• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] Final Fantasy Community |OT| The 14th cycle may be a reality.

Narolf

Banned
I put over 80 hours into Dissidia between the original and this. Just where did I go wrong...

I picked it up again with the sale coming along. Anyone know how to transfer my psp save file over to my Vita?
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/52313/how-can-i-move-my-psp-game-saves-onto-my-ps-vita

So, I'm buying a PSP Go pretty much to play this and FFTWOTL.

Has anyone else here played this on their HDTV's with a dualshock? Does it feel as natural?
Not on a TV, but I did play it on my PC's monitor using RemoteJoy. Felt more than natural.

SougoXIII

In case some of you may have wanted it, I took the liberties of upload some replays videos of my matches on ad hoc and locally. Hope you all enjoy:

Vs LXD92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlPrcqPXp2k

You guys may of heard about this LXD guy. To this day I still don't know how I manage to grabbed a few wins against him (Maybe he's got tired of beating me and lost concentration.) With his speed and jumps trolling, I got no room to breath and build assist and 1 mistake = 1 Swift attack = 4K Hp gone with Aerith. As someone who's much more eloquent than me put it:

Imagine Squall and Zidane get into an actual fight. Squall brings a bunch of awesome knives and swords. There's Beat Fang, Aerial Circle, Thunder Barret...all of his best and most polished swords, sharpened to their finest. A single cut from any one of these knives or swords would surely cause a lot of damage and pain. Being scared of such a collection of sharp objects would surely be normal.

Zidane isn't scared though, because he has Swift Attack.

Swift Attack is a .45 semi-automatic.

Despite the trauma though, I thoroughly enjoy fighting one of the top players in the community and look forward to fighting him again.

Vs Mericus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYoGegqc2A

As I only got online recently and there's only 1 person who play the game seriously around me, my MU experience is rather limited. I was very nervous going against an Exdeath and Mericus is one of the best out there (He and I clashed a few time before and he sent me packing every time). I was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed fighting against Exdeath.

The M2 of that video reminded me that DDFF is just a giant troll.

Vs The Gaur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZ2as7P6Aw

Remember that one person who play DDFF seriously in my local area? He got one phenomenal Cecil who he stuck with ever since Dissidia. Some of you may already know him for his mad aerial movements. We played countless matches against each other for 2 years and can read each other like a book. I always encourage him to go online as I'm pretty sure he can give some of the top tiers a run for their money.

Oh and the reason why our accessory is so weird because we were actually using the Japanese Tournament Ruleset. It have its own appeal and we had a lot of fun with it.

Narolf

Banned
Rankings updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsgCizMWmN6cdENhdXhLbGtHNnlOWDlQX21kRkhuNVE#gid=1

• Added all new players. Welcome, everyone!
  • TEAM TKG (FFxStrife & Cherub) added to the roster. Welcome back, guys.
  • Updated results in chronological order (Quickening ~> Challenges ~> Potential Unlocked ~> Challenges).
Besides, I would like the spreadsheet to be in the results' thread's OP rather than a copy/paste. If you guys don't do it to facilitate my work and "yours", then do it for everyone else; participants and lurkers alike. Thanks for your cooperation.

Competitive OP updated: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47076319&postcount=2

• Prize for the 1st ~ 200%[Number of participants]$
  • Feral Chaos unbanned; VD and BF are tho.
  • First stage is now always randomized.
  • Consequently, LR : Aim to Win's tournament will be inaugurated a few days after the conclusion of the major. It will be split up between the three regions: NA, EU and SA; three regional tournaments into one event.
I don't know if any of you came over but it was quite an eventful tournament.

In case some of you may have wanted it...

The lack of activity was something I've anticipated; and so did Dave, but for wrong reasons.

Neogaf? They aren't a forum for tournament action. When I hear Neogaf, I hear of a forum for information on games where people gossip about new developments within the gaming industry. The forum is so BROAD that newcomers will never go there for DF related material. GOOD LUCK STARTING TO establish something on Neogaf. Don't worry I saw your post on Neogaf about your Tier list. I wonder how thats doing? Now theres DF, where all the information in the world about "your" favorite game is here. If I was new and typed Dissida information within the google search, I would most likely select DF for their appearance and the amount of information I can get out of Dissidia. What will you have on Neogaf? One thread or two on DF? That's not good enough for a consumer.

In retrospect, presenting this project to Kagari as a community thread was pompous since it's more along the lines of those giant "Let's Play" threads we have here. It serves as a support to showcase the best of the Dissidia's community over the past years, as well as its competitive scene. It wasn't particularly meant to build up an user-base.

[FFGAF |Kagari|] ~> (DissidiaGAF |Me|) ~> [#DDFFCasual |Kayarine & LonelyGaruga|] <~ (DissidiaForums |Massfia|)
  • [...] = community
  • (...) = medium
  • |...| = leader(s)
  • ~> = related to
That's my vision. This thread ultimately aimed at being nothing but a bridge between the FF contingent of NeoGAF and #DDFFCasual. In other words, I wasn't expecting the Dissidia community to get bigger thanks to this thread.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying newcomers aren't welcomed with open doors and free food. I'm saying everyone out there interested in tackling Dissidia in-depth already knew about DissidiaForums; Professor Beef for instance, who used to play DFF over AHP back in the day and kept following the scene afterwards. However, there were also those who...
I didn't even know competitive dissidia was a thing.
Count me as surprised there is a tournament scene for this game...but maybe I should be! Now I feel like watching a bunch of these videos, darnit.
...had no idea of the very existence of such scene.

I didn't reply to them because everyone already knew about how aggressive I became at the thought of DissidiaForums at that point, but those two quotes spoke volume to me; same as the article I've mentioned here. Those three pretty much summed up the sentiments I've had over the 3+ years of activity in DF. I took absolutely no pride at being a mod over there because I always felt like being the black sheep of the FF community by and large for being part of DF. I may be over-dramatizing again here, but really... the sole fact the forum has no affiliate whatsoever after four years of existence should speak alone; Mayonaka Midnight doesn't really count since Mass Zero remains its Web-master.

Definitely #DDFFCasual is where the Dissidia community is at ever since its inception, in July 2011. It remains very active to this day, with 20-40 regulars depending on when you get on. Sure, some people will tell you that is a ridiculous number compared to (actual) fighting games (last paragraph) but really... that comparison makes even less sense than the one between FFXII and FFXIII. As Kagari put it herself, Dissidia is an "unique fighting game", so that I've never got why those guys always wanted to consider it on the same scale as the likes of Street Fighter and Tekken. Game is short and sweet, just like its community. Striving for making it something it wasn't meant to be is a waste of time.

Every otaku needs a place to be other than home (I know I do) and, barring how long it takes to get approved on NeoGAF, some folks may not have liked it here, which is also why I intended this thread to remain a nexus more than a community thread. You can join the events hosted here regardless of whether you're part of NeoGAF, DF, #DDFFCasual or even all three. As of today, six people have asked me to provide them with an email address, and four of us have already got their account approved (Sparki, Stevie, you and me). Besides, I am not even going to touch on how bad of an idea splitting a community is.

NeoGAF was my online home, even more so than #DDFFCasual since I don't like instant messaging. Going to sound lovey-dovey once more here, but if there is a thing I owe to Kagari other than supporting this thread, that would be to make me realize how much I was in the wrong for such a long time. Furthering Dissidia on GAF/alongside her/under her wing has been a shy ambition of mine for years, but I ultimately preferred staying on DF because, simply put, I was in a position of power there. Whether it was to weed out trouble-makers (reply to the second quote) or for "administrative" tasks (stickying, organizing, archiving, etc.), I was always under the impression I had a duty to abide by.

I was lying to myself and Kagari's approval (unwarrantedly) allowed me to reach out to the truth. She would be the one singing here, and every single word of the lyrics matches with the drama that happened over at DF, especially this part...

Stop the guerrilla warfare to keep it fair
Bro change your rage to a smarter greater cause

So, for the sake of keeping the vendetta as tame as possible, I'm going to delay the NA tournament once more: it will take place on the week-end of the 22th since there is already an EU tournament for this week-end over at DF. However, I should stress that I'm not doing it for DissidiaForums, rather for the Dissidia community as a whole; for you guys to be able to follow and enjoy both tournaments separately.

In the meantime, here is its teaser...

SougoXIII

Yeah its suck that this thread isn't active as I would like it to be though I kinda expect it - there simply isn't any DDFF discussion to be had here.

Remember the exchange between me and Magius about Exdeath? That discussion drew in a lot of interest from surrounding party because they didn't expect DDFF to have that kind of depth to it. We need that kind of discussion here and hell even back in DF. This is the reason why the Backroom baffle me so - although 'new' players like me may not have anything to contribute, they would still like to read what the top players' opinions are about the the game. The character discussion section is totally barren in the forum as I assumed all the juicy stuff is happening in BR. It paint the picture to newcomers that DDFF is basically dead when it still alive and kicking.

Zephyrus

Banned
Dissidia 012 didn't do remotely as well as Dissidia 1 (though this should be expected for what is really just an expansion pack) and the Dissiida mindset gave us Theatrythm.

Also TWEWY didn't perform that well on DS either. I get some of the frustation, but there are good reasons some of these have been treated the way they have.

probably because dissidia 012 was pretty much an expansion of the first one?

I only liked Kain and Gilgamesh's inclusion. Hated everyone else. EVERYONE ELSE.

Yuna gets in before Auron? LOL

Tifa is debatable... I would prefer Vincent.

Laguna gets in before Seifer or Zell? LOL

Vaan gets in before Ashe or Balthier? LOL

Prishe I really couldn't give a damn...

Kyon

Banned
bye Yuna is the most iconic FF female eva.

Did Flopron get 2 games with him being the main? Idts bow to the queen!

I'm still PRESSED that it wasn't her X-2 form with her Gunner dressphere and some of her more notable dresspheres like Mascot and Songstress along with her Ex Mode being Floral Fallal UGH but I did buy the DLC to make it feel more like X-2sus Christ tbh

Narolf

Banned
Oh, neat. I should fire up my copy and get the rust off sometime this weekend.

Sounds like a plan! I would recommend you head on over at the IRC if your computer isn't too far off your PS3. It makes me match-making easier. Apart from that, everything else is the same as before: NA AHP, NA version, lobby D1.

Yeah its suck that this thread isn't active as I would like it to be though I kinda expect it - there simply isn't any DDFF discussion to be had here.

Remember the exchange between me and Magius about Exdeath? That discussion drew in a lot of interest from surrounding party because they didn't expect DDFF to have that kind of depth to it. We need that kind of discussion here and hell even back in DF. This is the reason why the Backroom baffle me so - although 'new' players like me may not have anything to contribute, they would still like to read what the top players' opinions are about the the game. The character discussion section is totally barren in the forum as I assumed all the juicy stuff is happening in BR. It paint the picture to newcomers that DDFF is basically dead when it still alive and kicking.

Honestly, the backroom may have been a good concept on the paper, it turned out to be nothing but a running gag more by the time. Remember me cracking down on Seraph in his thread about Rebellious Soul in December and going as far as threatening him of a ban for a week? Besides, Garuga shares the same sentiments for a while now. All the in-depth talk about the game is now made over at #DDFFCasual, but I don't think a chat is the best medium for that kind of discussion.

Sounds like a plan! I would recommend you head on over at the IRC if your computer isn't too far off your PS3. It makes me match-making easier. Apart from that, everything else is the same as before: NA AHP, NA version, lobby D1.
I was mainly talking about doing some CPU fights first. There's no way I'm ready for human people this soon since I barely remember how to play in the first place lol.

SougoXIII

Honestly, the backroom may have been a good concept on the paper, it turned out to be nothing but a running gag more by the time. Remember me cracking down on Seraph in his thread about Rebellious Soul in December and going as far as threatening him of a ban for a week? Besides, Garuga shares the same sentiments for a while now. All the in-depth talk about the game is now made over at #DDFFCasual, but I don't think a chat is the best way to go for that kind of discussion.

Exactly, I'll give you an example for even today: SolidSok and Hollowed was giving advice on how to play Bartz to someone over the IRC. They went down to the mechanic of each of Bartz' moves, their range, strength, weakness etc... those kind of discussion of gold for the community because they highlight the amount of depth that the seemingly 'low tier' have. Just seeing those kind of discussion will get newcomers interested - even if they don't main Bartz and the best thing about it is that Hollowed and Sok seem to be actually enjoying it. (Imagine the top players of DDFF genuinely enjoy playing the game?)

The only downside of this is that this is all done over at the IRC so it is lost forever :(

Narolf

Banned
The only downside of this is that this is all done over at the IRC so it is lost forever :(

You know, even the great majority of players invited in the back-room thought the idea was complete garbage, and ever since day one at that. I could go on and go on, but that would make me drama-llama some more. I've promised to keep that shit tame from now on; albeit I had no choice but to call out the Massfia on their bullshit with them copy-pasting the chart rather than, SWEET JESUS, simply re-linking to it.

Hollowed is also on the same page as yours by the way: http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?11337-Tier-list-s-discussion&p=397640&viewfull=1#post397640

Granted how disorganized DF is nowadays (it literally is a filthy pile of ordures at this point, what with all the clutter, the out-dated stickies and so on so forth), I think GAF would be the best medium for that kind of talk. Hell, we could even use the complementarity between Kagari's FFC and mine for that effect. At the end of the day, it's up to the folks who are lurking us as we speak and I'm not going to invite any of them here unless they come forth at me asking for an email address.

Right now replaying duodecim on my vita and hell... The experience is so much better. Nonexistent loading times and he use of a second analog stick is glorious.

Where is my dissidia vita, square enix? What are you waiting for? The vita is perfect for this kind of game... And graphically could be astounding...

SougoXIII

Right now replaying duodecim on my vita and hell... The experience is so much better. Nonexistent loading times and he use of a second analog stick is glorious.

Where is my dissidia vita, square enix? What are you waiting for? The vita is perfect for this kind of game... And graphically could be astounding...

I would sacrifice my soul to the unholy beings of an altered dimension to have a Dissidia in Vita/Ps3, especially if Square decided to be competent and improve the online infrastructure of the game. Serious, this game connects terribly in AHP and for a fighting game, that's not acceptable.

Zephyrus

Banned
bye Yuna is the most iconic FF female eva.

Did Flopron get 2 games with him being the main? Idts bow to the queen!

I'm still PRESSED that it wasn't her X-2 form with her Gunner dressphere and some of her more notable dresspheres like Mascot and Songstress along with her Ex Mode being Floral Fallal UGH but I did buy the DLC to make it feel more like X-2sus Christ tbh

Yuna?

LOL.

You mean Tifa right?
Or perhaps Lightning since she's by far the most popular female?

leroidys

I only liked Kain and Gilgamesh's inclusion. Hated everyone else. EVERYONE ELSE.

This one really hurt.

Narolf

Banned
(Imagine the top players of DDFF genuinely enjoy playing the game?)
I'm inclined to believe the current ones all do nowadays. Really, the only two players who were apparently hurting themselves at playing the game were Ehx and Axel. Even then, the former was being peer-pressured by all his friends who considered Dissidia as "trash", while Axel was a mere troll and an actual bad guy. For the anecdote, he knew I would have given him the boot ages ago if the decision were up to me. I couldn't since the Massfia was defending him for being a top player; especially Veysey, who was always first at sucking it up to him. Yep.

The constant negativity towards Dissidia is due to DissidiaForums. I mean, even Mass Zero alluded once he doesn't take it seriously, while Spyder always claimed the scene was on the verge of dying, and even though it was nothing but verbiage from an Artificial Intelligence, it still spoke volume. Dissidia will not be dead in my eyes so long I will get to see a minimum of 16 players joining tournaments. Simple as.

Raven,

The Internet allows people to be more negative in general because they get to hide their faces behind monitors, I know. Here is mine btw.

Regardless, it's very hard for me to ease it on my grudge, granted the Massfia has done little to nothing to cooperate ever since this thread is up and running. Terrina shoot me a mail to inform me her tournament was over as soon as it was. She has also volunteered to update the ladders' chart, an offer I've declined at arm's length because I don't trust her in the slightest. Likewise, Kraid asked me to see the affiliation letter I've sent to Mass Zero, a week after it had been; before showing it to Mikeee, in order to allow him to voice his dumb opinion about it.

At this point tho, third-parties might have the impression Kagari has given birth to an one-man army; Adam Prime has even called me out on that. Eventually my mental health will get better more by the time now that I've decided to stop trying to make amendments to the vendetta. Regardless of whether they planned to change their mind some day or not, it's too late now. All what transpired over at DissidiaForums ever since I've been banned shows they refuse to be cooperative and apparently sees me as an offender of all sorts. F that.

Chaos, your thread made my day.
smiley12.gif

Funny how the original DissidiaForums' RPG thread got deleted a few hours after it went up. Censorship rolling. Some things never change.

Wazzy

Banned

Uhhh yeah? Yuna is more important than Tidus, of course she beats out Auron.
I think she's an awful choice and to make things worse, Aerith got in too. Would prefer Zack or Red XIII. Only positive is more female representation.
Agreed. I like Laguna but Seifer and Rinoa deserve to rep.
Yup, terriblee choice but at least he was bearable in game.
I wish I knew how to properly set up ad hoc so I could compete in the tournaments(and embarrass myself with Squall lol)so that I could practice online play.

Narolf

Banned
What's going on with this OP
WIP. Wished this thread had stayed buried for some time still. Thought no one was lurking it besides DF's peeps for the on-going event.

Anyway, I have planned to make a longer post later, but for now, I'll just say that, about the first tournament for this thread I keep talking about ever since day one: it does exist, unlike Versus, I just haven't got around to host it yet because... don't want to be anyone's replacement; not even dogs'. Plan is effectively not to schedule my events at the same time as DF's. Going to stealth-brag here, but there hasn't been a single week-end without an event hosted over there ever since the day I've got banned, barring last week-end, and yet another one is coming in. This tournament will see the light of the day at some point, but the walk to get there is going to be long, possibly.

SougoXIII

I wish I knew how to properly set up ad hoc so I could compete in the tournaments(and embarrass myself with Squall lol)so that I could practice online play.

Well all you need is a Ps3 with wired connection, then make a NA & JPN PSN account, download ad hoc freely and whoa la, you're done!

Oh yeah, you might want to set you're Ps3 into DMZ, just follow Narofl's guide here:

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?11304-Adhoc-Party

or Google it, either way its not that much hassle.

Rnr1224

so i just picked up dissidia duodecim and i am loving it on my vita. However, i was wondering if it is possible to download the mods onto the vita. id really love to play as sora and roxas haha.

Top Bottom