• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

d00d3n

As far as I can see, there is no way to choke dogs (although you can tranq them). Will the game count killing dogs as lethal actions that contribute to chaos, or can you kill them freely in a stealth/non-lethal run? Will any achievements be affected?

Wanderer5

As far as I can see, there is no way to choke dogs (although you can tranq them). Will the game count killing dogs as lethal actions that contribute to chaos, or can you kill them freely in a stealth/non-lethal run? Will any achievements be affected?

Wolfhounds doesn't count as kills.

Wanderer5

If I'm choke holding a guard and another guardsman attacks me and kills him does that count as a kill towards my count?

Yes it does. A better way for that situation, is to not finish the choke hold and just throw him, so you can do the non-lethal kick as he trying to get up

Y'all should play Styx: Master of Shadows.

The love-letter-to Thief came out last year already.

Best stealth game level design I've ever seen in the past three generations. I thought Dishonored was it when that came out but Styx is a whole other level. It's sublime.

Can you tell me more about the level design? I was turned off because all the videos and impressions I saw led me to believe the spaces were closer to a series a linear stealth challenges, rather than a proper Thief/Dishonored-style open-ended environment.

So much THIS!

Royal Conservatory was outstanding and so far Dust District is every bit as good.

Man....wait till you get to A Crack In The Slab. Good lord that level is amazing.

I just beat it last night as Emily (Low Chaos). Immediately started a Corvo playthrough where everyone must die!

The sequel is everything I hoped for. (Aside from the PC issues that hopefully get ironed out soon)

I would of also loved a mission select like in the previous game (Unless I'm missing something)

I just started playing and the movement seems a bit stiff, anyone else feel this?

I definitely had to up the sensitivity a bit. I found the default setting a little too slow.

Quonny

Booted this game up on my PS4 Pro all excited to play it on my new TV.

And holy shit what the hell is wrong with the controls? It's sluggish and the acceleration is all messed up. I mean, this is unplayable. It's like I'm underwater.

UCBooties

So I played the introduction and took the mission to go to the
partially abandoned sanitarium
. I did not get all the runes and bone charms in the district on the way to the level because I thought the city was a hub area. When I got on the carriage to the
sanitarium
I got a level recap screen. Did I miss all those runes and bone charms? Should I restart?

Booted this game up on my PS4 Pro all excited to play it on my new TV.

And holy shit what the hell is wrong with the controls? It's sluggish and the acceleration is all messed up. I mean, this is unplayable. It's like I'm underwater.

Hmm the controls don't feel weird to me. It feels the same as Dishonored 1. Then again, I do tend to be more tolerant of things like that.

So I played the introduction and took the mission to go to the
partially abandoned sanitarium
. I did not get all the runes and bone charms in the district on the way to the level because I thought the city was a hub area. When I got on the carriage to the
sanitarium
I got a level recap screen. Did I miss all those runes and bone charms? Should I restart?

Only on chap 4, but I don't think you go back to locations. So I think they are lost for that playthrough.

Wanderer5

Started a Corvo run, which I will get back to on and off for now, and grab some of the achievements that I missed (like saving the printer).

Is this worth buying if all I have is a vanilla ps4? After all the good reviews and positive buzz, I keep reading that people find the controls on ps4 to be truly awful. Should I just wait?

Jb

Is this worth buying if all I have is a vanilla ps4? After all the good reviews and positive buzz, I keep reading that people find the controls on ps4 to be truly awful. Should I just wait?
Not sure if it's a problem with the vanilla PS4 version but I didn't have any problem with the controls on Pro after increasing the sensibility by about 10 points.

Quonny

Hmm the controls don't feel weird to me. It feels the same as Dishonored 1. Then again, I do tend to be more tolerant of things like that.

I mean, it's unplayable for me. And it's not the TV or anything, I played two games, one a FPS, and neither of them have the issue.

I'm usually not sensitive to this stuff. RotTR was totally fine. But this? Good lord it's atrocious.

Timeaisis

So does getting spotted cause more chaos or is it just when alarms go off?

I'm getting good at nonlethal, but I wonder if it's going to go high chaos anyway at the rate I get seen haha.

Wanderer5

I'm getting good at nonlethal, but I wonder if it's going to go high chaos anyway at the rate I get seen haha.

I not sure about alarms, but I been spotted quite a few times (even at least one point having a grand fight that was messy but glorious lol), and I been in low chaos the whole time.

Logsi

Controls are awful. Had to lower sensitivity to 35 and take friction down to 30 from 100. Seems a tad better but still awful...

I played the first on PC and that was my worry getting two on PS4...

Lucifon

I mean, it's unplayable for me. And it's not the TV or anything, I played two games, one a FPS, and neither of them have the issue.

I'm usually not sensitive to this stuff. RotTR was totally fine. But this? Good lord it's atrocious.

They really are bad. It's a momentum / acceleration thing. If you just tap to aim a short distance it's fine. But move the stick fully so the acceleration kicks in and it continues to move after you've let go. Honestly baffling why you'd even allow this to go out the door with that as a thing.

Man....wait till you get to A Crack In The Slab. Good lord that level is amazing.

I just beat it last night as Emily (Low Chaos). Immediately started a Corvo playthrough where everyone must die!

The sequel is everything I hoped for. (Aside from the PC issues that hopefully get ironed out soon)

I would of also loved a mission select like in the previous game (Unless I'm missing something)

I definitely had to up the sensitivity a bit. I found the default setting a little too slow.

Just got into A Crack In the Slab and you are not wrong, it's blowing my mind right now!!!

JJShadow

Getting spotted doesn't affect your chaos level, I've been spotted multiple times and my chaos level is still low

And man, I really love how every level gets better than the previous one. I finished mission 4 before and loved it, now I'm on mission 5 and it's even better. Hats off to Arkane

viHuGi

Banned
Hello guys, I'm deciding a game to buy for my Pro and still deciding between some options, how is this looking and running on Pro?

shiba5

Spoiler for Crack in the Slab.
I changed something in the past and now Megan has both eyes and arms again. Holy shit.

Tovarisc

Spoiler for Crack in the Slab.
I changed something in the past and now Megan has both eyes and arms again. Holy shit.

Well you
literally changed history. Stilton keeping his sanity send ripples through time altering every event between that moment in past and this moment in current time. Even Dust District wasen't Dust District anymore because Stilton was running the place well, caring for people and his employees.

Just wanted to echo the sentiment that the controls feel sluggish and that the graphics on console are weirdly blurry.

I'm really disappointed with Dishonored 2 given these pretty intrinsic issues. Maybe Scorpio will save me? Blergh.

They really are bad. It's a momentum / acceleration thing. If you just tap to aim a short distance it's fine. But move the stick fully so the acceleration kicks in and it continues to move after you've let go. Honestly baffling why you'd even allow this to go out the door with that as a thing.
Damn it. Well, after my Rise of the Tomb Raider experiences (horrible on my first playthrough on Xbox One and fixed to near perfection on PS4) I'll reluctantly have to wait on this one.

Was so close to an impulse buy, but just can't look beyond input lag/acceleration issues.

But, while I'm here I wanted to ask a few questions for those who have the game:

* How often does the game do a background/auto-save if it does them at all? I really hate to mess around with save files, and dislike quicksave systems and the save scumming that comes about as a natural byproduct, preferring a system like Witcher 3's configurable auto-saves as a nice compromise. So I guess I'm asking, do I *have* to rely upon quick saves or does the game have some kind of decent checkpointing so that I can ignore all that and just focus on playing?

* Dishonored 1 gave you this weird talking heart thing that would pulse and show you where to find runes. It also talked, but the audio from the thing would only pipe through the dualshocks themselves, or else through headphones if you disabled surround sound. Does that still exist in D2? Does it have the same audio limitations?

* Any PS4 Pro enhancements (or degraded performance) when playing in 1080p? Getting the skinny on PS4 Pro patches has been difficult to Google, and most results are vague or only speak to 4K support. Anything in there for 1080p players? Or is this one of the Pro patches that can actually make things worse?

Thanks.

d00d3n

Wow, I am in awe of the savescumming opportunities in the end of mission 3.
Just get the safe combination from the guy in the killer's lab, travel back in time with a load, go and do all the serum producing business in peace, and inject the killer from her initial position when she has her back turned to you. The guy in the lab dies inexplicably, though ... I guess it would have been outrageous if the savescumming solution produced a better outcome?

This is a pretty awesome game. Just like the first.

Does Corvo play much differently?

EDIT: The only real issue I've had was in the hospital, where I played for about 20-30 minutes without an auto-save and then died. I had to redo that.

Top Bottom