• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Anung

Un Rama
Mission 7 Spoilers (and Titanfall 2 spoilers so beware)
Wow! I can't believe we get not one but two amazing time altering levels in one year. God I wish we had a new Singularity game or something.

Just finished my low chaos playthrough as Emily. Knocked people unconscious throughout and got maybe 5 actual fatalities mostly by accident.Immediately started a high chaos playthrough with Corvo.

34 fatalities in mission 1. The kill animations are so satisfying

d00d3n

On the second visit to the boat, there is a small side mission to use a crank to stop a leak. The mission is easy enough, but there are two cranks hidden on the boat. What do I use the other one for? Or did they just place two cranks on the boat to make the quest easier?

Just read that you can't do Eliminations and Stealth chapter to chapter so I guess that one time I was discovered without realizing it (apparently) in Chapter 2 is here forever. Sucks to have made it to Chapter 6th and just realized now.

Alienfan

Is no one else experiencing input lag? I can't believe no one seems to be talking about it :L Maybe something on my end, I don't have the 9gb day one patch yet (Xbox one)

Man, some of these guards. I knocked out this one guy then used the heart on him. It said he had a letter sent to his family saying he died in the line of duty so he could keep all of his wages. Yeah, I cut him in half while he was sleeping. :)

nynt9

This is a pretty awesome game. Just like the first.

Does Corvo play much differently?

EDIT: The only real issue I've had was in the hospital, where I played for about 20-30 minutes without an auto-save and then died. I had to redo that.

Corvo plays almost identically to how he did in the first game, with some extra purchaseable ability modifiers that are new, like the Daud-blink

Man, some of these guards. I knocked out this one guy then used the heart on him. It said he had a letter sent to his family saying he died in the line of duty so he could keep all of his wages. Yeah, I cut him in half while he was sleeping. :)

Wow, it says something unique per person?

that's detail..

Satch

Banned

the heart wants what the heart wants

Well shoot, I wanted to pick this up after liking the first one and needing something single player to hold me over until FFXV comes out, but the complaints about horrendous controls are going to keep me away from this one. How is it this gets passed over in the reviews?

Jharp

32E1CF57DD1B3DCCD309C6C9CB22CE8BDA614D3C

Why is it saying I only found 10/12 Runes and 2/3 Outside Shrine at the end of mission 2?

I used the heart to hunt down every single rune and bone charm, and from what I understand there is only one Outsider Shrine per mission. I found the story one obviously, and the one in mission 2. Not only have I not run into a third one, but I haven't missed any. What?

Lijik

Why is it saying I only found 10/12 Runes and 2/3 Outside Shrine at the end of mission 2?

I used the heart to hunt down every single rune and bone charm, and from what I understand there is only one Outsider Shrine per mission. I found the story one obviously, and the one in mission 2. Not only have I not run into a third one, but I haven't missed any. What?

Did you get the two runes
on the dreadful wale before starting the mission
? I missed one of those because I didnt think to use the heart.

Well shoot, I wanted to pick this up after liking the first one and needing something single player to hold me over until FFXV comes out, but the complaints about horrendous controls are going to keep me away from this one. How is it this gets passed over in the reviews?

The controls aren't bad. I mean, they feel a bit slippery compared to other first-person games, but you adjust in an hour or two of playing. I don't even notice it anymore. The same thing happened with the first game back when it first released.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You're thinking of the bonecharms. There's only one rune on the Wale (or rather "on" the Wale since it's actually in the water ;)).

Rex_DX

Gold Member
How are other Xbox One users making out? These textures, especially the ones in the mid-to-far ground, are extremely muddy.

I opted to pick this up on X1 instead of PC due to the flurry of performance issues being reported. However, I just finished a run of Dishonored DE yesterday (also on X1) and I swear it looks and runs better the Dishonored 2.

Is this just me?

I assume there's no news of an optimization patch for consoles yet as, according to the Bethesda blog, they're hard at work grinding out the PC patch.

Carm

The "dogs" in the royal conservatory, can't sleep, do they count against non lethal if I take them out with normal bolt? Doesn't show any change in stats just want a confirm just in case.

Finished mission four this morning, I really didn't like the mansion nor did I like the new enemy type, I hope they don't show up later. Headshotting them didn't seem guarenteed. Also annoyed I had seven spotted bodies because of that stupid enemy.

Jharp

Pretty damn certain I did. One is underwater, right? It's possible I loaded a quicksave for some reason and forgot to grab them again, I suppose. I end up going back to the ship, right? So I can get them then?

Grisby

Finished Mission 4. I liked that it was spread out over multiple sections and the newish enemy was creepy.

However, upon starting mission 5 I realized that I wished the devs would have given you a little more freedom to explore without being caught right off the bat when beginning a level. Like, the opening section in the second level is nice because you get to have clear cut sections of what is hostile and what is not.

It's still fun, but this sequel feels harder to me than the first. Itching to get into the
conservatory
though.

Teggy

Spoiler for Crack in the Slab.
I changed something in the past and now Megan has both eyes and arms again. Holy shit.

Wha...either I totally missed this or I did something different. I don't remember there being alternate endings for that mission.

Tovarisc

Wha...either I totally missed this or I did something different. I don't remember there being alternate endings for that mission.

There is three different variations of that mission. Click below if want see them.

Unchanged as you don't do anything to Stilton.

You knock Stilton out in past, preventing him from going nuts.

You kill Stilton in the past. I didn't test this personally, yet.

Stoze

Spoilers for alternate mission 7 ending:
If you knock out Stilton in the past so he doesn't witness Delilah's summoning, the entire future changes. The mansion never becomes dilapidated and you get access to a new renovated room, Dust District is totally changed, Lucia Pastor isn't serving soup in the slums, Sokolov aged better and presumably didn't undergo Jindosh's torture, Megan never had her arm and eye taken out, Stilton joins your boat crew, etc.

Pretty ballsy that they don't really call much attention to that alternate route despite its ramifications. Mission 6 (which also has quite a few different outcomes) and 7 are fantastic.

Carm

Alright this is dumb Arkane, doing ghost/non lethal, I'm at the end of mission 5. I do the non lethal way, get credited two kills for minions I never touched.

So, I'm guessing I have to lure those to away and kill them myself to not kill get the kills counted. Good thing I keep a lot of saves.

Tovarisc

Teggy

There is three different variations of that mission. Click below if want see them.

Unchanged as you don't do anything to Stilton.

You knock Stilton out in past, preventing him from going nuts.

You kill Stilton in the past. I didn't test this personally, yet.

Whoa, crazy.
There were so many guys around I just positioned myself behind him, changed timelines, grabbed the notes, then zipped back.

Alright this is dumb Arkane, doing ghost/non lethal, I'm at the end of mission 5. I do the non lethal way, get credited two kills for minions I never touched.

So, I'm guessing I have to lure those to away and kill them myself to not kill get the kills counted. Good thing I keep a lot of saves.

Managed a perfect ghost/no kill run (on my 1st time through) , but with a LOT of stats checking before EVERY save. Didn't come across bugs but there were a couple of annoyances, mostly aparalyzed bodies falling to their deaths.

Tovarisc

Yea... if it doesn't work luring them away and taking them out I'm just gonna uninstall the game and play something else. No chance I'm spending time to redo the entire level because of a bug they should have known about.

Bug isn't 100% occurring as in not everyone experience it and it's only tied to NPC's within Observatory. If you have save in early stages of that part of M05 you are good to go and try workaround.

Carm

Killed both minions didn't count against me because of the type of enemy. Did non lethal on npc to finish quest, credited two kills.

Tovarisc

Killed both minions didn't count against me because of the type of enemy. Did non lethal on npc to finish quest, credited two kills.

Nonlethal action results in deaths of random witches. It's meant to knock them out, but in some cases when too many of them are already knocked out game just kills them and gives credit to player. Workaround I found helped several people to bypass this bug.

I wonder where I even can report this officially.

Damn, used a guide slightly for Mission 7.

I didn't know I was supposed to
burn the dying hound in the incinerator but I knew it was the next logical step
so I wasted a lot of time running around, ended up killing all the guards and had the mansion to myself lol.

Onto to Mission 8.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So, was the Jindosh Riddle supposed to be hard? Took 5 minutes using a dry-erase board and I skipped all of the Dust district? The hell!?

jesus, how well hidden is stuff. Not even exaggerating, I spent 4 hours going around level 2 exploring and am still missing 500 some coins. Really trying to get the achievement for 60% of all loot, shits ridiculous

Top Bottom