• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

curb

Banned
So, how is it that we still don't know who the rest of the characters are? I don't get how this game hasn't been datamined yet.

I would guess that none of the assets or information for the other characters are actually a part of the game or on their website yet. It'll likely all come in later patches.

If anything leaks, it seems to be from the physical manufacturing or packaging process.

RK128

So, how is it that we still don't know who the rest of the characters are? I don't get how this game hasn't been datamined yet.

They don't have all the data on the disk; a lot of the content coming to Infinity (the other four Marvel characters, remaining Disney/Pixar characters, Star Wars Ep. VII characters, Battleground Playset) are coming through patches when the figures/playsets release at retail.

They don't want to leak things again like with 2.0 (the two Tron characters leaked for example), so 3.0 and likely future releases will follow that idea.

Thankfully, we (mostly) have an idea on what's coming down the line, so waiting for the news isn't that bad honestly :).

curb

Banned
If I recall correctly, the Inside Out characters leaked only because of packaging shots from China. Sure, there wasn't a game at this point but it seems like Disney is really working hard on keeping this stuff locked up tight.

Edit: I looked it up and most of the leaks have come from retailer listing. There was a packaging leak for 3.0 though:

disney-infinity-3.jpg

curb

Banned
I'm looking to buy one more character. Ezra or Sabine?

Do you want another lightsaber character? They both have a ranged blaster weapon so the lightsaber is the main combat difference. Ezra's force jump is super high but Sabine has the tech skill. They're both fun to play as. I think I like Ezra just a bit more.

Am I missing something or does this not really have party support? I'd love it if we could just run around in each other's Hubs too.

Basically gimme Destiny's Fireteam system. I want to play with my buddy without constantly re-inviting each other.

To me the power discs are a waste

If you aren't into building Worlds than the Terrain and Skybox discs are useless.
The costumes/abilities, Team-Up, Area Attack are great.
The vehicle and toy discs are also great but not necessary.

Also..
If you aren't using this combo when leveling you should start now.

GkVD0nd.jpg

5UF249U.jpg

jwk94

So I just finished the Twilight of the Republic story mode. I gotta say that ending sucked. I thought we'd
keep going after Darth Maul for one final battle but nope, it just ends.
and the fact that it ends as soon as you're super strong really sucks.

TheYanger

So I just finished the Twilight of the Republic story mode. I gotta say that ending sucked. I thought we'd
keep going after Darth Maul for one final battle but nope, it just ends.
and the fact that it ends as soon as you're super strong really sucks.

Get more toys so that you hit 20 faster! ;)

I just hit 16 or 17 on my Asoka a few missions into Tatooine.

If you aren't into building Worlds than the Terrain and Skybox discs are useless.
The costumes/abilities, Team-Up, Area Attack are great.
The vehicle and toy discs are also great but not necessary.

Also..
If you aren't using this combo when leveling you should start now.

GkVD0nd.jpg

5UF249U.jpg
I try to use two power discs, but my character loses connect constantly.

nubbe

this game is starting to feel like I wanted it to be from the first version
such a good step up from 2.0
all the different aspects are starting to merge into perfection

curb

Banned
PS4 arcade connection issue patch coming in November according to JV's Twitter. I would assume the other versions are coming around that time but he didn't mention those.

Has anyone been able to get the arcade to work on PS4? I've gotten groups of 3, but a fourth person hasn't shown up.

I did about four more than what the trophy requires. It's doable but it takes absolutely forever. I probably had to wait 20 minutes or so per game just to get into a workable game. Sometimes I'd do all the waiting in a lobby just waiting for people to join, sometimes we'd all get in and it would crash during loading.

fernoca

They've always been open to patches.

For example, 1.0 on Wii U lacked Pro Controller support and screenshot features (through Miiverse) at launch. Both were patched a bit later.

nubbe

As a Clone Wars fan, I still can't get enough of this.

m8gDeX.gif

The worst part is that I just want three or four more of these playsets.

I thought Twilight of the Republic was pretty decent until I played Rise Against the Empire

These Star Wars playsets are too damn short

curb

Banned
I thought Twilight of the Republic was pretty decent until I played Rise Against the Empire

These Star Wars playsets are too damn short

I liked Twilight a lot better. Empire does nostalgic fan service really well and the space combat scenes are better but Twilight's story seemed to flow better which I like. They're both great though and yes, they're definitely too short.

Well, playsets are supposed to Be short, since its software budget isn't like a full game (The playset comes with 2 figures and costa half of a full game).

One thing I think DI can improve is to allow separetely full games that use the figures. Basically transforming the playsets in separeted full games. Making DI more like a platform than just a single game. It would allow better experiences since budget and schedule of the releases would be independent. Keep the Main DI as a toybox experience plus minigames like Takeover and Speedway.

curb

Banned
Well, playsets are supposed to Be short, since its software budget isn't like a full game (The playset comes with 2 figures and costa half of a full game).

One thing I think DI can improve is to allow separetely full games that use the figures. Basically transforming the playsets in separeted full games. Making DI more like a platform than just a single game. It would allow better experiences since budget and schedule of the releases would be independent. Keep the Main DI as a toybox experience plus minigames like Takeover and Speedway.

DI isn't budget software though. If the playsets are meant to be short, it's because their aimed at kids and families. Kids don't have the same kind of attention spans as adults.

I'm all for them trying to leverage it more as a platform instead of annualized releases though.

enewtabie

Picked up a PS4 Saga Bundle last night and did a unboxing video(my first). Too bad it was so late I couldn't try it out. I'll get into it this afternoon,but I'm excited to try something different that's not a shooter at this point.

curb

Banned
A while back there was some talk of hoping for some good Rebels levels. If you're a Rebels fan, you should probably check out this level if you haven't already. I was really impressed with it.

A while back there was some talk of hoping for some good Rebels levels. If you're a Rebels fan, you should probably check out this level if you haven't already. I was really impressed with it.

Yeah, I mentioned it in this thread a week or so ago. I was really impressed with it as well. Although I haven't played a ton of Toybox levels from 2.0 or 3.0, this was probably the best that I have played.

curb

Banned
Yeah, I mentioned it in this thread a week or so ago. I was really impressed with it as well. Although I haven't played a ton of Toybox levels from 2.0 or 3.0, this was probably the best that I have played.

Sorry I missed it. Well, more people should play it since it's really well done.

I find that I'm starting to check the curated levels a bit more now. There's definitely some good stuff out there.

graffix13

Picked up the Vader figure and Empire play set last week. Got Vader to level 20 now I'm working on Luke. I like how Luke swings his lightsaber and he also has a blaster which is really nice. I don't like his voice actor though. Way too whiny.

I have yet to buy/play as: Sabine, Han, Chewie, Kanan, or Ezra. I've played everyone else and I'd probably put my Top 3 like this:

1) Darth Vader
2) Boba Fett
3) Luke

Vader's choke hold and saber throw just puts him over the top. Not to mention he's Darth effing Vader and looks bad ass.

Ludist210

I've mostly finished Rise Against the Empire now...just looking to wrap up a few more missions with all stars (I think I'm 81/88). Vader is my favorite of that series. He's just such a boss.

curb

Banned
I need to put some more time into my Vader - I've barely used him.

I spent some time using Ezra last night and I really like his saber/blaster combo. I like that his blaster fire is unique and reflective of how it is on the show.

graffix13

Thinking about what TFA characters they are going to release. It looks like from the character coin screen, there are 5 open spots.

My guess for TFA characters: Finn, Rey, Poe, Phasma, and Kylo.

curb

Banned
Thinking about what TFA characters they are going to release. It looks like from the character coin screen, there are 5 open spots.

My guess for TFA characters: Finn, Rey, Poe, Phasma, and Kylo.

I think Phasma is the only wildcard there - the other four seem very likely to me. The only hitch to me is that doing a Phasma figure seems to break their 4 heroes + 1 villain pattern but I'm sure that's certainly not a hard firm rule. I think they'd be silly to not do a Phasma figure.

The more I think of it, the more they need to do a Ventress. Need.

MrBlonde

I just picked this up last weekend to play with the kids, played a little Star Wars with my 4yr old, its a little tough for him but fantastic feature of letting my carry his character on hard plat forming parts so we did ok.

I was under the impression with Toy Box I would need to buy a bunch of power discs which is not that case, there is plenty of stuff to customize your world which is great! They love toy box, really cool being able to make your own little world and just mess around, they played for hours. I even ordered Jack Skellington and his sky and Halloween decoration power discs on Ebay yesterday :)

Any word on the Mario Kart style DLC that is supposed to be coming? Is that a playset add on or just something that can be bought and downloaded? We are definitely interested in that.

curb

Banned
Any word on the Mario Kart style DLC that is supposed to be coming? Is that a playset add on or just something that can be bought and downloaded? We are definitely interested in that.

Toy Box Speedway is a physical item that will go on sale this month. It's like a play set piece that goes on the base.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My nephew in Wisconsin messaged me on Sunday to ask if he could watch me play since he doesn't have the game, and we ended up share playing the game couch co-op style for 2 hours instead. Lol.

I'm very, very impressed with the functionality of the share play feature on the PS4. My internet connection is really good, so he said there was minimal lag; very manageable. I never used the feature before, but we'll play it again later this week. He may decide to buy it later when he gets some cash. He played as Leia for session 1, then switched to Obi-Wan for the next session.

Even though you can only share play for an hour at a time, it's kind of a nice way to manage a gameplay session. I usually don't get more than one or two hours to play anyway these days.

I need to pick up a few more figures, but the target by my house, and the one by my job only have a few figures that I already have. I've so far maxed out Anakin and Boba Fett, and I'm working on Luke now.

MrBlonde

Toy Box Speedway is a physical item that will go on sale this month. It's like a play set piece that goes on the base.

nice, looking forward to that, thanks

I still don't understand why they wont do a Nightmare Before Xmas playset? Maybe on of these days but doesn't look like it.

curb

Banned
nice, looking forward to that, thanks

I still don't understand why they wont do a Nightmare Before Xmas playset? Maybe on of these days but doesn't look like it.

They seem to be staying fairly current with their play sets. Gotta leverage that synergy.

Top Bottom