• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Stuart444

It really is! I'm so glad it wasn't dubbed with this quality of editing/translation! :)

Still better than the SAO: HF asian-loc that we got :p.

If this sold well enough, it might be a SAO Lost Song situation where the next game (Next Order if we get it) gets a bigger budget and thus a better translation and better editing.

Well that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
It's more like DW3 than DW1. A standard JRPG rather than a V-Pet Simulator that the first one was. (Digimon World: Next Order which is out in Japan next month is more like DW1 while the Story series is more like DW3)

So I'd suggest it then if you liked DW3 :).

If he's near the end of the game, he could easily have the Max of 255. (edit: well close enough to max :p )

The Same but PlatNume is a Mega and thus stronger in battle (plus more equip slots)

I really did like Digimon World 3 as well. I seen what this game has to offer and I do like turn based RPGs as well, and so far I'm loving everything this game is showing me. Even the idea of your active Digimon following you in the world makes me fall in love with it, as it's a throwback to DW3 and DWDS. Little things like that gets me going with nostalgia I had for the older Digimon games.

If this sold well enough, it might be a SAO Lost Song situation where the next game (Next Order if we get it) gets a bigger budget and thus a better translation and better editing.

Wonder if they'll do a ps4 port again or if they'll just send next order this way as is.

Stuart444

On the localization side, at times it feels rather uhh... literal while other times it feels like they take liberties and try to put some spice into the translation.

It does end up feeling a bit like a jumbled mess at times. That said it is still understandable for the most part and I'm enjoying the translation but there are things that stick out to me.

And the story itself is pretty fun, especially in the latter half of the game so it's not too much of a bother.

Wonder if they'll do a ps4 port again or if they'll just send next order this way as is.

1000% sure we'll get a PS4 port if it comes over. I can confidently say that.

Eh, think I'm done with this game. It's an alright RPG but I have no strong feelings for the Digimon brand and the RPG end isn't holding up. The dungeons are...bad. Zero variety in design and visuals and just not fun to crawl around in, coupled with CONSTANT interruptions in the gameplay. It also reminds me of SMT Soul Hackers, which is a better game that I never beat so I might just go play that.

On the localization side, at times it feels rather uhh... literal while other times it feels like they take liberties and try to put some spice into the translation.

It does end up feeling a bit like a jumbled mess at times. That said it is still understandable for the most part and I'm enjoying the translation but there are things that stick out to me.

And the story itself is pretty fun, especially in the latter half of the game so it's not too much of a bother.

Sweet! I think it will make it over.

Btw im on chapter 5 how long I've got?

I hope you're right! I really want this series to do well.

I can understand better from the JP voices, so it hasn't been AS much of an issue and has aided me to "automatically" correct the translation.

And yeah, a PS4 port is a guarantee if the next one comes over.

L95

One little nitpick, I kinda wish your digimon followers had walking SFX, Machinedramon following me around is noticeably quiet lok

Stuart444

Ok, but only for de-digivolving, right? Are there any bonuses for digivolving at the level cap? From my understanding it's not important to wait for it.

I don't know, I usually don't wait for the cap before Digivolving. I wait til I have the stats right (unless the stat is ABI related of course and even more if it's DNA evolution) and then Digivolve.

Croc

Banned
Is there a list somewhere of what leader types raise what stats? I want to be able to just do this stuff without asking every time. I'm wanting to raise INT this time on Tokomon (for Lucemon). I'm assuming it's brainy but I don't wanna have to lower stats again if I get it wrong lol

Stuart444

The Chinese sub used Kowloon as well. I wonder if that was always the intentional name?

It's weird since &#12463;&#12540;&#12525;&#12531; = coulomb and everywhere I looked it up, nothing said anything different. Also Coulomb seems to have something to do with electrical charges but I admit the wikipedia entry was too complicated for me >_<.

While Kowloon seems to be an area in Hong Kong according to google.

First one seems more apt for this game than Kowloon.

sensui-tomo

Just got the digimon which is the source of the crisis of digimon world 1
MUGENDRAMON
... a shame Jijimon isnt in this game.

Just got the digimon which is the source of the crisis of digimon world 1
MUGENDRAMON
... a shame Jijimon isnt in this game.

Probably the main reason i bought the game was to get him. It's why I started with the least popular starter. I always thought he was the coolest looking thing even back in 01.

Syntsui

Are you guys evolving your Platinum Sukamon into Platinum Numemon? It has an extra slot. You you get 3 of them with 3 tactician USB you can pretty much go from 0 to 99 in 10 minutes.

It makes all the pain in getting those ridiculous Digimon with high ABI go away.

In less than a hour you can get a Lucemon/Imperialdramon/Omegamon if you use the foods to up the CAM.

kierwynn

When is the next time you get a semi decent grinding area? (after the chp 4 dungeon) If I put off actually completing the quest, how long do I have to complete it? I've been grinding all day and I'd like to do some more at some point but my party memory can't really handle it right now. lol

It's weird since &#12463;&#12540;&#12525;&#12531; = coulomb and everywhere I looked it up, nothing said anything different. Also Coulomb seems to have something to do with electrical charges but I admit the wikipedia entry was too complicated for me >_<.

While Kowloon seems to be an area in Hong Kong according to google.

First one seems more apt for this game than Kowloon.

Yeah, Coulomb sounds more appropriate. Maybe the English folks just took the mistake in the Chinese translation as correct.

Stuart444

When is the next time you get a semi decent grinding area? (after the chp 4 dungeon) If I put off actually completing the quest, how long do I have to complete it? I've been grinding all day and I'd like to do some more at some point but my party memory can't really handle it right now. lol

Once started, you have to beat it before continuing with the story. Only one request can be active at a time.

Next Decent grind won't be for a while.

kierwynn

Once started, you have to beat it before continuing with the story. Only one request can be active at a time.

Next Decent grind won't be for a while.

Oh, I thought you could put it off and start another one. oop okay then lol I guess I can stop for now and actually play the game. Thanks!

Stuart444

Oh, I thought you could put it off and start another one. oop okay then lol I guess I can stop for now and actually play the game. Thanks!

Np!

I thought you'd be able to take another one as well (though I never bothered to try before) but someone confirmed earlier that you couldn't take more than one request on at a time. So welp :(.

lol
2016-02-07-2043531rotf.jpg

I don't know, I usually don't wait for the cap before Digivolving. I wait til I have the stats right (unless the stat is ABI related of course and even more if it's DNA evolution) and then Digivolve.

Thanks. But to be honest, I'm still confused. I'm at chapter 2 at the moment a have 4 rookies in my team with the level 15-17. They all can digivolve to the next level, but I'm already one hitting everything allready, so digivolve them seems like overkill. My digifarm is full with other rookies in the same range of levels. Should I max my battle team or is this a waste of time?

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished chapter 10. That was
Crusadermon on screen for a split second
, wasn't it?

Why doesnt Nokia have to wait until chpater 19 to get Omegamon? She's not even the protagonist! Life is so unfair.

IbukiLordSA

Got my team done, well for now at least. Does anyone know where to buy Vigor Mushrooms from? I want to digivolve infernmon but I did some calculations and when I get to the level I need him at to digivolve I am still going to be out by 500hp, that just seems crazy to me. Why is this guy so damn hard to get, it's a huge grind.

izwg5pM.jpg

ZISQN1f.jpg

Got my team done, well for now at least. Does anyone know where to buy Vigor Mushrooms from? I want to digivolve infernmon but I did some calculations and when I get to the level I need him at to digivolve I am still going to be out by 500hp, that just seems crazy to me. Why is this guy so damn hard to get, it's a huge grind.

izwg5pM.jpg

ZISQN1f.jpg
Digimon harem-starring blackwargreymon.

Ken

]

Have you tried going Stingmon > Infermon? I made a Stingmon for something else so without really focusing on Infermon I was still able to unlock his path.

Hikami

Tried the online battles and meh.. There's no point in doing them right now since I always got matched up against people with ridiculous teams that can only be achieved in later chapters.

In chapter 4 and just realized I can digivolve Digimon who's evolved form I haven't scanned yet....

Also, while the OST is good, the lack of background music on the Vita is disappointing. Does the PS4 version look suffer from as much aliasing as the PSTV? Because how bad the game looks on my PSTV, I much prefer playing on the Vita's smaller screen which hides most of the aliasing.

Didn't really have any issues with Infermon myself. Just grabbed the wild Keramon I saw and pretty much went straight down the line from that. Gonna be a long time before I can get my glorious Diaboromon though. Aiming for a team of Diaboromon, Machinedramon and either Blackwargreymon or Imperialdramon until I can get Alphamon (assuming I can).

MongKey

Np!

I thought you'd be able to take another one as well (though I never bothered to try before) but someone confirmed earlier that you couldn't take more than one request on at a time. So welp :(.
Actually you could suspend the current quest thus allowing you to do other quests. Just highlight the current quest and it will ask if you want to suspend. The game will stamp suspend on top of the suspended quest which you can retake again later.

Don't know if any incomplete side quest will be gone after a while or if it will interrupt future side quests availability though. I tried to do it with the Hagurumon dungeon but I was afraid it might affect future side quest availability so I just finished it lol.

Which personality is for speed? Nimble?

Lively is for SP right? And is defender for HP?
Here's the personality breakdown:
Durable = HP
Lively = SP
Fighter = ATK
Defender = DEF
Brainy = INT
Nimble = SPD

Best evolution path for Reppamon? god so many new Digimon, i only ever watched the first two season lol

I don't know if it's the best path, but if you're interested in a good healing Digimon, maybe go Reppamon > Piximon > MarineAngemon? I'm using one and it's fantastic, especially if you digivolve Piximon to Ophanimon first and grab Perfect Revival. I'm still playing through the game so I don't know if having a healer is neccesary later on, but I've definitely enjoyed mine up until now.

Top Bottom