122...
What's going on here?
Do you have him equipped with any ATK boosting equipment? The game only count the digimon's base stats.

What's going on here?

Are you using attacking boosting equips by any chance? Because those do not fulfill requirements.

Ken

What's going on here?

Do you have an attack mod on him? Those don't count I think.

What is the max party memory? I'm on chapter 7 and I haven't found a memory upgrade in what seems like ages

I'm at 170 in Chapter 17, and I'm pretty sure it will get higher. I actually thought there was a really steady supply of Memory Ups thus far, so hopefully you should be able to increase yours soon.

T.O.P

Banned
If it matters to you, the "canon" (ie the digivolution path used in the anime) is: Kudamon -> Reppamon -> Chirinmon -> Kentaurosmon

Yeah went with that one, had to de-digievolve 3 freakin times because i needed 40+ ABI for the last form

And i really didn't gave much thought about ABI until today, spent the entire afternoon rerranging a lot of monsters

So many people has a team of lv 99s... Did you guys not sleep?? The game isn't even a week old.

My game should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Breads

Banned
So many people has a team of lv 99s... Did you guys not sleep?? The game isn't even a week old.

Leveling is incredibly easy and it's easy because raising ABI/ Max levels involves de-digivolving and digivolving again. Also the farther in the game you are the faster you level.

Took me 3-4 hours to get early mons to level 20. Now, 8 hours in, it takes 1 fight to get from lvl 1 to lvl 10. And I'm still really early in the game. High level Platinum mons can easily power level real teams that are benched and I suspect that's what most people are doing.

Bogeypop

3 PlatinumNumemons each with 3 Tactician USBs can get you over 40 times the EXP you normally would get.

RexNovis

Banned
Yeah I hear ch10 is where stuff happens but still feels like a ways off.

I'm at 65 cap iirc.

I'm at 170 in Chapter 17, and I'm pretty sure it will get higher. I actually thought there was a really steady supply of Memory Ups thus far, so hopefully you should be able to increase yours soon.

I certainly hope so. I've been stuck at 55 for 2 chapters. Hopefully I didnt miss any...

Stuart444

I certainly hope so. I've been stuck at 55 for 2 chapters. Hopefully I didnt miss any...

See above for a list if you're worried about missing any :) Also check your inventory incase you missed yourself getting some. Sometimes I miss when I get some lol.

Anyway...

CapZpLuXIAAb63x.jpg:orig

Imagine Myotismon of all Digimon... sunbathing... looool.

Xenoflare

It's okay to have searchers or builders as party digimons right? I just realized those two types are almost all of my mons :/

Syntsui

It's okay to have searchers or builders as party digimons right? I just realized those two types are almost all of my mons :/
They will be severely crippled in terms of maximum stats, but it doesn't matter because you can finish the game with no sweat anyway.

It really doesn't matter what the personality is if they're not on the farm training
Of course it matters, it affects their growth and maximum possible stats.

They will be severely crippled in terms of maximum stats, but it doesn't matter because you can finish the game with no sweat anyway.

Of course it matters, it affects their growth and maximum possible stats.

It does? I thought it only affected bonus stat growth, which only happens when you train

That's exactly why it matters. These bonus stats make a huge difference when you level up them.

Bonus stats have nothing to do with your level though.

I looked it up and they actually do have a very slight affect on stats beyond bonus stats, but it's reversible by changing the personality with a patch, and it's pretty small, even at max levels

Stuart444

That's exactly why it matters. These bonus stats make a huge difference when you level up them.

Leader personality will still give them the stats they need. Those 2 (Searcher and builder) doesn't give any stats but they just need to be in the farm with a leader with the personality for the stat you want.

And thus they get their bonus stats.

Syntsui

Bonus stats have nothing to do with your level though.

I looked it up and they actually do have a very slight affect on stats beyond bonus stats, but it's reversible by changing the personality with a patch, and it's pretty small, even at max levels
I'm stacking up 70+ bonus stats right and I'm noticing a considerable return in terms of damage. It's specially good if you stack speed (I'm theory, in focusing on Atk and Int right now)

Hey guys...umm, so...I've never played a Digimon game, or have any real familiarity with the series. It's not that I dislike it by any means, I just never really had any exposure to it, except for maybe the theme song from the show when I was younger.

Is this game someone new to the franchise could jump into any enjoy?

Leader personality will still give them the stats they need. Those 2 (Searcher and builder) doesn't give any stats but they just need to be in the farm with a leader with the personality for the stat you want.

And thus they get their bonus stats.

Yep. And my point was that until you put them in the farm, they won't get bonus stats anyways, so it doesn't matter WHILE THEY'RE IN YOUR PARTY. In other words, if you want to train bonus stats in the farm later, you can just use a patch then

Trace

Banned
Hey guys...umm, so...I've never played a Digimon game, or have any real familiarity with the series. It's not that I dislike it by any means, I just never really had any exposure to it, except for maybe the theme song from the show when I was younger.

As someone that hasn't watched it since the first anime when I was like 10, yes. It's easy to jump into.

Syntsui

Yup, it's pretty simple and fun. It doesn't really matter if you never played a Digimon game.

Foshy

Definitely. I remember seeing a few episodes back in the day but never had massive nostalgia for the series and I'm reaaaaaally enjoying the game now. Put in 20 hours in 3 days.

I'm stacking up 70+ bonus stats right and I'm noticing a considerable return in terms of damage. It's specially good if you stack speed (I'm theory, in focusing on Atk and Int right now)

I'm not talking about bonus stats (the ones in parenthesis, I'm talking about main stats get a tiny boost. I'm aware of how bonus stats work, but there's no way to get bonus stats for a digimon currently in your party. You need them in the farm to gain bonus stats. So while you keep them in your party, personality is largely irrelevant

AyanFaust

Banned
Just did the doll quest.
Man that got dark quickly!
it was one of the more interesting quests though as a result. Does the quest continue later?

Syntsui

Yep. And my point was that until you put them in the farm, they won't get bonus stats anyways, so it doesn't matter WHILE THEY'RE IN YOUR PARTY. In other words, if you want to train bonus stats in the farm later, you can just use a patch then
Yeah, this is true. By the way, will any of the npcs sell the patches later? I'm on chapter 7.

RexNovis

Banned
For anyone wondering apparently the max party memory is 255 provided you dont miss any of the side quests or chests that give them.

having 55 at chapter 7 it appears I may have missed one or two already :(
Wish there was a way to go back to the areas that have them but those dungeons are no longer available

Top Bottom