• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Exclusive - The Last Of Us Part 2 - PS5 Pro PSSR Upgrades Tested

Senua

Gold Member
cant side with sony on this one. they purposely screw up the faceplates compatibility so they can sell more.
First time I've ever seen this. You're dismissed soldier

dismissed-lamont-thompson.gif

This universe, let me put some more context, since you're nitpicking the part you want:

"We kept the look of the PS5 Pro consistent with the overall PS5 family of products. You’ll notice the height is the same size as the original PS5, and the width is the same size as the current PS5 model to accommodate higher performance specs. Players can add an Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive, or swap out console covers when they become available."

So why would they say the width is the same? Put disc drive and covers on the same sentence when the drive is compatible? Couldn't they just straight up say the covers ARE NOT compatible?

then they follow with this pic, showing IDENTICAL plates

a53e4f9390533d7070704a70a9940df8cc329e6d.jpg

"PS5 Pro fits perfectly within the PS5 family of products and is compatible with the PS5 accessories currently available, including PlayStation VR2, PlayStation Portal, DualSense Edge, Access controller, Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore. The user interface and network services will also remain the same as PS5."

Reinforcing the idea that acessories are interchangeable.

There's a reason everyone was basically sure plates were compatible and are now surprised it might not the case, you're not smart because only you in the whole world knew this was the situation since blog post, it was just awful communication from Sony's side if not purposely deceiving to avoid initial backlash.

Accessories as in USB/BT accessories. Those have nothing to do with the physical dimensions of the console

When talking about the plates they SPECIFICALLY said the PS5 Pro plates are NOT available yet

Can't be much clearer than that

Then Amazon Japan posted the official chart I posted above

What more do you need??

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
ZzZz

It already looked great. Fucking sony man... Show us games that looked like dogshit in 60 fps modes. Like Alan Wake 2 or even the new SW outlaws game or jedi survivor or show us what the boost mode can do to unpatched games like elden ring or FF16 etc. They decide to show THIS instead

Who do you think is doing these upgrades? Do you think they just pull a random dev out of a hat and say, "Here's a few terabytes of code and assets, go make it better..." ?

No, of course they don't; they go to the original dev and ask them if they have the spare manpower to turn around the version update in a reasonable time.

Sorry, so tired of the thoughtlessness of these complaints. Its so obvious.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Accessories as in USB/BT accessories. Those have nothing to do with the physical dimensions of the console

When talking about the plates they SPECIFICALLY say the PS5 Pro plates are NOT available yet

Can't be much clearer than that

Then Amazon Japan posted the official chart I posted above

What more do you need??

"Accessories as in USB/BT accessories. Those have nothing to do with the physical dimensions of the console"

Well, let's see what they said again.

"PS5 Pro fits perfectly within the PS5 family of products and is compatible with the PS5 accessories currently available"

Your description is irrelevant and different from what they said, "is compatible with the PS5 acessories currently available", period.

"When talking about the plates they SPECIFICALLY say the PS5 Pro plates are NOT available yet"

No they did not, you're again making up shit they didn't say, in the very least they left room for other interpretations, "swap out console covers when they become available" isn't 100% interchangeable with "current slim covers are incompatible": it can mean stock availability, it can mean new colors made for the Pro, improve your reading comprehension. The rest of the post just makes even harder to conclude the Pro plates are not interchangeable with slim ones.

"Then Amazon Japan posted the official chart I posted above" When was the chart posted?

Why only Japan? When did they post it? Why not on the official blog post? Answer each one of these questions.

Or maybe just stop posting about the matter, you're embarrasing yourself.

brenobnfm

You can't even read and I'm embarassing myself??

LOL

Here, read again, I'm making the picture bigger this time

712-BCk-Xp4g-L-AC-SL1500-1.jpg

Of course you ignored everything i said and just reposted the pic like it means anything :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But congratulations for having an IQ so high. You were in the select group of 3 people that apparently knew from the blog post alone, that the plates were not compatible.

FrankWza

They will fit. They are literally the same thing. The only reason the Pro is bigger has nothin to do with its sides, but rather its height and thickness. And both are due to things that have got nothing to do with the plates.

Sony is not going to sell the disc drive add-on for the PS5pro, Which uses the PS5 base plates, and then 3 different plates for the rest of the console, or sell 4 entirely different plates just for the Pro. That would be extremely stupid on their part.
I get the logic but I was just going by the side by side. Its not the end of the world either way. I just don't care for the glossy finish on the slim but at this point I have almost the full line of accessories and they're all the same color. They won't sell out like the disc drive for those that want to swap out. I'm more concerned with external heatsink compatibility from slim to pro because I can order one and I know my launch model heatsink won't fit

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
I think Microsoft should have created a really gaming os and pc a long time ago. Remove everything not necessary for gaming. Let control it through a gamepad, no more windows menus etc.

I think this is how the next hybrid Xbox is going to look like.
The whole point of PC gaming is complexity, no? Use whatever controller you want, change graphics settings, mod games. If I just wanted to double click exe and play game I'd buy a PS5.

Killer8

Middle one is the worst, but left and right already take me some seconds. I don't think i could recognize any difference when in motion and without direct comparison, which usually is the case while playing.

The most evident thing in motion is that the left image will be 60fps.

Top Bottom