• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Magical World |OT| I'll trade you an Aladdin for your Spookledy-Boo

I'm surprised this game hadn't had more traction here. Thought the Animal Crossing crowd would eat it up. I'm hoping to get it soon, perhaps after finished Paper Mario Sticker Star.

massoluk

Banned
I have it digital and it has never froze on me. I think I remember there being a v1.1 patch or something. Did you download it?

Yup, no avoiding that day one patch, but it's been freezing on me for sometime now. Usually on Aladdin's, but got it freezing on me once in the cafe too.

I'm surprised this game hadn't had more traction here. Thought the Animal Crossing crowd would eat it up. I'm hoping to get it soon, perhaps after finished Paper Mario Sticker Star.
I initially wrote DMW off as a little too childish upon its announcement (which usually proves false for me since I generally enjoy the simplicity of kids or "all ages" games). I was given a copy by a friend who had an extra, popped it in and now I'm a goddamn idiot for the game. It's Animal Crossing / Rune Factory lite. If the penalties for missing days in AC turns you off, this is your colourful, happy, simpler alternative. Plus things are open at night. Plus Goofy.

bjork

I'm being part of the DLC problem, as I've bought everything they've put out for this. There wasn't anything planned beyond PotC as far as new worlds, right? I can see how its introduction makes sense in existing Castleton, but there isn't anywhere else I can see on the map that they could add another world.

starmud

good job on them letting people know their giving away certain furniture sets on nintendo zone x) i have no clue where i'am on the pacing for this Pinocchio set

massoluk

Banned
Animal Crossing NL's town building + Rune Factory/Harvest Moon's relationship sims + Disney Magical World's quest and cafe systems= the last game I'll ever need on the subway.

bjork

I wish they had a list of what you can get, and where. It's handy that the items you already have can be referenced, but when I'm missing one thing, going to each world and checking the mission rewards is a bit of a hassle.

I'm working on getting some star medals so I can make an uber wand. I understand that requires cafe work? Like, 8 themes, and at least one of them with an exclamation mark? Cause I did that with Minnie, and she showed up, but I didn't get a medal. Do I need more exclamation marks?

bjork

I'm working on getting some star medals so I can make an uber wand. I understand that requires cafe work? Like, 8 themes, and at least one of them with an exclamation mark? Cause I did that with Minnie, and she showed up, but I didn't get a medal. Do I need more exclamation marks?

I think only certain characters have wands, not sure if Minnie does. The two I have available in my recipe list are Cinderella and Donald Duck. Haven't been able to find the ingredients for the furniture for either, though. Not enough to have a full set, anyway.

I did hit 77 medals and
all you get is the credits and a crown? that seems like a weird unlock to me.
Also, I got the sticker for clearing the bonus episode, but is that just randomly determined? I'd done the final mission in two different worlds, but I got it in the second one.

Minnie has a secret wand. As far as I know there are secret wands for Alice, Cinderella, Aladdin, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. The character wands have their own unique magic (y) attack. I'm not sure if Pirates has a secret wand but I hope so because I like the special attack for them. I haven't finished the Pirates DLC yet so I'm not sure if a recipe exists. So far I've gotten Alice, Aladdin, Mickey, and Minnie. Minnie's is probably the easiest.

Even if your café has an 8 combo w/ 1 being secret, getting a medal is still seemingly random. I personally have not been able to get a medal for anything less than 2 secret combos so it may just increase your odds the more exclamation marks you have.

Some other observations I and others have made:

• When a character is ready to give you a medal, an exclamation mark will appear over their head so you'll know if you get one before you talk to them.
  • Characters seem to appear with certain other characters when they give you a medal. Mickey appears with Minnie. Minnie appears with Mickey. Alice appears with Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit. Aladdin appears in his prince outfit with Jasmine. I had the two show up before but he was wearing his street garb and I didn't get the medal.
  • This just may be a pure coincidence, but each time I got a medal from someone, that character was visiting Castleton at that time. I probably held around 15 parties with a secret combo of 3 for Alice and I was getting every other Wonderland character visiting except her. The next time she was in town, I got a medal first try (it probably won't be first try though).
  • Don't forget to use the food secret combo! Especially for Aladdin.

I've clocked in about 75 hours sitting at 98 medals.

bjork

Is a food secret combo just having the food all be one theme, or is there more to it than this?

Gonna be sitting at the tire shop in a few hours, looking to put in some good time with this while I wait, heh. Still need to go do runs for a bunch of apprentice medals so I can make the regular wands I'm missing, need to find the last fish for a couple of the areas, etc.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is a food secret combo just having the food all be one theme, or is there more to it than this?

Gonna be sitting at the tire shop in a few hours, looking to put in some good time with this while I wait, heh. Still need to go do runs for a bunch of apprentice medals so I can make the regular wands I'm missing, need to find the last fish for a couple of the areas, etc.
Secret food means all 3 are the same AND expensive versions of each category.

Thanks, Jailer. I'm sitting at 97 medals myself. I am really sick of grinding for recipe ingredients and waiting in real time for the cafe to sell out so I can have a party.

Maybe I will just say eff it and give the game to my sister. It has lost most of the fun since it tales all day to unlock a single piece of furniture when it costs 200k.

pariah164

Necroing this thread. I seem to be stuck at 77 medals. I looked at the 'help' menu, but it didn't really tell me what to do. Help?

Necroing this thread. I seem to be stuck at 77 medals. I looked at the 'help' menu, but it didn't really tell me what to do. Help?

Grind recipe ingredients. Leave the cafe running to get as much money as possible. Grow roses with both special boost plants.

Any more specific question?

pariah164

Grind recipe ingredients. Leave the cafe running to get as much money as possible. Grow roses with both special boost plants.

Any more specific question?
Yes. How do you get the medals needed for ultimate wands? I'm not sure what a secret combo is, or how to get it.

A combo of 8, some of them need the exclamation mark. Basically, you need the expensive options. I had 1 exclamation mark and couldn't get a medal, so I recommend at least 2 to try at all.

Keb

Neo Member
This game is one of the reasons that I want a 3DS (huge Disney fan, especially love the parks).

Anyone have the LE 3DSXL? I love the look of it, but if it is going to yellow like my white DS did, I'm not sure I want to pick it up. I'll go with a different color instead. I have a feeling I know the answer to this question, but is it better to just go with an XL or does anyone here use a 2DS? I was wondering how those hold us against the XL.

Hearing Scrooge is in the game is a big plus (well, he has a store, is HE in the game?). I love the Uncle Scrooge comics...

I wish there was a game like this that took place in the parks... I have a deep interest in the Disney games that take place in the parks. Maybe that could come as a DLC or something. One can hope.

Phil S.

Banned
Uncle Scrooge, among many other Disney characters in the game outside of a select handful, don't have voice acting to them unfortunately. If that's what you meant, at least. Otherwise his personality isn't very strong in Magical World that much either.

Keb

Neo Member
Ah, yea, I am less concerned with the voice acting, and more with his personality. Thanks for the input!

SmithnCo

I wish there was a game like this that took place in the parks... I have a deep interest in the Disney games that take place in the parks. Maybe that could come as a DLC or something. One can hope.

Yeah, that would be amazing. Epic Mickey kind of attempted it but didn't nail it.

sk3tch

My son (almost 4) and I have been having a lot of fun playing Tomodachi Life together and this game seems like a good next step. Just ordered it.

TheGrue

Alright, it is done. Got 100 stickers and it only took me 106 hours of playing the game. While I was waiting for the last sticker, which was getting the 200 trading cards, I was trying to power through secret wands. Ended up getting Alice, Cinderella, Aladdin, Mickey, and Donald. Also bought the PoC content and did all of those missions. I can now put this game to rest, but it really spoke to me on some weird grinding level and all I could think about was getting those 100 stickers.

I came to this game after having played Animal Crossing every day for 1 year straight. I like that they're similar, but liked that I could technically "beat" this game. Think I will move onto Rune Factory 4.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone try this and Tomodachi Life? Was set on Tomodachi Life at first but I'm considering getting this instead to go with Kirby for the best buy b1g1 sale.

Downhome

I bought this for my wife last week on the first day of the Best Buy sale. She isn't much of a gamer, but gets addicted to games she ends up loving. She loved Nintendogs + Cats, Animal Crossing, and now this one has joined that list. I love seeing her play it because I think this one may lead to her trying out a Zelda game or something else like that. Here is the screenshot of her stats so far (and she has collected 47 stickers)...

Z8Vh3Ze.jpg

That said, she wanted me to ask about two things...

-Do any of you guys have an issue with the game freezing? In all the hours she has been playing it she has only had it happen twice, but still. It happens just right in the middle of her playing it.

-Where is the "white rabbit watch ornament"?

bjork

Alright, it is done. Got 100 stickers and it only took me 106 hours of playing the game. While I was waiting for the last sticker, which was getting the 200 trading cards, I was trying to power through secret wands. Ended up getting Alice, Cinderella, Aladdin, Mickey, and Donald. Also bought the PoC content and did all of those missions. I can now put this game to rest, but it really spoke to me on some weird grinding level and all I could think about was getting those 100 stickers.

I came to this game after having played Animal Crossing every day for 1 year straight. I like that they're similar, but liked that I could technically "beat" this game. Think I will move onto Rune Factory 4.

I envy you. I pooped out at like 85 stickers and I haven't gone back to it. I want to finish it, but then I think of the grind involved and I don't even open the system, heh.

downhome - that sounds like it would drop in one of the Alice levels, but don't hold me to that. You can check before a mission to see which potential drops there are, though.

Where is the Mickey car figurine?

The Mickey Car Statue? I think Mickey will either ask you for one and gives you the recipe so you can make it or he simply gives you the recipe for doing him a favor. I can't remember which.

The materials are:

• Red Card Soldier Paint x1
  • Broken Clock Gear x1
  • Inky Bubbles x1
  • Costs 33K

Sakura Yume

Neo Member
Anyone try this and Tomodachi Life? Was set on Tomodachi Life at first but I'm considering getting this instead to go with Kirby for the best buy b1g1 sale.

I played both. It depends on if you prefer more passive games or more active games. Disney Magical World has a lot more for you to participate in while Tomodachi Life is a lot more passive and is mostly waiting on your Miis wanting you to do things.

I finally got all the Secret Wands not too long ago but am still trying to get more Minnie Medals and another Mickey medal for the clothing and furniture items respectively.

Also just 2 cards left. After that, it'll just be continuing to try and complete the collections--I really need to find time to do more runs through the Episodes, but I tend to have terrible luck when it comes to looking for certain ingredients.

Downhome

My wife just showed me her game and how they have given it a Fall/Halloween theme today. It looks pretty cool, the big Mickey head in the square is mad of Jackolanterns now.

My wife just showed me her game and how they have given it a Fall/Halloween theme today. It looks pretty cool, the big Mickey head in the square is mad of Jackolanterns now.

That reminds me of going to Disneyland during their Halloween celebration a couple years ago.

I was kind of on the fence about this game, that just pushed me over (oddly enough).

daydream

Banned
No EU hype? :p

So I wanted to go out and get the game but then I noticed that AmazonDE was selling it for 32€ so I ordered that. No shipping date, yet, though.

daydream

Banned
Seems like nobody's playing it, that's a shame. I just ordered again from a different seller since AmazonDE was still out of stock or whatever. Still saving 7€ since I'm getting it for 33€.

I have a question: There's free and paid DLC, right? Is there anything that is time-exclusive in the sense that it has to be downloaded with a certain time frame?

Seems like nobody's playing it, that's a shame. I just ordered again from a different seller since AmazonDE was still out of stock or whatever. Still saving 7€ since I'm getting it for 33€.

I have a question: There's free and paid DLC, right? Is there anything that is time-exclusive in the sense that it has to be downloaded with a certain time frame?
I believe so, I think some of the free dlc is timed

Kouriozan

My mother bought it on Amazon but it's sold out (not on marketplace party seller) so she'll get it in 2 weeks.
I'll wait until she get it to see if I can like this game.

daydream

Banned
I can't access the DLC store ("Get Presents") in the main menu, What gives? :( Error code 004-3003

Edit: nm, that's apparently Nintendo Zone related stuff? I wonder if there's already something available for download.

daydream

Banned
I'll try and keep the monologue to a minimum (;-;) but man, this game is right up my alley. Finished the tutorial (first 16 stickers) and wow, it's kinda crazy that I'm concurrently playing this, Fantasy Life and Tomodachi Life. Why do I have to enjoy these time-intensive games so much? :p

I'll try and keep the monologue to a minimum (;-;) but man, this game is right up my alley. Finished the tutorial (first 16 stickers) and wow, it's kinda crazy that I'm concurrently playing this, Fantasy Life and Tomodachi Life. Why do I have to enjoy these time-intensive games so much? :p

It's an excellent game. 100 sticker'd the game which was not something I though I'd do. I really do hope for a sequel.

Top Bottom