• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

NYCC was a bit of a bust for as much as they were hyping it, but it was a nice look at gameplay. More to follow in next week's ToyBoxTV episode.

Question: have the tracks in Speedway been listed? I still foolishly hold out hope for something like the Mickey & Friends track we played in the intro.

jwk94

Something like that, they talked about it briefly at the panel. They've beens aying it was 4p co op the whole time though, that's why they were making a big deal - you could always play 4 player online so that wouldn't have been anything new.

Well they should extend that to single player. The worst thing about this series is having to get up to change characters. If I could queue up a few characters at the start of each session, I'd be so happy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My 12 yo son and I like to do the Jedi Academy waves together. Just free exp basically.

We haven't even used Anakin or Ahsoka yet. We always are Obi and Yoda. LoL

I was real close to picking up some other Star Wars figures today but I'm still holding out for the LightFX versions. If the only difference is physical (light) than I only want one. I'm not going for 100% with all the convention only pieces coming out over the years anyways. I just want to 100% the in-game feats! :p

Guess I'll work on some of these race challenges again. -_-

mcz117chief

Hi, guys. I just bought Disney Infinity and I was messing around for a few hours. So far am I really enjoying it.

I just have one question though. I have played a user created mission which takes place in Mulan's village and the surrounding area and there are a ton of Chinese building and Mulan set pieces which aren't in the toy box store. Where can I get them?

jwk94

Hi, guys. I just bought Disney Infinity and I was messing around for a few hours. So far am I really enjoying it.

I just have one question though. I have played a user created mission which takes place in Mulan's village and the surrounding area and there are a ton of Chinese building and Mulan set pieces which aren't in the toy box store. Where can I get them?
I haven' messed around with Toy Box at all (I'm surprised by how much content there is for people who don't want to touch that mode) so I can't tell you for sure, but I believe you need to unlock it.

curb

Banned
So I finally got a chance to watch the Battlegrounds match video. It's still not what I was hoping for in a new Marvel set. That being said, I feel that the 2.0 Marvel sets fell a little flat so they do need to mix it up.

I did see somewhere that there's a story and progression and whatnot so that helps. I'm hoping it's not just Marvel characters on character fights.

mcz117chief

I haven' messed around with Toy Box at all (I'm surprised by how much content there is for people who don't want to touch that mode) so I can't tell you for sure, but I believe you need to unlock it.

unlock it how? By just playing or do you mean buying in in the store?

unlock it how? By just playing or do you mean buying in in the store?

Discs.

Mulans_Countryside-Power-Disc.jpg

jwk94

Discs.

http://www.iheartinfinity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Mulans_Countryside-Power-Disc.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[quote="nubbe, post: 181335032"]Some things need a power disc to be used

The Middle Kingdom
Mulan's Countryside[/QUOTE]
This is incredibly disappointing. I'm glad that doesn't affect the single player. But it'd be cool to use some of those things in Toybox Takeover.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Zulith pls

Best Buy just put them up too! Power Disc set is still coming soon though.

We are unstoppable!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Also, the discs aren't much of a "mystery" since Amazon describes them (which will probably be taken down ASAP):

Includes 4 Power Discs: FINN'S STORMTROOPER COSTUME, POE'S RESISTANCE JACKET, RESISTANCE TACTICAL STRIKE, QUAD JUMPER

Tendo

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice! Can target cartwheel be used on pre-orders?

I don't know if there is a way but I think no.

cartwheel only works in-store as far as I know and I don't think you can do pre-orders at target unless it has one of those cards.

But if you figure out a way, please let us know

They really are great. I'm still amazed at the leap in quality since 2.0.

I only have a couple of 2.0 figures, Captain America and Nick Fury, but the difference is astonishing. I'm not even mad that Cap has a 3.0 version, because the quality speaks for itself.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
NYCC was a bit of a bust for as much as they were hyping it, but it was a nice look at gameplay. More to follow in next week's ToyBoxTV episode.

Question: have the tracks in Speedway been listed? I still foolishly hold out hope for something like the Mickey & Friends track we played in the intro.

Sugar Rush
Aladdin
Monsters Inc.
Nightmare Before Christmas
Gravity Falls
Star Wars: Tatooine
Frozen
Big Hero 6
Guardians of the Galaxy

RK128

Sugar Rush
Aladdin
Monsters Inc.
Nightmare Before Christmas
Gravity Falls
Star Wars: Tatooine
Frozen
Big Hero 6
Guardians of the Galaxy

Nice line up of tracks and its great to see Gravity Falls being represented as a track :D! Love the cartoon and its great to see it get more exposure through Infinity 3.0 :). Considering all the other tracks have Infinity figures but Gravity Falls, I wonder if this is an hint toward Dipper and/or Mable coming into 3.0 down the line....

So that means the Force Awakens will take up four Star Wars slots then :). Considering we have (I think?) 3-5 more, I could picture us getting one or two Clone Wars villains, another Jedi from prequels and a new Force Awakens villain.

curb

Banned
So that means the Force Awakens will take up four Star Wars slots then :). Considering we have (I think?) 3-5 more, I could picture us getting one or two Clone Wars villains, another Jedi from prequels and a new Force Awakens villain.

Well, there was nine spots on the board and Finn and Rey weren't on that version. There should be five spots left unless they've changed their plans which is entirely possible.

curb

Banned
I'm going to pick up a stars wars play set tonight with the target cartwheel coupon. Which is considered the best/most fun?

I think the thread has been pretty split between the two. Both are good. Empire is more open, fetch-questy with the nostalgia factor. Twilight is more action oriented and a bit more story-driven. I prefer Twilight but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

RK128

Well, there was nine spots on the board and Finn and Rey weren't on that version. There should be five spots left unless they've changed their plans which is entirely possible.

So I guess add another FA or Clone Wars character in that case then :). Regardless, its nice we got a lot of the major Star Wars characters with 3.0; all the big ones got figures and even some of the newer elements of the universe (Rebels and Force Awakens) are getting significant representation :).

I'm totally out of the loop on this stuff, but is there any word regarding the PC release date?
I'd like to know this as well!
I think the thread has been pretty split between the two. Both are good. Empire is more open, fetch-questy with the nostalgia factor. Twilight is more action oriented and a bit more story-driven. I prefer Twilight but I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Twilight it is then!

Is this game ok for a 5 year old kid ? Or is it too complicated ?

It's fine for young kids, but you might want to help them out if they have to navigate the in-game menus. They can be a little clunky.

Help them download some toy boxes they're interested in so they don't have to build their own places to play around.

Achtius

CQzBKbkWsAA3mjv.jpg

The figure looks *great* but I really hope they don't do a bunch of variants. I'm not going to double-dip on these things. I'll stick with 2.0 Captain until I can grab the new one in a sale for like $5 or less.

That looks amazing. I just got the 2.0 version few days ago, I guess I am going to return him and get this one.

nubbe

Is this game ok for a 5 year old kid ? Or is it too complicated ?

violence is never complicated
you beat the shit out of your opponents until you win :p

but srsly, Toy Box is pretty advanced, but fun

the playsets are easy and I think the "Inside Out" is perfect for younglings
Easier than Mario games

fernoca

The Force Awakens' figures look great. Curently missing Chewbacca of the SW figures so far. Might get the light Vader and Luke figures too.

MrBlonde

I just picked up toy box takeover and speedway, looking forward to playing these with the kids this weekend. I think my 4yr old will love takeover, he just wants to "fight bad guys" and this looks like that's pretty much all u do. He gets a little frustrated with the Star Wars level although we are not that far yet..... Do any of the characters work with the speedway???? Also just a heads up if u need both of these they are two for $30 at toys r us, I had target price match on my way to work

I just picked up toy box takeover and speedway, looking forward to playing these with the kids this weekend. I think my 4yr old will love takeover, he just wants to "fight bad guys" and this looks like that's pretty much all u do. He gets a little frustrated with the Star Wars level although we are not that far yet..... Do any of the characters work with the speedway???? Also just a heads up if u need both of these they are two for $30 at toys r us, I had target price match on my way to work

All characters work with speedway.

Top Bottom