• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Exclusive - The Last Of Us Part 2 - PS5 Pro PSSR Upgrades Tested

Luipadre

ZzZz

It already looked great. Fucking sony man... Show us games that looked like dogshit in 60 fps modes. Like Alan Wake 2 or even the new SW outlaws game or jedi survivor or show us what the boost mode can do to unpatched games like elden ring or FF16 etc. They decide to show THIS instead

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I played this in the 40 fps mode that felt like 60 fps at times in smaller areas with VRR on. I will be interested in seeing the jump this mode gets in boost mode. No need for PSSR.

REDRZA MWS

ZzZz

It already looked great. Fucking sony man... Show us games that looked like dogshit in 60 fps modes. Like Alan Wake 2 or even the new SW outlaws game or jedi survivor or show us what the boost mode can do to unpatched games like elden ring or FF16 etc. They decide to show THIS instead
It’s because the “upgrade” will be barely noticeable to gamers on their displays. Just like the last pro consoles. At least last gen we had a real movement toward 4k, so it made sense.

All this “pro” shit is, is for Sony and or MS to extend current generations. Yet nowadays it’s pointless because they’ve gone mini pc AMD SoC. So basically the ps6 and next Xbox are gonna be “pro” versions. Keep backward compatibility, etc etc etc.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They asked ChatGPT.

Golden Globes Laughing GIF

cormack12

Gold Member
That Ollie is actually quite decent. I like his comparison and his voice only makes me want to remove one ear.

Was interesting to see from the clips how he thought it *would appear to* outperform DLSS

Last edited:

Anchovie123

Why is Sony pushing this game so much in Pro advertisements?? Literally all ND did was implement PSSR and called it a day. Literally the bare minimum. They didnt even bother to swap out the performance graphics preset on the Pro mode. Nor are they showing the FPS in the unlocked VRR mode witch would be far more interesting then IQ comparisons.

My brother I don't usually comment on things like this but you sir are hilarious. I too wish we all could have stopped there, lol.
I really did quit there. I didn't know much about the spoilers when I played it, but that damn line upset me so much. The old dude was apologizing for being a dick by giving her the most important thing in a post-apocalyptic world... food, and she just didn't give a shit. The complete lack of willingness to forgive is such a damning character trait for a hero.

Massive differences, and that's one of the "least upgraded games."

E3vegi9.jpeg
That's what happens when you have a game as detailed as this one. These models and these games have such a great attention to detail

Also...just watched the video. The game looks better at 60fps on the Pro than on Fidelity mode on a standard PS5.

People saying the PS5 Pro is worse than a PS4 Pro are looking like idiots right now. Not only are we witnessing 30 to 60 fps jumps, we're also witnessing considerable better visuals as well.

saintjules

Gold Member
Based on the comparisons and the blurry perf mode on the base PS5, it's like you being far sighted and you put your glasses on.

Then again these are really zoomed in, so not sure if it makes me feel like doing another playthrough...Maybe?

Kombucha Are You Sure GIF

Top Bottom