• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Stuart444

For anyone wondering apparently the max party memory is 255 provided you dont miss any of the side quests or chests that give them.

having 55 at chapter 7 it appears I may have missed one or two already :(
Wish there was a way to go back to the areas that have them but those dungeons are no longer available

Access the Mirror Dungeon via the DigiLab. The dungeons you complete end up unlocked there once there is no more story/side quests to do in them.

Dugna

latest

I gots my first mega of the game :D

I actually really like Gaomons digivolution line

Stuart444

Yeah pretty easy Mega but I still love em

Same :) I am aiming for all the Savers Megas though.

Just de-digivolved both Mach and Rize to Champion form so they now have the right ABI. Lilamon and Yatagaramon (Crowmon, I'm just used to saying Yatagara) have the right ABI and just need the stats now.

:D

So let me get this straight; [Endgame spoilers]
The plan to save both worlds involves changing the present to change the past so that it changes the future? Digital worlds are weird.
Anyone know if
entering the Digital World and starting chapter 20
is the point of no return? Is it possible to go back and do all the extra cases that popped up after beating the game?

So far, got my Black Weregarurumon. Now leveling my Greymon to lvl 30 to get Black Metal Greymon. Then I'll have three ultimates. :D But I really need to get Angemon to level 30 to get MagnaAngemon and Gatomon to Angewomon.

Is there anyway to have my Digimon level up faster in the Digifarm?

L95

So let me get this straight; [Endgame spoilers]
The plan to save both worlds involves changing the present to change the past so that it changes the future? Digital worlds are weird.
Anyone know if
entering the Digital World and starting chapter 20
is the point of no return? Is it possible to go back and do all the extra cases that popped up after beating the game?

Entering
the digital world is not a point of no return, you can talk to Sueda in the DW to go back to Tokyo

sensui-tomo

is it me or is wargreymon/blackwargreymon really OP with that 40sp ability that goes through defense? (assuming both have this)

Stuart444

Sorry if i missed this on previous pages, but how do i get more Digifarms? Im in chapter 7 and i still only have 1 :/

You get upgrades as you go through the story, get chests and complete side quests.

You may have some and not know, try going to the farm and see if the Add Island option is available?

I just got to Chapter 8 and I had a backlog of farm upgrades + a new farm. I totally forgot to upgrade until then haha.

grimmiq

Wow, Lilithmon is stupidly powerful. Guessing that before I can get the final evolution for my other 2 I need to progress more or do more side quests, 1 requires a dimensional gate to be opened and the other is complete case #4..whatever that is.

Guess I'll keep Lilithmon, RustTyranomon and a PlatSukamon til then.

Stuart444

Wow, Lilithmon is stupidly powerful. Guessing that before I can get the final evolution for my other 2 I need to progress more or do more side quests, 1 requires a dimensional gate to be opened and the other is complete case #4..whatever that is.

Guess I'll keep Lilithmon, RustTyranomon and a PlatSukamon til then.

She's powerful but also pretty much a Glass Cannon. Keep a lot of Revive items on hand just incase.

Also if you get the chance, if her ABI is high, train her to max INT. (if you care, you can get 100 bonus int if you have 100 ABI).

Then use her on anything that is a Data type or any Vaccine type that can be affected by Bug (via Character Reversal)

She utterly destroys those. Vaccines that can't be 'bugged' and Virus/Free types, not so much. (though she still does a nice amount of dmg but can easily be destroyed)

Breads

Banned
Leveling is incredibly easy and it's easy because raising ABI/ Max levels involves de-digivolving and digivolving again. Also the farther in the game you are the faster you level.

Took me 3-4 hours to get early mons to level 20. Now, 8 hours in, it takes 1 fight to get from lvl 1 to lvl 10. And I'm still really early in the game. High level Platinum mons can easily power level real teams that are benched and I suspect that's what most people are doing.

2 more hours in. Now I got from lvl 1 to 29 in a single fight. Not even done USB farming yet. Holy shit the exp buffs are insane in this game.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's it. I think this game warrants a new console purchase. Should get my tax returns or have my truck sold this week (those two things combining with me getting paid, I'll have nearly 4 grand to spare, it'll feel surreal after living hand to mouth for a while now).

I'm loving the huge number of options the game gives you. Quick question, or rather a couple of questions. I imagine this game gives you a choice of starter Digimon? I seen Agumon and Gabumon being promoted pretty frequently and I think the guide mentioned Terriermon, Palmon, and another gear-shaped one who's name I can't remember right now. Are those last three the only ones the game gives to you? Ideally I'd get Agumon on my team as soon as I could. Him or Guilemon, possibly both.

Also, I've been looking around and I can't seem to find a concrete answer on this and it might feel like a stupid question, but the NA version is dubbed, right? Not subbed? Regardless of the quality of the dubbing, I think I'd enjoy that more than its original Japanese VAs and having to read subtitles.

silva1991

Lucemon is rookie yet she/he? has the power of ultimate digimons if not better

also she is the first one in my game to have a good team healing spell(x-aura i think)

so grinding tokomon was worth it!!!

Dugna

Well, that's it. I think this game warrants a new console purchase. Should get my tax returns or have my truck sold this week (those two things combining with me getting paid, I'll have nearly 4 grand to spare, it'll feel surreal after living hand to mouth for a while now).

I'm loving the huge number of options the game gives you. Quick question, or rather a couple of questions. I imagine this game gives you a choice of starter Digimon? I seen Agumon and Gabumon being promoted pretty frequently and I think the guide mentioned Terriermon, Palmon, and another gear-shaped one who's name I can't remember right now. Are those last three the only ones the game gives to you? Ideally I'd get Agumon on my team as soon as I could. Him or Guilemon, possibly both.

Also, I've been looking around and I can't seem to find a concrete answer on this and it might feel like a stupid question, but the NA version is dubbed, right? Not subbed? Regardless of the quality of the dubbing, I think I'd enjoy that more than its original Japanese VAs and having to read subtitles.

Terriermon, Palmon and Hargurumon are the starters, but you can get Agumon and Gabumon very quick afterwords.

Stuart444

1. Terriermon, Palmon and Hagurumon. You can get the other 2 very easy and quickly. Botamon, Punimon, Poyomon, Pabumon (4 of the baby Digimon) are all available near the start and evolves into all 3 of the starters eventually. If you want Agumon ASAP then Botamon -> Koromon.

2. Subbed only I'm afraid, it's a cheap localization made due to fan petition. But you can see here, the reception is more positive than not regardless of it not being dubbed. If it's not a deal breaker than you should have plenty of fun with this I hope :)

1. Terriermon, Palmon and Hagurumon. You can get the other 2 very easy and quickly. Botamon, Punimon, Poyomon, Pabumon (4 of the baby Digimon) are all available near the start and evolves into all 3 of the starters eventually. If you want Agumon ASAP then Botamon -> Koromon.

2. Dubbed only I'm afraid, it's a cheap localization made due to fan petition. But you can see here, the reception is more positive than not regardless of it not being dubbed. If it's not a deal breaker than you should have plenty of fun with this I hope :)

you mean subbed only

grimmiq

She's powerful but also pretty much a Glass Cannon. Keep a lot of Revive items on hand just incase.

Also if you get the chance, if her ABI is high, train her to max INT. (if you care, you can get 100 bonus int if you have 100 ABI).

Then use her on anything that is a Data type or any Vaccine type that can be affected by Bug (via Character Reversal)

She utterly destroys those. Vaccines that can't be 'bugged' and Virus/Free types, not so much. (though she still does a nice amount of dmg but can easily be destroyed)

Yeah got the 3 I plan to use as my main team to 100ABI already...I swear I didn't initially mean to make a Harem...but it looks like my big 3 will be Lilithmon, Crusadermon and Mastemon.

I know we really haven't had many of the hard hitters so far this year. But this is my early runner for GoTY. And I'm not even a Digimon fan lol. This game tho has definitely made me do a double take on the franchise.

Glad I gave it a chance.

grimmiq

I know we really haven't had many of the hard hitters so far this year. But this is my early runner for GoTY. And I'm not even a Digimon fan lol. This game tho has definitely made me do a double take on the franchise.

Glad I gave it a chance.

This is making the wait for Persona 5 a whole lot easier. Been playing through Zestiria for the last couple of weeks, slowly as I needed a bit of a JRPG fix, 2 days after buying Digimon Story I have more hours in it than Zestiria..

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member

2. Subbed only I'm afraid, it's a cheap localization made due to fan petition. But you can see here, the reception is more positive than not regardless of it not being dubbed. If it's not a deal breaker than you should have plenty of fun with this I hope :)

Thanks for that.

I was afraid of it being subbed only. Oh well. I think that's going to be a big drawback for me, still, the game looks amazing.

Stuart444

Glad I gave it a chance.

Glad you like it. There has been plenty of good reception to this game. I'm actually quite surprised since almost every thread made on Cyber Sleuth had 2 pages at the most (apart from that last one) and died pretty quickly.

So to hear about plenty of people playing the game, trying it out and enjoying it makes me happy and I just HOPE that translates to sales so we get a decent budget localization of Next Order.

We'll see though.

Dugna

My only real complaint about this game that other RPG have included recently is the auto text option.....this game doesn't have it from what I've seen....and man does this game have lots of text heavy spots.

Top Bottom