• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Went to toys r us and they had no exclusive packs left and hardly any regular packs. Also picked up dash and Francesco. Only missing violet but I'm waiting for the 3 pack that includes her. How many power discs are in series 1. It says collect all 20, but was wondering if there was more?

Opened the 4 disc packs i just bought and got 3 Mulan horses. Damn you disney.

eggwolio

Went to toys r us and they had no exclusive packs left and hardly any regular packs. Also picked up dash and Francesco. Only missing violet but I'm waiting for the 3 pack that includes her. How many power discs are in series 1. It says collect all 20, but was wondering if there was more?

There are indeed twenty, unless you count the toys r us exclusive discs as part of series one, in which case there are thirty.

There are indeed twenty, unless you count the toys r us exclusive discs as part of series one, in which case there are thirty.

I thought mikes car was the only toys r is exclusive? I guess I'll have to read more into it.

I thought each pack contains a round disc? I got 3 packs with all hex discs

Edit: so I've been messing around with toy box and noticed placing enemy's takes a large amount of usable level space, was wondering if its a better idea to place enemy spawning machines?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Smarter enemy setups > MORE enemy setups, yes.

I you have enemy generators, use a counter (or multiple counters) to keep the number if enemies spawned low. When the limit is reached turn the generator off. Each generator has a defeated trigger which you can use to send a signal back to the counter and a repeater for example.

You can also use said triggers to create a more puzzle-like encounter as well. A never ending respawn of villains, one at a time, until you kill them in the correct order.

But yeah... I have a pretty massive level going on right now (multiple massive blocks many many many stories tall) and my bar is maybe 1/10th the way up. 3-4 enemies doesnt even budge it. As soon as my generators get like 12+ simultaneous enemies in the level my bar is maxed and the game won't let me add any more toys.

Also logic toys seem to be not the end of the world in terms of cost. Until you add player logic (stepped on). I've had some pretty intricate logic setups and it's been visible but not awful on the bar. As soon as you tie it to a player trigger of some type the cost skyrockets.

Yaari

They are making this pretty difficult, I'll never get all of the exclusive discs this way. Might just have to give up on those.

I believe the Toys R Us exclusive discs will come out in future waves as regular discs, so all you're missing out on is getting them earlier, the colored border, and the lenticular sticker.

eggwolio

I thought mikes car was the only toys r is exclusive? I guess I'll have to read more into it.

I thought each pack contains a round disc? I got 3 packs with all hex discs

Edit: so I've been messing around with toy box and noticed placing enemy's takes a large amount of usable level space, was wondering if its a better idea to place enemy spawning machines?
Mike's car is the only one out so far. There's a tron disc coming this weekend and eight more to follow on a currently undisclosed schedule.

JFunky

Heads up if your still looking for the crystal lighting McQueen. Toys r us has them avaible on their site again, the shipping cost sucks, but its still better than buying off eBay!

So, with Incredibles done, MU done and Cars done, I've moved onto The Lone Ranger. Saving Pirates for last.

Having completed all mastery and most adventures to gold and a few characters via fan trick, its saying theres no more items in the spin for me, is that it? Pretty crazy if so. Not disappointed, just surprised that went faster than I thought. My OCD wont let me build in the toy box till ive completed and gathered all (most?) capsules from the playsets.

borghe

So, with Incredibles done, MU done and Cars done, I've moved onto The Lone Ranger. Saving Pirates for last.

Having completed all mastery and most adventures to gold and a few characters via fan trick, its saying theres no more items in the spin for me, is that it? Pretty crazy if so. Not disappointed, just surprised that went faster than I thought. My OCD wont let me build in the toy box till ive completed and gathered all (most?) capsules from the playsets.

I've got everything in the collection it looks like so far except for Incredibles (which I haven't really started yet) and unreleased figures. Most of the Incredibles toys (in-game toys that is) look like the least interesting stuff to me.. So at this second I am having too much fun building my Cave of Wonders to go through the Incredibles playset.

Have there been any updates on user-generated toy boxes or the iPad app?

I'm hoping the ipad app is a little easier to use to create levels, my 5 year old daughter has been watching me build but feels intimidated by the controls. Hell even I have a hard time at times. She plays minecraft on the ipad and I'm amazed at the stuff she makes, I'd love to see her get the hang of toybox to see what she comes up with.

RobbieNick

BIG UPDATE:

Disney is FINALLY accepting submissions for levels. And there are some new Disney submissions in the Toybox including the city of Columbia from Bioshock Infinite.

BIG UPDATE:

Disney is FINALLY accepting submissions for levels. And there are some new Disney submissions in the Toybox including the city of Columbia from Bioshock Infinite.

I'm confused. Haven't they always been accepting submissions? I sent one to them a week ago, there's a Submit to Disney button or something like that on the screen where you download the toy boxes.

I'm confused. Haven't they always been accepting submissions? I sent one to them a week ago, there's a Submit to Disney button or something like that on the screen where you download the toy boxes.

I think he means that Disney is now making available the submitted levels. Actually it was pretty fast considering they have to analise/play the levels in detail to search for offensive content.

RobbieNick

LOL My bad. I never noticed it until I paused to get out of a pre-done Toy Box.

German-GAF: it seens that The exclusive Power discs are out in Germany each retailer getting a different design (marked in The front of the package). At least six of the discs are already releases. Anyone from Germany wanna help me getting the set?

So I've not really had a chance to try out the Toybox. How robust is it? Are you able to do add stuff like text boxes etc, to make levels of your own or is it just 'hur, hur logic makes you die when you flip a car' type stuff?

Captain N

I've been looking into getting this. the Wii U Miiverse seems to be people complaining about the game on there. So I was thinking of picking it up on 360. thoughts?

Rootbeer

Banned
Found second wave of TRU exclusive disc packs today but they wouldn't sell it to me. Gave an error about the street date at the register.

borghe

I've been looking into getting this. the Wii U Miiverse seems to be people complaining about the game on there. So I was thinking of picking it up on 360. thoughts?

Wii U has everything the PS360 versions do plus more. Multiplayer is 100% friend based (i.e. they need to be your friend and need a copy of the game) on all platforms.

There is IMHO no reason to pick the game up on PS360 if you have a Wii U UNLESS you actually have a number of friends on the other platform playing the game.

Biggest complaints I see on Miiverse (rightfully) is the stupid lack of screenshots in the community. which is stupid. yeah, stupid. c'mon Disney (assuming it's their choice, not Nintendo's)

Captain N

Wii U has everything the PS360 versions do plus more. Multiplayer is 100% friend based (i.e. they need to be your friend and need a copy of the game) on all platforms.

There is IMHO no reason to pick the game up on PS360 if you have a Wii U UNLESS you actually have a number of friends on the other platform playing the game.

Biggest complaints I see on Miiverse (rightfully) is the stupid lack of screenshots in the community. which is stupid. yeah, stupid. c'mon Disney (assuming it's their choice, not Nintendo's)

We got it on Wii U and kinda bummed about local Multiplayer. On the back of the Box it says Pro controller supported. It isn't fixed yet. Kinda lame.

On a side note...I saw Wii version doesn't support Multiplayer outside of toy box mode.

Found second wave of TRU exclusive disc packs today but they wouldn't sell it to me. Gave an error about the street date at the register.

Does the physical pack look different?

Sigh, I hate that I'm more interested in collecting this stuff than actually playing the game at this point. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was walkin' around Best Buy and I saw a few Starter Packs near the WiiU's, stacked rather unceremoniously, and no other iconography around. I was pretty stunned that this game wasn't getting the exquisite treatment and luxurious shelf space afforded to Skylanders (even before it was a proven quantity).

Then I turned a corner...
j0vpO7rXo1Apb.jpg
Jeez.

I really hope this is well-supported. The possibilities are just ridiculous. I can't bring myself to invest the rather soul-punching funds demanded to get what's available at this point, but I know I'd spend embarrassing amounts of time in the Toy Box if I got it. Really creative and unbridled fun. Shame there were some apparent quality assurance issues but the fact that this works as a platform at all is pretty great.

Have there been aaaaany new play sets announced yet?
The house from Up in Toy Columbia.. that is maybe the most perfect anything ever

Have there been aaaaany new play sets announced yet?

The only one planned for DI is Toy Story in Space, set to be released in October.

There will be a few characters (either in single or multi packs) to be released, but they are ToyBox-only, with no playset.

Browse this thread a few pages back for images.

This is just fan art from DevianART but it is too cool not to post it. I would buy it in a second (and they could make a crystal skull variant too):

13009a.jpg

Second wave of power discs dated and available for pre-order at TRU and Gamespot: Nov 26th. At the same date Frozen Set will be released, but I did not like its price: US$ 29.99 (same price as a triple-pack, despite having only 2 figures + 2 power discs, it should be cheaper). Toy Story Playset arrives at Oct 22nd.

Captain N

Dash (my son) loves the game so far. He's got the Starter Pack as well as Mike and Dash (Meta). He said he wants them all now. So now he wants them all for Christmas.

At the same date Frozen Set will be released, but I did not like its price: US$ 29.99 (same price as a triple-pack, despite having only 2 figures + 2 power discs, it should be cheaper).

Yeah, I noticed that too. With the triple packs, you save $3 on each figure ($9 total). With the Frozen pack... you don't save anything, and pay $4 for the set of power discs...

Wtf toy box columbia wont work on the wii u, it says "the toy box you are attempting to download is too large for the system you have and cant be played"

Seriously fuck you disney im done supporting your game

Fewr

These things are super expensive, but they are a very good incentive for me to stick to my cross fit training at the local gym.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Tron discs are wave 2, right? TRU exclusives are only exclusive for a short time? I don't want to drive to TRU this weekend...

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Anybody looking to do some trading of power discs? I've been making use of the NeoGAF spreadsheet, but really only need a Dumbo to complete my set.

I have the other two rares to trade, along with a bunch of extras from the regular set.

Side note: is there a thread for disc trading? Is there even interest in it?

RobbieNick

FFFFFUUUUUU!!!!

So I ordered a King Kandy's Desert toppings (Sugar Rush track) off of E-Bay last week. It finally shows up and it's Sugar Rush Sky which I already have! I look at the item description. It says "King Kandy's Dessert Toppings Disc #10, but the picture shown is the Sugar Rush Sky Disc #11. They look so much alike I didn't notice the picture of the item didn't match the description. I'm contacting the seller on E-Bay, but I'm gonna try to trade the disc along with several others at TrU.

This really pisses me off. I don't need any more discs out of series one other than this one and it's one the the actual few I really want! Grrr! I hate these power disc things. Such a ripoff. Oh, and thanks a lot Disney for making almost all the Tron shit on exclusive TrU discs.Really appreciate having to get up extra early on Sunday just to get the disc I want. Nice way to fuck over a Tron fan.

Captain N

So Gamestop is taking pre-orders on toy story and Frozen sets. Amazon is taking pre-orders on the toy story set. Gamestop says October 1st. Amazon says October 22nd.

Wal-Mart has Woody and it says October 1st and a Wal-Mart Exclusive.

DodgerSan

FFFFFUUUUUU!!!!

So I ordered a King Kandy's Desert toppings (Sugar Rush track) off of E-Bay last week. It finally shows up and it's Sugar Rush Sky which I already have! I look at the item description. It says "King Kandy's Dessert Toppings Disc #10, but the picture shown is the Sugar Rush Sky Disc #11. They look so much alike I didn't notice the picture of the item didn't match the description. I'm contacting the seller on E-Bay, but I'm gonna try to trade the disc along with several others at TrU.

This really pisses me off. I don't need any more discs out of series one other than this one and it's one the the actual few I really want! Grrr! I hate these power disc things. Such a ripoff. Oh, and thanks a lot Disney for making almost all the Tron shit on exclusive TrU discs.Really appreciate having to get up extra early on Sunday just to get the disc I want. Nice way to fuck over a Tron fan.

At least you can get them. I don't know of any retailers here (UK) that are doing any of this stuff.

Top Bottom