• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

phant0m

I got that with Yoda also (the PS4 deluxe version though)
They are also selling Inside Out for $25.

So with GCU, my purchase was just below $100.

Is that a good price for the play set? I'm entirely new to these toy-to-life things so I don't know how much all this stuff runs.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Anyone getting Vader and Darth Maul today? Was looking to see if there were any buy two get one free or half off deals but not seeing anything.

curb

Banned
Anyone getting Vader and Darth Maul today? Was looking to see if there were any buy two get one free or half off deals but not seeing anything.

I'm going to grab a Vader if I have time but I'm in Canada and we don't get launch deals.

Isn't Maul out in November?

Lan Dong Mik

I'm going to grab a Vader if I have time but I'm in Canada and we don't get launch deals.

Isn't Maul out in November?

Shit!!! I just read that too. I saw release dates online last week that said 9/29. What a bummer. So who all comes out today? Is it just Vader and Chewy?

bedlamite

Ah okay, thanks man.

Getting Maul and Vader released on the same day seems a little too good to be true now that I think about it. Looks like I'll be getting Chewy and Vader
Not holding out for the LighFX version?

light-fx.jpg

curb

Banned
I keep forgetting about the light up figures. I don't think I really need them though. If they could light up when on display then maybe but I think they only do when on the base.

Lan Dong Mik

Not holding out for the LighFX version?

light-fx.jpg

Damn!! When are those coming out? I'm a little out of the loop lol. I've purchased nearly all of the Star Wars figures at this point so I'll probably still get Vader today, but those lightfx figures are sweet! I'll most likely buy those too. Straight addicted haha

curb

Banned
Damn!! When are those coming out? I'm a little out of the loop lol. I've purchased nearly all of the Star Wars figures at this point so I'll probably still get Vader today, but those lightfx figures are sweet! I'll most likely buy those too. Straight addicted haha

I don't think they have a firm date yet.

Wait you can platinum this game with just the standalone software version?

I think so. I'm pretty sure the trophies are all Toy Box centric. Oh, and by standalone I assume you know you still need the base and at least on figure.

enewtabie

I'm close to getting in on Disney Infinity 3.0 mainly because the Star Wars stuff looks so good. Don't know too much about how the toybox works and the long term replay value after the playset campaigns. I keep getting the itch.

curb

Banned
I'm close to getting in on Disney Infinity 3.0 mainly because the Star Wars stuff looks so good. Don't know too much about how the toybox works and the long term replay value after the playset campaigns. I keep getting the itch.

If you're in the US, there seem to be lots of sales on the starter pack which is a good way to get into it. There's info in the OP about it. The Star Wars play sets have lots of collectibles and challenges. I've played through the Clone Wars play set twice now and really enjoyed it. I'd suggest reading some reviews and watching some gameplay videos before jumping in though.

I think they've said before Christmas, but other than that, we don't know. You'd think they'd push as hard as possible to get them on shelves for Black Friday.

Absolutely. I saw a date on a Yoda that was 12/1 but that was likely just a placeholder date.

curb

Banned
So I've enjoyed 3.0 so much that I've now started learning to use the Toy Box building tools. I'm trying to destroy a block I'm using as a door after defeating a wave of enemies - does anyone know how to do that? I've tried just moving the block on a path and that works but I can't stop it from looping. I really just want to delete the block after the wave is dead but that doesn't seem to be possible. Any ideas?

Just picked up Chewbacca, Vader, Solo and the Episode 4-6 Powe Discs

Fucking Toys R Us had the Toy Box Speedway sitting on onr of the shelves but they wouldnt sell it to me. Gotta wait till Oct. 13th. I had a feeling they would say that..my first impulse was to just steal it..should have done that.

I'm sure this was already suspected, possibly even announced, but it appears there will be two additional Force Awakens characters, on top of the two included in the playset. I was checking stock levels of Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Han Solo at work on the weekend and as well as entries for the LU characters, I found entries for two Episode VII characters.

RK128

I'm sure this was already suspected, possibly even announced, but it appears there will be two additional Force Awakens characters, on top of the two included in the playset. I was checking stock levels of Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Han Solo at work on the weekend and as well as entries for the LU characters, I found entries for two Episode VII characters.

Most playsets have two-five extra characters alongside two bundled characters, so that makes sense. I haven't been following Ep. VII but I am willing to bet that we will be getting at least four/five total Ep. VII characters and a power disk set that has costumes for the Original Trilogy characters and some of the ships from Ep. VII.

Edit: The only exception to this was a few playsets in Infinity 1.0; Lone Ranger only had the included characters, Monsters University only had two characters (Mike and Randal), Toy Story in Space only had Woody, Buzz and Jesse and Cars only had four characters (two included and two sold alone).

Lan Dong Mik

Whoa! Did it mention which ones specifically?

image_2.jpg

My Star Wars collection is getting there now lol! Fuck I've spent so much money on this awesome game.

Whoa! Did it mention which ones specifically?

image_2.jpg

My Star Wars collection is getting there now lol! Fuck I've spent so much money on this awesome game.

Unfortunately not. They are listed as Episode VII Character 1 and Episode VII Character 2. I'm sure these will be updated closer to the launch of the film though. I'll keep checking the system from time to time to see.

That's a great collection too! Chewbacca and Vader look awesome - I have to wait until Monday for the local release. :(

ReaperXL7

I'm having a real rough time deciding wether I should get this or Lego dimensions for my daughter when I have the funds to do so. This seems like the safer option because everything is solid pieces so my 1yr old son won't be able to wreck it quite as easily as he would Lego, problem is that my daughter has just about no interest in Star Wars so the main attractions for her would be the toy box and the inside out play set.

It's a real shame that the old play sets don't work as she would be much more interested if frozen or toy story or more of the actual Disney properties were as heavily utilized in this. Hell she would likely be more excited if she could play as Elsa in the star wars stuff.

Given each of the Star Wars playsets has featured four heroes and a villain (Rebels aside), is it safe to assume we'll see a playable Kylo Ren? I'd love to see Captain Phasma rendered in this art style as well, I think she'd look great. I hope she is also playable.

MrMephistoX

I'm having a real rough time deciding wether I should get this or Lego dimensions for my daughter when I have the funds to do so. This seems like the safer option because everything is solid pieces so my 1yr old son won't be able to wreck it quite as easily as he would Lego, problem is that my daughter has just about no interest in Star Wars so the main attractions for her would be the toy box and the inside out play set.

It's a real shame that the old play sets don't work as she would be much more interested if frozen or toy story or more of the actual Disney properties were as heavily utilized in this. Hell she would likely be more excited if she could play as Elsa in the star wars stuff.

Honestly I think you'd be better off with Infinity and Toybox Takeover for her. Between that and the Toybox itself she won't even need Star Wars; but if you want her to get into it just do what I did and play with Leia, Sabine and Ahsoka and she'll have a ball with Star Wars. Lego dimensions seems light on girl power plus the 1 year old could choke on the small pieces.

Given each of the Star Wars playsets has featured four heroes and a villain (Rebels aside), is it safe to assume we'll see a playable Kylo Ren? I'd love to see Captain Phasma rendered in this art style as well, I think she'd look great. I hope she is also playable.

I think Kylo Ren is a pretty safe bet, and Captain Phasma would not surprise me either considering how big a push she's getting in toys already.

Christopher

Praying for deals I forgot I need the Star Wars exclusives too

Fear
Chewie
Vadar
Han

And I'm done! I'm not getting the crystal guys

gsrjedi

I didn't see this posted, but Amazon has the 3.0 playsets for $25. Rise Against the Empire set is also available at that price

curb

Banned
I think Kylo Ren is a pretty safe bet, and Captain Phasma would not surprise me either considering how big a push she's getting in toys already.

And likely Poe.

Yep on Kylo Ren I just hope we get Palpatine and Count Dooku at some point too; maybe the droids.

I personally doubt we're getting a Palpatine but either Dooku or Grievous seem likely. I doubt we'll get the droids either as they don't have the combat potential that so many other possible characters have.

The Hall of Heroes seems like it only has room for five more Star Wars characters. There is space for another character alongside Boba Fett, Darth Maul and Darth Vader, as well as space for four more characters on the opposite wall. I'm guessing Daisy and Finn will be part of the Force Awakens playset. Kylo, Phasma and Poe will be single characters.

curb

Banned
The Hall of Heroes seems like it only has room for five more Star Wars characters. There is space for another character alongside Boba Fett, Darth Maul and Darth Vader, as well as space for four more characters on the opposite wall. I'm guessing Daisy and Finn will be part of the Force Awakens playset. Kylo, Phasma and Poe will be single characters.

If they stay consistent it would be four TFA heroes and Kylo Ren on the other side with Vader, Maul and Boba. I doubt they'll be consistent since they really only seem to have three new heroes and Kylo. I wonder if they'll expand that room later since I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be more than five new Star Wars figures coming. There are seven Star Wars spaces left on the board after Finn and Rey:

RK128

If they stay consistent it would be four TFA heroes and Kylo Ren on the other side with Vader, Maul and Boba. I doubt they'll be consistent since they really only seem to have three new heroes and Kylo. I wonder if they'll expand that room later since I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be more than five new Star Wars figures coming. There are seven Star Wars spaces left on the board after Finn and Rey:

So there is four more slots for Star Wars characters after TFA Playset?

....I guess it will be a character from each era (Prequel Villain, Original Trilogy Hero, Ep. VII Side character), with one era having a extra character (Prequel with R2-D2 or 3-CPO).

Then that leaves us with 13 Disney Character Slots and 4 Marvel Slots.

My bets for those are following:
-Star Wars-
-General Grevus
-R2-D2
-3-CPO
-Emperor

-Disney/Pixar-
-Belle
-Beast
-Goofy
-Oswald
-Star
-Marco
-Dipper
-Mable
-Alice (Tim Burton)
-Mad Hatter (Tim Burton)
-Darkwing Duck
-Kim Possible
-Golath

-Marvel-
-Ant-Man
-Scarlet Witch
-Quicksilver
-Vision

curb

Banned
So there is four more slots for Star Wars characters after TFA Playset?

....I guess it will be a character from each era (Prequel Villain, Original Trilogy Hero, Ep. VII Side character), with one era having a extra character (Prequel with R2-D2 or 3-CPO).

Then that leaves us with 13 Disney Character Slots and 4 Marvel Slots.

*list*

I think your Marvel list is spot-on. I mentioned above that I don't think they'll do R2-D2, 3-CPO or the Emperor. The droids are supporting characters already in the play sets and have very limited combat or even mobility potential. I don't have justification for why I don't think they'll do Palpatine - it's just a gut feeling.

Top Bottom