• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

gotee12

Anybody looking to do some trading of power discs? I've been making use of the NeoGAF spreadsheet, but really only need a Dumbo to complete my set.

I have the other two rares to trade, along with a bunch of extras from the regular set.

Side note: is there a thread for disc trading? Is there even interest in it?
I'm not having much luck from the spreadsheet anymore. Heck, I'm still waiting on trades from two weeks ago to be mailed to me. :(

Oh yea, I forgot about that spread sheet.

I could definitely offload some of my dupes.

Extra Dumbo, Extra Buzz among others.

Looking for Mike's Car, Mickey's Jalopy and Sugar Rush...terrain?

Edit: By the sounds of it, Infinity GAF can't be trusted? Let me know if you get your discs. gotee12. I may just ebay these and use the money to get what I need.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So tomorrow's the TRU event. I wonder if there will be more than three people there. I was the only one at TRU on launch day for a good hour.

Either way I need anything Tron now. It Beckons me.

gotee12

Edit: By the sounds of it, Infinity GAF can't be trusted? Let me know if you get your discs. gotee12. I may just ebay these and use the money to get what I need.

I'm sure I'm more the exception than the rule.

Though I will say here that if anyone wants to sell their extra Buzz Astro Blaster, Abu or Nemo's terrain to PM me. I gots the cash if you gots the discs...

SegaShack

Was able to get a significant discount on this due to knowing a corporate employee, got the starter pack (360) and Lone Ranger pack. Am waiting for it in the mail. I have a few questions though.

Is the power disc included with the starter pack a random one or is it the same? Is it possible to get a rare with the starter pack?

To download featured levels or upload levels on the 360 version do you need Xbox Live Gold?

eggwolio

Was able to get a significant discount on this due to knowing a corporate employee, got the starter pack (360) and Lone Ranger pack. Am waiting for it in the mail. I have a few questions though.

Is the power disc included with the starter pack a random one or is it the same? Is it possible to get a rare with the starter pack?

To download featured levels or upload levels on the 360 version do you need Xbox Live Gold?

The disc in your starter pack is random. I think that gold is required for extra content, but don't quote me on that. I have gold and know that I was able to get the extra stuff, but I don't know if it would've worked without a gold account.

FlyFaster

how badass is this game?

I watched the Gametrailers review and it looks really fun. The world building aspect has me intrigued.

RobbieNick

So tomorrow's the TRU event. I wonder if there will be more than three people there. I was the only one at TRU on launch day for a good hour.

Either way I need anything Tron now. It Beckons me.

That pun made me Flynntch.

I didn't get Mike's New Car when it first came out? Should I go to TrU early for the Tron exclusive or do you think they'll have enough for everyone?

Carcetti

My kids seem to like this and I was so happily surprised by the physics block toys.

I just can't get over the fact that none of the Disney characters I love and that I think of when I hear 'Disney' are in the game but the Lone Ranger is.

eastmen

Banned
My kids seem to like this and I was so happily surprised by the physics block toys.

I just can't get over the fact that none of the Disney characters I love and that I think of when I hear 'Disney' are in the game but the Lone Ranger is.

Don't worry nothing is going to stop this hype machine. By the time year 4 or 5 rolls around there will be characters from our grand parents time that we all have forgotten.

Carcetti

Don't worry nothing is going to stop this hype machine. By the time year 4 or 5 rolls around there will be characters from our grand parents time that we all have forgotten.

I hope so. I have no incentive to buy any of these current ones but I'd probably buy every inhabitant of Duckburg if they just were available.

XShagrath

Went to the TRU event today. Had a pretty good turnout and ended up trading for two discs I was missing, as well as getting the Tron disc.

Ended up giving quite a few of my duplicates to kids, even if they didn't have anything to trade.

Chairhome

Went to the TRU event today. Had a pretty good turnout and ended up trading for two discs I was missing, as well as getting the Tron disc.

Ended up giving quite a few of my duplicates to kids, even if they didn't have anything to trade.

Me too, i traded with people for things i didn't need. If anyone has Dumbo or the Elephant Abu, I'll trade 3 or more for each one, I have lost of duplicates. Those are the only ones I needed.

Heads up, my TRU kept the new power disc packs behind the counter so they wouldn't all get taken. I had to ask for one. Yay for Tron.

gotee12

Went to my TRU and then called the next nearest one. Both were sold out within 45 minutes of the new exclusive disc.

That's what I get for helping folks move into their new home and arriving late to the TRU party, lol.

Frazley

Got my discs and traded for a few discs I needed. One of the trades happened on the Internet. All in all a productive day! Definitely makes me nervous about the next round of discs. I hope to get all of the exclusives!

I completed my collection today! Now on to wave 2!

RobbieNick

Just came from the trading event (or course I'm the only middle-aged guy there), could not have gone better! Finally got Disc 10 (Sugar Rush Track) after the mistake on E-Bay and picked up the Tron disc I ordered online. Gave the Infinity attendee the rest of my repeat discs to hand out to the kids. Was in and out of there in about 10- 15 minutes.

Events like these make me feel a little better about buying those blind packs.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Went to TRU early and traded for some missing discs. At noon they set up a table and brought out the goods.

They had one pack and a loose disc. One.

Why? The manager accidentally put the whole case out at store opening, allowing people to buy them. When they realized their mistake, it was too late.

I was fortunate enough to be second in line, so I got the loose disc and a bonus Tangled dome. I felt really bad for the collectors and families that didn't get their disc.
A lot of hassle for a disc that basically does nothing because EXP is useless outside of getting character trophies.

Don't even get me started on the "trick-or-treat bag". It was literally a cheap disposable bag with the logo and some characters on the side. And coupons that expire today. Fun!

RobbieNick

Hmmmm.. My Tron disc came with a Tangled disc as well.

Has anyone noticed that any rares that get repeated tend to come with the exact same common? That's happened to me twice.

Just bought into Disney's Infinity money making machine with todays Toys'r'us sale. And I have a few power disc to trade if anybody needs these.

Have:

Rapunzel's Kingdom

Nemo's Seascape

Carl's Cane

Want:

Stitch's Blaster

Kahn the Horse

Cinderella's Coach

PM me if interested.

DarkWish

Went to the event at Toys "R" Us at 12:30 today and they were sold out of the Tron discs. There was one kid's father there to trade and he didn't have any I needed, but I still traded some of my extras anyways that he needed. So no Tron disc and I didn't get to trade with anyone for stuff I needed, but I did help someone out so that was nice at least.

I ended up getting what I needed off eBay and a friend got me an extra Tron disc he had. So it all worked out in the end.

I've finally decided, no more power discs for me. I just can't justify the money and effort it takes. I don't use any of the full set I already have. I may buy a few specific ones off eBay but that's it. Just the characters from now on.

RkOwnage

Selling my Disney Infinity set. The set includes All launch figures, leveled to 15, as well as almost all of the Power discs, only missing the Buzz and Dumbo rare discs, and one of the tangled Skydomes. Includes lots of duplicate power discs. The game is the WiiU verison, original packaging included.

Looking for $200 for the set

I hope so. I have no incentive to buy any of these current ones but I'd probably buy every inhabitant of Duckburg if they just were available.

Yep. They're missing out on an opportunity with DuckTales having just launched.

I'm upset ONLY Rapunzel is coming out. Why not a Tangled Play set with Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, then do Maximus?

Can't wait for Aladdin, Belle, Kuzco and the gang!

ReaperXL7

Yep. They're missing out on an opportunity with DuckTales having just launched.

I'm upset ONLY Rapunzel is coming out. Why not a Tangled Play set with Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, then do Maximus?

Can't wait for Aladdin, Belle, Kuzco and the gang!

Little mermaid comes out in just a couple months, they should have had a playset ready to go. Underwater Atlantis would have been awesome, and then have Ariels human form for the toybox.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They really dropped the ball on the amount of play sets. Wreck-It Ralph should've been a given, Planes would've been a fun aerial racer, and Phineas and Ferb could've involved creating fun inventions that served different purposes.
They could've at least released a Scrooge McDuck figure that came with a download code for DuckTales Remastered (and maybe his Lucky Dime power disc).

It would be an utter disappointment if Toy Story in Space is potentially the last play set for Disney Infinity. All we will look forward to are "Toy Box Exclusive" characters that can't even get to level 15 without spending an hour doing tricks in a car levitated by a fan.

It won't dissuade anyone from getting Ralph or Jack Skellington, but I want more than a few new toys and accessibility when $13 + tax can get me a Giant/Swapper Skylander that actually keeps its coins and has access to tons of upgrades.

SmithnCo

I'll buy some of the toyboy-only ones just because I want figures of them, but it is disappointing that there's not more playsets. They take a while to make I'm sure, but I would've loved a Tanged, WiR, Nightmare, or Frozen one.

I hope at least the Muppets get a playset if they introduce them as figures.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They really dropped the ball on the amount of play sets. Wreck-It Ralph should've been a given, Planes would've been a fun aerial racer, and Phineas and Ferb could've involved creating fun inventions that served different purposes.
They could've at least released a Scrooge McDuck figure that came with a download code for DuckTales Remastered (and maybe his Lucky Dime power disc).

It would be an utter disappointment if Toy Story in Space is potentially the last play set for Disney Infinity. All we will look forward to are "Toy Box Exclusive" characters that can't even get to level 15 without spending an hour doing tricks in a car levitated by a fan.

It won't dissuade anyone from getting Ralph or Jack Skellington, but I want more than a few new toys and accessibility when $13 + tax can get me a Giant/Swapper Skylander that actually keeps its coins and has access to tons of upgrades.

Toy Story is guaranteed to be the last play set.

FYC

Banned
I picked this up today. I am in love. It is really really realllly awesome so far.

I saw a funny tip on a load screen today. If someone takes your mount in a toybox session you can remove the hex disc and it'll despawn from them. Would be hilarious to do if someone was bragging about it too.

Bahahaha, I'm going to try this. Excellent.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sorry guys: I have to buy the starter pack to demonstrate the interaction between toys and videogame at work, but I have to buy also the console to play it.
I have:

small budget
no TV in office (for the moment)
need to show it to some people (not one to one meeting)

I was thinking that buying a Wii + DI game would be the cheapest way, and would be perfect to show it to a group of people, but I have no TV

So I was thinking to buy a 3DS + DI game, that would be the second cheapest solution, but probably I'd need a 3DSXL (bigger screens, to allow at least few people to look at it), but I'm not sure about the 3DS version of the game: how is it? does it work in the same way of the console versions, in terms of interaction between figures and videogames?

I'm interested more in the Playset adventures than in the Toy Box mode...

HELP ME!!

Sorry guys: I have to buy the starter pack to demonstrate the interaction between toys and videogame at work, but I have to buy also the console to play it.
I have:

small budget

I was thinking that buying a Wii + DI game would be the cheapest way, and would be perfect to show it to a group of people, but I have no TV

So I was thinking to buy a 3DS + DI game, that would be the second cheapest solution, but probably I'd need a 3DSXL (bigger screens, to allow at least few people to look at it), but I'm not sure about the 3DS version of the game: how is it? does it work in the same way of the console versions, in terms of interaction between figures and videogames?

HELP ME!!

3DS game is a different version, basically a party game. Not a good example.

Better stay with a console version. Wii version has no online and a have a very limited toybox (but if it is not your focus).

Do you have access to LCD monitors in your office? Probably better than moving tv sets to a meeting room. Then the PS3 or Xbox 360 console would be better to connect to it with HDMI.

But I do not your budget/where you are located.A PS3/360 console + the starter pack would be too much?

How come toy story is the last set?? I thought they were supposed to release several?

In Disney Infinity every content must be already on the disc, there are not true DLC, due to Wii limitations.

So we well know everything that is about to come.

Plus they already announced TS as the last playset.

We will see TS playset, Frozen and Phineas&Ferb packs (2 figures + 2 power discs), single packs for Mickey, Rapunzel, Jack, Elsa and Anna, Ralph and Venelope, and a girl power triple pack.

Katzii

In Disney Infinity every content must be already on the disc, there are not true DLC, due to Wii limitations.

So we well know everything that is about to come.

Plus they already announced TS as the last playset.

This has just made the game that much less appealing to me. I thought that Infinity was supposed to be a platform for them to create more levels on for more series?

That being said, I'm still in the crowd who hasn't seen the appeal of this game in the first place. I don't like that I can only use certain characters in certain levels and some don't even get to go in levels. Would appreciate knowing what the appeal of this is, please!

eggwolio

I have:

small budget

HELP ME!!

Assuming you're in the US, you could get a used 360 at GameStop for as little as $120 and return it when you're done. The starter pack won't be returnable, but you could throw it on Craigslist or eBay and recoup some of your investment.

Sorry guys: I have to buy the starter pack to demonstrate the interaction between toys and videogame at work, but I have to buy also the console to play it.[...]
As mentioned before, you can use a PS3, xbox 360, or a WiiU and use the hdmi to connect to a monitor. Check if your monitor at work has a HDMI input already. And check if it has an audio out port near that hdmi input. If so, you can plug HDMI into the monitor, and PC speakers into that monitor for sound.

I think the other user's idea of buying a used system at gamestop is the most efficient option. Then return the used system and sell the starter kit used online or at gamestop

How are the lone ranger and cars play sets? I don't give a shit about either franchise, but pirates I actively dislike and I'm enjoying the adventure mode quite a bit so I'm curious

gotee12

How are the lone ranger and cars play sets? I don't give a shit about either franchise, but pirates I actively dislike and I'm enjoying the adventure mode quite a bit so I'm curious
I haven't seen the Lone Ranger movie (nor do I care to) but I have probably enjoyed that playset as much or more than any other.

RobbieNick

I haven't seen the Lone Ranger movie (nor do I care to) but I have probably enjoyed that playset as much or more than any other.

It's like Red Dead Redemption for kids. XD Seriously though, it's pretty good. Pirates is still my favorite of the games.

I love how Lone Ranger has a bright red tip on his gun and it makes little cap gun sounds when he fires it.

Top Bottom