• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

RobbieNick

I had in my hands all 3 of the new figures: Han, Chewy and Vader, but Target wouldn't sell them.

DON'T PUT THEM ON THE SHELF!

This has been happening a LOT with this wave.

BTW, I noticed all the Rebels, Mulan and Fear are out on the store shelves everywhere now. No longer store exclusive.

Yeah the game is buggy. I have completed every tutorial yet I did not get the trophy for it.

Not to mention the pain of trying to get an online game going (i.e. it's not going to happen).

Luckily I got the trophy for the online game around launch but it took hours to complete. It's going to take forever if I try to finish the two remaining challenges to play even more online.

curb

Banned
I've spent about the half hour with the Toy Box app on iOS. My iPad Mini 3 runs it alright but the touch controls seem nearly impossible to use, at least on higher difficulty levels.

It's all there though. My in-progress PS4 level was there in the cloud storage. I've entered all my we codes so Toy Box Takeover was available which kinda surprised me.

I've spent about the half hour with the Toy Box app on iOS. My iPad Mini 3 runs it alright but the touch controls seem nearly impossible to use, at least on higher difficulty levels.

It's all there though. My in-progress PS4 level was there in the cloud storage. I've entered all my we codes so Toy Box Takeover was available which kinda surprised me.

I assumed that your figures levels would come over when you signed into your Disney account. No?

So you have to enter the codes on the cards and the figure levels are seperate?

curb

Banned
I assumed that your figures levels would come over when you signed into your Disney account. No?

So you have to enter the codes on the cards and the figure levels are seperate?

The levels are tied more to your console progress and the physical figure and don't carry to the mobile/PC version. I think PC and mobile share levels but I'm not 100% sure and yes, you need to enter the codes from the cards to use those figures outside the console version. Seems like something they could just keep track of on the account side but they don't.

The levels are tied more to your console progress and the physical figure and don't carry to the mobile/PC version. I think PC and mobile share levels but I'm not 100% sure and yes, you need to enter the codes from the cards to use those figures outside the console version. Seems like something they could just keep track of on the account side but they don't.

Thanks curb.

curb

Banned
I don't know what the pricing was like for content in the mobile version of 2.0 but someone took shots of the store in 3.0 if anyone's interested. $6.99 for Toy Box Takeover digitally. I assume it will be similar on PC.

I find it interested on iOS considering the upcoming Apple TV is essentially the same as consoles with the physical items. I wonder if the standalone Toy Box app will work on that.

I think it may be already covered, but when I take ownership of a figure, does it resets the figure level? I want to switch between ps4 and Xbox one versions but do not want to loose progress.

Update on next week's discounts. Target will also have the OT playset for $25, but obviously those of us with GCU will want to buy from Best Buy. Target is also discounting the other playsets by $10 as well, and starter packs are $15 off. Unfortunately, Han, Chewie, & Vader are all MSRP at $13.99.

curb

Banned
Update on next week's discounts. Target will also have the OT playset for $25, but obviously those of us with GCU will want to buy from Best Buy. Target is also discounting the other playsets by $10 as well, and starter packs are $15 off. Unfortunately, Han, Chewie, & Vader are all MSRP at $13.99.

Update on Canada's discounts:

uhf%2Bnothing%2Babsolute%2Bnothing.gif

Well, the 2.0 Avengers set is $20 but that's it

TheGrue

Walked into Target this morning and they had a bunch of Chewbaccas out. I asked if I was allowed to buy one since they come out next week and he scanned it and said it was street dated for next week, so no.

Somnia

So I've never actually played Disney Infinity. I'm a HUGE Disney fan and Star Wars fan. If I get 3.0 I know I can play all of the 3.0 content, what all do I have to do to play 1.0 and 2.0? Just the games?

Kinda weird. Got the Feat for 75 Feats, but the Trophy didn't pop.

Only have the 10 Arcade Plays for the Plat left once it does!

Are you playing on PS3? Supposedly there's a glitch for that 75 feats trophy on PS3.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/disney-infinity-3-0-a/273964-75-feats-trophy-didnt-pop-ps3.html

Also, good luck with that 10 arcade one. I just got it, but man was it grueling given the rough shape the multiplayer is in. Hopefully they'll patch it soon and that'll be easy. It's a shame cause the online games are actually really fun.

Are you playing on PS3? Supposedly there's a glitch for that 75 feats trophy on PS3.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/disney-infinity-3-0-a/273964-75-feats-trophy-didnt-pop-ps3.html

Also, good luck with that 10 arcade one. I just got it, but man was it grueling given the rough shape the multiplayer is in. Hopefully they'll patch it soon and that'll be easy. It's a shame cause the online games are actually really fun.

PS4, and luckily it popped on the very next feat. Yeah I've had luck with multiplayer right after dinner time here (east coast). Other times it's pretty desolate. Here's hoping I'll finish tonight and snag the platinum!

So I've never actually played Disney Infinity. I'm a HUGE Disney fan and Star Wars fan. If I get 3.0 I know I can play all of the 3.0 content, what all do I have to do to play 1.0 and 2.0? Just the games?

I believe you'll need the base games and at least their Starter Set figures/toy boxes.

curb

Banned
I intentionally stopped paying attention to trophies a while ago but I noticed that I'm just down to just the arcade trophies now and for whatever stupid reason, I want to get that Plat. Hopefully they'll have a fix for the connection issues soon.

I intentionally stopped paying attention to trophies a while ago but I noticed that I'm just down to just the arcade trophies now and for whatever stupid reason, I want to get that Plat. Hopefully they'll have a fix for the connection issues soon.

I really enjoy trophies so this is a pleasant surprise.

curb

Banned
I really enjoy trophies so this is a pleasant surprise.

I used to really enjoy them but I found that for myself, it was keeping me from playing whatever I wanted. I would look at a cruddy PlayStation game vs a mobile game that I was actually really enjoying and choose to play the PS game just because of trophies. I also got the Platinum in Lego Marvel on the Vita and realized I had a problem. I still look at my trophies in the PS app occasionally just to see what I've done since I have the notifications turned off on my PS4, PS3 and Vita but that's usually it.

empyrean

Got this on the wii u (software only as I'm not a big Star Wars fan so got it for the toy box). Loving it so far, much more substantial and the toy box really feels like a game on its own which breathes new life into characters that don't have their own play set.

One weird issue...first thing I did was speak to mickey and he says to jump into the middle but to learn about toy boxes or something. I jump into the bit in the middle and it asks if I want to exit and goto (sorry forgotten where it said)...I do that but then nothing happens, my character freezes and I can move him but nothing ever loads, I've waited for ages and nothing happens.

jonno394

Thinking about picking this up, can someone explain what this means (the "tokens...1 this time bit specifically")

ALL Star Wars characters can crossover to the other Star Wars sets via tokens a la 2.0 playsets but it's only 1 this time.

Also, as this is my first Infinity, outside of the Star Wars and Inside me figures, the rest are only for use in toybox mode right?

Thinking about picking this up, can someone explain what this means (the "tokens...1 this time bit specifically")

Also, as this is my first Infinity, outside of the Star Wars and Inside me figures, the rest are only for use in toybox mode right?

You have to play the playset with a character from the set and find a token/coin for the Star Wars character that does not belong to this playset. It is not really hidden, just placed somewhere. In 2.0 you needed to find 20 tokens for each character.

All characters, including 1.0 and 2.0, can be used in toy box mode and The toybox games Takeover (minus Cars figures) and Speedway (Both sold separately for $20 each). Plus all Marvel figures can be used in The upcoming Marvel playset.

I used to really enjoy them but I found that for myself, it was keeping me from playing whatever I wanted. I would look at a cruddy PlayStation game vs a mobile game that I was actually really enjoying and choose to play the PS game just because of trophies. I also got the Platinum in Lego Marvel on the Vita and realized I had a problem. I still look at my trophies in the PS app occasionally just to see what I've done since I have the notifications turned off on my PS4, PS3 and Vita but that's usually it.

I was always a pretty big fan of trophies but I always goofed around in games the way I want to sort of like the days before achievements / trophies and DI3 ended up being my first Platinum.

jonno394

Picked this up, had good fun just unlocking and exploring the toybox hub and dabbled in one or two of the levels included in the hub. Outside of these and Toybox Takeover, if you're not a creator, Toybox Mode is really just for playing other peoples creations right?

Build quality on the two star wars figures are great, much better than an Amiibo or Sylander I own/have seen

mreddie

Picked this up, had good fun just unlocking and exploring the toybox hub and dabbled in one or two of the levels included in the hub. Outside of these and Toybox Takeover, if you're not a creator, Toybox Mode is really just for playing other peoples creations right?

Yep

RobbieNick

Figured out why so many store where putting them out early. We have some Chewbacas and Darth Vaders in the back and no where on the boxes does it say that it's street dated or to not sell until the 29th. That just causes some serious confusion.

mr-paul

UK infinity fans, I was in Toys R US today and they had the rise of the empire play set out for sale already although it's not due to be released until Friday. You may want to check your local one if you want it a few days early!

Waiting until Christmas myself - only just picked up 2.0!

Christopher

Can't believe they have no deals on Han Chewie and Vadar. Oh well I can wait I have literally everyone else outside of them and fear

I think Disney Infinity may be finished after this year. The 3.0 starter pack, yes the 3.0 starter pack, is already reduced to $49.99 on Amazon...less than one month after release. Ouch.

Star Wars was kind of the last ditch effort to keep the franchise going, and I'm not sure it's going to be enough. I've still seen shelves full of every 3.0 character as well.

curb

Banned
I think Disney Infinity may be finished after this year. The 3.0 starter pack, yes the 3.0 starter pack, is already reduced to $49.99 on Amazon...less than one month after release. Ouch.

Star Wars was kind of the last ditch effort to keep the franchise going, and I'm not sure it's going to be enough. I've still seen shelves full of every 3.0 character as well.

I don't know if I'd call Star Wars a last ditch effort - I'm sure it was in the plan for a while - but I agree that this is likely the make or break release for them. Dropping the price so rapidly doesn't exactly convey confidence in their sales numbers so far.

Even with 2.0 underperforming, it was still making a lot of money. They may have to slash budgets if it sells less copies and toys again this year but it would likely stick around in some form for awhile.

They took the markdown on the starter at launch so I think it's all part of the plan. Get parents to think Lego Dimensions at 100 bucks or Disney Infinity at half that? Skylanders also launched Wave 2 the day before Dimensions, they're all hoping to retain market share.

jwk94

Buying this game day one continues to be a dumb decision. Can't believe I guy sucked into the hype. I should have waited so I could take advantage of these deals.

Christopher

Buying this game day one continues to be a dumb decision. Can't believe I guy sucked into the hype. I should have waited so I could take advantage of these deals.

Hey you got to play it first look at it that way, live and learn next time I will be holding out if there is a 4.0

Top Bottom