• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

luxarific

Nork unification denier
That is kind of weird. Dunwall just screams steampunk London which makes the voice acting quite off-putting.

Yeah, everything else is so perfect, those American accents just stand out and take me out of the game world, just a bit. I also think it's easier to denote class with all the various types of UK accents out there, and since socioeconomic class is an important part of the game world, it just seems odd that they used a U.S. voice cast. Their performances are fine, but American English just has fewer distinguishable accents and they're not as closely linked to socioeconomic class as in UK English. (At least in my mind - maybe I watch too many UK dramas.)

In any case, it's a minor quibble. Game looks beautiful.

To fix your FOV go to %USERDIR%Documentsmy gamesDishonoredDishonoredGameConfig

Open DishonoredEngine.ini

Search for:
GameFOVAngle=75.000000

and change it to meet your needs.

Oh thank you kind sir!

I have several hours to go before I can play but is there a lot of precision aiming?

Trying to decide between desk and comfy couch. My rule of thumb has been FPS games with m/kb at the desk but I'm not getting the impression that this benefits from the advantages of that control scheme.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished for tonight. Will probably wait the day or so left for the local unlock before I play more. Game is incredible, but I need to either lower the difficulty or completely reassess what I want to get out of this experience. I'm just not good enough to make a pure non-lethal stealth playthrough viable. Waaay too many fuck-ups, and I've already lost count of how many quick loads I've done. It's a joke at this point and thought it surprisingly hasn't bothered me, it has got to the stage where I'll audibly groan when an NPC turned a corner unexpectedly or I did something painfully stupid and botched my otherwise silent run. I can't play the game like this because I'll end up hating it, and I know what's there is too good to do that.

TLDR: Today I'm reminded that I'm utterly horrendous at stealth games that don't rely on really basic mechanics and predictable AI. Deus Ex was a stealth breeze. This isn't.

ekim

Finished for tonight. Will probably wait the day or so left for the local unlock before I play more. Game is incredible, but I need to either lower the difficulty or completely reassess what I want to get out of this experience. I'm just not good enough to make a pure non-lethal stealth playthrough viable. Waaay too many fuck-ups, and I've already lost count of how many quick loads I've done. It's a joke at this point and thought it surprisingly hasn't bothered me, it has got to the stage where I'll audibly groan when an NPC turned a corner unexpectedly or I did something painfully stupid and botched my otherwise silent run. I can't play the game like this because I'll end up hating it, and I know what's there is too good to do that.

TLDR: Today I'm reminded that I'm utterly horrendous at stealth games that don't rely on really basic mechanics and predictable AI. Deus Ex was a stealth breeze. This isn't.

Sounds good. Can't wait to really play it since I'm at work right now. :(

massoluk

Banned
Just about to jump on the ship for my first mission.

Can you be GOD at the end with full upgrades and everything or is money finite in this game?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I imagine it's going to have me gritting my teeth at some points, but my Very Hard, No crosshair, No objective markers tact is quite, quite enjoyable so far. But pure stealth (let alone non-lethal) stealth is nooot an option for me this time though.

I try for it- I plan out my approach to a room so as to be undetected, but when the shit hits the fan if I'm caught I will do whatever it takes to survive even if it means a pile of corpses. In this way I accomplish three things: 1. incredible feeling of satisfaction when the "planned route" works without a hitch, 2. awesome emergent gameplay if things start to go wrong and I have to improvise, 3. strong negative reinforcement if I fail, but no necessary loss of progress.

Andrew.

Banned

I'll be playing on hard for my first run, but there's no way in hell I'd make a non kill/pure stealth playthrough for my first time. No fucking way. Use that run for your second or third. Get acclimated to the world, to enemy positions and controls. I want to be near perfect at maneuvering Corvo and knowing what Im coming across beforehand and proactively before I even attempt a no kill run. Sure I'll definitley be playing carefully and not kill everyone in my wake, but if the shit does hit the proverbial fan, then I'm going to have to do what I'm going to have to do, regardless if some innocents stand in my way or not.

That is kind of weird. Dunwall just screams steampunk London which makes the voice acting quite off-putting.

I can see the argument. But after reading so much of the lore I've come across, it seems completely removed from London. I'm not sure if the devs have explicitly said it's based on London, and IS London essentially, but it's a pretty fleshed out alternate universe. So I will allow them the oversight, but it seems intentional.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that there are some instances where a lethal take down is necessary and rewarding. It just feels so good, especially the drop assassinations.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's what I'm going to have to do. I wasn't going for no alerts, but definitely pure non-lethal with maximum stealth, and it's just way too fucking hard for me. I feel every time I get spotted that I've 'failed' and force myself to reload, when really I should just deal with it. Run away, fight, whatever. Play the goddamn game instead of forcing myself this stupidly restrictive corridor in a game about assassination.

I can see the argument. But after reading so much of the lore I've come across, it seems completely removed from London. I'm not sure if the devs have explicitly said it's based on London, and IS London essentially, but it's a pretty fleshed out alternate universe. So I will allow them the oversight, but it seems intentional.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that there are some instances where a lethal take down is necessary and rewarding. It just feels so good, especially the drop assassinations.

If I remember correctly, the devs visited London and Edinburgh. The latter is a bit odd, because it was never an industrial town, unlike other Scottish cities like Glasgow or Dundee, although little industrial architecture survives from the latter two cities, while Edinburgh is practically a giant museum of architecture of various periods.

That's what I'm going to have to do. I wasn't going for no alerts, but definitely pure non-lethal with maximum stealth, and it's just way too fucking hard for me. I feel every time I get spotted that I've 'failed' and force myself to reload, when really I should just deal with it. Run away, fight, whatever. Play the goddamn game instead of forcing myself this stupidly restrictive corridor in a game about assassination.

Yea, I reload a bit too, but have grown into a more "deal with it" attitude since getting blink. It's a great escape mechanism and is amazing for sneaking up on folks. I'm content with doing my best to sneak through and dispatching those necessary. It's also great to not have re-spawning guards; at least from what I have experienced.

Andrew.

Banned

Yeah me too, and that gets extremely frustrating after awhile. Same shit with every stealth game when you try to play it the way it's meant to be played.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Indeed, it's just not viable (at least the first time around) to punish yourself that way when the game is so willing to do the punishment for you. With Blink, the whole concept of "oh god now what" is turned on its head from the get-go. I can barely contain my excitement for the point at which I have a whole host of powers.

A couple shots with SweetFX/SMAA going. May play with supersampling later.
ibtOGWqe7WgwyK.png

iWgab6VnhM6kt.png

i6ti1meGQDB43.png

Mikeside

Just pretend your game has Ironman mode like Torchlight II, XCOM, Diablo 3 etc and don't let yourself quit or reload without actually dying.

That's my plan - try for silence/nokill but if it all goes wrong, bask in the emergent glory.

Derrick01

Banned
Ah, that sucks man, I hope you feel better soon. :(

Thanks I feel better this morning though I expect the lack of sleep to hit me sometime this afternoon. I'm waiting for a better opportunity to really get back into this since I just started the first real, open mission. I actually spent the last 2 hours playing Xcom for the first time and I have to say that's just as fun so far.

Yeah me too, and that gets extremely frustrating after awhile. Same shit with every stealth game when you try to play it the way it's meant to be played.

I feel as though you short change yourself if you F5 and then F9 when you make a mistake. The brilliance that comes with this game so far is that you can make mistakes and you can recover from them. Don't artificially limit yourself to a "perfect" ghost playthrough the first time around as you'll more than likely just frustrate yourself more than anything. This is a game that begs to be replayed, and knowing what you know on a second playthrough makes it easier to do what you want as the mechanics of the game are more familiar to you(us). I've made plenty of mistakes, but my chaos at the end of each mission is low because if I get into deep shit, I run and plan out another route of attack(sneaking).

Playing on Hard with no mission markers is def. the way I'd suggest everyone play on their first attempt. It makes for a more convincing game, which I'm assuming will make my second playthrough more enjoyable as I've sorta figured out from my first playthrough how the basics of the mission is suppose to play out. I'm on my 4th mission and have a few kills on guards as my hand was forced, but I've managed to not assassinate the main target yet.

Point is: don't hold your actions on a perfect playthrough. Watch, act, react. You'll have way more fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did someone disable all markers and hud elements? Do you get every possible interaction from trying?
Didn't disable everything, but made health/mana contextual and turned objective markers and crosshair off, though contextual icons are still on for now. Immersion is truly fantastic, though I do need subtitles on so I can "hear" from a distance without turning my volume up and down a lot. :p

Thanks I feel better this morning though I expect the lack of sleep to hit me sometime this afternoon. I'm waiting for a better opportunity to really get back into this since I just started the first real, open mission. I actually spent the last 2 hours playing Xcom for the first time and I have to say that's just as fun so far.
Good to hear, I'm picking up XCOM later today and holding off on Dishonored for now but reading this thread has got me constantly wondering whether or not I made the right choice. Deus Ex: HR is probably my second favorite game of this generation behind Dark Souls so I'm thinking I'll love Dishonored when I get around to it but I was just seriously craving a good turn based strategy game.

I hate you all. I had to get up early for work so I didn't have a chance to check things out last night due to the late unlock.

I'm playing the shit out of this when I get home today. I wonder if anyone will notice if I duck out after lunch.

Andrew.

Banned
I feel as though you short change yourself if you F5 and then F9 when you make a mistake. The brilliance that comes with this game so far is that you can make mistakes and you can recover from them. Don't artificially limit yourself to a "perfect" ghost playthrough the first time around as you'll more than likely just frustrate yourself more than anything. This is a game that begs to be replayed, and knowing what you know on a second playthrough makes it easier to do what you want as the mechanics of the game are more familiar to you(us). I've made plenty of mistakes, but my chaos at the end of each mission is low because if I get into deep shit, I run and plan out another route of attack(sneaking).

Playing on Hard with no mission markers is def. the way I'd suggest everyone play on their first attempt. It makes for a more convincing game, which I'm assuming will make my second playthrough more enjoyable as I've sorta figured out from my first playthrough how the basics of the mission is suppose to play out. I'm on my 4th mission and have a few kills on guards as my hand was forced, but I've managed to not assassinate the main target yet.

Point is: don't hold your actions on a perfect playthrough. Watch, act, react. You'll have way more fun.

Exactly what I was thinkin/sayin homie =P

30 minutes until purchase. Sogood.

Kayhan

Could you (or others) talk a little more about difficulty. Are the options straight up Easy, Normal etc. or do you tune specific parts (like combat difficulty) separately?

I was thinking something like Hard because there needs to be tension but I don't want super-frustrating combat either.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could you (or others) talk a little more about difficulty. Are the options straight up Easy, Normal etc. or do you tune specific parts (like combat difficulty) separately?

I was thinking something like Hard because their needs to be tension but I don't super-frustrating combat either.
Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard- you can change it at any time in the settings though

play on Very Hard

GorillaJu

This is how I felt about half way through the first mission, having spent about 3 hours on it. I just decided, to hell with the consequences, I want to have fun.

Switching from stealth non-lethal to mostly stealth lethal made it more fun. Chaos, when I finished it, was "low," so I've definitely learned that you can be an assassin and still attempt to keep the city from becoming an even bigger shitpile than it already is.

Anyway I came to the same conclusion as you in general. This is an absolutely wonderful game.

TheExodu5

Banned

Same here. I was going to go stealth, but the tutorial drop assassination was just too damned tempting.

EatChildren

Looks like I'm not alone :p. And I agree embracing the emergent nature of a video game is, well, the entire point of playing them. I don't know where the stupid perfectionist method I've had drilled into me came from, because I never used to be like that.

As for difficulty: Easy/Medium/Hard/Very Hard. Main thing that changes is how perceptive enemies are and how much damage they do. Of the combat I've played on hard, you'll die in two or three shots. The combat isn't hard mind you, but you do take a beating. AI seems pretty perceptive on hard. The alternating patrol paths is what gets me more than anything.

I left all the HUD elements on until I got to the Pub, just so I could get a feel for what sort of things I can interact with and what context-sensitive actions there are, but I turned them all off when I got to the first main mission and it's worked out well for me so far. Not having the objective marker forces you to study your environment more closely, if only just to pick out landmarks to know where you're going, and my natural tendency with these games is to explore every single inch I can.

I never play games on Hard the first time through, because I'm always terrified of getting three quarters of the way through and coming up to something I just can't get past and having to restart the whole game, but you can change the difficulty in Dishonored on the fly so I'm giving it a go. I feel like it's a pretty well-balanced difficulty to start on, at least in terms of how good the guards' vision is. You absolutely need to be leaning around every corner and listening intently, but it's felt pretty fair so far. It's a little like Thief in that you can poke your head out in broad daylight as long as your feet are hidden.

But, then, I've been quicksaving and loading obsessively, so the only real interaction I've had with hostiles is a quick sleeping dart. I'm trying for a no kill run, so I've been avoiding combat, but from my brief experimentations before a quickload the sword play seems pretty fun. Timing that parry feels good and solid, at least.

Quick question about the first area of the first major mission:
Facing the first light wall you come to in the level, to your left there's a blocked-off gate to another part of town with a girl crying for help in front of it. Does anyone know if there's anything you can do for her? I'm guessing it's just a trap, because your crosshair goes red when you get near her and her cries bring the guards running, but it'd be neat if there was something you can do for her.

epmode

So I'm really enjoying this game and I've already disabled objective markers but I was wondering if you guys would also suggest disabling the heart icons. Is it annoying to find items purely by the speed of the heartbeat?

ironcreed

Banned
Loving these impressions. Sounds like it is truly a thinking man's game. I am going to go stealthy as much as possible, but I can tell just from reading this thread that being aggressive will be the appropriate route to take sometimes. I get the distinct impression that not killing might come back to haunt you later in some cases.

Andrew.

Banned
I say if the AI perception is really that much increased on Hard and the game begs for multiple playthroughs, just do the pure stealth/no kill run on Easy mode. I'm gonna be using Easy for a lot of triophy cleanup anyway like the multiple missions with no alerts, etc.

neoism

To fix your FOV go to %USERDIR%\Documents\my games\Dishonored\DishonoredGame\Config

Open DishonoredEngine.ini

Search for:
GameFOVAngle=75.000000

and change it to meet your needs.

does this change this size of the hands....

v0mitg0d

I've played through Dishonored on the X360 as a full fledged assassin killing mostly everything in my path. I moved on to play through roughly 1/4 of the game on the PC as a ghost (no kills and no detection). It is one of my favorite games of the year, if not the best.

My opinion on the differences between the two consoles and play experiences. First the technical: The Xbox version looks pretty darn wonderful considering the aging hardware that's powering it but the lovely art style,

thoughtful and interesting level desgin, smooth & expressive animations and overall Steampunk aesthetic makes it one of the best looking console games I've played. There were a few cutscenes (in-game scripted sequences) where

the frame rate dropped a bit, but not that I can recall during gameplay. The PC version is absolutely and clearly the better looking of the two (if you have the horsepower to push it) and supports gamepad and KB&M excellently.

It's honestly a really gorgeous game on the PC, but not in the Crysis omg-post-processing sort of way, more like everything comes together to create an awesome world to explore kind of way.

The assassin route is incredibly rewarding once you've unlocked several skills, particularly when you get really good at combining them. There is nothing like calculating a deadly strike through a room filled with guards using these powers. For example, several times I would use Dark Vision to plot out the attack, Bend Time to render them motionless, Blink to skip around the room knifing them in the back, Shadow Kill (turns kills into dust) making their bodies disappear. Ghosting a level is more challenging and requires more patience, but man it's fun.

I'm still working on my full review for my blog, however here are some notes I'd like to share...in reply

* Blink is my new favorite mechanic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blink. I want IT in every game now. I want it in the new Mario so I can Blink over to the flag pole. I want Blink in the new NFS. I want it in the new XCOM. I WANT IT EVERYWHERE!

* It's Steampunk, but it doesn't hit you over the head with it.

* The sneaking just feels right. It's velvety smooth, and the transition of movement are sure-footed and graceful feeling.

* The tutorial system is elegant and mostly unobtrusive.

* End of mission stats--which display kills, alarms rung, chaos level, or if you went undetected (ghost)--is interesting in a gaming sort of way however I found that it sort of killed momentum (like ME2's Mission Complete screens). It just feels unnecessary.

* Voice acting is excellent.

* The attention to detail is there, look for it! In one scene a prominent character began to smoke and I wanted the process and he actually (seems to) to inhale and then exhale the smoke from his mouth. It sounds odd, but I mean it. Take your time with this game--never rush or you'll miss something.

* The hubs or maps are cool, but I think they could have been bigger.

* There are a lot more books to read than I anticipated--not too long to read--that are sprinkled about, allowing you to indulge in the world's lore. I suggest you gobble them up.

* Save anywhere is great. Wish the console version had a dedicated quick save button a la Mass Effect 3. Also it would be helpful if the menu system would close itself out (a la Skyrim) after the save process. Backing out after each save got old.

* Optional goals (like assisting a needy NPC) usually unlocks something beneficial for the player. You'll come across cool stuff like a note someone left someone else about a secret meeting spot, or hidden stash.

* No map in inventory makes things a little confusing at first, but then you'll find a map posted on a wall somewhere in the level. Besides the hubs/maps are not that big anyway.

* Assisting some people can lead to access to new gadgets, ammo and gear.

* You do revisit some of the maps, but it's not annoying and/or repetitive.

* Chaos--a transparent system that's adjusted by your actions in the world--affects the city. A high number of assassinations results in more rats, more weepers (think zombies), different reactions from allies and a darker final outcome.

* I was afraid Dark Vision (see through walls and vision cones) would feel like cheating, but it turned out to be a blast to use.

* The story is interesting but ultimately predicting...and, well, video games.

* The game thoughtfully eases you into the story and the world. Two hours in and it ramps up, so I suggest having some patience and let the game wash over you.

* Blink is so finely woven into the fabric of Dishonored's gameplay, again it was a pleasure using it.

* Rats seem to have their own life. They wander, devour dead bodies and sometimes will sneak up on you. Seriously, it's really gross, disturbing and fascinating to watch them work.

* Overall the game is thoughtful in its design to help foster a multi-pathway experience of equal enjoyment and reward.

* The art direction & animations save 360 version. Both of these aspects are so beneficial they offer a friendly distraction from sometimes low resolution texture pop-in.

* when returning from mission NPCs tend to notice if you've been violent or not. Sometimes though this process can seem a bit convoluted.

* Before completing a mission the player is always offered the choice to free roam back through the level to complete optional stuff.

* There are blueprints to find throughout the game to unlock additional upgrades and abilities.

* The rewards creativity. One time I was in a pickle. I saved the game right before a guard discovered me. So after dying I reloaded the game and instantly froze time, possessed the guard who discovers me before he could alert anyone else, walked him near two other guards, unloaded him, killed him turning him to ashes, then killed the guard in front of him (from behind) and then crept outside and killed the 3rd guard. It was exciting, rewarding, and I felt like a total badass.

* Once I got the mechanics down, the flow of combat and discovery turned into Blink, sneak, knife, spin, jump, knife, blink, knife, and they're dead. Awesome!

* Drop assassinations (death from above)--if you can pull it off--stop your fall.

It's a wonderful wonderful game. Go get it!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Have to second your thoughts on Blink. Once you use it the first time, you will forever see the world in terms of "pre- and post-Blink" era. Can't wait for dat upgrade o.o

mxgt

Banned
This game is fucking awesome.

4 hours is such BS, I've already played 3 and a half and I'm on the first real mission still. Doing non lethal as much as possible.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This game is fucking awesome.

4 hours is such BS, I've already played 3 and a half and I'm on the first real mission still. Doing non lethal as much as possible.
Yeahhh over 3 just having started the first mission. If you ever like to ask yourself "wait, can I do that?" while playing a videogame 4 hours is clearly a ludicrous proposition for this one.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
How well does the game play with a 360 controller? For whatever reason, the game didnt feel right to me using m+k (maybe due to me playing most of the UE3 based games with a controller), so I'm debating playing with 360 controller.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How well does the game play with a 360 controller? For whatever reason, the game didnt feel right to me using m+k (maybe due to me playing most of the UE3 based games with a controller), so I'm debating playing with 360 controller.
Flawless, all key indicators change immediately on pressing a button, RB is block for great justice, full (and wholly clever) vibration support, LB opens quick-select menu and lets you map things to D-Pad, etc.

ironcreed

Banned
I've played through Dishonored on the X360 as a full fledged assassin killing mostly everything in my path. I moved on to play through roughly 1/4 of the game on the PC as a ghost (no kills and no detection). It is one of my favorite games of the year, if not the best.

My opinion on the differences between the two consoles and play experiences. First the technical: The Xbox version looks pretty darn wonderful considering the aging hardware that's powering it but the lovely art style,

thoughtful and interesting level desgin, smooth & expressive animations and overall Steampunk aesthetic makes it one of the best looking console games I've played. There were a few cutscenes (in-game scripted sequences) where

the frame rate dropped a bit, but not that I can recall during gameplay. The PC version is absolutely and clearly the better looking of the two (if you have the horsepower to push it) and supports gamepad and KB&M excellently.

It's honestly a really gorgeous game on the PC, but not in the Crysis omg-post-processing sort of way, more like everything comes together to create an awesome world to explore kind of way.

The assassin route is incredibly rewarding once you've unlocked several skills, particularly when you get really good at combining them. There is nothing like calculating a deadly strike through a room filled with guards using these powers. For example, several times I would use Dark Vision to plot out the attack, Bend Time to render them motionless, Blink to skip around the room knifing them in the back, Shadow Kill (turns kills into dust) making their bodies disappear. Ghosting a level is more challenging and requires more patience, but man it's fun.

I'm still working on my full review for my blog, however here are some notes I'd like to share...in reply

* Blink is my new favorite mechanic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blink. I want IT in every game now. I want it in the new Mario so I can Blink over to the flag pole. I want Blink in the new NFS. I want it in the new XCOM. I WANT IT EVERYWHERE!

* It's Steampunk, but it doesn't hit you over the head with it.

* The sneaking just feels right. It's velvety smooth, and the transition of movement are sure-footed and graceful feeling.

* The tutorial system is elegant and mostly unobtrusive.

* End of mission stats--which display kills, alarms rung, chaos level, or if you went undetected (ghost)--is interesting in a gaming sort of way however I found that it sort of killed momentum (like ME2's Mission Complete screens). It just feels unnecessary.

* Voice acting is excellent.

* The attention to detail is there, look for it! In one scene a prominent character began to smoke and I wanted the process and he actually (seems to) to inhale and then exhale the smoke from his mouth. It sounds odd, but I mean it. Take your time with this game--never rush or you'll miss something.

* The hubs or maps are cool, but I think they could have been bigger.

* There are a lot more books to read than I anticipated--not too long to read--that are sprinkled about, allowing you to indulge in the world's lore. I suggest you gobble them up.

* Save anywhere is great. Wish the console version had a dedicated quick save button a la Mass Effect 3. Also it would be helpful if the menu system would close itself out (a la Skyrim) after the save process. Backing out after each save got old.

* Optional goals (like assisting a needy NPC) usually unlocks something beneficial for the player. You'll come across cool stuff like a note someone left someone else about a secret meeting spot, or hidden stash.

* No map in inventory makes things a little confusing at first, but then you'll find a map posted on a wall somewhere in the level. Besides the hubs/maps are not that big anyway.

* Assisting some people can lead to access to new gadgets, ammo and gear.

* You do revisit some of the maps, but it's not annoying and/or repetitive.

* Chaos--a transparent system that's adjusted by your actions in the world--affects the city. A high number of assassinations results in more rats, more weepers (think zombies), different reactions from allies and a darker final outcome.

* I was afraid Dark Vision (see through walls and vision cones) would feel like cheating, but it turned out to be a blast to use.

* The story is interesting but ultimately predicting...and, well, video games.

* The game thoughtfully eases you into the story and the world. Two hours in and it ramps up, so I suggest having some patience and let the game wash over you.

* Blink is so finely woven into the fabric of Dishonored's gameplay, again it was a pleasure using it.

* Rats seem to have their own life. They wander, devour dead bodies and sometimes will sneak up on you. Seriously, it's really gross, disturbing and fascinating to watch them work.

* Overall the game is thoughtful in its design to help foster a multi-pathway experience of equal enjoyment and reward.

* The art direction & animations save 360 version. Both of these aspects are so beneficial they offer a friendly distraction from sometimes low resolution texture pop-in.

* when returning from mission NPCs tend to notice if you've been violent or not. Sometimes though this process can seem a bit convoluted.

* Before completing a mission the player is always offered the choice to free roam back through the level to complete optional stuff.

* There are blueprints to find throughout the game to unlock additional upgrades and abilities.

* The rewards creativity. One time I was in a pickle. I saved the game right before a guard discovered me. So after dying I reloaded the game and instantly froze time, possessed the guard who discovers me before he could alert anyone else, walked him near two other guards, unloaded him, killed him turning him to ashes, then killed the guard in front of him (from behind) and then crept outside and killed the 3rd guard. It was exciting, rewarding, and I felt like a total badass.

* Once I got the mechanics down, the flow of combat and discovery turned into Blink, sneak, knife, spin, jump, knife, blink, knife, and they're dead. Awesome!

* Drop assassinations (death from above)--if you can pull it off--stop your fall.

It's a wonderful wonderful game. Go get it!

Very nice, thanks a bunch. Just waiting for PSN to let me have the game I already paid for.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Really? We're this far into this gaming generation and we still do this? (Your complaint, not the install)

Well believe it or not, there are people who own more than 1 console and they might be interested in which version performs/looks the best.

Don't look at me though I sold off my consoles

Top Bottom