• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

graffix13

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but your character progress is saved to the actual figure, right?

So if I wipe my game save data and start over, my characters will still retain their levels correct? I just want to be sure.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but your character progress is saved to the actual figure, right?

So if I wipe my game save data and start over, my characters will still retain their levels correct? I just want to be sure.

You are correct. There is an option somewhere in the menus to reset your figure(s), which is not tied to game saves.

You are correct. There is an option somewhere in the menus to reset your figure(s), which is not tied to game saves.

Huh, I had no idea that option to reset was there. I guess that would come in handy if you've burned through the two free reallocations of points but don't like the build you ended up with for a figure.

nubbe

It is kinda mixed

If I use a character on 2.0 and import it to 3.0, the level will carry over but then they will develop separately.

I can wipe a character on 3.0, use it with 2.0 and get back the data that was on 2.0

I would guess that save file works like a backup and the data stored on the figure belongs to the newest owner.

One thing is for sure, if you don't have Toy Box Takeover, you need to spend $20 and get it. It's a lot of fun, especially with multiplayer.

I can't wait to see what the kart racer has in store for us.

Vinland

Banned
I just started playing it this weekend after I got the Star Wars saga set. I then went out and got Sabine! I really like the game so far. Can't wait to see the speedway. Hopefully they do a Star Wars pod racer speed way at some point.

nubbe

Boba Fett is my favorite char, he does everything I want
But he run like...
1smidn8.gif

Really disappointed in Quorra, her hook can't hit for shit

Marvel need to step up their female representation

jwk94

So I started looking at how some of the other characters play... I want the Tron people and so many other figures now. Guys, this wasn't supposed to happen!

RK128

It really is. They have so many characters they could do. This should be a power disc. (I'm assuming it's a figure from).

Further Marvel Battlegrounds and pics

I'm not impressed so far.

Is this taking up a character slot, or is this similar to Black Suit Spiderman (where he is a 'new' version, but doesn't take up a slot for new characters)?

If it is the former....that is really damn stupid; we have a Captain America and if you want to make a new one, then save it for Civil War for 4.0 (with it being a bundle with him plus a female hero). If his moveset really is brand new, than I hope its enjoyable to mess around with at least.

If this is the latter though, no big deal :). Nice to have a different version of Captain American and it having new gameplay features will make playing as him fun :D.

curb

Banned
Is this taking up a character slot, or is this similar to Black Suit Spiderman (where he is a 'new' version, but doesn't take up a slot for new characters)?

If it is the former....that is really damn stupid; we have a Captain America and if you want to make a new one, then save it for Civil War for 4.0 (with it being a bundle with him plus a female hero). If his moveset really is brand new, than I hope its enjoyable to mess around with at least.

If this is the latter though, no big deal :). Nice to have a different version of Captain American and it having new gameplay features will make playing as him fun :D.

It sounds like this is taking a figure slot. He's a whole separate character with a completely new 3.0 move set so I'm guessing he counts as one of the remaining figures.

Given that this is coming out a couple months before Cap 3, my bet is that Battlegrounds is the closest thing we'll get to a Civil War play set.

curb

Banned
For those not interested in reading up on Battlegrounds here's a recap I came across:

-Four Player Arena Style Gameplay
-Full compatibility of all 2.0 Marvel characters.
-Enhanced abilities and skills of 2.0 Marvel characters.
-Original Story
-Battle in Brooklyn train yard, Wakanda, and SHEILD Lunar Base.
-Available March 2016

Wakanda? Hmmmm.

curb

Banned
Ugh. That's really not what I was hoping for. I've almost completely lost interest now. Will wait for more details this weekend but man, I am not a fan of what's in that trailer.

mreddie

The Power Stone comparisons early on make sense but another Steve? Really?

Why do I get the feeling Antman won't be revealed til the Civil War trailer is out?

Three arenas too? Huh?

curb

Banned
The Power Stone comparisons early on make sense but another Steve? Really?

Why do I get the feeling Antman won't be revealed til the Civil War trailer is out?

Three arenas too? Huh?

I hope they don't drag the rest of the Marvel reveals out. They can trickle Star Wars info out but lets just get the Marvel stuff out there.

I fully expect them to drag the rest of the Marvel reveals out.

mreddie

I hope they don't drag the rest of the Marvel reveals out. They can trickle Star Wars info out but lets just get the Marvel stuff out there.

I fully expect them to drag the rest of the Marvel reveals out.

I do expect the reveals to drag, especially since Battlegrounds seems to be tied to Civil War.

May explain why the SDCC Antman reveal was canned at the last minute.

curb

Banned
I do expect the reveals to drag, especially since Battlegrounds seems to be tied to Civil War.

May explain why the SDCC Antman reveal was canned at the last minute.

I did not know about that. I thought it was funny for them to tease it on Twitter and then say nothing further about it.

jwk94

Well the battlegrounds playset is kind of disappointing. I was hoping jt was an actual playset and not an arena Powerstone brawler. Oh well, I'll still get it.

mreddie

I did not know about that. I thought it was funny for them to tease it on Twitter and then say nothing further about it.

Remember this?

disney.jpg

Apparently the SDCC livestream of Toy Box was gonna be about Antman but just as they we're gonna reveal it, Disney's lawyers told them to can it.

fenners

I'd be for the Battlegrounds if I could play 4 people locally. It would be a no brainer.

The blurb on the youtube video says:

Evil forces scheme for world conquest as they pit Marvel’s greatest Super Heroes against each other! It’s an all out brawl in Marvel Battlegrounds! Battle up to 3 opponents in the arena with 4-person local multiplayer. Customize your game with up to six Round Marvel Power Discs per match. Select Super Heroes and Villains from your ENTIRE collection of Marvel characters in Disney Infinity.

Hmmm.

curb

Banned
Remember this?

disney.jpg

Apparently the SDCC livestream of Toy Box was gonna be about Antman but just as they we're gonna reveal it, Disney's lawyers told them to can it.

That's the tease I referred to. It's kinda crappy that Marvel's being so controlling over this stuff.

The new Captain America figure is based on the MCU character. Makes sense considering Age of Ultron and Civil War cross promotion. The previous Avengers playset was based on the Animated Series.

Well that is bad because the odds of seeing the twins on DI is even lower now. Quicksilver is not on Civil War and we may get a MCU version of Falcon instead of Wanda...

curb

Banned
The new Captain America figure is based on the MCU character. Makes sense considering Age of Ultron and Civil War cross promotion. The previous Avengers playset was based on the Animated Series.

Well that is bad because the odds of seeing the twins on DI is even lower now. Quicksilver is not on Civil War and we may get a MCU version of Falcon instead of Wanda...

There's already a power disc for Falcon's MCU costume. They better not waste another figure on something like that. Wanda's in Civil War - I bet she gets a figure. They need to do at least one new female figure.

RK128

Marvel Battlegrounds trailer. proceed to be disappointed at the new figure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi4PF4XK10w

So its a Power Stone clone from the looks of things? Not bad, as the Marvel cast has a lot of moves to play with and with some well designed levels alongside a revamped combat system for the 2.0 Figures, it could be interesting :).

Still, nothing special and a bit disappointing (was expecting something along the lines of the X-Men Legends games when they said 4-Player support).

The worst part is that thanks to this new Captain American figure, we don't know what to expect from the 3.0 Marvel figures now. I mean, before I guessed this:
-Scarlet Witch
-Quicksilver
-Vision
-Ant-Man

Ant-Man was teased in the past so he is bound to be in 3.0 and Scarlet could be a great female character to bundle the Battlegrounds playset with (New Cap and Scarlet Witch + Playset Piece). So, that leaves two slots open and I could see any of the following to become a figure:
-New Black Widow Figure (MCU)
-New Falcon Figure (MCU)
-New Spider-Man Figure (MCU)
-Vision (Age of Ultron)

There's already a power disc for Falcon's MCU costume. They better not waste another figure on something like that. Wanda's in Civil War - I bet she gets a figure. They need to do at least one new female figure.

There is a disc for Black Suit Spiderman. There is disc for Yondu.

Cap could have been a disc. Hulkbuster could have been a disc.

My point is that they will make figures of whatever they think will sell better.

Without Quicksilver the odds of Wanda are lower. How many slots are left?

With Civil War in mind my bets change to Vision, Ant-man, Winter Soldier and maybe Falcon, sadly.

RK128

My point is that they will make figures of whatever they think will sell better.

With Civil War in mind my bets change to Vision, Ant-man, Winter Soldier and maybe Falcon, sadly.

Edit: With the MCU Cap being added in the game, we have three more slots for Marvel Characters left

That would be okay, but then we have no new female hero/villan for the Marvel content in 3.0; would stick out badly against the Disney line of female characters (Sadness, Joy, Disgust, Minnie Mouse, Mulan, Quora) and Star Wars female characters. I feel that at least Scarlet Witch would have a spot in the 3.0 roster but that is it for the Age of Ultron characters though.

My best for Marvel figures now are the following:
-Hulkbuster Iron Man (announced)
-Ultron (announced)
-MCU Captain America (announced)
-Scarlet Witch
-MCU Spider Man or Falcon
-Vision or Quicksilver

curb

Banned

Good point. Cap is top-tier MCU though so I still doubt they'll do Winter Soldier or a redone Falcon over Scarlet Witch. They can't not do a female characters.

RK128

Good point. Cap is top-tier MCU though so I still doubt they'll do Winter Soldier or a redone Falcon over Scarlet Witch. They can't not do a female characters.

I feel that way too; we will be getting at least one female Marvel Hero/Villain with 3.0.

Muppet345

We're getting AntMan and I think Scarlet Witch is a shoe-in because MCU isn't flush with prominent female characters and they need to do one of those (remember the confusion when DI 1.0 launched without any of the Disney princesses? and how pissed people got about the lack of general Black Widow toys?). I don't know about the other one.

CQzBKbkWsAA3mjv.jpg

The figure looks *great* but I really hope they don't do a bunch of variants. I'm not going to double-dip on these things. I'll stick with 2.0 Captain until I can grab the new one in a sale for like $5 or less.

curb

Banned
The figure looks *great* but I really hope they don't do a bunch of variants. I'm not going to double-dip on these things. I'll stick with 2.0 Captain until I can grab the new one in a sale for like $5 or less.

Same here. That seems like such a waste when they're already doing costume discs.

Muppet345

Same here. That seems like such a waste when they're already doing costume discs.
It's odd because the costume discs are very popular. Releasing a 4-pack of costume discs with Marvel Battlegrounds would go over well and MCU Captain would have fit in with that.

But I understand that Disney Infinity is first and foremost a way to get sales synergy with Disney's new releases, so I suppose this would have been hard to avoid with Marvel. Netflix's Daredevil wasn't exactly for children and besides GOTG all the 2.0 characters were based on the cartoons.

Top Bottom