• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Magical World |OT| I'll trade you an Aladdin for your Spookledy-Boo

Kinsei

Banned
I've made it up to 70 stickers. The Agrabah merchant still isn't selling what I need, but he was selling a special cloth for 30k that I bought. I figured it's rare so I might as well get one.

I picked up both pieces of paid DLC and I'm absolutely loving the Sleeping Beauty cafe items. The Easter set really isn't worth the money though. The quest is just a collect x amount of items quest, but the gimmick is that there is a different amount of items each time you do the quest. No cool Easter skins for the ghosts or anything.

My wife is having some issues with the monsters now. She only has the first upgrade wand with 28 stickers. Any tips I can pass on?

Use the R button. You are invincible while dodging.

Kinsei

Banned
Talk about disheartening. The 180cm fish is the last fishing sticker I need.

zlCfzRzltT4NT3SD9E

The merchant in Agrabah was finally selling one of the items I need. Time to finally upgrade my cafe.

Got farther into the prologue went on my first mission. Holy shit this game is a revelation. This is the game I always wanted Kingdom Hearts to be. I am absolutely falling in love with this game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Two new questions!

- Where do you find a honey pot for Pooh?
- What exactly are you supposed to do when you visit other cafes?

SmithnCo

Two new questions!

- Where do you find a honey pot for Pooh?
- What exactly are you supposed to do when you visit other cafes?

You get clothes for giving people a nice in their cafe. Other than that, you can see what they look like and people who visit yours will show up in your town and give you cards.

Kinsei

Banned
I finished every quest in the Cinderella world and I managed to catch a 182cm fish. I'm currently sitting pretty at 78 stickers.

HawthorneKitty, you were the one who asked about getting the Pete photo, right? He asked me to take one with him right after I got his final card. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not, but if you still don't have it, this could set you on the right track.

bjork

The Genie just appeared after I got back from a trip to see Pooh. So I think I'm not incredibly far in, but I like this.

Is there any penalty for turning down requests? Or for failing them? I had a few going and then didn't play for several days, so they weren't there when I got back.

stop tempting me guys damnit :((( i am a sucker for games like these even if i won't play them much, but yeah it being more goal driven could help me playing it more, i prefer linearity in my games nowadays

bjork

stop tempting me guys damnit :((( i am a sucker for games like these even if i won't play them much, but yeah it being more goal driven could help me playing it more, i prefer linearity in my games nowadays

Just do it, man. It's good stuff. Light fun for when you're watching something or whatever, or if you want to get into hunting ingredients for stuff, you can do that too. And yo, Pluto is super cool.

The prologue is incredibly linear and I loved it. I have since exited the prologue and it becomes a bit less linear, because you can choose where to get your stickers, but there remains a linearity within that path, not unlike achievements in say a game like Diablo 3.

For example, after the prologue...
you get several options for getting new stickers, but they almost always are about getting more in a specific path - more ace assembles, more episodes completed, more new furniture made, more new fish caught, breaking a fish caught size record, etc. So within each area there is linearity, but you might need to mix it up to make progress in certain areas.

I really love how the design of the game does not force you to have to deal with timing issues...

For example: If you run out of food at the Cafe, no big deal, you just don't advance, gain money, or whatever. There is no penalty for letting it languish. Real pick up and play.

The same can be said for the farm. You plant your seed. It takes real time to grow and harvest. If it runs out of water or weeds appear, it stalls, but you won't lose your progress. You just pick it up whenever you want.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf had this glitch that if you found a lost item and it took you more than a day to find the owner, nobody would know whose it was and the item was just a dead weight in your inventory.

I have not tried to play the game late at night. Do shops close? If not that is awesome. I hated impediments to progress like that.

Has anyone discovered the method to the madness with cards? What determines whether you get a common, rare, or super rare? I keep an eye out for every Disney character and whether they give out cards. Does it matter which greeting you give them?

Kinsei

Banned
I've caught every single fish!

Has anyone discovered the method to the madness with cards? What determines whether you get a common, rare, or super rare? I keep an eye out for every Disney character and whether they give out cards. Does it matter which greeting you give them?

I think it's 100% random. Some times I'll get a few different rare or super rare cards in a row and another time I'll get the same common card 4 times in a row. To answer your question in your last post, no, the shops do not close. I've played until midnight last Saturday night/Sunday morning and the shops were still open.

Is it just me or does the manager at the cafe look like the most depressed character in the game? The way they drew his eyes, he looks like he hasn't slept in years.

bjork

I have not tried to play the game late at night. Do shops close? If not that is awesome. I hated impediments to progress like that.

I bought it around 1 am, after the midnight launch. You could still go do all the stuff, it was just night time in the game.

I think it's random. I got the super rare for H/D/L right away, but haven't managed to get one from anyone else yet.

Eyothrie

has anyone sucessfully downloaded this game in the past two days? I'm getting a 007-2619 error, and my friend living in a different location is getting the same error.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
At 95 now; also not sure if you actually need 8 combo beyond the first time (or even first) as I got a second Cinderella with 6.

I must be an idiot but I can't find the missing card from the chancellor during the prologue. I'm at something like 5 stickers. :p

pariah164

Alright.

Also, what is a "themed combo"? Wife has to make 2 for a sticker??
Themed combos are the cafe. If your wallpaper and tables match for a specific theme, that's a combo. If your tables and chairs match, that's another. If your staff are wearing matching outfits, that's another combo.

colon

When visiting other players' cafes, is that stuff region locked? I know several players on my friend list who are from Japan have played this and they don't show up for me when I choose to visit a friend's cafe and I don't show up for them either. I've had random American guests visit my cafe though. I guess it's not a big loss since you can't really do anything in their cafes anyway...

anyone try the pirates DLC yet? :3 im surprised its only 4 dollars, i thought its a whole new area + content?

Yeah. It's pretty much set up like the other worlds. I've only done the first couple of episodes. The first one is available at 16 stickers and has you finding the first outfit recipe. After the episode Yen Sid will offer to make you the first stage Pirates wand. The ingredients to the Pirates recipes are mostly drops from the Pirates world and episodes. Fishing is offered within the main world (Tortuga).

Top Bottom