• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

So Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box starter set is on sale today at Best Buy for $15, or $12 for GCU.

My question is, is it worth it to buy if I have no interest in the Marvel playsets, don't care for the characters included and am interested in the advance game-making tools in 3.0?

I.e. is it worth it just to have? Does Stitch or the Brave girl have any unique abilities?

It is worth for the figures alone. Stitch wonderful animated in the game.

MrMephistoX

It is worth for the figures alone. Stitch wonderful animated in the game.

I think it comes with the Toybox takeover esque Brave Forrest siege which is pretty fun; not as good as 3.0 but it's great fun for leveling up characters and one of the only non-Toybox ways to play with 1.0 characters.

curb

Banned
As a Clone Wars fan, I still can't get enough of this.

m8gDeX.gif

The worst part is that I just want three or four more of these playsets.

curb

Banned
Hopefully we'll get some more cool community stuff soon; I'd settle for a dedicated Rebels set though.

That would be good. Hopefully they'll do some of specific community challenges to get people doing Star Wars levels.

There's a Sabine community level that they've featured a bit that I was checking out. It wasn't bad but I must of messed something up as I got kicked back to the main menu after the first section. I'm going to go back to it tonight.

Quake1028

So Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box starter set is on sale today at Best Buy for $15, or $12 for GCU.

My question is, is it worth it to buy if I have no interest in the Marvel playsets, don't care for the characters included and am interested in the advance game-making tools in 3.0?

I.e. is it worth it just to have? Does Stitch or the Brave girl have any unique abilities?

I'm wondering about this as well. I don't know much about Infinity, but my daughter would love the Mickey Mouse figure for 2.0. I just don't know what I need to actually "play" as Mickey.

Shang

Trying to decide whether I want to dive into this game-- I played 1.0 and 2.0 and felt that they were too simple, and sort of lifeless. Also the frame rate was rough. Did any of this get improved in 3.0?

Trying to decide whether I want to dive into this game-- I played 1.0 and 2.0 and felt that they were too simple, and sort of lifeless. Also the frame rate was rough. Did any of this get improved in 3.0?
As someone who felt the same way about 1 and 2, yeah absolutely. The new combat feels great and the redone vehicles finally don't suck. The play sets so far are all really well made and offer something unique, and Takeover and Speedway finally give us structured dev-made content to use ALL figures in (minus Cars in Takeover).

If you liked the idea but disliked the execution in 1.0 or 2.0 you should give 3.0 a try. It's hugely improved.

I agree with what was said above me. It's definitely worth playing as someone who stuck with 1 and 2 only because it's Disney. 3.0 is much better. Still doesn't have that quality feel of Skylanders but it's much closer.

So, there's a Walmart set with 9 marvel characters in it. Would you ladies and gents recommend getting them and just use them in 3.0? I'm new to the game. Are they of better use in 3.0 or do they play/look the same? Thanks!

Mattiator

A little out of place, I grabbed disney 3.0 and loved it so decided when I saw disney 2.0 avengers to grab it ( it was on sale 20$.) Are there any good playsets from 2.0?? Thanks :)

image_1.jpg

Fucking Walmart! Let's put it out on the shelf and not allow us to buy it! Walmart, you broke our hearts!!

Street dates are the dumbest fucking thing in the business. The idea that something can be on the shelf, but they can tell you that you can't buy it, is utter bull shit. Yeah, it was an incompetent mistake by an employee who didn't give a shit about that job that put it there, but that's not your fault.

Snaku

Banned
Had $50 in Amazon gift cards, and noticed the PS4 3.0 bundle was on sale for $94. Decided to finally jump in. Gimme dat Fett!

graffix13

Is the Rise of the Empire playset for sale as a stand alone next week? Also the Vader, Han, and Chewie figures?

I ordered Boba Fett through ebay and have been playing him the last few days. He's great...maybe my favorite next to Anakin (I also have Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Yoda, and Zeb. Haven't played Sabine yet).

curb

Banned
Is the Rise of the Empire playset for sale as a stand alone next week? Also the Vader, Han, and Chewie figures?

I ordered Boba Fett through ebay and have been playing him the last few days. He's great...maybe my favorite next to Anakin (I also have Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Yoda, and Zeb. Haven't played Sabine yet).

I believe the RotE stuff is the 29th.

Ludist210

So I'm trying to star every mission in Twilight of the Republic, and for the life of me I hate the Jedi Arena. I started and finished Arena 4 with Ahsoka and the secondary requirement said to complete it with her...so I did. And I didn't get the star for it.

Maybe because I died in the middle and just restarted from the checkpoint?

Also, whoever set the 1:35.00 gold medal in Landspeeder Leader should be forced to get twenty gold medals every day for a week before they can go home. It took me almost an hour to get that one.

graffix13

So I'm trying to star every mission in Twilight of the Republic, and for the life of me I hate the Jedi Arena. I started and finished Arena 4 with Ahsoka and the secondary requirement said to complete it with her...so I did. And I didn't get the star for it.

Maybe because I died in the middle and just restarted from the checkpoint?

Also, whoever set the 1:35.00 gold medal in Landspeeder Leader should be forced to get twenty gold medals every day for a week before they can go home. It took me almost an hour to get that one.

Yeah the game is buggy. I have completed every tutorial yet I did not get the trophy for it.

Not to mention the pain of trying to get an online game going (i.e. it's not going to happen).

curb

Banned
I'm overjoyed that we got all the Rebels figs. Minus Hera. =(

I didn't think it was going to happen, as good as the show is. But here we are with most of the crew.

I'd hope for an Inquisitor but I have major doubts.

I think the problem with an Inquisitor now is
which one seeing as we're getting two new ones and the one from the first season is toast

Ludist210

Yeah the game is buggy. I have completed every tutorial yet I did not get the trophy for it.

Not to mention the pain of trying to get an online game going (i.e. it's not going to happen).
Good to know it's 1. not just me and 2. not limited to the Wii U. I can't get online games going either.

Stanng243

You have to do the ones inside the doorways also. I've got the platinum on the PS3 version, so it is possible.

Ashtrax

So I finally loaded this up last night, but for some reason the rare DI 1.0 Tron customisation power disc didn't work. Is that only exclusive to 1.0?

Ludist210

Finally knocked out a few Jedi Arenas in Twilight of the Old Republic on Extreme. The funny thing is you get credit for clearing it with a specific character even if they die (as long as all of your characters don't die and you don't restart from the most recent checkpoint).

That doesn't really make sense, but I got a few more stars. I think I need about 30 more to completely finish the play set.

Also, Walmart had out a few Rise of the Empire play sets yesterday, so I took one to the register, and...it rung up. None of the new figures, but I have the play set with Luke & Leia. Yay!

graffix13

You have to do the ones inside the doorways also. I've got the platinum on the PS3 version, so it is possible.

Right, pretty sure I've done those. Clogsworth in the INterior (adding rooms, trim/walls), Woody who teaches you how to plant. The guy in the last Building/Logic portal who teaches you how to add stuff.

I can't think of anymore but I've been through every portal a few times just to see if there were any checkmarks I missed and I have them all complete.

curb

Banned
I finally got around to playing with the INterior stuff last night. Doesn't seem much different than 2.0 but working through it filled out a bit more of my Toy Box Hub.

I still want to know if the Jabba's castle does anything. I've thrown sidekicks into the door but nothing seems to happen.

Ludist210

Right, pretty sure I've done those. Clogsworth in the INterior (adding rooms, trim/walls), Woody who teaches you how to plant. The guy in the last Building/Logic portal who teaches you how to add stuff.

I can't think of anymore but I've been through every portal a few times just to see if there were any checkmarks I missed and I have them all complete.
Have you done the races, the adventure levels, and the action levels? Those all count too.

Stanng243

You have to do everything in the doors. If I remember correctly, the green door has 4 things to do, not just learning how to plant.

I finally got around to playing with the INterior stuff last night. Doesn't seem much different than 2.0 but working through it filled out a bit more of my Toy Box Hub.

I still want to know if the Jabba's castle does anything. I've thrown sidekicks into the door but nothing seems to happen.

Wait, so the Toy Box Hub grows depending on what you do in the game? I was wondering why there was this new mountain range near Tatooine last night. Must be because my kid has been going nuts designing stuff in INterior.

curb

Banned
Wait, so the Toy Box Hub grows depending on what you do in the game? I was wondering why there was this new mountain range near Tatooine last night. Must be because my kid has been going nuts designing stuff in INterior.

It does but I haven't been able to find out exactly what tasks add what things. A Jabba's palace shows up, the outside of the INterior house grows and a rock bridge forms over the race track. I found the glider backpack on top of the bridge. Apparently completing the Inside Out play set adds something too but I don't have that one.

Stanng243

if I only own 2.0, can I just (digitally) upgrade to 3.0? If I understand you correctly, the answer is yes, no?

Yes. You won't have any of the new playsets unless you buy them, but the portal will work as long as the system is the same. The 360/xbox one portals only work on their own system. The Playstation and wii portals are interchangable.

For those of you who were waiting, the Luke/Leia playset will be on sale at BB for $25 next week.

Nice, nice, nice! $20 with GCU!

Do you know if the figures will be on sale? Already have the playset, but I'm expecting a sale to fight the new lego game.

Edit: Oops, double post.

Cheapassgamer has the ad details up. Only lists the $25 OT Playset, along with separate deal of a free figure when purchasing the starter pack. Doesn't look like they're offering any discounts on Han, Chewie, or Darth Vader. Hopefully Target will come through on that end. Another 2 for $20 would be perfect, as I'm waiting for Light FX Vader anyway.

If anyone's a fan of Spider-man, or black spider-man specifically, I was able to pick up a Vita bundle for Disney Infinity 2.0, which is still currently the only way to get a black suit Spider-man figure. The reason I mention this, is this bundle was going for $60 at gamestop last time I checked, but today I went in there and the price was lowered to $25.

He is counted as a 3.0 figure I believe in the new games, since I think he only worked with the Vita version of 2.0? I might be wrong.

curb

Banned
If anyone's a fan of Spider-man, or black spider-man specifically, I was able to pick up a Vita bundle for Disney Infinity 2.0, which is still currently the only way to get a black suit Spider-man figure. The reason I mention this, is this bundle was going for $60 at gamestop last time I checked, but today I went in there and the price was lowered to $25.

He is counted as a 3.0 figure I believe in the new games, since I think he only worked with the Vita version of 2.0? I might be wrong.

He is counted as a 3.0 figure but I do think he worked in all versions of 2.0. At least, I seem to recall using him in the PS4 version.

It was $40 recently, but it looks like they just dropped it to $25.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/gam...dition-starter-pack-gamestop-exclusive/121302

I own a Vita, and I'd like black suit Spidey, but I'm not sure if I want to drop $25 on him. Decisions, decisions...

Megatron

I am picking the vita version of di2 up today. It was $40 for a few weeks, I finally caved and decided to pay that and found the price had gone back to $60 that day. (The stickers still said 40) so $25 sounds good to me.

Top Bottom